[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you try to rationize gun ownership of the civilian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 450x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 450x377
How would you try to rationize gun ownership of the civilian population; to another country?
>>
>>30499788
Freedom matters more than security. People who disagree are whiny babies.

Also, no one is responsible for your own safety but you.
>>
>>30499788
You know it's funny how it's a-okay to show a white guy missing teeth and having inbred ears but if you showed a black guy in a political cartoon with a big gold grill and a nappy head of hair the nig nogs would throw a fit.

Also I don't need to rationalize shit, faggot.
>>
>>30499788
Collection, hunting, hobbies (Including competitive sports) and self defense. Really, that's all there is, m8. Japan should just reduce their restrictions since they're fucking over the country folk and the people interested in sports shooting. Why do you think the JDSF is full of gun otakus?
>>
>>30499788
>That cartoon
What is low hanging fruit?
>>
Canadafag here. We have limitations but civilian populace absolutely does own funs. We use them for sport, hunting, home defense and collecting. I rationalize it by saying that we have a fucking right to do whatever we want as long as we're not actively hurting, harassing or stealing from anyone else or generally fucking with their shit, and I think Americans feel the same way.
>>
Op here, forgot to mention this is a essay for grad school and I figure it would be about defending the 2nd amendment
>>
>>30499788
I would not.
Rationalization means that my position is controversial, or by default is wrong. The democratization of force is its default state. The transformation of it into a privilege is an abberation of filthy statist scum trying to hoard all the everything.

I find your presupposition that firearms rights need defending offensive.
>>
File: 1455382725328.png (157 KB, 346x352) Image search: [Google]
1455382725328.png
157 KB, 346x352
>>30499788
Is that a front sight post on the flash hider...?
>>
I'm a cop. I can garentee you police do not have your best interests or safety in mind. Saving citizens is around #8 or 9 on our to do list in those situations. Best be able to defend yourselves.
>>
>>30499903
for extra long range assault-type massacres where usual front sight post is used as rear sight
>>
>>30499788
I'm a grown man and I do what I want up to the point where it starts messing with other people.

Quite frankly if the rest of the world wants to ban guns and then get shot up like France then that's their business.
>>
>>30499903
Weiss a shit
>>
File: 1464038815650.jpg (99 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1464038815650.jpg
99 KB, 600x600
>>30499903
Huh. I think it is. How redundant.
>>
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

When the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Tyrannical government killing their own citizens has been one of the top killers in world history. Germany, Russia, China, Rwanda, Uganda, Ottomon Turkey, Cambodia, Cuba, the list goes on and on throughout the history of civilization. To think at any time that a country is 'immune' to tyranny is what every country thinks before they live under one.

In an IDEAL world, one without crime, violence, perfectly moral governments and people, I would agree that having guns (save for sport/hunting) wouldn't be the best idea. But we live in a world of crime, corruption, violence, and control. The founding fathers of America knew that no country is ever going to be immune to tyranny, no matter what, so they made it an inalienable right of the people to protect themselves, their family, their property, and their way of life from anything that might threaten it. And before anyone says 'Well regulated militia', Washington himself fought against armed civilians at times and he very easily could have simply taken their guns away, but he didn't because he knew they were a right.
>>
File: 1459209788893.jpg (31 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
1459209788893.jpg
31 KB, 615x456
>>30499939
>>
>>30499788

Dangerous freedom is more important than peaceful slavery, and that goes beyond guns. No watchlists, spying, censorship, no one trying to regulate what I put into my own body, and manually operated cars on the road forever. Problem is you appear heartless when you look someone in the eye and say you don't give a shit about their dead kids.
>>
>>30499788
>inproper TD
Well no wonder he is an idiot
>>
>>30499788

You should take conditions of the particular country in consideration, since there are considerable differences. Beyond some basic principles such as personal freedom etc spectrum of rational reasons varies too much from one country & culture to another.

