[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Germanon here Ive been thinking about emigrating to the US,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 30
File: image.png (461 KB, 2000x1237) Image search: [Google]
image.png
461 KB, 2000x1237
Germanon here

Ive been thinking about emigrating to the US, but im completely unsure which regions would fit well. The reason on why I post it here because im into guns and into innawoods stuff. From what I've read Alaska, Wyoming, Washington and Arizona seem decent, especially because I like mountainous terrain and/or hot and/or humid climate. Obviously good gun laws are also essential imo.

Any /k/ommandos have stories or suggestions for me?
>>
>>30508422
Get a dart and a map

Wherever the dart lands you have to move to
>>
>>30508422
What's your trade?
>>
>>30508422
Avoid the NE quadrant of the map.

Avoid California.

Avoid Texas (not completely terrible for guns, just overall a shitty state).

NW and SE states are the best ones.
>>
>>30508442
Different Kraut here (its noon over here), I teach highschool, maths and cs. No CC at work for me I guess?
>>
>>30508442
CS, software development
>>
>>30508462
Depends on the state if it's legal or not. You will be fired if found out though pretty much across the board.
>>
>>30508464
that's WA
>>
File: Space_Camp.jpg (198 KB, 1973x1429) Image search: [Google]
Space_Camp.jpg
198 KB, 1973x1429
>>30508422
If it helps Verner Von Braun insisted that NASA Marshal Space Flight Center be built in Huntsville Alabama because it reminded him of where he grew up in Germany. Gun laws are great here and manufacturers are moving here in droves. Avoid Birmingham, though. It's Dindu City.
>>
>>30508471
Huh? Why, if its legal? [spoiler]Do you guys not have employee protection laws?[/spoiler]
>>
Other non-German anon here, got space for a watchmaker?
>>
>>30508495
>watchmaker
bergjude detected
>>
>>30508495
There is a no shit high end watch maker in detroit.
>>
>>30508472
isn't WA a blue state though? Also, how many /k/ommandos do we have there to oper8 with?

A general question: Is it legal to oper8 in national parks, national forests, protected wilderness or anything similar?>>30508478
>>
>>30508491
>employee protection laws
You can't be fired for age, race, religion, or disability. There's no requirement for paid maternity leave, and you'll receive significantly less vacation time than you do now.
>>
quoted this >>30508478 by accident
>>
>>30508509
American politics is more complicated than that, Washington loves guns although about 40% of it's population lives on the western coastal side, where they tend to be more liberal. State preemption on gun laws prohibits Seattle from banning guns.
>>
>>30508422
Eastern Oklahoma and western Arkansas.
>>
Some day, I'll be an American too.
>>
>>30508529
This man is right.
>>
>>30508422
>Arizona
Only humid some days during the monsoon which goes from June to September. Last week it was humid. The week before that it was 120 degrees F and %5 humidity. Basically we have 3 months of intermittent strong thunderstorms and 9 months of cloudless dryness.
>>
>>30508478
His name is Wernher and where he grow up isnĀ“t Germany any more.
>>
>>30508491
Companies can set their own rules for grounds for termination -- the only things they can't touch usually pertain to race, religion, gender. Weapons are almost always prohibited. By taking a job that prohibits carrying you "agree" not to while at work.

If you violate this, while you cannot be charged for a crime since it's not illegal, they can fire you as it's against company policy.

I'm actually not certain if they can prohibit it in a public school since it's state owned... but even then, if parents shit their pants when they think you're teaching communism by talking about Russia during WWII or that you're trying to convert their kid to Islam by discussing current events, you can sure as shit bet you'll not be welcome at that school anymore if they catch word you carry. Teachers get cut for much less.
>>
>>30508509
In Alabama, open carry is permitted in state and national parks. State law is open carry unrestricted, concealed carry of a handgun with a permit. Permit is shall issue and will probably cost from $10 to $20 annually, unless you chose to live in Jefferson county(Birmingham) where annual permit fees are $75.No restrictions on weapon ownership beyond federal law.

One odd caveat to our gun laws is that having a loaded handgun where you can readily use it in a car is considered "concealed" and requires a permit.

Hunting is generally good here with a selection of game. White tail deer, and wild turkey have specific seasons. Raccoon hunting is popular. Wild pigs and coyote hunting is unrestricted, as they are considered nuisance species.
>>
>>30508550
Well, sorry about that. I just knew he choose the location for the resemblance. Dude kickstarted our space program, though.
>>
>>30508579
https://youtu.be/QEJ9HrZq7Ro
>>
>>30508561
>parents shit their pants when they think you're teaching communism by talking about Russia during WWII or that you're trying to convert their kid to Islam by discussing current events,
oh boy
I've yelled at parents for much less
>my kid does not understand you, you are at fault. you are a bad teacher
>excuse me SIR, but your child is a spoiled lazy brat that appears in my lessons half of the time, if at all, is late as a rule, has had his phone confiscated twice in the last week alone, doesn't even attempt to listen, and has not tried his hand at even copying homework from someone, let alone do it himself. also you are a failure as a parent since it actually is YOUR responsibility to see to it that those things do happen. moreover, please tell me more about the five or more years you spent at a university studying education that qualify you to judge the quality of my lessons. Sir.

le blog post for your lulz, i hope
>>
>>30508422

You're a true German, right?

