[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So nd'd into my fucking ceiling. Yes I know I'm a retard,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1467397891442.jpg (86 KB, 870x652) Image search: [Google]
1467397891442.jpg
86 KB, 870x652
So nd'd into my fucking ceiling. Yes I know I'm a retard, I didn't follow the safety rules, I'm fucking retarded. I shot birdshot through a 12ga right beside me into the fucking ceiling now I got the EEE... how likely is it that it'll be permanent? How long does it usually last?
>>
>>30505211
One of us
One of us
>>
>>30505217
I hope not. I'm so fucking stupid. God damn it. Anypne have a similar story to me? Did it get better for you?
>>
>>30505211
1. You're fucking retarded, kindly sudoku

2. Probably will go away, but that doesn't mean that you don't have permanent damage. You've certainly lost some hearing, for one.

Once, my right ear rang for a week and a half after a concert. Even though it stopped ringing, I notice that the ringing comes back intermittently for about a day after a day at the range (using both plugs and cans)
>>
>>30505211
The ringing will get quieter but never go away completely.

A man has got to know his limitations. If you are too retarded to follow simple safety rules (and come on, you knew this before you bought guns) you shouldn't have them.
>>
After being a dunce and shooting gun in the backyard for a few months I did develop slight hearing loss in one of my ears. I always covered on ear with my spare hand when shooting my pistols.

I'm sure you incurred some hearing loss but it probably won't be noticeable in everyday life. If it is noticeable then you probably have moderate to sever loss in that ear.
>>
Okay so it gets better slowly, but how long does the big chunk of EEE usually last? A couple hours? Minutes? Days?
>>
>>30505304
>Minutes

This if you dont have severe hearing loss.
>>
>>30505304
5-10 minutes. If it lasts longer than that it is permanent.
>>
>>30505211

Sell your guns and move to the UK. You arent welcome here anymore.
>>
File: 1459819654885.jpg (34 KB, 460x477) Image search: [Google]
1459819654885.jpg
34 KB, 460x477
>>30505211
Just because this thread is going to turn up an answer better than anywhere else.

When ever I am shooting, or otherwise exposed to loud noise it is the ear opposite from the sight of the sound that either hurts or gets the EEEEE.

If I listen to music loud with only one earbud the ear without will hurt. If I am shooting or around someone shooting the ear away from the source of sound hurts or EEEEEs while the other does not.

Maybe I am just fucked up or it is a usual occurrence, but something has always seemed off about it. Mildly drives me insane sometimes to have major EEEEEE in what feels like the wrong ear.
>>
>>30505217
No, most of us are actually responsible.
>>
>>30505250
The real shitty thing about hearing loss/tinnitis that people don't mention under all the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is the loss of hearing fidelity. I have fucked up ears from shooting and concerts and what really sucks is if someone's talking to me from behind or off to the side, I can't make out what they're saying until I face their direction.
>>
Quickly, take some Vitamin E and C

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17851951

>CONCLUSION: The results of this study suggest that the administration of vitamin E and vitamin C to patients with idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss (ISSHL) has beneficial effects by reducing the level of reactive oxygen metabolites produced by inner ear ischaemia and reperfusion injury after treatment.
>All the patients were treated with steroids and/or alprostadil. In the study group, patients additionally received vitamin E (tocopherol nicotinate, 600 mg/day) and vitamin C (1200 mg/day) orally.
>>
File: rock and roll.jpg (2 MB, 3008x2005) Image search: [Google]
rock and roll.jpg
2 MB, 3008x2005
>>30506602
>I have fucked up ears from shooting and concerts
rocker here, you have fucked up ears from shooting unless you are practically leaning against the PA.
>>
>>30506602
>I have fucked up ears from concerts
No you don't. A oldfag friend of mine has been doing concert production for 50 years and can still hear well enough to tune crossovers. He is in the firing line of the speakers from the start of the show to the end of the show.
>>
>>30505211
pics of ceiling
>>
>>30505211
You'll be fine. Your hearing will return in a few hours. Be glad you didn't shoot your face off, yard.
>>
File: back-yard[1].jpg (1 MB, 2896x1944) Image search: [Google]
back-yard[1].jpg
1 MB, 2896x1944
>>30507518
>>
https://mulberrypatchquilts.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/onethirdydup1.jpg
>>
>>30507600
>It's not how fast you mow, it is how well you mow fast
I now understand this
>>
Got permanent tinnitus and ear damage from ND'ing a 9mm in a small enclosed room, as well as a few shooting sessions with insufficient earpro. It really doesn't take much. You'll get used to it. After a few years it won't even bother you at night.
>>
>>30507600
This screams north Georgia/east Tennessee
>>
>>30507851
This. Tbh I miss it when I don't get it for a short while. You get used to it. At night I do put a podcast or something on to help sleep.
>>
>>30505211
So what you're saying is the first time you've ever fired a gun is just now when you accidentally put a hole in your ceiling.

Sounds about right for /k/.
>>
>>30508141
It could be the first time he fired a gun in an enclosed space without earpro. If it is, he's dumb, but not the kind of edgydumb I see a lot of here, acting macho about not using/not using enough earpro.
>>
>>30508012
I hardly remember life without tinnitus. I only notice when people bring it up, kind of like the "you're now consciously breathing" thing.
>>
>>30505211
Bitch if you ND"d my fucking floor, you better believe I'm coming over.
>>
>>30507379
What if I was on the stage? A monitor for every amp. Even with earplugs it is pretty loud.
>>
>>30508174
if you yelled at the top of your lungs could you be heard over it?

with a good sound system this wont be possible at greater than 6"
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.