[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Custom Pepper Spray
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: poison-ivy.jpg (36 KB, 450x322) Image search: [Google]
poison-ivy.jpg
36 KB, 450x322
So I've been reading about how to make your own pepper spray for reasons and I was wondering if anyone else has had success? I mainly want to do it so I can include a couple.. ingredients that are special. Chiefly, urushiol. I found a way to extract it from poison ivy using ethanol (which is also the base of many peppersprays). So, I would infuse a basic pepper spray mix of ethanol, capsasin, and propylene glycol with the urushiol.

See, some pepper sprays have dye added to make the subject identifiable, but this would be more of an extra 'fuck you' for the person sprayed that will last a few weeks.

Thoughts?
>>
>>30513023
anyone?
>>
Or you could put some hot sauce in a squirt gun for less than half the time and money.
>>
>>30514492
But I want them to suffer for a few weeks. And what is expensive? You can make a bottle of pepperspray for like $2 and to extract urushiol you just need a few ounces of everclear and poison ivy....
>>
>>30513023
so, when poison ivy gets on your skin, it takes a couple days for rash to develop. not sure how fast it would work if inhaled but that is a pretty good way to kill someone with your home made super power non lethal defense.
>>
>>30514601
>Suffer for a few weeks
Get a gun. That or put acid in a compatible plastic squirt gun and squirt them with that. It'll melt their face and leave permanent life-time scars.

Or, here's an idea. Don't be a fucking dipshit and get normal ass pepper spray. A couple hours is suffering enough, let the prison system and Jamal's dick be their extended suffering.
>>
>>30514601
>But I want them to suffer for a few weeks
This is the part that sends your dumb ass to jail too.
>>
>>30513023
This could kill or disfigure someone in a truly horrific way if it was delivered in sufficient concentrations, ingested, or inhaled. Further, the inflammation of mucus membranes from the other ingredients combined with the alcohol base would cause deeper penetration and spreading of the urushiol.

You should just use fucking mustard gas, it's probably more humane.
>>
FURFU, OP. Asthmatics will die from inhaling smoke from posion oak. Can't imagine what capsasin + refined urushiol would do to tyrone.
>>
>>30516304
>acid
What about the fun kind?

>guy kicks down door
>pull out super soaker full of LSD
>spray his face with it
>profit???
>>
>>30516257
It would still take a few days, its just an oil that causes irritation and many people are allergic to. In fact is way back when it was used as a solvent in the far east.

>>30516304
No its not, if you mug or try to rape someone, you deserve to suffer.

>>30516418
How? You really think a prosecutor would charge you for giving your attacker a rash?

>>30516595
Muggers and rapists do not deserve humanity.
>>
>>30517452
>Muggers and rapists do not deserve humanity.

Do you really think being judge jury and executioner is going to go well for you in court?
At no time does personal defense involve making someone suffer a few weeks later you edgy little shit.
>>
>>30517685
It's not my fault if they suffer as a result of me defending myself. If you shoot someone in self defense and they end up paralyzed for life, it's not your fault, just as if you hit a bystander by accident, the mugger/rapist is the one that gets charged with murder.
>>
>>30517739
If you think a jury or judge will see it that way more power to you. As someone who happens to be suffering from a poison oak rash right now I strongly encourage you to go fuck around with some.
>>
>>30517809
I live in the fucking woods I get poison ivy pretty much every summer, and it's not up to the judge or jury, its up to the prosecutor and in a SYG state, you won't get charged in the first place.
>>
>>30517452
>How? You really think a prosecutor would charge you for giving your attacker a rash?

First of all, you're purifying the shit out of it. Second of all, the minute it comes out that you had intent to injure beyond self-defense, THAT'S what gets your ass in trouble.

So, yeah, be careful about what the fuck you post and say to people if you're actually going to do this. On top of that, while you're getting the urushiol, it becomes way, way more potent.

This is the kind of thing you need to ask a lawyer about, dickbag.

But I promise you, making some powerful ass permanent injury pepper spray with the the intent to provoke someone into attacking you (shut the fuck up, we know you're going to do it, you just want to injure someone, and it's really easy when all you have to do is look at Jamal wrong) IS going to get your ass in trouble.

Consult your state laws, there's probably a fed law somewhere too, but mostly, CALL A GODDAMN LAWYER.
>>
>>30517916
>But I promise you, making some powerful ass permanent injury pepper spray with the the intent to provoke someone into attacking you (shut the fuck up, we know you're going to do it, you just want to injure someone, and it's really easy when all you have to do is look at Jamal wrong) IS going to get your ass in trouble.
What? I don't want to hurt anyone.
>>
>>30513023
Wow. So you gave Jamal a rash before he shoots yours ass? Way to defend yourself.