Many Germans and Norwegians moved to the Dakotas and Montana back in the day when we still had sensible immigration laws that favored actual humans. Montana has plenty of mountainous terrain, and gets quite hot in the summer (100+ F), but isn't usually not that humid and just the same gets extremely cold in the winter. Also has some of the best gun laws in the US. Demographics are much better than the other states you listed, excepting Wyoming, but there's much more to do in Montana. Our largest problem is Indians which are generally more manageable than others. You have the 4th largest state landmass with the 44th largest population. The east half is prairie and the west half is mountains.

I'd implore you to stay in Europe, though. A few more years and you'll hopefully have the opportunity to be part of SA 2: Electric Boogaloo.
>>
File: IMG_9612.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9612.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Indiana is ight. Decent gun laws, that's about it. Marijuana hasn't been legalized yet but at least there's guns and cars.
>>
>>30508616
>You're a true German, right?
As far as I know im as german as it gets. Im from bavaria, on the border to austria and have been here my entire life.

>Dakotas
I've seen what you wrote on demographics and ancestry maps. I don't think I'd have a problem with indians tbH.

>I'd implore you to stay in Europe
Don't get me wrong, I like it here and I love my culture aswell. The thing I have a serious problem with are the general politics at the moment. Germans in general to me seem like they aren't proud of beeing what they are anymore, and I don't want to live together with people that don't like what they are and that don't have an identity. As a european this seems to be completely different in murica. Also, you can't operate innawoods here because of laws and population density. There is basicly no real wilderness anymore and national parks are small size and full of tourists.

>>30508623
Gonna have a look at that. I don't care about marijuana, as im not smoking and will never smoke. Im even more towards the "keep-it-illegal"-side regarding drugs.
>>
File: 1466975571881.jpg (592 KB, 1997x1479) Image search: [Google]
1466975571881.jpg
592 KB, 1997x1479
>>30508685

>As a european this seems to be completely different in murica.

That's where you're wrong, friend. It's not just as bad, it's worse. Americans literally don't have an identity and generally never have. By the proper definition there is no American nationality. Mainstream American identity has just been largely shaped by media influence for the past 100 years which is overwhelmingly Jewish; we have no blood ties to the land, things commonly thought of as the defining characteristics of being American are typically materialistic and secular. We're proud that an ethnic enclave that hates most Americans writes movies, we're proud we get drunk like animals and watch subhumans hump eachother in a stadium every sunday, we're proud that we bombed our ancestors into ash, we're proud that we enable degeneracy across the globe on a day to day basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IApvU6SMq-8

Watch this propaganda video and you'll see what I mean. The mainstream notion of being American means blindly accepting all the civilization-destroying decay around you in pursuit of the mythical "melting pot" that will strengthen the "American dream".

You should stay and fight for your homeland, no matter the dire situation. That's what it means to have nobility of spirit. No different from the Waffen-SS units who fought to the death at the gates of Berlin in 1945 knowing they were doing the right thing. Hopefully you'll have the chance soon.

The only advantage there is to coming here is that the US is physically large, and it's easier to put a vast amount of physical space between you and your problems. That doesn't make the problems any less real, and eventually, left unchecked, they'll always come back.

(As a side note, Indians are just as dangerous and unpredictable as any poor brown person with an IQ in the 80s is, but they're generally more passive and luckily we have reservations they're typically tied to. And Indian means "native American" if that wasn't clear.)
>>
>>30508747
What I wrote was my outside perspective of america. The general perception of americans here is usually an "murica fug yeah"-guy with strong national rather than ethical identity.

Europe is overpopulated and is currently moving more to the left than to the right. At least in germany. Center-rights are getting slightly more right and center-left are getting more left.

One of the main things is there is close to no untouched nature left here. A few small national parks and other than that its a crowded place with settlements and tourists everywhere. Not to mention the gun laws, especially stuff like carrying.

>That's what it means to have nobility of spirit
Thats not really the general opinion here. More like the opposite. And things wont drasticly change in the near future.

Other than all of that, I just find north as well as south american nature magnificient tbH, the only thing we have are the alps. Anything else is basicly as boring as your great plains
>>
>>30508439
>LA, Cali
>>
What are my chances of finding a girl that's into guns in Florida and Texas? Both seem like very pro-gun states. Might take another trip to America next summer and look around.
>>
>>30509077

Texas is full of muslims and is about to become a blue state, DO NOT FUCKING MOVE TO TEXAS. Texas being some bastion of traditional America full of hardened cowboys is a hollywood meme.

If you want to live in a desert full of decent folk move to Utah. Mormons might rub you the wrong way but they won't bother you too bad out of salt lake, especially if you're not a druggie. The wilderness in Utah is pretty great as well.
>>
>>30509097
So what are my chances of finding a girl that likes guns in those states? Don't want to get married to some bitch that hates guns and then divorces me and gets me deported.
>>
>>30508616
The Midwest is rife with Germans. Half the small towns in Missouri were settled by Germans way back. Supposedly the terrain reminded them of home.
>>
>>30508464
Pretty well most states. Programming is useful. Which language do you prefer (program wise)
>>
>>30509107
Just find one you like and convert her. It's hard to find women who are into guns out of their own accord.

