[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5.56 bullpups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 36
File: RDB_left_DSC1572web.jpg (285 KB, 1920x758) Image search: [Google]
RDB_left_DSC1572web.jpg
285 KB, 1920x758
Daily "where the fuck are the RDBs" thread.

Alternatively, "is the x95 still 5moa," "is the MDR actually real," and "are AUGs affordable yet"
>>
Im getting the tavor x95 next week even if it has 4moa. Its my favorite cqc weapon as of late and i need it. Idk als like a 22lr bullpup and a 308 bullpup, but alas, cant find a good one for sale
>>
File: 1467360947972.png (824 KB, 1400x1194) Image search: [Google]
1467360947972.png
824 KB, 1400x1194
>>30520624
My keyboard is retarded
>>
>>30520624
I hear the RFB is solid, if not a bit poorly designed in places.
>>
File: SAM_0003.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0003.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1728
>>30520624
>giving money to the worse jews
>ever
>>
File: Kel_Tec_M43_02.jpg (154 KB, 1100x670) Image search: [Google]
Kel_Tec_M43_02.jpg
154 KB, 1100x670
>>30520593
I still want one of these.
C'mon kel tec, gimme my bullpup wood gat.
>>
>>30520661
Kel Tec fag here...we've made a couple runs of 1000 funs and are working on another run right now. We really want this one to be great once it gets out to the public. We learned a lot from how poorly the RFB performed due to it's gas system issues. The gas system on the RFB has been redesigned and that saved the gun from extinction. During this tun of RDB parts we'll be making parts for the 300BLK and 9mm versions as well.
>>
File: 2016-07-06-09-16-30-489111175.jpg (6 KB, 431x117) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-06-09-16-30-489111175.jpg
6 KB, 431x117
>>30520684
I really want them to do the RDB-C with a wood stock.
>>
File: 1374318526547.jpg (89 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1374318526547.jpg
89 KB, 768x768
>>30520702
Neat.
>>
>>30520702
Cool. Now add a PS90 dust cover so it doesn't choke.
>>
File: image.jpg (568 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
568 KB, 2048x1536
>>30520702
I'm in California, and I have less than six months to get my yogurt covered hands on an RDB. I'd happily pay MSRP for one. But if I were to buy one right now on gunbroker, after transferring it through a out-of-state dealer that modifies it to CA legal (until the end of the year), and then transferring it again to another dealer and paying his fees, I'm looking at a $2000+ dollar gun. I want to believe that I'll be able to own a RDB, but shit man, I ordered a G19 sub2000 in February, and my dealer still hasn't received his allotment.
>>
>>30520702
I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY KEL TEC
WHERE ARE THE RDBs
>>
>>30520834
Kel Tec fag again...if you went for the RDB-C you can skip the step of having someone make it legal. The model C is meant to be 50 state legal. George wants to start shipping 1000 RDBs a week once we fully roll it out. That's going to require a massive change to shop workload though so we'll see about that. I want mine in 300BLK but we can't even get them yet. The shooting team got theirs but the rest of us have to wait. I plan on pointing out the InRange video to engineering and trying to get a dust cover.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 480x480
>>30520843
>Small company
>big inventory
>high demand
>no desire to go public and expand

Pick four
>>
>>30520924
You guys are great. I am big fan of you KSG and hope this one works out for you too. I appreciate the info update.
>>
>>30520926
That fourth one will kill them
>>
>>30520924
The thing is, I want a regular 17" barreled RDB. It's too short for CA, but I've figured out how to modify it cosmetically so I can import it. The RDB-C is nice, but I no longer want to comply with California's gun laws.
>>
File: rdb prototype1454215159731.jpg (387 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
rdb prototype1454215159731.jpg
387 KB, 1200x800
>>30520924
Pls. plsssss. Time frame? At best / worst when do you think you guys can start cranking the RDB out?

I want to give you guys my money so bad. Pls. Plsss.
>>
>>30520926
You said it. But, being here on the inside I can tell you the problems were way deeper and worse than the obvious. ISO has helped fix some of the small stuff but the major changes will come with this E3 system we're putting in place that will do a better job of tracking production so that we can improve base numbers and finally shitcan the slackasses that aren't producing. We were a Mom & Pop shop that just got too popular and failed to make the changes needed to keep up. We also had shit quality control but the internet knew that. I hope the future is better for you guys.
>>
>>30520976
Really appreciate updating us on the situation. I never really paid attention to keltec until just recently and this kind of gives me a new appreciation of the company.
>>
>>30520976
Question:
Why does the RDB handguard look so awful. Who in the design team thought it was a good idea?
>>
>>30520953
I hope that's not the case. We have some amazing benefits here that we would never get with a publicly traded company. Also, Publix is not publicly traded and they're huge in the south. I just hope we can beat the odds and make it on our own.
>>
>>30520976
I'm getting the impression that there are employed family and family friends that are fucking up, selling unregistered firearms to their friends, and/or are getting paid to do nothing but make problems for everyone else to fix. Am I close?
>>
>>30521005
G A T O R G R I P
A
T
O
R

