[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would deleting a pistol grip, installing a fixed magazine, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10
File: MonsterManGrip.jpg (69 KB, 920x643) Image search: [Google]
MonsterManGrip.jpg
69 KB, 920x643
Would deleting a pistol grip, installing a fixed magazine, and having a fixed stock on an AR15 potentially avoid california's crazy new gun laws?
>>
Only temporarily.

They'd simply decry your compliant rifle as a loophole and then go after that next.
>>
>>30519615
If my fictional character for a fiction book I'm writing was in your situation he would hide his rifle under the floor boards or under insilation and not worry about the laws.
>>
>>30519629
They can't go into any further detail with the laws without banning 100% of riffles.
>>
>>30519615
if you delet the pistol grip, install a fixed stock, and replace the flash hider with a compensator or muzzle brake, you can keep the regular magazine release.

You only have to fix the magazine if you want pistol grip, flash hider, collapsible stock, etc.
>>
>>30519648
I don't see the problem here
>t. Feinstein
>>
>>30519615
>obeying illegal, unconstitutional laws

Don't. Comply.
>>
>>30519615
You need to castrate yourself as well

SRS to female will be required in 5 years
>>
>>30519615
What's the fucking point? The AR becomes basically useless at that point, might as well just get an SKS or lever/bolt/pump action rifle that either takes stripper clips or accepts a 5 round magazine.
>>
>>30519615
dont

>>30519675
this
>>
>>30519643
Hello there my fellow fan-fic writer
>>
>>30519675
my father who lives in Cali wants an Ar15.
but all these fucking laws are putting a dampener on that.
>>
>>30519747
>buy 80% lower at gun show
>you buy PSA premium rifle kit
>visit him
>totally don't take him a ton of mags

You know what to do anon. A PSA rifle kit is like $550, a 80% lower is like $50 and find a place to mill it

But totes don't do that cuz he's a good law abiding citizen :^)
>>
>>30519652
What exactly does the t. In he signature refer to?
>>
>>30519643
>>30519719
What an odd coincidence, I myself am in the middle of writing fictional stories involving maritime acccidents
>>
>>30519615
>Would deleting a pistol grip, installing a fixed magazine, and having a fixed stock on an AR15 potentially avoid california's crazy new gun laws?
No because the people pushing these gun laws don't want any guns to exist, period. It's simply a slow erosion of rights because when they attempted an outright ban during the 90s, it was met with too much blowback that it became counterproductive to their goals.
>>
>>30519769
Was it direct or delayed blowback?
>>
>>30519759
Tyrannosaurus?
>>
>>30519756
the rangers in his area check guns when you use them at the local river gun range.
that's the issue

they tried to arrest me for a M1 garand once because they thought i was using armor piercing rounds.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
>>30519773
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>30519782
Where the hell does he live?
>>
>>30519759
It's "regards" in finnish.
>>
>>30519789
san jacinto california
for some reason the rangers are stupid strict.

One dude tried to say the aftermarket exhaust on my truck was gonna start a wildfire.
>there is nothing but dirt everywhere
fuck those guys
>>
>>30519802
Fuck this state
>>
If you have a featureless rifle you can actually have a detachable magazine.

So if you don't have a pistol grip, adjustable stock, flash hider, or bayonet lug you can use detachable magazines.
>>
>>30519615
You only need to fix the magazine OR remove the evil features. You can do both if you have an actual cuckold fetish and like to watch your gun get fucked for no reason. Just get a Bullet Button Reloaded.
>>
>>30519832
>>30519835
Or DONT. COMPLY.

please you guys. We can't give in.
>>
>>30519802
Maybe tell him not to take it to that range...
I've gone to exactly 3 ranges in the past 10 years.
1) LGS has a pistol only range, and they make you buy their reloaded ammo
2) Skeet/Trap range on the nearby AFB
3) Range in Vegas to shoot a 5 round burst AR
Whenever I want to go shooting I just go out in the desert hills maybe 10-15 min from my house and have fun.
>>
>>30519845
Well yeah don't comply, but sometimes it's nice to have a legal configuration that you can use legally behind enemy lines.

t. guy who owned unregistered ARs in CA for five years before leaving
>>
File: A-Raifu.jpg (117 KB, 1334x1000) Image search: [Google]
A-Raifu.jpg
117 KB, 1334x1000
>>30519615
Gun Shop Cuckifornian here.
As far as I know, unless the DOJ says otherwise, adding a grip that cannot be classified as a pistol grip will allow you to use normal everything on your rifle since it's a non-pistol gripped centerfire rifle now.
But it's only a matter of time before the shit heads in Sac classify those as assault features too.