Also, get a job in a trade, and charge people more for "Foreign Craftsmanship"

It worked for Arnie.
>>
Wisconsin or Minnesota
>>
>>30509107
Probably slim to none considering you're too fucking retarded to know there are girls that fit your description everywhere
I imagine you spend most of your time inside and think that moving to these places will somehow lead you to go outside and meet someone
>>
Why the hell does everyone hate Texas? I dont get it
>>
>>30508422
You might want to check out Pennsylvania. A lot of the very early German immigrants moved their in the early years of the US. While it is not exactly the same culture that you are coming from, there is a common cultural origin. Not to mention ethnic makeup would be similar which doesn't hurt.
>>
>>30509180
I also want to hear why people don't like Texas.
>>
>>30509097
>>Texas becoming a blue state.

Are you smoking dope, son?
>>
File: Oklahoma_ball.jpg (24 KB, 697x526) Image search: [Google]
Oklahoma_ball.jpg
24 KB, 697x526
>>30509180
>>30509209
Because our state is better, our gun laws are better and also our food is better.
>>
>>30509131
So far i've only used a proprietary MS language used in one of their ERP-Systems, outside of work its almost only C++ often with Qt and I just started with UnrealE, so it will come into play there aswell.
>>
Krautz and Beaners love their Oompa Oompa music...Tejas it is
>>
>>30509209
Because typically Texans have huge bloated egos for no fucking reason. Usually it's due to the size of their state and how they like to believe a big state means bigger dicks and titties, but all there really is are a lot of spics and droughts... nothing to have a big ego about, and that's why people hate Texas.
>>
>>30508616
>SA
Meaning what, in this context?
>>
>>30509241
So misinformed...
>>
>>30509257
Tell me, how does it feel to be both dumb AND poorly endowed.
>>
File: indiana fall.jpg (332 KB, 800x491) Image search: [Google]
indiana fall.jpg
332 KB, 800x491
>>30508685
I second Indiana. I grew up there, and it's bretty gud with guns, and the lifetime conceal carry permit is a pretty good value when compared to other states that make you pay yearly. Also, 31 other states recognize IN CC permits which is neat. Compared to other states I think it pays for itself with 10 or less years depending what the others charge, but don't hold me to that.
Also, cost of living is pretty low, especially away from towns. You can get a nice big tract of land with plenty of woods fairly cheaply. Southern Indiana is very into its German heritage, so if you ever get homesick you aren't far from some good German cuisine, and German is also the most commonly spoken language in Indiana after English and Spanish.
Also, it's beautiful in the fall. Maximum comfy imo.
>>
File: image.jpg (403 KB, 1618x1353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
403 KB, 1618x1353
Don't come to Alaska.
>>
>>30508747
t.West Coaster or urban dweller that is unaware of how the rest of the country works
>>
>>30508422
if you want guns just go anywhere but Cali, NY, Chicago, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Maryland, DC. Literally anywhere else has great gun laws and you really won't have to worry.

note that if your job is in D.C. you can just live in Northern Viriginia
>>
File: indiana fall 2.jpg (117 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
indiana fall 2.jpg
117 KB, 640x480
>>30509268
More fall because I can't wait to move back at the end of the month.
>>
>>30509266
Tell me, does attacking others help ease your own feelings of inadequacy?
>>
File: browncountystatepark.jpg (104 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
browncountystatepark.jpg
104 KB, 500x350
>>30509292
>>
Ive been in Texas for the last 15 years. Knife laws generally arent great. CC isnt hard to get, and gun laws aren't bad either. Finding pro gun girls will be easier than in areas like NY but probably the same as the midwest. Dont move to a TX city, they all suck except maybe Ft worth and the small cities around it. New Braunfels is also supposed to have a ton of german immigrants. If you are looking for wild places and national parks TX is probably not for you. Most land is privately owned and the scenery is mostly great plains like.
>>
File: cawusmaphr1505rc1jpg.jpg (217 KB, 775x526) Image search: [Google]
cawusmaphr1505rc1jpg.jpg
217 KB, 775x526
>>30509249

Sturmabteilung.

>>30509351

>Most land is privately owned

Good to bring up; here's a map of public lands. Most of the US is fucked in that regard.

Seriously, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, and Alaska (if you're up for it, though the cities are more fucked than you might think) are the last best places to live in the United States for a European-descendant man who isn't a marxist.
>>
>>30509269
I thought alaska was pretty much one of the gun friendliest state?
>>
>>30509611

Pretty much nowhere wants you to shoot from the roadway. It's a stupid thing to do anyways.
>>
>>30509620
from what I read on here it seemed like a quite normal thing to shoot innawoods tbH. Is that really illegal or at least borderline illegal in pretty much any state?
>>
>>30509800

From the road literally means parking your car on the shoulder and shooting within pissing distance of the road.

Going two hundred yards in and shooting (on public land) in a safe direction would usually be fine.
>>
>>30509800
Road=/=innawoods
Places you can shoot: In the woods
Places not to shoot: On the fucking road
>>
>>30508422
>>30508464

Colorado could be a solid option for you, as well as WA as the other Anon mentioned. Lots of high-tech jobs moving to the Denver area, it's practically a boom town these days. Also, Colorado has tons of mountains, good craft beer from small breweries, and awesome skiing, which would be like home for you. Unless you're from northern DE, in which case not so much. But pick as you will.