G
R
I
P
>>
>>30521005
That appears to be George's thing. It follows the pattern of most of our guns. I wish they would make it more like the Gen 2 Sub.
>>
>>30521034
Is it seriously a gatorgrip cause kel tec is a florida company? If so top kek.
>>
>>30520924
You said that last week, get on it.
>>
>>30521034
They should make a tiny roll mark of a little kid on them now.
>>
>>30521026
Never heard anything but rumors about one guy that was making unregistered AR frames. He has since moved on but no one ever nailed him with it. The second one is all too true. It's a close environment so there aren't alot of drama queens and trouble makers but the "do nothing" is nearly spot on. Even worse than the "do nothings" are the people wasting time and material making bad parts. Those people are running out of excuses as we keep putting new systems in place to deal with it. I know it seems ridiculous that it even happens but management is generally very cool and doesn't want to fire people so they get the benefit of the doubt. They blame it on training, tooling, measuring equipment, or the machines and up until now it was difficult to argue against the excuses. We're tightening up now and that shit won't fly anymore.
>>
>>30521095
It's actually comforting to know that there are actual internal problems that are being sorted out instead of just gross incompetence and ignorance. Makes me feel better about keltec as a company at least. I still won't buy any of your pistols (personal preference really), but maybe a rifle is in my future...

Also, good on you guys for moving to Torx, makes you look a lot more professional than fucking Phillips.
>>
>>30521266
>torx
Please no. Alan or bust.
>>
>>30520593
A few (less than 10) RDBs are on Gunbroker right now. Figure they're producing 2 a month and releasing them every 6 months.
>>
>>30521292
Those are all still from the first run of 200.
>>
File: 1454269752326.jpg (78 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1454269752326.jpg
78 KB, 550x550
>>30521284
Allen a screw stripping shit
>>
>>30521299
When you absolutely, positively have to destroy every bit you have, choose torx.
>>
>>30520684
>Getting excited over that pig disgusting laminate wood

You have atrocious taste>>30520684
>>
>>30521095
Will there ever be a .308 version of the RDB or will it just be improvements to the RFB?
>>
>>30521266
Phillips is best for ease of maintenance though
>>
>>30521332
Improvements to the RFB. The RDB will be in .223, 300BLK, 6.5 Grendel, and 9mm. We did fairly well at getting caught up on our KSG backorder and have shifted out primary focus to Gen 2 subs while we try to get the RDB ready to roll. We always try to maintain a backorder on our guns so that we don't have to lay people off. The guns with the largest backorder take priority. I have given up on the CMR. It has been so long since we ran any parts for it and I have no idea why it appears to be on the backburner. Pisses me off too because I put in for mine over a year ago when they had a signup sheet out for it and they must have just thrown it away because nobody got one.
>>
>>30521392
How can I give you my resume?
>>
>>30521428
He's just a line worker. Send it to George or the quote unquote hr department (read: Sally sitting in a cubicle made of plywood on the shop floor).
>>
File: 1413599319928.png (82 KB, 939x601) Image search: [Google]
1413599319928.png
82 KB, 939x601
>>30521392
>CMR
That one pisses me off. I would've bought that thing.
>>
>>30521345
No, phillips is best for self aligning for low cost or high speed manufacturing or construction, not for repeated disassembly/reassembly/maintenance.
>>
>>30521307
>Oy vey, bits are supposed to wear out. Just buy some more from us.
>>
>>30521297
No, they have the 1/7 twist. The original 200 have 1/9.
>>
>>30521448
You are correct. But Sally moved into an actual office in another building fortunately. The plywood box up on the mezzanine is now for "R&D". Which is just a place for the engineers to keep their toys. We also just recently got our first robot that can operate a machine. So we're all probably doomed unles we learn to program (CNC for the machines and whatever the hell they use to program Sawyer the Robot).
>>
>>30521500
This is fascinating.
>>
>>30521483
Oh, all I was seeing earlier today was 1/9.
>>
>>30521500
None of you guys know basic G&M code?

