[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The uninformed at it again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 1234x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 1234x706
http://www.strawpoll.me/10639496/

This cracks me up every time when they throw the same options which are either already in place or unconstitutional as fuck

Inb4 /pol/ bread
>>
>>30504493
I'm honestly depressed over the future of gun rights. It doesn't seem like they'll ever be back at their glory.

It's depressing people even consider these options
>>
>>30504512
If you look at it a certain way, things took a sharp dip in '86 with the machine gun ban, but have climbed back up nationwide as concealed carry permits have mushroomed over the past decade.

The handful of states that never really appreciated Freedom got worse, while the 45 or so other states expanded gun rights.
>>
what's the problem with better mental healthcare? Even if there wasn't mass amount of shootings by mentally unstable individuals, we still need better understanding on mental health. We're a step from electroshock and lobotomy, sure, but we still need a bigger driving focus on the whole field anyways..
>>
>>30504560
California to no surprise doing what if does best at doing a poor job.

my condolences for those in New York
>>
>>30504560
I know, but it still feels like one bad run in Congress will ruin everything.

I honestly wish states had almost all of the powers on gun rights, instead of all of these coastal liberals being able to control the whole country.
>>
>>30504610
Nothing wrong with better medical care especially in psychology. PTSD is still relatively untreated since we don't understand how to help those effectively with it. As it stands there are band aid like treatments but I won't credit myself as if I know the issue completely.

I fear that since the political side has hijacked the DSM for gender dysphoria we can only assume it can be used as a tool to label those mentally "unfit" while transsexuals can be seen as "healthy" individuals
>>
File: mkultra-8.jpg (98 KB, 856x619) Image search: [Google]
mkultra-8.jpg
98 KB, 856x619
>>30504610
>better mental healthcare
which is what? either you get a therapist to talk it out with them, give them pills if they have brain chemical problems, or assign them a social helper / put them in a group home if they have actual brain damage
thats it
there's nothing more you can do
all three 'cures' require money
so, if you want 'better mental healthcare' you're actually just asking for 'affordable healthcare'
most people with psychological issues don't have a lot of money for private healthcare
thus you're going to have to have the government step in and take care of them

do you really want the government to take a vested interest in your mental health?
>>
>>30504686
i want people who can't keep themselves from harming others to be locked up. i'm okay with taxpayers paying for that. or we could send them all to crazy island...
>>
>>30504493
This poll is incredibly poor quality.
>>
>>30504493
So we take over number 5?
>>
>>30504771
Don't you mean 6?
>>
>>30504610
>better mental healthcare
What you're talking about are sanatoriums, which have existed for centuries. We threw crazy people in there to keep them separate from the rest of us until they were defunded in the 80's so the crazies could live among us. Fucking stupid. People never asked "what if crazies/felons could get _____?" because the answer would always be "how are they supposed to get it from inside prison/sanatorium/in the afterlife?"

We just need to execute criminals more often and sooner, and keep the crazies locked up instead of relying solely on drugs and counseling.
>>
>>30504809
Shit. Yes. Sorry a bit drunk already.
>>
>>30504819
>We just need to execute criminals more often and sooner, and keep the crazies locked up instead of relying solely on drugs and counseling.

This is why more people should carry. More dead crims means less taxpayer money going to caring for them.
>>
>>30504686
Hey, I am all for options that are not here right now.

Take the VA, you go in there and there posters all around about how the VA is epitome of healthcare in the U.S.

"better mental healthcare" can simply mean better service availability, access and outreach to parties not likely to seek assistance voluntarily.

I see nothing wrong in programs that exceed no farther than this. I also realize that my rationale is not what anti-guns are after, because they don't see Mental-Illness as one of the real problem where as I do.

MI for anti-guns is just a means to an end, which makes them petty self-righteous assholes.
>>
>>30504686
Step one: public option healthcare, biggest hurdle to better mental healthcare is cost. Therapists are expensive.

Step two: Involuntary mental health screening for kids under the age of 13.

Step three: signed affidavits that a person is no longer a threat to themselves or others, allowing them full constitutional rights.

and thats basicly it.
>>
>>30504911
>"better mental healthcare" can simply mean better service availability, access and outreach to parties not likely to seek assistance voluntarily.
which circles right back to money
it's just not in the budget
catering for filibustering isn't cheap you know
>>
>>30504999
Look, the dems need their cookies and milk or else they will be too cranky when its nap time.
>>
>>30504493
I love how option >all restrictions
has over 30%

Literally only 1 reasonable option and its at least half of all restrictions. Americans all over are waking up and seeing the con for what it is. This isn't about guns anymore lol. This is about the insult our political Elite continue to push. It will not be tolerated.
>>
>>30504999
we can just skip a war (sorry, police action) every 10 years and it'll pay for itself.
>>
how come none of these options are "Treat crazies with .45 Aspirin"
>>
>>30504999
Anti-Guns are never going to get their non-gun utopia.

Pro-Guns will never get the antis to let up. "Better mental healthcare" is the compromise, but only in name.

It is technically a policy of appeasement, but without movement the anti-guns will only gain traction as further incidents occur.

A middle-ground or no-mans-land must be found by both sides (in some seemingly public fashion) whereby both sides can be seen by their own supporters to be working towards the solutions in a meaningful manner.

For which there is no real solution (anti-gun or otherwise) for over 300 million+ firearms in the U.S.
>>
>>30505182
I have a good compromise in mind. The absolute repeal of all gun control, basically turning the country into 1933 Vermont. In return, the anti-guns get a free ticket to Europe to live in an anti-gun paradise.

Win-win!
>>
>no "Remove Niggers" option

Try again.
>>
>no repeal all gun free zones
>no national stand your ground laws
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 820x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 820x625
>>30505077
>>30505144
Dubs o truth

>>30505384
Even if they are under the pressure of an uncompromising thug they might reconsider
>>
>>30504980

>Step two: Involuntary mental health screening for kids under the age of 13.

Make it 18, the mental profile of a kid =/= the mental profile of same kid as an adult.
>>
>>30506142
and a person at 18 don't act or think the same way they do at 25 or 40
it's like humans are some kind of learning machine or something
don't forget you can spontaneously develop schizophrenia into your early twenties too
>>
>>30504493
This has to be the eighteenth time this shit has been posted here. No one cares about your strawpoll OP.
>>
>>30506232
Kek I haven't posted in months and even checked the catalog

For the topic how would you make the other side see eye to eye that at least gun free zones don't work. Maybe not the other topics like the NFA or Hughes act.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.