>>30508462
And definitely no CC for teachers, just how it works. Although if you taught at a university, it could be different depending upon the institution. Don't count on that though.
>>
>>30509837
>>30509847
Ahh, thanks. I meant taking your gun on some hike and shooting at a good place in the wild

Sorry for the misunderstanding
>>
>>30509866
Colorado has mag limits, doesnt it?
>>
>>30509904
Yes it does, but I have never seen them enforced. The sheriff's departments of nearly every county is ignoring them, and those same sheriffs plus other groups have filed a case against the state to try and get the mag limit repealed. I see people with 30-rounders at the range all the time, nobody cares.
>>
>>30509866
>Unless you're from northern DE
im from the very south east tip of bavaria, google Berchtesgaden National Park for the nature there
>>
>>30509920
You, my good man, would love what he have in CO. It's drier here, that's for sure, but the national parks look somewhat like that. The two biggest ones nearby are Rocky Mountain National Park and Arapaho National Forest. RMNP is an awesome place. Wish I could get up there more often. If you enjoy challenging hiking, there's over 50 mountains in this state with an altitude over 14,000 ft. (4267,2m)
>>
>>30509919
I'd rather not break the law even if its not enforced, especially when im new and an immigrant tbH

I don't feel comfortable breaking any laws and would feel even worse if I did it outside of germany
>>
>>30509949
It's literally the American spirit to break laws that can't be enforced
>>
>>30509953
I think what germanon was getting at in >>30509949
was that he would want to toe the fine line in order to make sure he has a squeaky-clean slate to be an immigrant in good standing. I can respect that.
>>
>>30509948
As an active mountaineer here I sure do love it :)

The mountains here are almost only about 1-3km in elevation, but thats already pretty nice mayyn

Here we almost never do any ice climbing on glaciers etc., so that would be new for me.

Also, gonna look for some pics once im home from work.
>>
>>30509948
>>30509919
>>30509866
>anon comes to /k/ for living recommendations with good gun laws
>shills a state with some shitty ones
>>
>>30509953
I don't want to get into trouble with any laws, even if its just for the sake of not beeing """syrian""" """refugee"""-tier immigrant
>>
>>30509991
What are you talking about? There's no weapon type restrictions here outside of federal ones, CC is shall-issue, open carry is legal except in certain municipalities, you can carry a handgun in your car for self-defense without a license, and the mag limit law is bullshit that literally nobody in any department enforces. There's also a good amount of both public and club gun ranges.

Please, look at the revised statutes for a state before you rag on it.
>>
>>30510019
>mag limit
>b-b-but it isn't enforced so that's totally like it doesn't exist!
>>
File: wallz1278_Georgia.state.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
wallz1278_Georgia.state.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1600
>>30508422
>I like mountainous terrain and/or hot and/or humid climate
Sounds like north Georgia. Good gun laws for the most part.
>>
>>30510029
I don't like it either, but our laws are still far superior to Commiefornia or the northern East-Coast states. Besides, gun culture isn't the one and only thing that matters when you decide to uproot your whole life to move to a different country. Colorado is still one of the most gun-friendly states, and at the same time is popular for German immigrants. I'll not waste further time and energy on you.
>>
>>30508422

Virginia is where you want. Great gun laws and you have big cities, farmland, beaches, mountains to choose from.
>>
>>30510087
>Colorado is still one of the most gun-friendly states
There are way better states. Colorado has magazine limits, and private sales are banned. Even in Maryland you can own regular magazines.
>>
>>30508422
Jasper, Indiana
Benefits:
>huge enclave of Germans and their descendants
>based Mike Pence is the governor
>pretty damn awesome gun laws
>one of the best theme parks in the country within spitting distance (Holiday World)
>cost of living fairly low
>peaceful, largely homogenous community
>ass loads of woods and state parks to run around in and use your guns
>weather is decent, average summer around 90 degrees Fahrenheit and winter typically never goes below twenty. Also get little in the way of snow.

Downsides:
>large cities are largely past their prime and are getting more dangerous as time goes on (ccw recommended in parts if Indianapolis, Gary, etc.)
>few dedicated gun ranges that I have personally seen or heard of
>more Mexicans than you might expect
>not widely known for tech companies

It's my home state, do there's that bias, but I love it.
>>
>>30508422
New Mexico might be your best bet, we got mountains towards the northern half. Deserts for nice open ranges. It's hot at times because weather's fucky. Gun laws are pretty lax I might say, legal open carry, a shall-issue state for CC, free year round hog hunting.
>>
File: pct_german.jpg (489 KB, 1584x1224) Image search: [Google]
pct_german.jpg
489 KB, 1584x1224
>>30508422
You aren't the first German to settle here. I think you'll find that those who came before made good decisions in terms of which regions were right for them.
>>
Central Texas is already full of Germans, and guns.
>>
>>30510101
>mountains
Does Virginia actually have proper mountains? I know there are the appalachian mountains somewhere in that part of the US, but aren't they relatively flat and "not very mountainous"?

>>30509269
Now that I know whats meant by the sign, why is Alaska bad? Cost of living? low population? Or do Alaskans just not like immigrants (who the fuck even does)
>>
Also, in general I don't think its very important for me that the area has a lot of german heritage. As long as its not fuckin Detroit or Mexico i think I can cope with it
>>
>>30508422
Wyoming, Missouri, and Kansas are good choices. In Missouri and Kansas you want to be around Kansas City (avoid St. Louis, and Topeka) in Kansas and soon to be Missouri you can conceal and carry without a permit. Kansas is trying to turn itself into a libertarians wet dream at the moment so assuming you aren't gonna be on welfare you'll have a good time. Missouri is pretty good cost of living to average wage wise. Wyoming also has good gun laws, and doesn't have state income tax. That aside I don't think you should leave Germany. Germany needs all the good men it has left.
>>
>>30510191
This map is correct as balls.