While in US 2nd amendment considers civilian ownership of firearms to be a safeguard against corrupt government, here (Funland) one of the main rationalizations for firearm ownership is that it allows reservists to maintain & develop their shooting skills beyond what military can provide for them. Hence kind of a opposites in some sense - anti-establishment vs pro-establishment.
>>
File: 1449355086974.gif (603 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1449355086974.gif
603 KB, 320x240
>>30499788
>2016
>implying the government isn't out to get you
wew
>>
>>30499788
>there are people in america who are GENUINELY influenced, mind body and soul by polical media such as this

out there right now you know someone sees this cartoon and gets really worked up about gun rights and the NRA
>>
>>30499976
>Problem is you appear heartless when you look someone in the eye and say you don't give a shit about their dead kids.

This is what I hate most about it. People propose laws and regulations that won't help and infringe on basic human rights, but if you refuse to do 'something', which is defined by agreeing unconditionally with whatever kneejerk reaction they think of, you're heartless and don't care about crime. After Sandy Hook and all these other shootings, I wanted something to be done, but everyone else was shouting 'BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN' louder so if I don't agree with taking away rights, I'm a monster.
>>
File: 1431536694989.png (239 KB, 555x358) Image search: [Google]
1431536694989.png
239 KB, 555x358
>>30499939
>>
I would go full iron-fisted tyrant and brutally subjugate the masses until they stole my army's guns and deposed me.

Some lessons can't be taught, only learned.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 193x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 193x224
>>30499939
>>
File: tumblr_o9ram0EJSv1qinrtgo1_400.jpg (117 KB, 400x555) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9ram0EJSv1qinrtgo1_400.jpg
117 KB, 400x555
Jesus. I really don't care too much about what happens. As long as I can keep a full auto and more than 20+ guns.
Also /k/ is this actually good advice?
Or is tumblr still doing dumb shit?
>>
>>30500054
>ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
What the fuck is the deal with this e-tough guy mentality with all this far-left maymay images?
>>
Since leftards keep trying to twist the second amendment, arguing on its wording, etc, here is something else from another relevant country when it comes to individual freedoms.

"Every citizen has the right own weapons at home and use them, either for common defense, his own defense, against any illegal agression which would put in jeopardy the life, members or freedom of one or several citizens"

Article X of the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, 1789.

That article was discarded in the final draft for the following reasons :

"The right declared in discarded article X was obvious in its nature, and one of the main guarantors of political and civil freedom, that no other institution can replace."

The writers of the declaration outlined that owning weapons was a natural right, existing everywhere since an extremely long time, it is "a superior and unyielding principle, which forces itself not only upon the authority of a determined state, but to the authorities of all states."

Is this clear enough? We don't need any reasons, we don't need to convince anyone. This is a natural right of humanity, period.
>>
>>30499976
>Problem is you appear heartless when you look someone in the eye and say you don't give a shit about their dead kids.
Better heartless than spineless.
>>
>>30500054
They're right, but for the wrong reasons;

Your carry weapon is to defend YOURSELF with. If you can get the hell out of dodge, fucking do it. Not because DA BOLIS IS GON SEE IT AND SHOOTS YOU DUMB REDNECK HAHA, but because the best gunfight is one you don't participate in.
>>
>>30500054
>Also /k/ is this actually good advice?

Yes, but that image ignores that pretty much every CC instructor will tell you that your weapon is there for you and you alone and that you should GTFO if shit's going down, whether that's a mass shooting or just some shit in the street. Nobody tells people to go looking for trouble, but if it finds you you'd better be ready.
>>
File: 1454700357552.jpg (231 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1454700357552.jpg
231 KB, 700x525
>>30499939
>>
>>30500044
As edgy as it sounds, this.

The only way people will learn how much value civilian armament has is to take it away and leave the door open to tyranny. It is the duty of the people to overthrow a tyrannical government. At this point, there is nothing tyrannical enough for people to want to stage an insurrection, but the government can only overreach as much as the people allow.

>>30500054
Of course it's good advice. No one says to 'go hunting' with an open weapon. If a shooter comes around, the best tactic is to surprise them them and after you can confirm there's no threat, immediately drop your weapon and surrender to the police so you can clear this shit up.

