[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do sigs shoot so fucking low?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: chesapeake-bay-retriever-l.jpg (145 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
chesapeake-bay-retriever-l.jpg
145 KB, 1200x800
why do sigs shoot so fucking low?
>>
>>30511846
muh bore axis
>>
>>30511846
relax your shoulders and stop leaning forward
>>
cause you are using the wrong sight picture
>>
>>30511846
HIgh bore axis
>>
>>30511854
>>30511869
>>30511864
noguns here
explain how he is looking at the sights wrong please
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>30511921
>>
>>30511921
Some guns are designed with a"target" sight picture in mind. You would place the intended point of aim at the tip of the front sight. Many modern handguns are designed with a "combat" sight picture. For these sights, you cover the intended point of impact with the front sight post.
>>
>>30511864
I line the top of the rear and front sights up and focus in on the front sight.

I do this with my G21 and it is spot on...

is it the same as shooting M4 iron sights?

granted I havent used iron sights on an m4 since basic, but I remember focusing solely on the front sight and everything else being a blur
>>
>>30511944
Let me correct myself. I should say that the sights are designed in such ways. Factory Glock sights are another example of "combat" sight picture.
>>
>>30511944
>You would place the intended point of aim at the tip of the front sight.
That's not a target sight picture. 6 o'clock hold is a target sight picture.
>For these sights, you cover the intended point of impact with the front sight post.
H&K is the only company that ships factory guns and sights with this sight picture in mind.
>>
>>30511958
But if you're supposed to place the tip on the target, why not make the front sight a triangle instead of a square? That would at least give you some indication.
>>
>>30511979
Wait, you don't line up the sights with the target?
You line up the tip, with most pistols?
>>
>>30511846
you're probably flinching
>>
>>30511954
The sight picture taught in the US for rifle irons places the point of aim at the tip of the front sight.

On many handguns, the POA is at the center of your front sight's making.

It sounds like your sight picture is fine, but where you are holding your POA may need to be tweaked slightly.
>>
>>30511979
>H&K is the only company that ships factory guns and sights with this sight picture in mind.
And I find that a much better way to aim. I shoot my USP better than any other handgun. I wish more companies would catch on
>>
>>30511992
It depends on the sights.
A lot of competition pistol sights are set up so you line up the sights and hold them just below your intended point of impact. It's meant to give you a clearer view of your target and for follow up shots on other targets.
It's not as popular anymore.

Most pistol sights are meant to be lined up and placed on the target on the tip/blade.

A few manufacturers use "shoot the dot" where you line up the sights and your point of aim/impact is the center of the front sight post, so your target is covered by the front sight. This is most common with factory 3 dot/NS options, H&K does it for all of their pistols since the USP. Glock I might actually be wrong, they may also do it too, but nobody serious shoots stock Glock sights and the last time I shot stock glock sights was when I bought my G19 and I swapped them out after like a month.
>>
>>30512004
so I should be aiming center mass with the center of the front sight's dot. is that what you are saying? essentially covering the target?
>>
>>30512044
No, you should be figuring out how your sights are set up to be shot.

Go to the range and see if your gun is set up for a 6 o'clock hold, tip of the blade, or shoot the dot type sights.
If you suck at shooting and can't figure it out, contact SIG and ask them or have someone competent shoot it and figure it out for you.
>>
>>30512044
Try it and see if it helps.

If your front sight has a circle in/on it, put that in what you want hit and see how you do.
>>
>>30512028
So what makes glock sights so bad that no one serious uses them?
Also would an H&K pistol be the best option for me? I have small hands
>>
>>30512065
>So what makes glock sights so bad that no one serious uses them?
They're made out of plastic.
>Also would an H&K pistol be the best option for me?
Buy whatever you like, feels good to hold, is suitable for your uses, and that you can afford.
H&K, Glock, and S&W all make good guns.
>>
>>30512065
>what makes glock sights so bad
They're plastic and pretty basic, I've been using the stock sights with the rear blacked out on my G21 for 8 years though.
>>
>>30512044
He's saying you should read your owner's manual which should describe the correct way to use your sights, with accompanying pictures.
>>
File: sightimages.jpg (12 KB, 453x221) Image search: [Google]
sightimages.jpg
12 KB, 453x221
Use #2 or #3 with a rest and slow fire. Use whichever seems to shoot to your point of aim.
>>
File: MASAKA.gif (1007 KB, 273x429) Image search: [Google]
MASAKA.gif
1007 KB, 273x429
How are you gonna get a sight picture when you're that slow?
>>
>>30512126
Thanks for posting that picture. That is much clearer than my fumbling attempts to explain.

>playing with my kids in the yard
>posting on /k/
>my priories are wrong
>>
>>30512153
NANI?!
>>
>>30512153
"I guess I've have to use... that."
>>
File: 1413335453330.gif (305 KB, 800x709) Image search: [Google]
1413335453330.gif
305 KB, 800x709
>create sight picture
>this is rolling up
what do?
>>
>>30512206
you run like hell unless your tom hanks
>>
File: 1419492676134.gif (3 MB, 520x292) Image search: [Google]
1419492676134.gif
3 MB, 520x292
>>30512199
DUBBUSU?!1!
>>
>>30511864
>>30511921
This, MOST sigs are combat sight picture. Glocks and I think most pistols are poi = poa. Cowboy sharp shooter guns are 6 o'clock hold.

So it's not that sigs shoot low, it's that you probably have a model that expects you to hold the front post covering the bullseye.
>>
>>30511846
Maybe you are inept.
>>
>>30511983
So your front siht don't break or get mishappen
>>
>>30511979
FNP/X/S also
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.