[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did modern urban combat tactics like stacking up, Room Clearing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Room clearing tactics.jpg (27 KB, 587x423) Image search: [Google]
Room clearing tactics.jpg
27 KB, 587x423
Did modern urban combat tactics like stacking up, Room Clearing & the meme "slicing the pie" exist in WWI and WWII?
>>
>>30512897
>modern tactics
>wwi
Digging trenches is modern as fuck.
>>
>>30512897
slicing the pie is a meme? is everything a meme now?

am i a meme?
>>
>>30512897
no reason to clear a room when you can shoot through the walls or level the building
>>
>>30512897
Urban combat tactics don't factor when you just demolish all the houses.
>>
>>30512897
>the meme "slicing the pie"

We've taken this meme thing too far.
>>
>>30513718
>is everything a meme now?
yes

>am i a meme?
no
>>
>>30513745

But they found out even back then that "lel just demolish the buildings they use for cover" just means you're making more cover for them
>>
>>30512897
Not so much AFAIK. Found this page, which is interesting reading.

http://efour4ever.com/street_fighting.htm
>>
>>30512897

They are modern tactics for today's combat. For example stacks wouldn't have worked in WWII since they require modern body armour to be actually effective. Modern standard issue weapons are also more suitable for confined spaces and urban environments than those issued in WWI / WWII.
>>
>>30512897
WWI did not even have modern army techniques and mainly consisted of hiding in trenches and waiting each other out.

WWII was an all out shitfest where the best way to fight the enemy was to throw young men at them repeatedly until either side gave up.

Why use room clearing or anything like that when you can just bomb the building into dust? It's not like your soldiers are hard to train or are very valuable.
>>
>>30512897
That's a subtle loss edit, I'll give you that OP

To answer your question, no. Fuck memes.
>>
>>30513748
The "all memes are false" meme is false.
>>
>>30515067
This.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 587x223) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 587x223
>>30512897
What stops this?
>>
>>30515214
Surprise, speed, flash-bangs.
>>
>>30515214
the grenade they tossed in first, if they knew stickman was there or could be there
>>
>>30512897
Sort of. Red army had specific squads of submachine-gun troops made specifically for house fighting, and it was a rule to throw a grenade into a room before going in.
>>
>>30515214
Both 1 and 2 are supposed to enter exactly on queue, so if an enemy tried to shoot 1 he'd instantly get capped by 2 on the way in. Normally flash bangs are also utilized to stop the enemy so 1 and 2 can enter without harm.

Essentially 2 is going to be nearly resting his rifle on the shoulder of 1. If the doorway is larger both of them will enter exactly at once.
>>
>>30513718
Fuck off Milhouse
>>
File: 1467746389087.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1467746389087.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>30512897
Judging from this picture, all I have to do to beat a breaching team is stay in the top left corner, relative to the door of entry?

I mean that's the last place they sweep, so If I just sit there and mag dump into the door frame when the boys roll in, I win.

I can also shoot through the wall to the right of the door, which is where everyone stacks up.
>>
>>30515252
Sweeps are supposed to be insanely fast. 2 seconds at the most and you're on all corners, it's quite quick.

Plus, the expectation is that the enemy will magdump so

>flashbang
>HE
>element of surprise and speed
all help. The moment that door opens you fuck up everything inside, and the reason you don't get fucked up on your way in is how the fuck are you gonna know where they are stacked up? Let's say there's no windows, and they move in silently.

You can't tell where they stack up unless they are fucking retards doing the breaching, considering the army though, they probably are. And if you realize a squad is about to breach your room, you might want to just move somewhere else.
>>
>>30515170
in seriousnes though, how do you guys pronounce it? Is it meeem or mi mi? I think I've been sayingit wrong
>>
>>30515645
meme = "meem"
like gene = "jeen"
>>
>>30515645

'meem', rhymes with team
>>
>>30515241
>flashbangs
Please leave talk about room clearing procedures to people who's experience does not solely rely on Modern Warfare 2 and Youtube.
>>
>>30515954
thinking the same thing. lol flashbangs. Saw maybe like 4 of those things in total in 4 years. You get frags tho depending on ROEs
>>
>>30515645
it's commonly rhymed with "team" in english, but it's correctly the latin long e (http://www.luc.edu/faculty/jlong1/L101pron.htm long interrogative eh, close to American long a as in "they")
so it's actually "mehy mehy" or "may may"

even though this gets used as a joke
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.