How the fuck did you get ISO certified?
>>
File: smug bongpepe.png (183 KB, 607x525) Image search: [Google]
smug bongpepe.png
183 KB, 607x525
>>30521731
They're actually ISO9660 certified: all their backups are on CD-RW.
>>
>>30521731
Operators and programmers are a different pay grade. The programmers will get to stay and the operators will all get replaced. There is no reason for there to be more than a handful of programmers per shift as it is. The bulk of the job is button pushing monkey work. Push the button, get the banana, and if it gets messed up or management want the machine to make different bananas then the programmers get involved. I currently do some programming but not enough to qualify me until one of the titled programmers vacates their position.
>>
>>30521745
>ISO9660
Wouldn't even be surprised. It'd explain a lot.

Fuck I just had my ISO audit for the year. Auditor grilled my entire lab on all sorts of pointless minutia. How the fuck can you have a CNC company where most people don't know basic G&M?
>>
>>30521793
It's simply a huge waste of money to have to pay a shift full of machinists/programmers in a production shop. Most of these machines have run the same part for years. They are refined to the point of literally push button and collect parts. So, you hire the bare minimum of person that can check those parts and pay them much less. Your setup guys and programmers handle any technical issues and new setups for parts. Best way to run if you have an experienced QC department and top tier programmers. We did not. That is being changed. Our programs frankly sucked ass. They used out of date tooling and were just not optimized for efficiency. One of our newer programmers is top tier and has made them see the light. Those issues are now being fixed. QC is getting more training and being held to a higher standard as well. Like I said before, Mom & Pop shop that got too popular and is now being dragged kicking and screaming into the light.
>>
>>30521874
What does the QC dept even actually do?
>>
I wish Kel Tec's RDB was good enough for consideration to be the next service rifle of the US military.
>>
>>30522197
It might be if they'd fix the mud issue. But then just about every modern rifle us but not worth phasing out the current inventory.
>>
>>30522216
A bullpup with a heavy high twist barrel, shooting heavier and hotter bullets, would be the best of both worlds.

small size and light weight like a M4.

able to reach out and touch someone like an AR10.
>>
>>30521874
Kel tec fag here as well. Been on for 4 months. What do you think of Kevin?
>>
File: robocop.webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
robocop.webm
3 MB, 600x338
>>30520702
>yeah and my dad works at Nintendo
When are you guys going to make the "Trayvon" commemorative PF9?
>>
>>30522240
Still not worth the expense.

Face it, the US military won't replace the M4 until phased plasma rifles are available.

And even then, the'll just get plasma uppers for the M4s so Colt can be necromantically kept afloat..
>>
>>30522174
Same as any other QC dept, I assume: take samples from each batch of item produced, test to see if they fit spec, and release or reject them. Other good things for them to be doing are maintaining the calibration of any instruments used, keeping track of any periodic maintenance program, and assisting production with investigations into any out of spec results. This does not make them immune to being sloppy or cutting corners themselves. It usually helps to have a QA dept above them that acts as a watchdog on QC and production to make sure all the rules are being followed. In regulated industries, QA are the ones held responsible for malfeasance, etc.
>>
>>30522296
What he speaks is the truth. Whether he actually works there or not.
>>
>>30522174
Okay Kevin...shouldn't you be ordering material or something and not shitposting on a Korean stick figure forum?

Seriously, I think the company outgrew him. He's really out there but he's also really good at keeping track of shit. It doesn't seem like it because he is way too overloaded. At 4 month you might only have a vague idea of how much Kel Tec has grown. It's just too much for one person to orchestrate.

I still remember when ol' Zim Zam came to visit the shop. But we'd like to avoid being at the center of a shitstorm as much as possible so the Trayvon Commemorative Edition is not on the production schedule.

The main problem with old Kel Tec and why it didn't seem that QC did anything is that we made too many custom guns. If we ran a bunch of parts that weren't to print but were too major to scrap then we would make them work. Either we made parts to match them being out of tolerance or we manually made them fit. QA is also perpetually under skilled. In a normal shop, it is where your senior operators/programmers go to retire. They get off of the floor but their skill and expertise would be put to work indentifying the out of spec parts and they would be able to help fix them. We, on the other hand, basically hire McDonalds employees and give them calipers. Anyone can see how this could be a problem. So engineering gets bogged down having to sort them out. Not a great way to do things.
>>
>>30522331
This man is correct. Our QA wasn't really held responsible for any issues though. It always fell back on the operators. QA was and is under qualified. Ideally they would also be real firearms fanatics and would know exactly how the part worked/fit into the gun so they could have some idea of what they were actually checking and why it mattered.
>>
>>30522457
>Okay Kevin...shouldn't you be ordering material or something and not shitposting on a Korean stick figure forum?
Kek that is ture

>that we made too many custom guns
Yeah I have heard about that when I started

>basically hire McDonalds employees and give them calipers
This is too true, there is no training program at all. I started and had no past experience in a machine shop. Where are the trainers? They just put you on a machine and if you fuck something up you get shit on like you should have known better. I keep my head down for the most part because it's better to not get attention.