...still seems like a fun idea. I say go for it anyways.
>>
>>30517958
Right. Next time you get an idea from Reddit, keep it there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/myevilplan/comments/19e98p/pepper_spray_just_isnt_good_enough_for_me/

Have fun with that super potent splash back that IS going to happen.

Confirmed for never using pepper spray, even if it wasn't in a self defense situation.

Also you might wanna check on things like.. what the CDC defines as 'poison'. Castor beans aren't illegal until you make ricin with them. I'm just saying, TALK TO YOUR GODDAMN LAWYER *FIRST*.
>>
I've seen some bad ideas that had good starts, and then every once in awhile I see shit like this, that's just a bad idea all around.

Get bear spray or something. Fucking around with this shit is going to get you hurt/arrested. I don't think you can conceptualize how incredibly potent this shit is when it is refined.
Somewhere along the lines of 10x CS gas. Considering one of the problems with CS gas is trouble breathing, I have a hard time believing you're not either going to fuck yourself up, or someone else up, beyond repair.

You're just a dumbass, OP.
>>
>>30517997
I actually didnt get it from that post. I was reading a thread on /r/all about how to prevent the rash after contacting poison ivy and I got to thinking.

There is no federal, or state law in the US regulating urushiol.

As for splashback, this is a very good point, I could always go with a stream style dispenser (not aerosolized, think more of silly string).
>>
Why not just use really stong lye
Fuck their eyeballs
>>
> OP encounters a wild rapist
> OP uses Ivy Spray
> It's not very effective...
> Gets raped anyway
> By a person now dripping poison ivy oils everywhere

Maybe you can share a room at the hospital.
>>
>>30518077
I don't understand what you don't understand about how much a legal gray area this is?

One twenty minute phone call with a lawyer would clear your shit up.

Just be safe, sounds like you're going to do it no matter what you hear in this thread. Just remember in three weeks when you come back with some story about you blinded yourself for three days to a week with burning skin and burning eyes that we gave you multiple better, safer, solutions. Also remember that when it gets in your nose, it is going to burn the shit out of your nose like a motherfucker, and who knows if you'll get your sense of smell back, or your full eyesight back. Have fun not being able to see at night/in bright light. Bear mace, or even oven cleaner with lye in it is going to be safer than this shit.
>>
Here OP. If you don't understand this, don't attempt it. This is chemistry-tier shit here, and fucking up means REALLY fucking up bad.

The method of preparation of urushiol from poison Patented June 25, 1974 ivy or poison oak in accordance with the present invention in general employs a sequence of steps which includes an initial extraction with an alcohol, such as ethyl alcohol, followed by a chilling and concentration of the alcoholic extract prior to transfer of the active components into benzene. The urushiol product is then isolated by means of chromatographic separation, and further purification may be accomplished by either of two methods, depending upon the scale of operation. Thus, in preparing 500 milligrams or less of pure urushiol, a purification procedure of preparative thin layer chromatography is recommended. To prepare larger amounts, such as one to two grams of pure urushiol, a second column chromatography on a silicic acid composition is recommended. In the method of the present invention, low temperatures are employed throughout, thus minimizing the use of elevated temperatures to avoid side reactions that structurally alter the urushiol components. In the initial extraction with alcohol, for example, the method of the present invention employs low temperature extraction at about 4 C. Also the use of benzene as the second extractant allows the use of a lower temperature in this step since benzene is more volatile than extractants such as xylene and thus may be removed at lower temperatures. The use of benzene is also advantageous in that the two phase aqueous alcohol-benzene system separates more rapidly and effectively than previous systems including components such as xylene. An additional feature of the method of the present invention is the use of pure nitrogen in all operations to avoid aerobic oxidation.
>>
File: 1456431234241.gif (44 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1456431234241.gif
44 KB, 444x444
>>30518524
>The use of benzene is also advantageous

Why are the most helpful chemicals often so damn dangerous? Hell, I can't make LSD without toxic mold and carcinogens
>>
>>30518595
It's not even the benzene. You think OP has a gas chromatograph with a headspace sampler? You think he has the ability to get ethanol to hold at 39F long enough to start the reaction? Using what, his freezer, and then just hoping its the right temp and he can do it fast enough before it warms up and fucks his shit up?

OP literally has no idea what he's getting into, both legally and scientifically. This isn't growing shrooms in your basement, or making some cheap-o homemade explosives on the stove.

