[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /k/ recommend milsurp websites? The shops in my city are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
Does /k/ recommend milsurp websites? The shops in my city are a little lacking in clothing and boots.
>>
Here's something you need to understand, milsurp boots are the worst thing you could do to your feet. If there's one thing you need to really invest in, it's footwear. Look into quality boots actually designed to take the stress of being in the bush for months at a time. Scarpa is my favorite, I've had the same pair for 14 years and worn them on multiple 30+ day backcountry trips all over North America.
>>
File: grapefruit-whole.png (106 KB, 300x253) Image search: [Google]
grapefruit-whole.png
106 KB, 300x253
>>30512888
Hes right, 100%. Do NOT get surplus boots, I wore them when I was younger and I was fine, I tried some on a few years ago and felt it for days after walking down the aisle for 5 minutes.

For surplus clothing just google it, what do you want? For instance I wanted an M65 jacket, the local surp store didn't have any, so I googled "m65 jacket" and found one I wanted. Unless you just want to look, in which case I would recommend just googling surplus clothing in general. Can't go wrong with checking ebay and craigslist for deals.

https://kommandostore.com/
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/department/military-surplus?d=122
https://www.midwayusa.com/military-surplus-clothing/br?cid=23345
http://www.armysurplusworld.com/display.asp?DepartmentID=79

Just shop around and ask here or in one of the many gear queer threads about price. Some people will try to gouge you with the pricing, and unless you know how much it's worth you might get gipped.
>>
File: 1353016320766.png (10 KB, 172x189) Image search: [Google]
1353016320766.png
10 KB, 172x189
>>30512799
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/ for sure ystä- I mean friend
>>
>>30512888
>>30513134
I typically don't wear surplus boots out and about. I like having a pair of combats for wearing to shows and things. I own a separate pair of new hiking boots for general wear.
I'm aware there are tons of surplus sites on the web, so that's why I was curious if there were any you all found particularly noteworthy for price, selection, reliability, etc.
>>
>>30512799
Tulsa, OK?
Pretty sure I've been to that one.
>>
>>30512888
Scarpa. nice shit bro.
>>
I have found that the surplus store now just seems to buy stuff online and mark it up. It is sad, I remember pawing though their shelves as a kid and seeing wondrous things. Now, I just see overpriced crap.

The really old shady type mil surplus stores all closed. Now there is just 1 "family friendly" one left.
>>
I need to get my hands on a CADPAT bush cap but can't for the life of me find one and my on base QM is a joke. Where can I get one?
>>
>>30512888
Hey man, jungle boots are the tits

They seem to be running out everywhere though, especially since I have a common size(I wear 7.5's)
>>
>>30512799
www.militaryclothing.com has some really good deals on stuff quite frequently
>>
File: 1463206862223.gif (355 KB, 540x543) Image search: [Google]
1463206862223.gif
355 KB, 540x543
Norfolk, VA has good surplus... but you can't beat Ebay
>>
File: purse-drawing-4.gif (988 KB, 245x215) Image search: [Google]
purse-drawing-4.gif
988 KB, 245x215
>>30513931
>7.5
>Common

In men's?
>>
>>30513966
Yup, peoples feet were seemingly smaller back then. In 5 years I've only managed to find one pair in that size.
>>
>>30513992
That's because 7.5 is a Manlet size. My wife has bigger feet and she's 110lbs.
>>
File: kys.jpg (26 KB, 470x334) Image search: [Google]
kys.jpg
26 KB, 470x334
>>30513966
>7.5
>Common
>Mfw I wore 10.5 Mens E at 15
>>
>>30514025
>>30514031
regardless of the manlet status of my feet, finding jungle boots in my size is really hard is all i'm saying
>>
File: 1456247056448.jpg (20 KB, 280x278) Image search: [Google]
1456247056448.jpg
20 KB, 280x278
Anyone know where to get smaller sizes in general? I'm a men's small and always have trouble trying to get my hands on milsurp stuff because most of it seems to be sized medium to XXL.

>tfw manlet
>>
>>30513966
Boot sizes are not always the same as shoe sizes. My military boot size was 9 1/2W when I joined the Army (2003) but my shoe size is 11 1/2. Military boots pretty much go along with shoe sizes now though.
>>
>>30512799
I've worn military boot/tactical boots for the last 20 years and the only thing I get come uniform purchase time is Danners now. Had a pair of goretex danners in the Army in Bosnia in '95. They were over a hundred back then and worth every penny. Every other boot is crappier in terms of a price/comfort/durability ratio.

Fuck surplus boots. A huge amount, especially jungle boots, are Chinese knocks off that explode at the seams with any serious use.
>>
>>30512799
That milsurp guy who went to Nuggetfest Winterfest was pretty cool/ I forget the name of hos store but he dragged a lot of product innawoods for us and that carries a lot of weight from where I'M sitting.

There was even a bunch of OC made about one of his mannequins...GORY GORY WHAT A HELL OF A WAY TO DIE.
>>
>>30517847
His name is Sully, not sure if that helps anyone from PA.
>>
>>30518059
>>30517847
Unauthorized advertising is a bannable offense.

Take it back to containment.
>>
>>30513891
Nowhere legally, only place you're getting a good quality not beaten up faded one for a shit ton of money is from your QM.
>>
>>30512799

I wear soviet surplus boots, and use a mosin pouch as a wallet on my belt.
>>
>>30518059
Resident milsurp thread fag here, his shop is closing. Just can't pay the bills.

If any of you lot ARE interested in getting stuff from him, now is the time to do it.
>>
>>30518106
Why don't you come suck my dick faggot.
I mentioned a member if the board who dragged a thousand pound of shit deep innawoods for other /k/omrades to buy and you act like I;m some kind of shill. You can suck my nutz they're so fresh. You fucking little bitch.
>>
>>30518161
>Resident milsurp thread fag here, his shop is closing. Just can't pay the bills.
That's a shame, he seemed like a reasonable businessman.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.