That is if you even want to be a hero and fight to begin with. If you're just trying to protect yourself and escape, that's your prerogative and I don't knock that either. Because trying to pull that shit is dangerous and reckless.
>>
>>30499788
>>
File: freedom motherfucker.jpg (1 MB, 1456x1424) Image search: [Google]
freedom motherfucker.jpg
1 MB, 1456x1424
>>30499788
>How would you try to rationize gun ownership of the civilian population; to another country?

The only truly free man is an armed man.
>>
>>30500131
>>
>>30500054
It's eh advice. It's entirely possible police would shoot you, but it's also entirely possible that they'll yell PUT THE GUN DOWN before lighting you up. It's also entirely likely the police will take longer than five to ten minutes to respond and you are on your own for that time for longer.

All I know is if someone goes apeshit I'd like to have a gun in my hands than wait for the police to show up, even if it means there's a chance the police will shoot me.
>>
File: image.jpg (900 KB, 3379x1740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
900 KB, 3379x1740
By showing them this picture.
>>
>>30499788

Excluding all the sporting reasons, my core explanation would be that self defense is a human right and the only one who can take responsibility for it is yourself. Also natural negative rights, so I'm free to do as I please as long as I don't harm anyone else.
>>
I like how there's always a hick in these cartoons. Hicks are more of a danger to themselves than to others. The real problem is the criminal urbanites (black/white/whatever) and they're always ignored. The same with handguns, they can't ban them but they'll try to ban "assault features". Just as a passive aggressive fuck you to gun owners.
>>
>>30500133
thats why amerifats are so free huh
>>
>>30500054
The "first responders" will be there to mop up.

Active shooter events are over in a few minutes at most.

Don't want another good guy to shoot you? Don't draw until you intend to shoot.

If I were in Pulse, I'd seek out the fucker and try to drop him (or at least divert his attention). I have nothing to lose, and I'm not going to idly stand by while others are being slaughtered without the ability to fight back.
>>
File: Wormer.jpg (14 KB, 250x204) Image search: [Google]
Wormer.jpg
14 KB, 250x204
>>30500054

RUN/HIDE/FIGHT is a sound strategy.

The active shooter better hope he doesn't find me. He'll be terribly disappointed.

> "hogtied face down on the floor with a smoking hole in your upper lip is no way to go into the afterlife, son."

- The Ghost of Dean Wormer.
>>
>>30500231
>The real problem is the criminal urbanites (black/white/whatever) and they're always ignored.
That's because those people always vote Democrat and the antis don't want to piss off their base.
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/146307088451/why-gun-control-cant-be-solved-in-the-usa
>>
File: 1467318672363.png (84 KB, 1348x428) Image search: [Google]
1467318672363.png
84 KB, 1348x428
little us specific but otherwise a pretty tight argument
>>
File: qpbXklX.jpg (505 KB, 2707x1800) Image search: [Google]
qpbXklX.jpg
505 KB, 2707x1800
>>30499788

I've been contemplating for the last 10 minutes whether he intentionally drew that thing based on an a caricature of an SR-47 instead of an AR-15.
>>
>>30500001
Read that in Dale's voice, and great of Judge for making this character right in just about everything.
>>
>>30500005
Yep, I do know such people, and one of them is a lawyer who also wants to strike down the 1st amendment and other amendments.

Why do these fuckers never just willingly choose the leave the USA for a country that is more aligned to their political leanings, instead of staying in a country in which they utterly despise its foundations?
>>
>>30499788
Civilian gun ownership in this country is a negative right guaranteed by our constitution. The onus is on them to rationalize taking them from us.
>>
Simple, really: shall not be infringed.
>>
>>30500001
>>30500000
>>30499999
Just checking.
>>
>>30500054

I agree that you shouldn't go hunting for the shooter, but the idea that pulling a gun to stop the shooter will get you shot by a cop or another concealed carrier is a fantasy. I've never seen someone claimed that produce a single case where it actually happened. And it's just anti-cc bullshit anyways because they're saying it's best to let the shooter continue his rampage and wait for the police to show up and shoot the guy than shoot the guy yourself and create a fantasy situation where you get shot in confusion.
>>
>>30500054
This image sounds like a liberal that took a CC class, and now convinced itself that everyone right of him is going to try and be Bruce Willis from Die Hard because he cannot let go his own political disdain towards the right.

