[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
P-64
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: p64.jpg (50 KB, 768x561) Image search: [Google]
p64.jpg
50 KB, 768x561
I'm thinking about picking one of these up because the prices seem pretty good, but I've not heard much about them. How good are they and would it be viable for CC?
>>
>>30499848
Here we go again...
>>
File: 1459105979305.png (383 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1459105979305.png
383 KB, 800x800
>>30499848
they're pretty good. Their only real flaw is an extremely heavy DA trigger pull, which isn't really an issue since you can fix that with a spring swap.

>>30500006
I think we've had at least one P-64 thread at all times for at least 2 months
>>
Expect a very snappy action.

I think you could pick better, it only holds 6 rounds of 9x18, at which point, why not get a 6 shot revolver in 38 special +P or 357mag. You would get more stopping power all around in something about the same size.

Another option would be to look at a CZ82, which is almost the same thing but more reliable, more comfortable, and twice the capacity.
-You can get the CZ82 in 9x19 or the CZ83 in 380. 9x19 tends to perform a little better, but 380 is easier to find defensive ammunition for.
>>
File: ruger lcp custom.jpg (315 KB, 1400x1006) Image search: [Google]
ruger lcp custom.jpg
315 KB, 1400x1006
>>30500551
>it only holds 6 rounds of 9x18, at which point, why not get a 6 shot revolver in 38 special +P or 357mag.
Or a Ruger LCP for the same $200 price point that these go for. Same capacity, better trigger and sights, a fraction of the size/weight, a more standard (easier to get used to) manual of arms), and very comparable firepower (6+1 of .380, which is a little weaker than 9x18, but not by much).

Don't get me wrong, though. The P-64 is a cool gun to add to any collection, especially for the price. I'm just saying that it's not my first choice as babby's first CCW. And even though the price is nice, you really do get about what you pay for, whereas with the Ruger, you are getting a lot of value in terms of a reliable pistol in an extremely competitive size/weight range.
>>
File: ss (2016-07-01 at 08.20.03).jpg (834 KB, 1920x1079) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-01 at 08.20.03).jpg
834 KB, 1920x1079
They are very slim and shoot well, are very reliable, and are heavier than modern counterparts.

Drawbacks are are very shitty 27lb DA trigger and and heel magazine release, and 6+1 capacity. Safety/decocker can be a bit stiff on some of them. Sights are also tiny

Other than that at $230 or so, its a ok value for a CCW. You get a bit of history too.
>>
>>30500551
Hornady critical defense comes in makarov.
>>
>>30500095
>they're pretty good. Their only real flaw is an extremely heavy DA trigger pull, which isn't really an issue since you can fix that with a spring swap.

Can you do the same for a Makarov? Because that DA trigger pull is a whore and I don't want to carry Condition 0.
>>
>>30500667
>tiny little polymer gun with lots of flip
>versus steel pistol that's much more controllable

uhm
>>
>>30500752
27lbs, seriously? That's insane.
>>
>>30502603
Lower force replacement springs are just a few bucks, though.

It's the plastic hand guards that will get you. The grips aren't sized perfectly to the frame and they can rotate slightly exposing the back of the frame. It'll eat the meaty part of your hand between your thumb and forefinger raw if you don't use shooting gloves or get a beaver tail grip for it.
>>
>>30502415
I actually have a box of them for my CZ-82. However they do not feed in the 82 and when I try to load them it gets stuck and pushes the bullet farther back into the casing.
>>
>>30502603
It does have the added benefit of letting you have it loaded with the safety off in DA.
>>
>>30502592
If you haven't shot either of them, then don't reply.
>>
>>30502751
If 27lbs isn't an exaggeration, I'm not sure that's a reasonable tradeoff.

replacement spring seems like a must.
>>
>>30499848

I've owned one for a year now. Its surprisingly accurate and extremely slim. Well made and overall great fit and finish. However thats where the quality stops. The gun really sucks to actually shoot. The recoil is sharp and due to the small size, theres a lot of pressure concentrated on the web of your hand. The sights are also tiny so you have to really focus while aiming. Its great for MD citizens because we dont need a cuck permit to buy it, but theres much better options for free state citizens.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.