This is legit, college level chemistry, that requires equipment.
Also man, the precursors for LSD are damn near impossible to find, on every watch list to boot, and not even including the fact that you need almost an entire fully functioning lab to make it. Unless you have some high level connections with a research company/college willing to put their ass on the line for you (they won't) you're going to have an extremely difficult time with it.
>>
>>30518595
In the 19th and early 20th centuries, benzene was used as an after-shave lotion because of its pleasant smell. Prior to the 1920s, benzene was frequently used as an industrial solvent, especially for degreasing metal. As its toxicity became obvious, benzene was supplanted by other solvents, especially toluene (methylbenzene), which has similar physical properties but is not as carcinogenic.

And we used to smear this shit on our face.
>>
File: 1462611021393.jpg (135 KB, 1600x1177) Image search: [Google]
1462611021393.jpg
135 KB, 1600x1177
>OP comes in with interesting and entertaining concept
>buzzkill squad arrives on perimeter
>engages in nay-saying thread
Wow guys great job, I'm really glad you were able to shutdown OP with questioning the legality of the subject and that classic
>just use a gun
post. It really makes for a fun time.
I for one find the idea of fucking with home made pepperspray to be an entertaining idea. On the idea of post spraying effect, I wonder if adding some kind of concentrated nicotine will leave the spay-ee with a craving for getting pepper sprayed afterwords.
>>
>>30518635
>you need almost an entire fully functioning lab to make it

You need almost an entire lab that's *also* a dark room, because stupid goddamn ergot can't handle a little light. It degrades the LSD too.

>Unless you have some high level connections with a research company/college

I've got the next best thing.

Mexico.

I do have a few connections here in the US, but I have no idea where they get their materials. I'm pretty sure at least one of them is just pulling LSA out of morning glory seeds, which is a whole new pain in the ass because MG seeds tend to be coated in toxins because apparently that's better than just letting people eat them and get high, not that they're all that great for it anyways. IIRC that requires methanol, which (I'm sure you know) is also some nasty shit.

>>30518735
People used to do all sorts of crazy shit with unhealthy stuff. Romans mixed lead in with their sugar, supposedly it made it sweeter but I find that hard to swallow.
>>
>>30518749
See
>>30518635
>>30518524
>>30518495

This is about safety. It's not that we want to ruin OP's fun, it's that we want to stop him from fucking himself or someone else up with a serious, permanent injury, or just fucking himself up trying to make the shit to begin with.

It's not an easy thing to do at all. He could have picked literally anything else. There's a reason we use Capsaicin, it's relatively stable and not dangerous to work with until we make it that way.

This other shit, urushiol, is tens of times more powerful and exceedingly difficult to extract correctly, purely enough, and enough quantities to even put it in pepper spray. You need several pieces of equipment, as well as several precursors which aren't going to be easy to find, and several hours reasonably difficult chemistry (especially to someone with no background in it).
>>
>>30518780
Why the fuck are you guys talking about making LSD? Just get 1P-LSD.
>>
>>30518780
Yeah I know, but each time I hear about it still throws me off a bit. I know they didn't know until later.
>>
>>30518818
>taking research chemicals that are yes, structurally very similar to LSD, but have extremely unknown long term effects, an unknown LD50 (cant assume that it's like actual LSD, because we literally know nothing about this fucking chem)
>taking a chem that's been studied and used 1000s of times by many many people smarter than some tards on a mongolian carpet weaving board

I dunno man, I think I'll stick with just ordering my shit through Agora.
>>
>>30518846
1P-LSD literally feels the exact same as LSD-25. I have had close to 30 LSD trips and 1P is not only similar, it is better in the come up. Whatever, have fun with your legal risks, I'll stick to medical risks.
>>
>>30518749
>I for one find the idea of fucking with home made pepperspray to be an entertaining idea. On the idea of post spraying effect, I wonder if adding some kind of concentrated nicotine will leave the spay-ee with a craving for getting pepper sprayed afterwords.
It's funny because Nicotine is actually quite strong, available and not too unlikely to give the person enough of a buzz to be disoriented on top of in pain.

Maybe some other Nightshade alcaloid would be a decent addition as well.
>>
>>30513023
dumb idea
you've never sprayed pepper spray before have you? ....It's a SPRAY! you can get yourself easy if you are in an enclosed area, not to mention some people have high resistance to complete immunity to urushiol (like myself)
>tldr dumb idea
>>
>>30518854
I'd rather go to jail for a year or two than find out later on that this shit gives you some kinda fucked up neo nazi alien cancer.