Otherwise, if you ignore the box paragraph, it's correct enough.
>>
>>30500253
I feel like an idiot, but is Scott Adams being serious about Hillary, or is it a snide remark towards dems in general?
>>
File: 3JSYQzN.jpg (36 KB, 720x393) Image search: [Google]
3JSYQzN.jpg
36 KB, 720x393
>>30499788
>>
>>30500399
If you read the rest of his master-persuader series on Trump it becomes obvious that he's a huge Trump supporter, but he pretends otherwise as a tactic.
>>
File: Political Cartoons.png (480 KB, 680x491) Image search: [Google]
Political Cartoons.png
480 KB, 680x491
>>30499788
>>30500005
God, political cartoons make me cringe with how stupid they are, but this one... ugh. It disturbs me.

>Mental health

This is how the left actually sees us. Scary, isn't it? To them we are nothing more than a preconceived image; a gaggle of retarded rednecks who know nothing of our own best interests.

This is a perfect example of a dangerous mindset of "People who disagree with me are stupid/retarded". It shows a complete lack of critical thinking, and a toxic, simplistic authoritarian way of thinking.

This is why registration and non-anonymous mental health screening will inevitably be abused to strip people of their rights. Uh oh, that guy has guns? Is he a registered Republican, Libertarian, or Independent? Better not hire him! Better take his guns if he goes to see his psychiatrist! It's ripe for abuse, considering the viewpoint shown in the OP comic.

>>30500054
This person has completely forgone googling "mass shooting stopped by CCer". Most of the time, the shooting has stopped before the cops arrive, and the CCer has already done his job and has holstered his weapon.
>Complaining about LE AMMOSEGZUALS
Tumblr tier garbage
>>
>>30500418
I did read it, and it was a pretty well written piece, but towards the ends I have seen people genuinely say and believe stuff like that (the in my best interest part). I guess Poe's Law is getting too strong.
>>
>>30500354

Which is why LITERALLY every "If you have to shoot someone in self defense" lecture includes putting your weapon down and calmly waiting for the police to arrive. When they do you lay down on the ground and offer no resistance. You don't run up to them waving your gun and go in for the epic high fives!

In an active shooter scenario the generalised advice is "run, hide, fight" You certainly never actively attempt to hunt down the active shooter on your own.
>>
>>30500256
this one is a keeper
>>
File: Galil.gif (349 KB, 260x400) Image search: [Google]
Galil.gif
349 KB, 260x400
>>30500464
Exactly
>>
File: c67.jpg (15 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
c67.jpg
15 KB, 604x438
>>30499788
How would a British person rationalize gun ownership to me as a Californian?
>>
>>30499788
It's a hobby, there are legitimate sporting uses. Hunting/sport shooting/pest control, etc.

It is also considerably less dangerous than a box of matches and ten minutes of googling in terms of utility in slaughtering hordes of people.

It ensures there is a base of firearm literate people in the country from which to draw a militia in the event of foreign invasion or mass civil unrest.

They are a potent means of self defense. Because at the end of the day, you're the only one that keeps you alive, and you can't carry a civil law enforcement agent who may or may not even be legally obligated to protect you in your pocket. This is particularly important for those who are less physically capable, like the elderly or those with disabilities.
>>
>>30499788
freedom.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1200x873) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1200x873
>>30500117
>>30500053
>>30500037
>>30499972
>This triggers the Weiss fags
Rubes is superior waifu and the most /k/ of them all. Weiss a filthy elitist and Blake is a used goods commie and Yang a bimbo
>>
>>30500495
https://gifsound.com/?gif=https://i.4cdn.org/k/1467657673264.gif&v=2HQaBWziYvY&s=23
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (992 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
992 KB, 250x250
>>30500533
I had a chuckle
>>
>>30500422

Political cartoonists are the worst in general. They are terrible artists without any wit to make up for it, and feel their opinion is more valid simply because they can draw it and have it featured on a newspaper.
>>
File: 1462.jpg (25 KB, 253x420) Image search: [Google]
1462.jpg
25 KB, 253x420
>>30499939
>>
>>30499788
self defense is a basic human right

if you do not have the right to defend yourself you are a peon and slave to the State

guns are the best thing we currently have for self defense

then I would scream the following: "Hitler took the guns Stalin took the guns, Mao took the guns, Fidel Castro took the guns, Hugo Chavez took the guns, and I'm here to tell you, 1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms!"
>>
>>30499788
Switzerland
>>
>>30499788

That cartoon is right but for the wrong reasons.