Will there ever be a good training program?
>>
>>30520926
They want to expand, the company is just not willing to go into debt to expand which means it takes a bit longer. Nothing wrong with keeping a company the way you want it. They've carved out a niche and I'm confident they can keep it.
>>
>>30522539
Not exactly what I meant about responsible. For instance, if QA finds a problem, the person who made it (or their supervisor) fixes it to the satisfaction of QA and applicable regulations. It's not fun, and makes people dislike QA, but that's the way it is.

The QA responsibility thing is for when whatever regulatory body shows up and decides the facility has barely been paying lip service to the regs. Then their asses are the ones going down because they failed to establish the appropriate environment regarding regs.
>>
>>30522542
Can't say for sure. The new OINC form shit is supposed to fix that but they have this incredibly busted idea that having 2 people on a machine is a waste of money. They don't appreciate the value of solid training. Without experience you are prone to missing things, not tightening a jig properly, or any number of other small issues. It shouldn't be like it is but they just don't and never have valued training as much as they should. Join the apprenticeship program if you are planning to stay with this.
>>
>>30522718
>Join the apprenticeship program if you are planning to stay with this.
I was thinking about it. Do you think it's worth 4 years? I have no idea what I want to do as a career and already have an AS degree.
>>
>>30522749
I got through it. It's easy enough that doing it to get the certificate is worth it. If you apply yourself and actually learn some shit and "git gud" then you'll have opportunities elsewhere should you want them. SpaceX is supposed to be hiring a ton of people as they expand. The program is working with NASA currently so that might look good. There's also Knights Armaments. Good time and location to be an actual machinist/cnc programmer.

Actually glad to see that we hired a fellow /k/ommando. Good luck to you. Maybe one of these days I'll figure out who you are.
>>
>>30522809
I can tell you if you want. I really dont care.

G-1 3rd shift
>>
>>30522840
Oh, I also am the host of the space coast /k/ meets too. So if you want to go let me know.
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (303 KB, 1183x783) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
303 KB, 1183x783
It's now official - there will soon be a civilian, semi-auto version, you know.
>>
Has anyone stuck a can on one of the first batch RDBs? I really like how it's coming along, especially considering I haven't heard shit out of MDR. But I'm also getting into the NFA game so if I can set up a quiet RDB that might be a real winner.
>>
File: 1458765237057.png (3 MB, 2514x1950) Image search: [Google]
1458765237057.png
3 MB, 2514x1950
>>30522881
I am not ready.
>>
>>30520702
what should i do to get a m&p version of the sub2k as soon as they are released? can i order ahead of time? can you put me in touch with someone that can or can my normal gun dealer pre order one? i have some nfa funs so i'm used to wait times....
>>
>>30522988
See if your local FFL can preorder one. We don't do any sells except through out dealers that then sell them to other dealers. We should be shipping them afaik. They are doing 1k subs a week now and want to move it up to 2k.

G1 on 3rd shift. I'll keep my eye out. Would be definitely down for the Space Coast meet. Finding time to post on 1st shift while keeping my phone hidden. It helps pass the time. Really stupid of me though. All because some cunts couldn't stay off facebook and snapchat or were loading machines while watching movies. Pisses me off. There is no real different between me reading a magazine or shitposting on a taiwanese origami forum while my machine runs.
>>
File: SC-20k.jpg (281 KB, 1340x1074) Image search: [Google]
SC-20k.jpg
281 KB, 1340x1074
>>30520593
>tfw i lose my boat in a boating accident
>>
>>30523115
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVAWi6K0JzY
>>
>>30523069
>All because some cunts couldn't stay off facebook and snapchat or were loading machines while watching movies. Pisses me off. There is no real different between me reading a magazine or shitposting on a taiwanese origami forum while my machine runs.
I don't understand it either. It pisses me off as well. I just listen to gun podcasts all night long. It is more lax on 3rd shift because there aren't really any managers that look for that. Just everybody is in the bathroom 24/7 on their phones. This makes it even worse because now you're not even at your machine when it's running and if they are worried about machine crashes.
send me a message and ill put you on the mailing list when I set up a date.
[email protected]

