[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Califag here asking for some advice. with recent bills passing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: KSG.jpg (51 KB, 1000x549) Image search: [Google]
KSG.jpg
51 KB, 1000x549
Califag here asking for some advice.

with recent bills passing over here making it harder to purchase an AR in the future, would it be worth it to invest in the KSG, specifically because of the 7+7+1? Watching vids from guys on youtube who do some testing on the KSG say as long as it isnt the first gen, you're good. however comments are always 50/50. thank you.
>>
Do you enjoy masturbating???
If no, then get it.
>>
File: GUN-DP12_B_0.jpg (52 KB, 949x550) Image search: [Google]
GUN-DP12_B_0.jpg
52 KB, 949x550
>>30506801
I have a first generation KSG and I've literally never had a problem with it. You have to take care not to short stroke it but that's been my experience with every shotgun ever; the difference, here, being, is that a failure to feed can be a little more difficult to clear. I don't know that would be significantly different in a second gen model.

The second gens do have more viewing ports in the magazine tubes than the first, which only has one for the last shell in each.

If you're interested in the KSG you should also give Standard's DP-12 a look. Same concept as the KSG but in a double barreled configuration. More expensive, but if you're budget-conscious, why are you looking at a KSG in the first place?
>>
>>30506801
>>30507061
Aren't these pretty much mall ninja shit to begin with?
>>
>>30507136
KSG is a solid shotgun. It can do anything a Moss500 can. though it doesn't shoot clays very well.
>>
>>30507136
Are SBRs and high-capacity magazines mall ninja shit?

Wait, don't answer that.

It comes right down to compromise. If you just want to sling shells, there are cheaper, less exotic 12ga shotguns on the market and you can just as easily buy a Remington 870 Home Defense for five hundred bucks - bearing in mind that most of the barrel is going to be in front of you, which makes it that much more difficult to bring it around corners or up from a low ready if you ever have to use it.

Contrast that with something like a KSG or a DP-12, where it's still the same barrel length but half of it is behind your hand. That's worth something in a home defense scenario.

And on the off chance that you're a rich bitch who values his hearing and doesn't mind winding up on a federal list, it's a lot less cumbersome to put a Salvo 12 on the end of a KSG than it is on a traditional shotgun.

(Write your representative to support the Hearing Protection Act!)
>>
File: 1449725990875.jpg (21 KB, 691x597) Image search: [Google]
1449725990875.jpg
21 KB, 691x597
>>30507061
i see so its not the ksg, its the person short stroking. im not exactly budget-conscious, but i figured it might be something to pick up before some random bill would take away the ksg as well. my eyes were first set on the M4 but $1799 doesnt help in making me want it so i was gonna settle with the SLP. then i tried to think from a point of view of someone who wants to take more firearms away from the public and well, the KSG does seem like something that might come up in conversation to ban. i checked out the DP-12 as well but i figured if i picked up the KSG now, with the more affordable price around $850 and just put it away for a while, someone out there might want it later on. i dont shoot shotguns much so i figured id probably only put 50-100 through it before letting it collect dust. stripped forged lowers are selling for double the price through forums so i figured picking up something to store away wouldnt be a bad choice.
>>
>>30506801
If you need that many 12 gauge rounds, you're fucked.

Seriously though, that gun ways a ton and is 100% mallninja
>>
>>30507198
lol a good amount of us tried calling our reps but all lines were "busy".
dunno how long everyone kept calling but i didnt see anyone say they got through to voice their opinions. the shit that happened in New York is now starting up over here.
No more bullet buttons, register as AW before the end of 2017. blahblahblah.
>>
File: 1449722053986.jpg (38 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1449722053986.jpg
38 KB, 406x364
>>30507292
What im trying to say is i might not see this available in a year or two, so should i buy this because of that chance?

everyone else is buying up all the stripped lowers and Mini-14s, but the high cap KSG is something i figured might be worth it either for me to keep, or to resell when not available in stores.