It's why I'm always leery of people who say "We need mental health checks for guns!" because while on the surface it sounds like a no-brainer, once you think about it for more than 5 seconds you realize how easily it could be abused.

>What's that, you want an evil assault weapon? That's a new mental condition per the new DSM-VI. Right revoked.
>>
File: ian frankly.jpg (126 KB, 540x791) Image search: [Google]
ian frankly.jpg
126 KB, 540x791
>>30500054

No, this is fucking retarded. If you have a CCW, you're not "going hunting" for the shooter. You're going to extricate yourself from the situation while protecting yourself and your loved ones. If someone is between yourself and the exit who looks like he's probably the shooter and is posing a threat to you and you are prepared to go to court and prove that you had no other choice to protect your life than to shoot him, then by all means shoot him, but that picture smacks of someone who's never actually held a gun, watches too many Hollywood movies, and probably follows the "Being Liberal" page on Facebook.
>>
>>30500422

>That pic
>BenGarrison.jpg
>>
>>30499882
Fellow Canadian here, I'm pretty sure the governments official stance is that self-defense is not a valid reason to own a firearm. People who have used guns in self defense here are often victimized twice, once by the criminal and again by the RCMP
>>
>>30499808
this

>>30499815
and this
>>
If a person in a democratic society decides whom it is lawful for to own a firearm, than they too are capable of owning a firearm.

A gun is no different than a sword, and as in ancient times, citizens were permitted to carry a sword as to show they are members to a sovereign state. The USA is constituted to be a government of peers. The idea of elected officials is to simplify the legislative and judiciary actions of a consolidated people.

A person should love the law being that the law is of their people, but the laws against gun-ownership is law that is reflective to the fact of a democratic people that is in distrust to one another and with itself. The commission of a weapon in a crime is not faulted the weapon, but to the senselessness of a person not willing to be compliant to the tranquility of a lawful public. By which, a public is entitled to secure itself means of passive defense to active, negligent wrongdoers, which is structured by the doctrine in continuum of force.
>>
>>30499788
It's one of our Constitutional rights.

Done.
>>
>>30500517
But that's not Nora.
It's not even Phyrra either.
>>
>>30500933

It's one of our rights*

The Constitution doesn't grant them to us, it acknowledges we have them and that the government must acknowledge we have them.
>>
>>30500001
This. I don't believe in ZOG conspiracies or other infowars crap but I do believe that the government is made up of people, and if you don't trust the average Joe Six-pack on the street you shouldn't trust Joseph Short-case either. The fact the latter wears a $1000 suit on TV and promised to "fight for you in Washington" doesn't preclude the realization that they are still people you don't know.

You should only tolerate government; never trust it.
>>
>>30499788
I am Brazilian and I perfectly understand the viewpoint expressed on OP's image and find it to be reasonable. Happy 4th of July btw Burgerbros.
>>
>>30499788

The same way I'd argue for decriminalization or legalization of drugs, including alcohol. Assuming there is a significant level of inelastic demand for the restricted item, the costs of prohibition nearly always outweigh any benefits.
>>
File: ftfy2.jpg (74 KB, 451x377) Image search: [Google]
ftfy2.jpg
74 KB, 451x377
>>30499788
>>
>>30500987

I would be happy to see you live here.
>>
>>30500974
And this is what just about most citizens fail to realize. We are not given these rights, for what can government give what we already have. These rights are our natural rights, and given mention so government cannot overstep their boundaries.
>>
>>30500422
>This is how the left actually sees us. Scary, isn't it? To them we are nothing more than a preconceived image; a gaggle of retarded rednecks who know nothing of our own best interests.
It's because conservatives use guns for self defense and entertainment, and leftists use them to murder each other. So it makes sense that they'd think that the only reason someone wants a gun is to kill someone else, despite that reasoning being totally asinine.
>>
File: 1357441230184.jpg (508 KB, 640x1180) Image search: [Google]
1357441230184.jpg
508 KB, 640x1180
>>30501007
>>
Citizens of a high-trust society can be entrusted with weapons. We've degenerated a long way from posse comitatus and frankpledge.

