[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home defense shotgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: wm_7872697.jpg (477 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wm_7872697.jpg
477 KB, 1920x1080
Well I'm looking to invest in a home defense shotgun. I'm looking for advice, recommendations, accessories for said shotgun. I own an old 20 gauge shotgun my grandfather passed on to me. But I'm looking to upgrade to a 12 gauge. I hear pistol grip shotguns are kinda more fir show than a standard stock shotgun. Anyway what do you guys recommend?
>>
>>30501676
DP 12, best home defense shotgun, pump action double barrel.
>>
>>30501821
Okay, how much does it go for?
>>
KSGs are significantly cheaper.
>>
Beretta 1301 tactical. A pistol grip model is also offered that has all the extras most people would want to add.
>>
>>30502078
Is it pretty reliable? Compared to a Mossberg?
>>
>>30501821
1100-1300, expensive, but well built and 14+2 of 12 gauge.
>>
>>30502111
It is supposed to be pretty reliable. I haven't done extensive testing reliability testing myself, of course, so I guess I don't know.
>>
File: This is my BOOM STICK.jpg (9 KB, 618x343) Image search: [Google]
This is my BOOM STICK.jpg
9 KB, 618x343
Mossberg 590A1:when you absolutely, positively, need to have 9 shots of fuck you, ready at all times.
>>
Hijacking thread for similar question , should I buy a Mav 88 from dicks sporting goods? It's right there n the wall and I can't resist much longer. Also is it legal to store a shotgun in your trunk in NH as long as sad shotgun is unloaded.
>>
>>30502222
Go 590, worth it for the extra money
>>
>>30502222
In NH, yes. Long guns can be stored in vehicles but must be unloaded. Handguns must be unloaded unless you have cc permit
>>
>>30502184
Mossberg 930 for when you need to do ^above but in under ten seconds.
>>
>>30501676
Get a six bore
>>
>>30501861
1100-1400 hundred for 14+2 of 12 gauge. Double barrel
>>
I got a maverick 88.Cheap and good.Pretty much a Mossberg cept a few parts
>>
>>30502233

Why?
>>
>>30501676

do not... do NOT get a pistol grip shotgun for home defense...

in THEORY they are a great idea, but lets run thru a scenario...

>>Hear glass of front door break
>>Jump up immedietly grabing pistol grip shotgun.
>>Go thru house to figure out WTF is going on
>> Find someone in house all bad guy like
>>Raise gun and fire
>>Gun recoils back due to no stock and hits you in the fucking jaw
>>Wake up in hospital with a broken face and a jaw wired shut.

I'm not saying that will happen 100% but even a small % chance of it happening made me get a regular old stocked shotgun.

I know people will respond and say "hurr durr it wont happen" but if you are woke out of a fucking dead ass sleep you may not have all your bearings about you and forget the shotgun can break your god damn face.
>>
>>30506659

So fire it from the hip and don't be a retard?
>>
>>30506700
>he doesn't ads no matter the range

Faggot
>>
>>30506700

If thats the case you can do the same thing with a stock....so...why get a pistol grip one other than it looks cool. I own one so dont get me wrong its nice but for a OH GOD SOMEONES IN MY HOUSE situation it isnt the go to for me.

If you / op wants to get one for home defense more power to you just please dont break your fucking face. I'm sure that shit hurts like a bitch and wouldnt wish that on ya.
>>
So do you guys use buckshot or no1 and no4 in most of those online faqs?

I never see no1 or no4 buck in teh wild. Usually online.

You guys in fudd state/towns are they in your big box stores only? mom and pop?

>tldr everyones always recommending no1 and no4 buck but anon hasn't really seen it around much.
>>
>>30502152
Own one. Can't be racked while pointing down or else it jams. Awesome range toy, but my 590A1 is still my sleepy time shotgun.
>>
>>30506793
I use 4 buck but I live in a state without castle doctrine, so my HD plan is shelter in place with bead on the door while calling 911. If I have to shoot, errant shot has to go through four sections of drywall, a shower stall, and refrigerator followed by an exterior wall if it's going to leave the apartment. Max range from bed to door about 15 feet.
>>
File: RaptorTopFold.jpg (40 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
RaptorTopFold.jpg
40 KB, 800x600
>>30506756
I think that vertical pistol grips on 12g shotguns are a bad idea as well, but I really enjoyed my raptor grip. I just wish they made a folded stock version.
>>
>>30506659

have you ever shot a pistol grip shotgun, the recoil isn't that much
>>
>>30506659
>thinks PGO is like firing a howitzer

noguns detected

I practically shoot PGO shotguns more than regular stocked shotguns, and not with low recoil stuff either. The only load that stings the palms is 2oz maximum load turkey shot. Kicks about 50% more than 3" magnum slugs.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.