oh btw hows the picnic thing? I've never been to one yet. I want to win that RDB tho
>>
File: 8928481251_a039094ab5_b.jpg (330 KB, 1024x748) Image search: [Google]
8928481251_a039094ab5_b.jpg
330 KB, 1024x748
>>30520593
Alternatively, the range of famas felin is 600 meters?
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>30520702
Get more factories
Make new tec 9
Hell, just make more guns
>>
>>30523214
It's cool. Bring your own beer though. The kegs get floated too fast. You have a good chance of winning. One of the guys on your shift won a KSG his first year there. I think it was Alex. It's better if you know a bunch of people so you can stay busy. If it's the same BBQ place catering as last year that was pretty good also.
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 1600x669) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 1600x669
>>30521299
>torx
>>
>>30523298
George is looking at having another building built. Apparently some issue acquiring the property. Not sure what is true or what is rumor. Would love to see a new Tec 9 or similar. I can tell you that we are finally working a prototype for a .45 ACP Sub. I saw the prints for the bolt and bolt head a couple of days ago. I heard we never made one before because George didn't like .45 but we have a newer engineer that has made the Sub his baby and is leading the project.
>>
>>30523316
Thanks for the heads up on the beer.

Swing by G-1 if you get there a early if you want. I'm the tall bearded friendly one.
>>
>>30520667
What's that rifle on the right?
>>
>>30523530
looks like 5.56 or 5.45 G3/PTR-91 with a collapsing stock.
>>
>>30523549
They made G3's in 5.45?
>>
>>30523599
I have no idea, I don't recognize the magazine, but its similar in manufacturing style and size to an AKM mag, so I'm just offering conjecture.
>>
>>30523599
Come on now. HK33
>>
>>30523409
RDB needs once refinement.

Quick takedown barrels like the AUG.

So you can exchange the barrel and change calibers easily.
>>
>>30523316
>>30523475
Gents,

Do either of you have any idea which distributor is getting shipped more RDB's? My FFL is pretty small so he can't get shit from RSR or Davidson's when it's on allocation, but I have a backorder in for one at Zanders.
Any hope of that getting filled? Or is Zanders just getting a handful?
>>
File: 556.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
556.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1728
>>30523599
>>30523615
I'm full of shit.
It's a hi res image and if you zoom way the fuck in on the red box you can read "Cal 5.56 MM"
>>
>>30523622
I'm a 7.62fag myself so I've never really looked into the 5.56 variants of my beloved battle rifles.
>>
WTF, are all Keltec employees shitposting here at this moment?
>>
File: 1_scar_bullpup_399259939673.jpg (104 KB, 1280x601) Image search: [Google]
1_scar_bullpup_399259939673.jpg
104 KB, 1280x601
>>30523649
>>
>>30523759
where's the charging handle?
>>
>>30522891
They suppress very well, especially thanks to the downward ejection.
>>
>>30523779
Other side
>>
>>30523742
>WTF, are all Keltec employees shitposting here at this moment?

I guess that would explain why they have a perpetual fucking backorder.
>>
File: C93_Hensoldt2.jpg (99 KB, 416x914) Image search: [Google]
C93_Hensoldt2.jpg
99 KB, 416x914
>>30523641
>>30523530
>>30523549
>>30523599
Century Arms C93. It's okay, but not incredibly special. I might end up selling it to build and AR-15. Maybe. At least it isn't a dud, though.
>>
>>30523628
Plus make one really fucking weird one that takes something other than .308. An RDB in 54r or 8mm Mauser would be hilarious.
>>
>>30523630
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with our distribution network. Even so we are shipping so few right now it's nearly impossible to get one from an FFL. I've heard some conspiracy talk that with unicorn guns like these, when they get to the distributor they aren't making it to FFLs and if they do they go to the dealer that can overpay and overcharge. Word is that most of the ones you see on various auction sites never made it to a dealer in the first place.
>>
>>30523874
I remember a keltec employee posting pictures of PF9 slides in the CNC while answering questions about how he wormed his way into the job with no experience a few years ago.
>>
>>30523742
The beauty of CNC my friend. It runs and does it's thing and I just babysit. Make sure tools aren't broken, it doesn't crash, and the tools are still good enough to make parts in tolerance. So for most of my shift I am just chillin.
>>
>>30523932
Sounds like most of us here. The issues truly are with the programming. The programs suck. Most of us just collect the banana. If the machine isn't set up to crank out a lot of bananas or management is unaware of how many bananas are needed and thus don't have enough machines making them, it's a problem above our pay grade. They are fixing those issues currently.
>>
>>30523932
Many people get in with no experience. I did.
>>
>>30523958
>>30523959
At least you guy work the CNC and dont slave away in the assembly sweatshops. Im sure assembling the same damn handgun model 100 times a day gets really fucking tiring.
>>
>>30523959
>>30523958
Is George and Chad as cool in real life as they are in the shot/youtube footage? they seem like pretty cool dudes.
>>
>>30524045
Yea they are. As a boss/owner I've never dealt with one as down to earth as George. He's a fuckin ninja tho. He can be up on you ass without a sounds or you seeing him coming. But he generally doesn't care too much as long as the machine is running. He's not a huge pain in the ass that would make you do busy work like sweeping and shit over and over all day while the machine runs.
>>
File: hs_vhs-630x320.jpg (51 KB, 630x320) Image search: [Google]
hs_vhs-630x320.jpg
51 KB, 630x320
>>
>>30523926
Well, I can confirm that's how I got my RFB I was just hoping it wasn't going to be the case with the RDB.