Starting Jan 1st, the ARs we sell will have to have permanently affixed magazines that cannot be removed without disassembling the action.

Fuck those laws and fuck the registration bit too. If you want me to register my firearm in your shitty little database, at least pay me. No way in fuck is anyone actually going to do this.
>>
>>30519845
Why aren't you in your containment thread?

Also, save your fucking breath. Californians are helpless.
>>
>>30519847
Also, I built my rifle with a bullet button, and I will continue putting bullet buttons on the next couple rifles I'll be building. That's as far as I'm going to go. Im not gonna comply with the new shit.
>>
http://youtu.be/XedaFH6pC1o
Don't worry about it familia.
>>
>>30519845
I don't live in California.
>>
>>30519851
I want to leave too

>>30519854
Shut the fuck up. I refuse to give in

>>30519862
Oh. Good
>>
>>30519835
Bullet Button Reloaded is an interesting mod
it didn't take em long to avoid the new laws.
>>
>>30519870
>I want to leave too
do it
i moved from SOCAL a year ago.
best choice i've ever made.
>>
>>30519792
Why are we signing in finish on 4chan?
>>
>>30519853
You forgot flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and adjustable stocks. You can't have any of those either. Better just to fix the magazine with something easily removable like the 2nd gen bullet button so you don't have to give up ergos and shit.
>>
>>30519871
Probably had it ready to go for a while, unveiled it literally the day the laws got signed.

>>30519877
Spurdo
>>
>>30519643
>>30519719
>>30519767
Which one of you is a law enforcement officer?
>>
>>30519643
If my fictional character had a fictional rifle he'd keep the original parts hidden instead of the whole rifle.

Fictionally.
>>
>>30519978
You are
>>
>>30519701
The function doesn't change at all.
>>
This company already came out with a device that avoids this law. It makes it a bitch to even use, you have to separate the upper and lower just to reload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XedaFH6pC1o

Assume the registration period already passed. Anyone in their right mind wouldn't register their shit; you're on a list and can never transfer the weapon or pass it down to your kids. If you just store your ARs in your safe with the upper and lower separated, does the law still apply to you?
>>
>>30520080
>you're on a list and can never transfer the weapon or pass it down to your kids.
move out of california.
>>
>>30519615
Disguise it as a MAS 49/56.
>>
>>30519802
Sounds like corruption there buddy. They just wanna fine you unlike the cops I know over here.
>>
Take your ARs, loaded, to the state house and have a little chat with these idiots.
>>
>>30519877
fugg :D:D
>>
>>30519643
>>30519719
>>30519767
>>30520026
this sounds like the /k/ version of Anne Frank. Which one of you is a rifle fucker?
>>
>>30519615
what happened in California?
>>
>>30520260

We do this every year in VA, it's called Open Carry Day at the Capitol.

Our flag also has tits and a tyrant getting killed.
>>
>>30520329
>Implying all of us aren't rifle fuckers
>>
>>30519877
It's a meme we picked up after a finnish guy did it like a retard, thinking this is ISNT an anoonymous image board
>>
>>30519853
>No way in fuck is anyone actually going to do this.
did you forget where you live?
>>
>>30520062
>installing a fixed magazine
Yes it does.
>>
>>30519675
I'm curious if anyone in CA has been busted solely on a violation of their dumb gun control laws, and not just been a dindu who had shit tacked on to increase their sentence after the cops inspected their gat?

Does anyone know?
>>
NY here. Most of my state is non-compliant as fuck.
>>
>>30519773
Roller-delayed.
Bakers' lobby liked packing heat too much...
>>
>>30519648
>They can't go into any further detail with the laws without banning 100% of riffles.