You see that one over 50% county in Indiana? That is due to a town called Jasper, where most houses fly the German flag, and you occasionally see the Kaiser's flag flying. Basically, an entire Bavarian town moved there in the 1800s. Great little town, friendly, not real hard to get a decent job especially if you know anything about farming.
>>
>>30510292
>That aside I don't think you should leave Germany.
for what purpose? I doubt anything can really change the path we are going and/or reverse it
>>
>>30510321
Regardless of what YOU think is going to happen, you have to have faith and believe Germany is worth the sacrifice. Personally i'd much rather suffer for something then live for nothing. America isn't free of the problems you find in Germany. The only difference is America is big enough for you to find escapism in nature and small pockets of decent people. The point is you can't run forever, we'll have to fight one day if we want anything to change. Maybe you can live in America for the moment. However you have to be there for Germany when she needs you.
>>
>>30508422
I live in Wyoming if you have any questions OP. Actual programmers are in high demand here because of the lack of population and lack of college degrees among said low population. Gun laws are great here, I work in the firearm industry and we recently had a Congressman tour our facility in support of making the gun laws here even better. The governor is maximum pro gun and as long as you're a resident of the state, you don't even need a concealed weapons permit to carry concealed.

I lived in Colorado for 20 years and I love the state, but it is becoming liberal (and crowded) quickly. If you want good job opportunities, a metropolitan area, and highly educated people along with a more modern feel, Colorado might be right for you. If you prefer vast open spaces, small town feel, and a bit more rugged lifestyle, check out Wyoming. Both states are basically giant outdoor playgrounds; Colorado has winters that are probably comparable to Bavaria (albeit less humid here), while Wyoming's winters are more severe and it's windy year round.

If you're serious about moving to the U.S., visit all the states you mentioned in your OP. Alaska is awesome in the summer but if you're considering living there, visit during the winter to see if you could even survive. Arizona has top tier gun laws and all around pretty good weather if you live in the northern part of the state. Phoenix will reach 120+ F during the summer. Washington state is beautiful year round, although it's so green because it rains a lot.
There's also a German village there you could check out:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leavenworth,_Washington

I'll check this thread later if you have any questions.
>>
>>30508422
Really anything that isn't California, Massachusetts, or New York could work
>>
>>30510386
>visit all the states you mentioned in your OP
I thought about that, but at the moment i just can't afford it as all the states im currently thinking about are spread all over the us, from the south east to south to north to PNW to AK.

Just too expensive to do it at the moment
>>
File: Document.jpg (26 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
Document.jpg
26 KB, 600x394
>>30510218
Yeah we have mountains. Nothing like the Rockies though.
>>
>>30510417

Never know, summer of road trips to end all road trips might be in your future.

Maybe a Nuggetfest in a prospective state to start.
>>
>>30510417
I understand completely. Space out your trips over the course of a few years while you decide whether you seriously want to move to the U.S. or not. Or you could make multiple stops over a few weeks (Arizona, Colorado, Washington).
>>
>>30510500
Yeah, I've thought about attending a nuggetfest, would just feel pretty stupid showing up there without any guns and leeching off others.. I hate doing that kind of stuff
>>
>>30510528

Can't speak for all gun folks but I do like introducing people to guns. Wouldn't mind letting folks shoot my guns.

Every time friends and acquaintances have foreign visitors that wants to shoot, they call me to bring my guns.
>>
>>30510191
>Your county is >50%

Feels good, man.
>>
>>30510314
Jasper is bertty good. Also has the best Mexican restraunt I've ever been to: Los Bravos
>>
>>30510478
And don't you forget it.
>>
>>30510586
I can't really imagine a lot of people beeing that nice tbH. I just hate to be a leech on others
>>
>>30508422
Look for towns with German history.
>>
File: DSCN7824.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7824.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30510218
>why is Alaska bad?
It's not bad
>Cost of living?
Made up for in high pay and it doesn't really cost that much higher
>low population?
That's a good thing
>Or do Alaskans just not like immigrants
Foreign and domestic.
>>
By the way:

What about Florida, especially south Florida?
Gun laws seem OK from what I read, and the subtropical climate is somewhat special for me.

Anyone has any info about FL?
>>
File: range.jpg (466 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
range.jpg
466 KB, 1500x1000
>>30508462
>>30508464
Oregon and Washington both have lots of tech companies in Beaverton and Seattle respectively. Both states have overall good gun laws, with Oregon being superior in that respect (fewer restrictive laws, more allowable fun guns). Both states are middle-of-the-ground politically (barely Democrat by metropolitan majority), with a strong recent trend toward liberalism (noguns) spreading from the major cities which, unfortunately, is also where the tech jobs always are.