With the RFB, I waited and waited and waited and years passed and it was still the shit-show it still is now. So I finally bid on one on Gunbroker right when the tan colored ones were released and got a less-rapey price on it because people didn't know it wasn't a factory color.
The FFL I bought it from was a pawn shop in AZ and was real chummy with one of the sales reps at Davidson's. So the Davidson's guy would send him any RFB's he had to allocate and they'd dump it on gun broker and split the profit 50/50.

A total shit show, honestly. You guys should just hire 2-3 guys to dump them all on gunbroker and raise the capital to expand production with the increased margin instead of just letting it go to shit in the crony distributor bullshit world like the rest of your products.
>>
>>30520684
they literally never will

t. someone who asked them about it during the NRA meeting
>>
File: aug1.jpg (906 KB, 1494x2656) Image search: [Google]
aug1.jpg
906 KB, 1494x2656
>>30520593
I wanted an RDB but they didn't exist outside of youtube and kel-tec's website so I bought an AUG instead. It's wonderful.
>>
>>30525875
>tfw want one but don't want to drop 2k+ on one
>>
>>30524431
I dont know what that is but my desire to shoot a Helghast rifle makes my dick hard
>>
>>30525900
>tfw I spent $2400 on the one with the 3x scope new from the factory.
>tfw just spent another $2000 on stupidly expensive AR parts

If I didn't have a good job guns would have bankrupted me by now.
>>
>>30526523
Sad thing is I could easily afford it but I've been splurging on other shit way too much lately, putting off vanity purchases for two months until I pay off my credit card.
>>
File: IMG_0735[1].jpg (37 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0735[1].jpg
37 KB, 240x200
>>30520718
i could get on board with that, especially if I could swap out the stock with a "regular" pistol grip stock.
>>
>>30522174
I can tell you what they don't do: stop metal parts that are going to explode from ending up on my SU-16.
>>
File: hicock45.gif (246 KB, 384x400) Image search: [Google]
hicock45.gif
246 KB, 384x400
>>30520702
>making parts
>for the 300BLK and 9mm versions
>300BLK

I consent to this.
>>
>>30524045
I was actually interviewed last year at the NRA convention by the guys at the booth. All of them were cool, had no problem giving us free stuff, plus some t-shirts that nobody else seemed to get. Didn't see George this year, though.
>>
New production FS2000s when?
>>
File: 1398808918.jpg (77 KB, 800x505) Image search: [Google]
1398808918.jpg
77 KB, 800x505
MSBS ever going to be a thing?
>>
I'm considering getting an AUG for a funtime all-around gun.

Is it worth dropping 2 grand for one? Bullpups give me a hardon.
>>
File: IMG_20150710_191303.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150710_191303.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>30531952
Id sell everybody i know to be able to have one again
>>
>>30531991
so beautiful.
I'm pretty sure that gun right there is exactly what credit cards are for.
>>
>>30531991
>Can't find an A3
>don't want disgusting fixed grip that folds up to burn the shit out of your hand
X95 and F2000 for me then i guess
thanks steyr
>>
>>30531851
Never
>>
>>30520924
>InRange
Please do, I think additional dust covers/sealing of the action will take care of the only major flaw in the design.
>>
>>30522881
If some glorious bastard could figure out a way to marry the DesertTech forward ejection port to a Radom in 6.5 Grendel, I could die happy.
>>
>>30532868
For what purpose?
It's already straightforward enough to rebarrel the DT to whatever you want. SAC makes non-factory chambering conversions for the SRS, among others.
>>
>>30532970
I like the ability of the Radom to switch between a full-length rifle and a bullpup, and the forward-eject of the DT is such a cool bit of engineering. Having both features on the same rifle soothes my autism, I guess.
>>
>>30522881
Still sticking with my AUG.
>>
>>30531952
>AUG
Yes. I love my A3. Get a turned-down charging handle and a QD sling attachment point take-down button if you're into that. Let the trigger break in before you do something expensive, there's nothing wrong with the stock trigger, they just feel kinda sticky at first. You'll love it.
>>
>>30532660
Aug z a3 is equal to the aug a3 , you wont find the A3 if you aren't allowed to own full auto weps, this in my pic is the aug a1 (stg77 a1) from my army time so full auto capable. this link shows it in euros but i doubt that you can't either import or oder the a3 in the us http://www.waffenschumacher.com/shop_106_aug-z-buechsen_.htm
Also it's a good grip, nothing will burn your hand if you aren't a full retard, we had quite alot of guys shooting it only with folded grip
>>
>>30520926
>>no desire to go public and expand
>he wants to lose company to jews
>>
>>30532660
Meh also forgot the link to the Z A3, which usually doesn't have the grip, except if it's the Z A3 SE, here is the version without the grip tho https://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/nocache/produkte/sportwaffen/augz/ausfuehrungen10/
>>
>>30523115
nice tactical reading light
>>
>>30520667
>American Juden
>hate guns
>vote Democrat
>hate America