>this goy doesn't think that's the goal all along

"We need to ban semi-automatic rifles! Oh, and anything with a magazine that holds more than three bullets! Oh, and bullets! But we're not interested in banning all guns anymore! Trust us, goy!" (((Feinstein)))
>>
File: consider-the-following.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
Since detachable 30 round magazines make it so much easier to kill lots of people in a mass shooting, would you guys be more likely to support a detachable mag ban coupled with a magazine limit?

I'm saying throw away the rest of the retarded "salt weapons" bullshit that california has convinced itself is dangerous and go right for the things that make ARs and AK stye weapons such an attractive and effective choice for mass shooters; capacity and reload ability.

I feel like this would not infringe on your rights that much (heck, there are a lot of ranges in the US that don't let you load more than 10 rounds at a time anyway) and would also deflate the massive gun control boner that the libs have.

I know that handguns are more deadly but that's just because of blacks and no one actually cares about them (especially not dems), so those can stay.

Also, you get to keep all of your mags and weapons you own now, but cannot sell them. Passing them down is OK.

My proposed law just makes ARs and AKs less attractive and effective choices for mass shooters.

What do you think /k/?
>>
>>30522704
S H A L L

N O T

B E

I N F R I N G E D
>>
>>30519615
what is that abortion?
>>
>>30519675
buy lower, order parts online. easy.
>>
>>30522704
Get fucked, commie. I have the right to belt-fed weapons and 75 round drum mags and it SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
>>
>>30522704
>won't infringe on your rights
>as much

Fuck off
>>
So how is the state of California going to know if I put a bullet button reloaded on my rifle or kept it with the bullet button? I'm failing to see how they're going to enforce these laws
>>
>>30519853
>ARs we sell will have to have permanently affixed magazines that cannot be removed without disassembling the action

So how do you load it? Lock the bolt to the rear and feed rounds one by one through the ejection port?
>>
>>30522704
Go get murdered
>>
>>30522835
Pop rear takedown pin, open upper off lower, feed lower like it's a fucked up SKS bastard child or change the magazine, close upper, replace rear takedown pin.
>>
What does this law mean for bullpups? You can't reload a Tavor with a stripper clip.
>>
>>30523318
Anon, Tavor is kill...I'm sorry...
>>
>>30519615
Eurocuck here, read some if the laws and what the fuck? Why ban 30-round mags? You can literally make them with 3 10-round mags.

And what's the thing with stocks and pistol grips? Is the logic: if you can't hold the gun you can't shoot it?
>>
File: 1464289088025.jpg (560 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
1464289088025.jpg
560 KB, 1000x1502
>>30522704
>>
>>30522704
>this would not infringe on your rights that much
What part of
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
do you not understand?
>>
File: 745.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
745.png
211 KB, 327x316
>land of the free
>>
>>30519615
If you're actually going to comply with the unconstitutional laws, they made a new version of the bullet button that gets around the ban.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/07/06/california-gun-laws-patriot-mag-release/

Libshits rekt. Rest of the country amused that the libshits are rekt and amused and saddened that Californians are such cucks.
>>
>>30519615
Yes, you can do a featureless build.
Or you can reg it as an AW and from what I can gather take the BB off.
>>30519648
>Implying they wouldn't do that if they could.
>>30519701
Not really, lacking a pistol grip makes it awkward to use but it still works the same.
>>30519782
Wow you found the one LEO who actually cares. That sucks.
>Implying AP is illegal.
>Ranger dipshit.
>>30522704
It's already illegal to have a rifle with a fixed magazine over 10rds in CA, unless it's a tube-fed .22
>>
File: 1404120490700.jpg (80 KB, 1140x475) Image search: [Google]
1404120490700.jpg
80 KB, 1140x475
FREEdom
>>
>>30522754
>>30522782
>>30522790
>>30523921

Yes but all of the rights in the bill of rights (as well as the rest of the amendments) are infringed upon to some degree in order to protect the rest of society.

Can't yell fire in a crowded theater or make death threats, even though this infringes on your 1st amendment rights.

Can't buy beer when you're 10 years old, even though this infringes on your 21st amendment rights.

A police officer can check a suspect for weapons without probable cause or a warrant (only reasonable suspicion) even though this infringes on your 4th amendment rights.