There are also a lot of tech jobs in Austin, Texas, but while the state is steadfastly conservative (hasguns), Austin itself is extremely liberal, like Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington.

tl;dr Wherever you go, tech goes hand in hand with liberals. Of the three states, I'd pick Oregon or Texas, depending on how hot or how wet you want it. Oregon is much cooler but rains frequently and has pine trees.
>>
>>30508422
Texas has got Fredericksburg which aims to look like a German village. Lot of wine and beer stuff goin on there.
>>
>>30508422
We're full fuck off
>>
>>30508422
If you make it to the other side can we marry? Want to leave this shithole as well but IĀ“m still stuck in college, would do military servie though.
>>
>>30511293
I hope youre female

I aint marrying a dude nigga
>>
>>30508422
Alaska, Montana, Texas, Wyoming,
>>
>>30508616
Don't listen to other germbro leave the homeland and come to America, Germany will be germistan soon
>>
>>30510087
It isn't even top 20 m8
>>
>>30511501
Im probably gonna observe the situation as I have to wait a few years to be able to visit all states I consider anyways, so I will see the political situation in germany and the US anyways and then I can still decide if it is worth it to move over
>>
>>30510120
Indianapolis is on an upward trend though. Dat ebil gentrification is finally pricing criminals out of parts of the city. It has a long way to go, but it's no Gary.
Also I know a lot of tech companies are hiring in the Indy area, and some in Evansville which is pretty safe unless you decide to hang out in Jimtown after dark.
>>
>>30510072
>>30508422

This. Georgia has a lot to offer for what you listed. It's hot and humid 4 months a fucking year.

You can live in the mountains in North Georgia. Closer to the coast in the South East. Or if you're a city guy looking for relevant employment Atlanta is here. /k/ will tell you it's nignog territory but there are plenty of nice places to live in or around Atlanta that are pretty nice. It's also pretty centrally located, so to do innawoods stuff is not a far drive in any direction.

We got a shit load of lakes, forests, and parks. Pretty decent innawoods.

No "real" winter in Georgia really. 0 degrees celsius is the extent of it for a couple weeks.

Arizona is more dry heat and desert. Colorado is mountainous but not quite as warm. Alaska, of course, gets cold as fuck. Washington might be a fit for ya if the South doesn't sit right.
>>
>>30508422
Hillary is going to win, so wait until after the election to see if we're allowed playskool knives by the end of the year.
>>
>>30510640
>best Mexican restaurant you've been to
>Los Bravos
TOP KEK
Go to La Cabana in Evansville if it's still open, or Juanita's in Bloomington. Both are a lot better than Los Bravos.
>>
>>30510191
Wisconsin is the most German state by far. Sad to see the Milwaukee county % drop because of dindus and spics.
>Milwaukee once had over 100 breweries operating
>>
>>30511020
I live in Florida now, it has good gun laws and is pretty free

BUT

It's a total fucking shithole. Learn Spanish, especially for South Florida, which is better known as North Cuba. Central Florida is just angry locals, college students, poor illegals, and Disney fags. South Florida has the ups and downs of having Miami, but the Everglades are really neat. Cost of living is not as low as it should be for how little the state has to offer aside from summers so miserable that it's like our winter. What I mean by that is everybody stays inside all the time because the weather makes it so so awful. I changed the battery in my car at 9am and I sweat through my shirt.

New things in Florida in the past month or two:
>Nile crocodiles
>giant monitor lizards
>the first baby born in the US with microencephaly

If you get in a car wreck, they will try to run. Also nobody can drive.
Florida likes to talk hot shit about all of the jobs created, but they're mostly service jobs for the parks in Orlando, or they're tech jobs where they want you to have years of experience in tech AND to pay you $10/hr.

Louisiana would be better if you want humidity.
>>
>>30511433
well rip then
>>
>>30511650
Most major cities had an absurdly high number of breweries operating pre-distribution. We actually have a greater number of breweries in the US than the old peak, except now it isn't 80% Milwaukee pisswater.
>>
File: 1462287410208.png (493 KB, 1200x771) Image search: [Google]
1462287410208.png
493 KB, 1200x771
>>30508422
East Tennessee would be perfect if you like mountains, and hot and humid weather and good gun laws.
>>
>>30511682
>milwaukee pisswater
you know not everything is Miller, right?
>>
>>30511705
Yes, Milwaukee also brought PBR into this world,
>>
>>30511723
Fuck, don't remind me. That shit is worse than Bud.
>>
>>30509097
>Texas is about to become a blue state
that is a literal meme anon, they are actually going further right
>>
File: 1458851941566.png (2 MB, 1062x1076) Image search: [Google]
1458851941566.png
2 MB, 1062x1076
can anyone help out a britcuckistanian trying to move to freedom land ? I'd like to move somewhere with gud gun laws but don't want to get beaten up on july 4th every year.
>>
>>30511781
I don't know if anybody in the US is actually going to assault you for being a Brit on the 4th of July, unless you go around being an edgy prick saying that we should still be colonies.
>>
>>30511663
i dont want to get hunted down by Omar "Frag the Fags" Mateen, sorry
>>
>good gun laws
>mountains
>not a lot of dicks
>farms yo
>humidity in summer
>the fucking amish
>abandoned shit
>tunnels
>lots of woods

PENNSYLVANIA
>>
>>30508623
It's also dirt cheap to live here and southern Indiana has some decent forests. Our governer even tried to ban Muslim refugees before it was cool
>>
>>30508422
Op, don't listen to these other Anons. Texas is pretty good just stay away from Austin/Travis county. But the rest of central Texas is pretty legit, especially the towns of New Braunfels and Fredericksburg which are where the majority of German Texans settled
>>
We're full try maybe next decade
>>
>>30508442

Yacht or ship interior and exterior carpenter
No certification but I can put my grease hands on small engines too
Italy sucks cause I was used as a jack of all trades in various yards and everytime I ask they want muh must be qualified.

