[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got this Russian AK 47 sling for christmas by a friend of mine.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I got this Russian AK 47 sling for christmas by a friend of mine. but it is packed with grease, oil and dirt. What do you guys use to clean it without harming the sling too much with rough chemicals?
>>
i ran my yugo sling threw the washer and dry and it came out just fine maybe spray some stain remover on it before washing it if you can.
>>
>>28323779
If you run it in a washer remember to run it by its self or your gonna ruin your clothes.
Soak it in white vinger , rinse, dish soap, rinse, vinger, rinse.
Air dry
>>
>>28323974
>>28323924
Thanks for advice. Im saving money for an AK so once i get it i will put the sling on it as the first thing.

ive put it in a basket with hot wather and clothes-wash soap. gonna brush it with a fine haired brush after its softened up a while. is the vinegar for removing rust?

pic related: my Hunting rifle with the sling installed. its a Danish Otterup M/69 in 6.5x55 with a shortened barrel and a Leupold scope. its on the heavy side but its amazingly accurate
>>
>>28323779
I'll tell you what I used in the army and when I was cleaning my east german pouches.

Get hot water and put a hefty amount of 409, laundry detergent, dish soap, hot water, and put your soiled articles in the sink (or tub if you doing a lot/big items). Let it stew for a while adding hot water and stirring occasionally. Rub the material against itself after a few hours and then go onto brushing it with a toothbrush or stiff nylon brush available at autozone. Letting it stew does a lot of the work for you. I've had some of my army gear and some of the worse german pouches take an entire day of stewing and maybe 10 minutes for each article to come out looking good.

It looks like that sling material is still in good structural condition so it should be able to come out looking fairly nice.
>>
>>28323779
Whatever you clean it with, go to Tandy and get some Lexol for it afterwards or it'll be a brittle piece of shit.
>>
>>28323779
Ballistol
>>
>>28326091
I'm an idiot I thought it was leather, just soap and water will be good, I like to use laundry detergent

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Friendly-Products-Detergent-100-Ounce/dp/B004OUTAFI
>>
I dunno about your military tier 'merica size washers, but a regular washer would have some troubles handling a sling with metal bits. Just hand wash it, it's not rocket science.

The anon that suggested vinegar is probably on the right track, you could try multiple washes with water and vinegar, then with soap to get the last grime out and get rid of the vinegar smell.
>>
>>28326084
The hell is Tandy?
>>
>>28326084
That's not leather.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.