>>30523975
>It's already illegal to have a rifle with a fixed magazine over 10rds in CA, unless it's a tube-fed .22

And all my proposal would do is ban all detachable semi auto rifle mags. You can still own and operate an AR or AK in whatever configuration of options for target/hunting/self defense as you wish. You're capacity is just limited and you cannot remove the mag. And of course you keep the guns you have now.

I think if the dems just went for that, instead of all this bullshit salt weapon feature banning they would look more legitimate and have a better argument.

I'm not saying they are correct, i'm just saying that such a law would defuse any further arguments for more gun control since they could feel like scary salt weapons are finally banned. Plus, when these laws do nothing to make the country safer, the opposition can point to yet another example of gun control not working.

The law would not seriously harm any /k/alifornia /k/ommandoes because they either have salt weapons already that they can keep + all their 30 round mags. In addition, they can buy an AK or AR of any variation if they want to, just with a fixed mag of less than 11 rounds of capacity.
>>
>>30522704
Should the police also be limited to 30 rounds and fixed mags, or do they have a special need to "kill lots of people really quickly"?
>>
>>30524075

I think the police should be limited in the same way yes.
>>
>>30524040
>Can't yell fire in a crowded theater
Argument first used in a case law that sent a man to jail for handing out anti-war pamphlets to draftees in protest of government propaganda. Pretty much contravening the whole point of the first amendment, so I love it when statists use this to make "reasonable compromise" because it really tips their hand to what they really want. Death threats constitute assault so they're not protected speech, but that would be analogous to brandishing being illegal. Hardly the same as neutering the people's rifles for "safety".

>Can't buy beer when you're 10 years old, even though this infringes on your 21st amendment rights.
You don't know what the 21st amendment says if you think it's an individual right to alcohol. Literally just hands regulation down to the state level. The federal government couldn't even mandate a 21 drinking age, they had to leverage highway funding to get states to do it.

>I think if the dems just went for that, instead of all this bullshit salt weapon feature banning they would look more legitimate and have a better argument.

I respect where you're coming from somewhat, but even that "reasonable compromise" is a major, major defeat for gun rights. Ask any cop if he'd give up detachable mags, or feel like they weren't necessary for officer safety. Plus, anti-gunners want you to only be able to own a single shot .22 for hunting provided you get a license and a psych eval. Brady Campaign staffers have admitted as much on record.

>Plus, when these laws do nothing to make the country safer, the opposition can point to yet another example of gun control not working.
All they do is double down. If they ban semi-auto and it doesn't stop anything they'll call pump-action a loophole.
>>
>>30519629
>inb4 bolt-action loophole

THIS LOOPHOLE ALLOWS A SHOOTER TO KILL AGAIN IN LESS THAN 2 SECONDS
>>
>>30522704
You just showed your ignorance.
>>
Considering all these limits on random features, what would a completely stock "CA compliant" rifle look like?

Like an SKS or something?
>>
>>30523956
>>30524022
B-BUT MUH FREEDOMS
>>
File: 1465281605821.jpg (282 KB, 1306x894) Image search: [Google]
1465281605821.jpg
282 KB, 1306x894
>>30524040
I will accept no such restrictions

Get fucked. The rifles you are trying to ban account for a small percentage of gun crime. If you actually cared about safety then you would suggest banning pistols since most crime is committed with them.
>>
jesus fucking christ that op pic looks terrible
>>
>>30519615
Fixed stock, no pistol grip, no vertical grips, muzzle brake instead of flash hider, and you can put a real mag release on it
>>
>>30519789
Not near San Diego cops high five me on my illegal shit
>>
>>30520260
Honestly op if you got a thousand gun owners to do this at the state capital it would be interesting.

>then they follow you home and three months start vanning people
>>
>>30524040
>hurr you can't scream into someone's ear
>see i just restricted your 1st amendment rights
>>
>>30519756
This.

All I'm waiting in is my drill set and I'll get my drillin' on.

>tfw I got 30 rd mags thanks to my time in the muhreens
>just need to buy ammo
>options on what I want to build will be endless with the drill set
>thinking about making an AR-10 next with wooden furniture for the lulz
>>
>>30525209
San Diego is based as fuck for funs because of the large percentage of former and current military who live here. But honestly we're an island of cool in a sea of shit.

>>30525372
Know any good places that have a good price on drill and end mill kits or any sets you would recommend.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.