Oh, and if you don't have a high-trust society that means you need to rev up the gas chambers.
>>
>>30501041

Scott Adams reasoning was true, but I think he ignores the complete regional differences between middle class ( i.e. the ones that vote) progressives and conservatives in this country.

One tends toward more rural settings, and the other tend to live in higher population areas with statistically little chance of needing a weapon. The latter has a hard time seeing utility in firearms because they have no experience with a rural setting or a high crime area.
>>
>>30500497
remove kebab
>>
File: 37104387.jpg (135 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
37104387.jpg
135 KB, 500x375
This should suffice.
>>
>>30499788
> horsey
>>
>>30501081
> Mass executions
> Reinstating trust

I feel like there are less self-defeating options there, Secretary Pol Pot. At least marching them across a desert might buy you a little bit of moral wiggle room when the rest of the globe comes knocking.
>>
>>30501126
> Implying Switzerland cares, outside of asking if any of your wealthy elite care to open a tax free bank account
>>
>>30499908
This, especially if you live in a poor and/or ethnic neighborhood

Probably an urban legend or just straight up a joke but there's this old saw that goes like this: some old black man called the cops once because he heard someone breaking into the house and the cops said they couldn't send anyone for 30 minutes. The man hung up, counted to fifteen and then called back and said they didn't need to bother coming since he has shot the intruder dead.

The police showed up in five minutes and arrested the guy in the act of B&E. Then the cop on the scene said "we were told someone had been shot dead."

"That's funny, because I was told no cops could get here for half an hour."
>>
>>30501096
That's a reasonable perspective to keep in mind. When I bbuilt an AK while still living at home because of school the first thing my Democrat suburbanite parents said was "why do you want a gun? Are you buying that AK because you want to kill someone?" I was shocked they asked me such a thing in the first place.
>>
>>30500946
>Pyrrha
>Falling for an ash tray
Nora second best girl
>>
>>30499788
>owning a gun is a mental problem
>wanting to change gender isn't

Thank you left
>>
>rationize
>>
>>30501217

Same rifle, same scenario, except I got the same question from a good ol' boy's Republican wife.

I said, "Excellent caliber for culling hogs."

She nodded, and we changed the subject to decent local breweries.
>>
>>30500422
Political cartoons aren't meant to be art. They are meant to propagandize. If you want to do that effectively, you need to cater to the lowest common denominator.

>b-but I really like a lot of the old political cartoons, I think they are really nicely drawn and have clever messages and imagery

That's nice faggot, but your artistic appreciation of political cartoons not the purpose or intent of those cartoons.
>>
>>30500715
Self defense isn't a valid reason to request a "restricted" endorsement on your PAL/license. You can own a firearm for whatever reason you want, they can't restrict that. I'd rather spend a day in court than the rest of my life bleeding on the floor watching my family die. FYI the police never get the case past the hearing, judge looks at the evidence and tells them to stuff it. According to most departmental policy you don't even have to be arrested, just charged and given a notice to appear.

>>30500796
In most parts of europe normal people were not allowed to carry swords it public. They carried daggers. The Franks carried swords though, and the term frank is now generally equated with free (as in freedom). Democracy is just another way to control people, not to make them free.
>>
>>30501188
The swiss are some smart people. I'm sure they understand the consequences of the entirety of their surrounding countries falling under nazi control and are glad hitler was never able to begin the months/years long siege required to take their country.
>>
>>30500983
underrated

human nature is a mother fucker.

trust no one
>>
File: 1465500530859.jpg (131 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1465500530859.jpg
131 KB, 850x850
>>30500517
>anyone other than best girl
>>
>>30499889
First of all, fuck a bunch of rationalizing, or defending, or explaining. It's a Constitutional right, the law of the land.