again a shotgun isnt something id be inclined to grab first, but 7+7+1 seems like a better investment than a 5+1.
>>
>>30507271
You're not wrong. I got my KSG during the last ban scare in 2013 when it was specifically named in the proposed legislation and overpaid for it as a result, but I'm still happy to have it.
>>
>>30507322
>lol a good amount of us tried calling our reps but all lines were "busy"
Write a letter you mong. On paper. In an envelope. With a stamp on it. Letter writing campaigns are still the most effective way of getting politicians' attention; when they can just disconnect a phone or delete an email a thousand at a time, someone has to actually, physically handle a letter to remove or destroy it. It takes a very real toll in office overhead and cannot be ignored.
>>
>>30507292
>If you need that many 12 gauge rounds, you're fucked.
Better to have and not need than to need and not have.
>>
File: kg.jpg (1 MB, 1252x1285) Image search: [Google]
kg.jpg
1 MB, 1252x1285
Why don't you just buy an AK?
>>
>>30506801
I love living in a state that lets me have a drum mag fed Saiga12
>>
>>30506801
My buddy just picked up a Gen II. We literally went and shot it for the first time yesterday. His is brand new and I think it needs to be broken in. His had a few feeding issues. I'm not sure if it's because the gun is new or because he wasn't pumping it hard enough. When I shot it I had no feeding issues and fired 3 or 4 slugs without problems.
>>
>>30507292
KSG is light as fuck empty.
>>
>>30509259
>I'm not sure if it's because the gun is new or because he wasn't pumping it hard enough.
Definitely the latter.
>>
>>30506801
First gen is fine as long as you don't use it as a sledge hammer to take down a cinderblock wall. And even if something broke, if you're not the type of guy who has "the type of malfunction where my hand went in front of the muzzle and I still pulled the trigger" then you're fine

>>30507292
>If you need that many 12 gauge rounds, you're fucked.
I guess we should have nationwide magazine bans then you faggot
>Seriously though, that gun ways a ton and is 100% mallninja
confirmed for never having held/owned/shot a ksg and thinking a pump action shotgun is mallninja
>>
>>30509729
pump action shotguns are not mallninja, retarded shit like the KSG is.
>>
File: 20160522_202646.jpg (253 KB, 1663x935) Image search: [Google]
20160522_202646.jpg
253 KB, 1663x935
>>30509242
;)
>>
File: 45677.jpg (136 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
45677.jpg
136 KB, 1080x1349
>>30509729
>>30512752

If i did pick up a ksg i'd probably slap on some kind of grip...im not the kind to lose focus and blow my jerk hand off.

again i bring up the ksg mostly because i feel like something with that higher than 5+1 cap is something i wont see soon. and it seems like a fun gun to shoot out in the desert too.

i dont believe the 870,500, etc. are under any threat whatsoever, so im in no rush to want to buy those since they're fairly cheap. but while i have cash on hand from parting off some AR stuff, i figured something with more than 5+1 would be something worth tossing into the bin.

Thanks for all your input guys!
>>
>>30512938
I take it the Saiga and Vepr shotguns are not legal in California. Because I'd rather have one of those.
>>
>>30507292
For dem zombies, need money for dem zombie scholarships, zombie din du nuffin he just wanted some brains he a good zombie
>>
>>30513003
im not sure about the legality of the saiga, but i think as long as the stock isn't adjustable, having the magazine is ok.

However, I havent seen one in stock in the shops i go to for a while now.
>>
>>30507136

It's this generation's SPAS-12. Neat looking but not necessarily the most effective thing ever.
>>
>>30512752
You are actually an idiot that's mad that your mom won't buy you any more x54r
>>
>>30507061
DP-12 is shit that jams frequently and is a chore to clear it.
>>
>>30508677
Then they just mail back a standard response thanking you for your support of gun control.
>>
>>30513498
this
>>
>>30513003
They are legal. I've owned and converted a Saiga 12(they suck ass btw, don't buy). And I currently own a VEPR 12. They both require BB's no matter their config. A mag fed shotgun require a BB, with or without "evil" features.
You maybe a year at the least to buy before the new law goes into effect.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.