Fuck sake wasted 6 years doing all of kind of jobs and got nothing
>>
>>30508445
>New Hampshire and Vermont
>San Diego is pretty sweet if you don't mind beaners
>Ignoring sweet low price shit but still again more beaners
>Washington best
Yeah cumon
>>
>>30511894
Why not? We could live together wit an lesbian couple and fight Omar together. t. Frank "Every Jeck gets a frag" Richter.
>>
>>30508422
North Dakota is pretty based. Friendly people, 2nd Amendment friendly, lots of innawoods type things to do like camping/hunting/fishing, cost of living is much lower than many other places in the US, lots of jobs available. Should also mention summers here are exactly what you described as ideal, both hot and humid sometimes reaching triple digits but usually around 75-86*F
>>
>>30509241
This. I hated living in Texas.
>>
File: 1268758167393.jpg (162 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1268758167393.jpg
162 KB, 450x600
>>30509268
This. I would stay out of large inner cities though.
>>
So far I think Washington is the nices one in terms of environment because the cascades look a lot like the alps where I live. Didn't expect this thread to turn out this well, no dicks, no trolls, etc.

Thank you guys a lot for that

I'll stay in the thread until it will archive in case there are even more helpful guys around
>>
>>30511852
nah im not gunna go round in a redcoat with a martini henry or anything like that
>>
>>30508422
Look into the Texas Hill Country. It fits almost all of your criteria. It is a dry heat though. The area has a strong heritage of German settlers. It also has the best beef bbq in the country.
>>
>>30512526
Somebody beat me to it. Born and raised in Fredriksberg (the way my family says it cause we're so fucking German). Our welcome sign is in German, our food is German, our beer is German. Pretty much everything in the Hill Country is German

>mfw I found a lot of Nazi shit that my grandpa had cause he moved back to the Fatherland then gtfo once they lost the war
>>
>>30512526
Abilene is also nice
>>30512730
I beat you to it. :)
>>
>>30508422
Stay out of Wyoming unless you like high winds on an hourly basis and like nothing but WIDE open plains and desolate towns. Stay out of Commiefornia, New York, and Illinois. Colorado (where I live) is okay, but it's kind of a pain getting magazines for your firearms. Hope that helps a bit.
>>
>>30513075
Is Wyoming really that windy? I generally don't have problems with wind, but its shitty for shooting
>>
File: 1272398227394.jpg (10 KB, 126x113) Image search: [Google]
1272398227394.jpg
10 KB, 126x113
I've lived in AL, CA, IN, MT, UT, NY, NJ and finally settled in Arkansas.

I liked the Rocky Mountain states for the scenery, but not really the people. Central and North West Arkansas is good (stay away from the Eastern and Southern parts of the state).

Lots of parks and woods in the Ozarks to get away from people. Gun laws are pretty good and getting better. I can literally walk out my back door and into hundreds of acres of innawoods.

Winters are pretty mild but, summers are hot as hell. People are pretty nice too.
>>
>>30508550
Yeah no shit, you humorless Kraut. He was comparing it to when he was a kid.
>>
>>30508422
Newton County Indiana a best:
-Low taxes
-Cheap houses
-Based cops
-No emisions control
>>
>>30513207
I've lived there and been through there my whole life, there are few times where it isn't windy. Sometimes it's a small breeze all day but most of the time it'll kick up to around 10 to 15. Sometimes it gets fucking crazy. GREAT for long distance shooting on calm days, but otherwise kind of a pain. If you want a REALLY good place, go to Montana. Less wind, more scenery and hiking and outdoors type shit. Few less job opportunities but it depends on what town/ city you go to.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>30511441
>Alaska
Every person who comes to Alaska and becomes a resident gets a cut of our PFD money. When that happens my check gets smaller. Stay out!!!
>>
>>30513210
What part of MT? Red Lodge bro here.
>>
>>30513389
I lived in Eastern MT, Glasgow to be exact.

Would have loved to live in the mountains though.
>>
>>30510212
This! Lots of German roots here in Texas.
>>
Germans.... Come to missouri.

If it was good enough for your ancestors it is good enough for you too.
>>
>>30514486
different people like different environments, I like mountains a lot since I've been born, have grown up and am still living in or near the alps
>>
>>30509236
The actual language doesn't matter. You should be able to pick up competency in a new language within a week. We care more that you can apply the concepts like recursion, memory management, loop unrolling, etc.
>>
File: image_0.png (13 KB, 433x500) Image search: [Google]
image_0.png
13 KB, 433x500
>>30508464
Texas.
We have the largest CS job field.
>>
File: 1395345856267.png (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1395345856267.png
22 KB, 250x250
>>30508999

Dem Tripps
>>
>>30508542
You just gotta believe in the dream
>>
>>30508685
There's a place in Texas called Fredericksburg. Heavy German influence and they love German shit.
>>
>>30516028
>Fredericksburg.
Literally named after a German prince bruh.
feels good to be a Prussiaboo
>>
>>30516068
Yah. And it's a pretty nice place.
>>
>>30508509
As far as I know, Eastern Washington is more conservative, considering that there are many farms in that area
>>
>>30508422
I live in Missouri and it's not very mountainous but it is sure as hell hot and humid. You can find a town 55 miles west of St. Louis Missouri called Washington. It's right on the Missouri River, it's where I live. It's a massively German community, like 95% of people are of German descent. I'd say around 30% speak German, but your English seems great as is. One thing though.