Turn it around. Whoever assigned you this project needs to rationalize why they think it's necessary to delete or alter 1/10th of the Bill of Rights. They'd also better include safeguards for insuring that the rest of the BoR doesn't get similarly gutted.

Is this purportedly about muh chillens? I don't think so. If saving lives was the driving force, why is tobacco still being grown and sold in this country? It kills 16 times as many people annually as guns, and is significantly less regulated. Tobacco has no redeeming social or recreational value, there are no Olympic smoking events. It only serves to addict users and then kill them.

What about alcohol? Kills about 3 times as many people per year as guns. Drunk driving deaths alone are comparable to gun homicides. Alcohol consumption is the most cited factor in suicidal behavior.

You want to save lives? Ban alcohol. Oh, wait. We tried that once.

How about this, OP- give an overview of the Volstead Act, then explain why it failed while increasing crime. Finally, draw a parallel between that and current gun control efforts.
>>
>>30499976
>>Problem is you appear heartless when you look someone in the eye and say you don't give a shit about their dead kids

There you can say you're sorry about the kids, but your guns didn't kill them. And neither did several thousands of others. The kids were killed by a bad guy with bad intentions.

Or would they punish every driver and car owner because of the drunk drivers or people that drive and text? More people are killed by medical mistakes, you don't see us looking to ban doctors do you?
>>
File: p210-2-hc-left-full-hi.jpg (3 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
p210-2-hc-left-full-hi.jpg
3 MB, 3008x2000
>>30499788
Swissfag here, most of us have a full auto SIG550 given by the gov't
We can own close to any guns
BUT WE CAN'T CARRY FFS !
I would rationize this first
>>
>>30499788
Self defence is a human right.
Experts in violence agree that self-loading rifles and pistols are the optimal tools for self defence.
Ergo, attacks on SLRs are attacks on a human right.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 483x507) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 483x507
>>30501655
>Penny
More like in quarters
>>
Freedom requires no justification.
>>
>>30499788
Jokes on the artist, the government is actually out to get gun owners
>>
>>30500517
Too bad the actual art isn't that good
>>
>>30502238
As in the animation? Or the Rooster Teeth concept art? I know they've improved with their switch to Maya.
>>
File: nemesis.jpg (466 KB, 900x2410) Image search: [Google]
nemesis.jpg
466 KB, 900x2410
>>30500422
>>
>>30502281
>Rooster Teeth concept art?

They're doing Anime now? What the fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 530x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 530x880
>>30502314
Where the fuck have you been?
I would say go watch it, but it's pretty terrible.
>>
File: image.gif (666 KB, 426x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
666 KB, 426x281
>>30499939
u fokin wot m8
>>
>>30502408
>Where the fuck have you been?

Watching the entirety of RvB on Netflix.
>>
>>30502408
This desu. The animation can be pretty scrappy, but they're slowly getting better. At least now I know by the end of volume 3 that they're going somewhere with all of this.
>>
>>30499976
>But if you giving up your rights means I can say I tried to save atleast just one life then it's worth it! Isn't to worth it to save one life?
No, bitch, it isn't. Slavery would have cost more lives in the long run then the civil war.
>>
>>30501910
I'd feel much better about not carrying in Switzerland than not carrying anywhere in America. At least pre-mudslime invasion
>>
>>30500422
>This is a perfect example of a dangerous mindset of "People who disagree with me are stupid/retarded". It shows a complete lack of critical thinking, and a toxic, simplistic authoritarian way of thinking.

People on both "sides" tend to do that a lot unfortunately. Gun owners tend to think they are the ones with common sense and critical thinking, while at the same time seeing "the left" as a bunch of utterly retarded hippies and hating everything about them just because they disagree on some issues.

Critical thinking is good but you need to be able to apply it to yourself.
>>
W2c NRA forever belt buckle
>>
>>30502718
yeah what this anon said. you guys slam me hard for being a leftist when i trip, which is rare percentage wise

> and i hate most of the left i encounter, just not as much as people who own 10% of boeing stock
> same as you, Anon-san
>>
>>30502746
Maybe it's because communism has never ever in the history of its existence worked past creating Stalinist regimes. People probably think you're stupid because you support that.
>>
>>30499788
Hey x country, how about you give your civilians the ability to resist your taxation/ control.