>Isrealis
>make guns
>combat mussies at their border
>allied with America
>>
>>30520702
How hard do i have to throw my wallet at you people to put your guns in shops near me?
>>
>>30533023
Hey, I get that. I wish DT had done a downward ejection to sooth my autism. In fact that's pretty much the only thing I'd change. I think it looks sexy as fuck, I like the features it offers... but I wish it were downward ejecting.

I've decided to design my own even if I never produce it, just to show people what would appease my autism.
>>
File: side-logo.png (49 KB, 200x205) Image search: [Google]
side-logo.png
49 KB, 200x205
>>30521034
Keltec calls it gator grip too? I thought that was Apex Machining's trademark.
>>
What is the general opinion of a RFB? Nutnfancy review it is pretty good.
>>
>>30534670
My RFB has been solid.
So has my KSG, and my P32.

But my wifes PMR-30...worked fine for the first couple hundred rounds, started having problems. Sent it back twice so far, still doesn't fucking work reliably.
>>
Any news on the MSBS or radom factory in TX?
>>
>>30521299
>all these hk tier proprietary meme screws when any single one of the half dozen conventional designs would have been adequate
>>
File: 25423086013_29da38c1d1_z.jpg (64 KB, 640x394) Image search: [Google]
25423086013_29da38c1d1_z.jpg
64 KB, 640x394
Insert jew meme about IWI SAR Tavor "here"
>>
>>30534670
My RFB is solid as well.

The main thing is finding one particular load, dialing in the gas system per the owner's manual, and sticking to that load with that rifle.

It's also relatively sensitive to beat up old FAL mags that wouldn't hiccup in a good FAL.

Past that, though, I'm very happy with it.
>>
>>30534670
Nutnfancy is a shill.
Just for the sake of learning...
Research the hell out of the Steyr AUG, or buy one and use it for a while. Then watch his AUG review and tell me he's not a shill.
After that video, I won't take anything he says seriously.

That being said, I hear a lot of good about Kel-Tecs bullpups. I
>>
pre-ordered my MDR in 556 back in January, still patiently waiting for it.
>>
File: IMG_20160701_162748.jpg (2 MB, 2983x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_162748.jpg
2 MB, 2983x1836
>>30535310
I'm an AUG owner and I think his criticisms are valid. Nutn is not a shill simply by the virtue that no one pays him. He definitely "shills" the stuff that meet his autistic standards, no one would really dispute that, but he is
>doing it for free
>>
I've heard that that the gas system in the RFB is choosy as hell. L