Washington Missouri is the king of two things.
>Corn cob pipes
>Methamphetamine

If you meet the right people, drugs aren't a problem, but I'd rather you know.
>>
>>30508422
I'm the Missouri fag, I forgot to mention Missouri is rated 9th best for gun rights
>>
Theres always Vermont. We have excellent gun rights and have one of the lowest crime rates in the nation only downside is that it can get cold like -34C cold in the winter
>>
>>30508422
>Any /k/ommandos have stories or suggestions for me?

Minnesota and Wisconsin are full of Germans. Trust me, I'm part German descent.

There's literally a place in Wisconsin called "Rhinelander" if that tells you anything about the influence there.
>>
OP if you're still around don't listen to the people telling you to go to "german town". Look for an area/state you like then find a job and live nearby. Live with Americans and assimilate. You'll have a much better stay than just living with germans in little germany.

>stay out of Alaska.
>>
>>30508509
You cannot use funs in any national park, as far as I'm aware. Because most federal land in WA under the NFS or BLM is well-watered/far from the cities, shooting innawoods is generally allowed as long as you follow common sense. Snoqualmie National Forest in particular has no restrictions on shooting, provided it's done safely and away from developed areas, and also no explosives/incendiary devices. But I hope that's self-evident.
>>
File: american census divisions.png (158 KB, 942x719) Image search: [Google]
american census divisions.png
158 KB, 942x719
>>30508422
OP pick your favourite zone by climate/terrain, then pick which state from that zone suits you the best

eg if youre a warm weather guy, it's not worth suffering up in new hampshire or vermont just for lax gun laws when you could just as easily be in florida or arizona
>>
Oklahoma. We have a large German population. You'd fit right in.

Also, I like your accents. Get down here.
>>
File: 1439741168886.jpg (150 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1439741168886.jpg
150 KB, 500x500
>>30510191
>be young male in new city
>want to find a lutheran church with traditional services
>find a church in my city with a sunday morning mass in german
>attend
>it's literally six old men taking turns reading passages
>stay the service, receive communion, shake hands after
>don't come back

It's like watching an entire culture die out. It's really sad, especially knowing they're better than all the flips and beaners replacing them.
>>
>>30510191
>wisconsin
>especially around Madison

and that killed any desire I had to move there, thanks
>>
>>30508422
From what I understand, Wisconsin looks a lot like Germany, landscape wise. If that informs your opinion at all.
>>
Ohio is a breddy based state. Lotta people are of Germanic descent around here. Just stay away from the bad parts of the towns and cities and you'll be fine.

Also, just remember if you wanna go durr hunnin', you can only use shotguns and flat nosed cartridges, at least right now.
>>
>>30508464
Missouri. Great gun laws, cheap cost of living, St. Louis and Kansas City both have good, growing tech industries, and all the humidity you can handle. Mountains aren't too far away in Tennessee.
>>
>>30519866
Are you serious? You can't use spitzers for deer hunting there?
>>
>>30519058
Yeah, I know that. Also, whats with the stay out of Alaska, several people told me that now?
>>
>>30519322
Sad, national parks have the nicest nature obviously, like Olympia, Mt Rainier or Mt Hood if you look at PNW
>>
>>30510117
>and private sales are banned
No they're not.

>Even in Maryland you can own regular magazines.
And pretty much nothing else. And the mag ban isn't enforced to the point that several sheriffs have claimed they will arrest any officer trying to enforce it.
>>
>>30519927
>Also, whats with the stay out of Alaska,
You'll take a share of our money.
>>
Another germanbro here.
I'm torn between Michigan, Wyoming and Wisconsin.
Hope the EU won't take my funz until me& my gf are prepared to move.
>>
I won't recommend Kentucky to anyone, having moving here less than 10 years ago myself.

I can say that the gun laws are really good here though.
>>
>>30512075
Sure, but the closest you get to maintains are the hills in the Ohio Valley and the dunes on Lake Michigan.
>>
>>30518458
Same applies to Cincinnati
>Historic gentrified neighborhood literally called Over the Rhine
>Staple food is sausage mixed with oats because poor Krauts didn't have enough for real sausage
>Roads had German names until WWI
>>
>>30520271
Covington area is pretty good
t. Cincinnatifag
>>
>>30508464
Atlanta
>>
>>30512485
I'd love you more if you did. I'd even dress as a Zulu.
>>
>>30509149
>Wisconsin
seconded. milwaukee has great german food.

the farther north in the midwest you go, the more scandinavian it tends to get
>>
>>30508422
Michigan is objectively the best part of the US, and this is coming from an Ohioan. Far north east is pretty fantastic too
>>
>>30521027
Could you please evaluate?
>>
Thank all of you guys a lot!
Didn't expect this many good answers.
I'll have a look at all of the suggestions you guys made

Maybe one day I will be murican
>>
File: 1465864353693.jpg (56 KB, 696x520) Image search: [Google]
1465864353693.jpg
56 KB, 696x520
>>30508422
Go to WASHINGTON

SEATTLE. specifically SEATTLE.

AND VOTE BERNIE!

Fagggot cock sucking bitch ass euro scum. You will fit RIGHT in WA with the other pussies.
>>
File: projecting_projector.jpg (23 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
projecting_projector.jpg
23 KB, 500x333
>>30522996
>
>>
>>30508422
Central Texas lots of Dutch influenced land around there.
>>
>>30522996
>AND VOTE BERNIE!
oh my fucking god you cuck
>>
>>30522996
>Bernie
>not dead before the 2020 elections
I won't be able to move there and vote in 2016 anyways
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.