Youre basing your decision off that fact they're chemically similar, even though there are tens, if not hundreds of chems that are structurally similar and have completely different side effects or main effects

Why do you think we have so many -codone variants, and that's just ONE.
>>
>>30518854
>The toxicity and long-term health effects of recreational 1P-LSD use do not seem to have been studied in any scientific context and the exact toxic dose is unknown. This is because 1P-LSD is a research chemical with very little history of human usage. Anecdotal evidence from people within the psychonaut community who have tried 1P-LSD suggests that there are no negative health effects attributed to simply trying the drug by itself at low to moderate doses and using it very sparingly (but nothing can be completely guaranteed). Independent research should always be done to ensure that a combination of two or more substances is safe before consumption. It is strongly recommended that one use harm reduction practices when using this drug.

You might get lucky, might not. I'm a little smarter than you in the sense that I'm not going to put some strange as chem in my body because "its just like that one maaan, i swear"
>>
>>30518819
>I know they didn't know until later.

Yeah, it's easy to forget that you/other people didn't know a certain thing at a certain time. There's a term for that tendency but I can't remember what it is.

It's still odd to think that at some point in history people didn't know that shitting in your drinking water was bad for you.

>>30518818
Meh, if I didn't make it I could get the real deal for cheap anyways so I don't really see any reason to stray. Sometimes I'll do 'shrooms but that always sucks a little since you have to do them on an empty stomach.
>>
>>30518956
Heh, here we are having a conversation about chems that turned out to dangerous as shit later after everyone thought they were fine, and then there's this guy. >>30518854

Maybe he won't make a mistake with THIS drug, but judging by his attitude, he might make it on the next one, and I hope it ends up in liver/kidney failure, a heart attack, respiratory depression leading to suffocation. Literally pick one.
>>
>>30518809
Ye I get that the technical aspects of the idea are going to be a stretch but my main gripe is that we seem to forget that part of these threads is to come up with fun and ludicrous concepts then figuring out a feasible and/or legal method of making these things happen. Recently /k/ has seemed devoid of this sort of momentary suspense of disbelief and has been chock full of nothing but cold calculation... then again I might just be some faggot anon whose just not channeling the autism right.
>>
>>30518956
I don't believe for a second that you are making real, actual LSD. Maybe LSA, or another derivative. If you're claiming you're making actual LSD, let's see your lab setup. Let's see if you can give me a rundown of the setup you need within the next five minutes (should be really easy, LSD is complex to make correctly. if you have the knowledge to make it you should be able to list the equipment no problem)
If it takes you any longer than five minutes you're googling.

So you know of one property of ergot. And for that matter, anyone who's ever done LSD and many who haven't know that the shit is sensitive to light.
>>
>>30518984
It's not that, it's just that this is one of those ideas where there isn't any way you can spin it to make it not seriously fucking stupid. I applaud /k/ for being able to tell the difference between dangerous fun, and dangerous actual danger of fucking someone up permanently.
>>
Use the gympie gympie plant and pray there's no headwind
>>
>>30519002
To add to this, OP's post clearly stated he had serious intentions to try this shit, so we, as a board (one of the few that cares about harm reduction, it's a weapons board after all) had to seriously tell him how bad of an idea it was.

/b/ would have applauded him and given him ways to do it where he just would have hurt himself. Maybe we should have helped him hurt himself, so he doesn't do it to anyone else?
>>
>>30518996
>I don't believe for a second that you are making real, actual LSD.

Because technically I'm not. I'm one of several, and I will freely admit that I'm not the chemistry buff. Largely I just drive and handle various necessary tasks because I don't need constant supervision. I thought about making this clear in my earlier post but I assumed nobody would be a twat about it.
>>
>>30519034
Yeah sorry to come off like a dick, but as someone with an actual degree in organic chemistry, I find it hard not to put people down sometimes, especially retards like OP.

I know what a pain it is to make the shit, and the hoops you have to jump through, so I was a little put off when you said you can make it but you didn't bother to tell OP why all he would do is fuck his own shit up.
>>
>>30519067
Don't sweat it Anon, I'm sure I probably came off as some kind of Wikipedia cool guy because I only know the bare minimum about this stuff but talk about making it.
>>
>>30519019
I suppose you are right, however I stand that if we kept this thread as strictly hypothetical it could make decent subject for future threads.
>>
Is it possible to diy a pepperspray? I mean one driven by compressed air, like the regular ones are?
>>
>>30518749
you must be at least 18 years of age to use 4chan
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.