Good advice though about picking a load and sticking with it.
>>
>>30536813
He isn't doing it for free, he gets a bit of money from YouTube. Always being overly positive isn't shilling but it certainly helps with getting companies to send you thing to test, which in turn gets you more YouTube dollars.
>>
>>30536889
Fair point. I meant solely money from the companies relevant to the review
>>
So in you guys' collective opinion, is the AUG the finest 5.56 bullpup around? I've never had a bullpup, but that one was always my childhood dream and the more I see it the more I feel like I need one.
>>
>>30537035
It really depends on what you want. The AUG has it's own share of problems, but it is a pretty solid gun. Just remember the following when you go to shop for bullpups
>1 The time for cheap guns has left you my son welcome to price town
>2 They will not be perfect out of the box
>3 People will be jealous
>4 Bullpups make excellent sleep aids.
>>
>>30534970
>jew gun has a kickstand
>>
>>30534389
overyourhead.jpg
It's because both companies are fucking jew shits, one metaphorically, the other literally.
>>
>>30520702
I was a huge fan of keltec, until my p11 started breaking slide stops left and right. Which sucked but was easy enough to fix. However, trying to deal with your shitty Customer service about my cracked slide on my P3AT for 2 years now and their refusal to replace it under warranty. Now I really don't care if it gets fixed or not. I just will never buy any of your products again. As will I discourage anyone from buying from KelTec. You guys had a loyal Customer who was going to buy several other of your firearms, but after how I was treated, I want nothing that your company makes.
>>
>>30537596
Quit cracking slides, faggot.
>>
>>30537640
Quit using poor materials. A slide should not crack after less that 2500 rounds of UMC, PMC, Federal, and a few boxes of critical defense.
>>
File: b0b.gif (1 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
b0b.gif
1 MB, 720x405
>>30537640
>slide stops
>reading comprehension
>>
>>30536813
Bullshit.
>accuracy is not passable by his standards
>Tavor accuracy is passable, though
>AUG TOO HEAVY
>Tavor is not
>his Tavor weighs more on his scale
>jams constantly
>that whiny neeeeeaaahhh noise throughout the entire video as he admits that the mags are great and the aftermarket is better than expected
>says barrel is not free-floated so the accuracy will suffer
>rests the rifle directly on the end of the barrel during accuracy testing
>constant thumbs-downs indicating bad accuracy
>Steyr should listen to it's customers and use a muzzle brake instead of the tulip flash hider
>after years of customers begging for the tulip flash hider to return

I'm still waiting for a jam or a group over 2 MOA. 1.5 MOA 10-shot groups are to be expected with PMC from my rifle. 1MOA 5-shot groups are doable with PMC.
MAYBE he got a bad rifle, but he should give Steyr the benefit of the doubt, like he did with Kel-Tec before giving a rave review.

The stock charging handle is irritating, though.
>>
>>30537035
No, the Fs2000 is. The AUG is a close 2nd.
>>
>>30536866
Not as much as people say. Stick to +26 or so, and you'll be fine with most loads. Obviously changing from 220 VDLs to 130grs yeah you're gonna need to fuck with it a little. But for most 'milspec' loads you don't need to fuck with it.
>>
>>30520924
Do you know if you guys have any plans on bringing them to canada? And at reasonable prices?

I know you're not jesus just wonder if you heard any hear-say
>>
>>30521299
Can an engineer explain if there is any reason to have anything other than a phillips or one of the easily tightened ones?

I can understand wanting it for better torsion when tightening, but are the rest just jewing people out of easy repairs?
>>
>>30538534
>Can an engineer explain if there is any reason to have anything other than a phillips or one of the easily tightened ones

A Phillips can easily strip out if the screw is shitty [spoiler] most are [/spoiler]. An Allen it god tier and should be no argument.
>>
>>30539377
Torx is better
>>
>>30539431
NO
>>
>>30520593
>Are AUGs affordable yet
Nigga they're like $1400. If you think that's not affordable you need to rethink your decisions in life
>>
>>30539509
The fuck are you finding a $1400 AUG?
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 800x550
>>30523115
Did they ever sell this optic? And was it interchangable with the Picatinny rail?
>I'm super jelly, Anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>Tfw want a QBZ so bad, but fucking import restrictions prevent it
WHY
>>
>>30539755

Come to Canada, /k/omrade.
Pretty sure Type 97 (QBZ) will be my next purchase.
>>
File: Scout01.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Scout01.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>30520593
Fuck, you reminded me that I want an AUG to go with my Scout and M9-A1.
>>
>>30521299
>tri-wing
>pozidriv
>supadriv
>bristol
>torq-set
JUST
>>
>>30541408

Dont do it m8
They're shit
>>
File: 1467718948426.jpg (27 KB, 489x499) Image search: [Google]
1467718948426.jpg
27 KB, 489x499
Saw an RDB at a new local gun store today. They're asking $1600 for it though
>>
>>30523290
with the old F1 bullet it was but now with new ammo it's more around 540(pretty munch the max range at witch the optic is mend to be used)
>>
>>30542010
They're decent. Not as high-quality as a Tavor, but a third of the price.
>>
>>30539717
Why would you want that? It is just a basic as fuck scope that is covered by a fuckhuge plastic tube.
>>
>>30545298

If you're willing to put up with picky mag compatibility, a god awful mag release, no bolt release, and a safety in such a bad place that you'll never use it.
You might get lucky and not have to polish the feed ramps.
Not to mention if you want a decent way to mount optics you'll need to blow another $350 for the FTU, and to correct the safety you'll need to spend $400. After all said and done, you're in Tavor territory price range but still stuck with poor mag options, crap mag release and still no bolt release
Too much wrong with the rifle to consider it imo
I doubt anyone would want it if it wasnt NR
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.