Love murica
>>
>>30499788
Ywn have an ar that takes been mags
>>
>>30499788
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>30502786
except it did

and capitalism doesnt exactly have a stellar record

beside i could trip as demo/k/rat and you would just call me a nazi or a leninist so i might as well shoot straight
>>
>>30502893
You have 0 actual evidence that I'd say any of that to you, you're making a baseless assumption so you can justify throwing away my post. Please, show me one actual communist country that has succeeded.
>>
>>30499882
Your thoughts are more rational than most, canadia-bro.
>>
>>30499976
This, 100%.
>>
Shall no be infringed
>>
>>30499788
that's an AK mag in your AR...

Now, fuck off...
>>
>>30502950
eh, assuming you were the dude describing the dogpile effect on the left here on /k/ which by your own admission would / should serve as evidence that democrats get called communists for not watching enough daily fox news

like i said a couple posts back, i identify way closer to the average /k/ommando than the average tumblrina but because i dont tow party line, all of a sudden, often times people think i identify my gender as apache helicopter

successful communist countries: i dont back cuba for much but they _do_ provide health care to poor neighboring islands, and if i had to be poor anywhere on the planet (i dont, thank christ, fuck that place) i would do so in cuba

the other red states had the whole world trying to purge them but still stood for decades in spite of everyone after lenin being a fucking wackjob
>>
>>30503111
i checkmy own trips and criticize myself roundly for TLDR offtopic shitposting on yank freedom day
>>
>>30499788
>EVIL STUPID INBRED REDNECK THREAT TO MY EXISTENCE
>he's a tradesman who helps pay the taxes you used to get a women's studies degree

>MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN A BOY BUT I ALWAYS KNEW XHE WAS A GURL WHEN XHE LOOKED AT THE BARBIES AT TOYSRUS WHEN XHE WAS 2 WE SCHEDULED AN APPT FOR GENDER REASSIGNMENT THAT AFTERNOON
>you will consume 100x the taxes you pay and your children will die of suicide as delusional eunuchs with no offspring of their own

All we need is immigration laws boys, libcucks don't breed.
>>
File: 1443209738996.jpg (351 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1443209738996.jpg
351 KB, 1200x900
>>30499939
>>
>>30500131
But thats how it should be
>>
>>30502519
are you joking?
>>
File: !GUN TARDS BTFO.jpg (560 KB, 1008x933) Image search: [Google]
!GUN TARDS BTFO.jpg
560 KB, 1008x933
>>30499788

NO, THE GOVERNMENT'S NOT OUT TO GET YOU.

THEY'D NEVER INFRINGE UPON YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

NO, NEVER. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS.
>>
>>30500410
Jesus Christ those flow chart is so fucking retarded that it's painful. With shit like this it's no wonder the libs are winning in places like cali
>>
>>30499902
That fucking gif though, oh god my hand hurts just watching it
>>
>>30499788
Basically, you can actually go fuck yourself if you think you have any rights that aren't determined by those power, regardless of whether it's a representative government or a faceless anarchist mass. To ensure you maintain your freedom, you should be willing to create a standoff with those in power, or or least have the capacity to do so, or assist in a revolution that you support, out defend the freedoms you desire against a disagreeable revolution. Basically, because I can and will, and go fuck yourself.
>>
>>30502746
You can stop attention-whoring now, you're not going to be internet famous
>>
>>30503398
Why can't anyone put a Lee Harvey Oswald on Hitlary ?

The average conservative american must be really peaceful.
>>
>>30503722
Fear, mostly. Prison ain't a fun place.
>>
>>30503111
>>30503145
Just fucking kill yourself
>>
>>30503722
Because the mob doesn't have anything at stake in this election :^)
>>
>>30503722
We're not anti-trump protestor lunatics, that's why
>>
>>30499939
How's your waifu' arm, Yangfag?
>>
>>30503722
Only good people get shot. :(
>>
>>30503722
If you strike her down, she will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
>>
File: 1344512341561.jpg (30 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1344512341561.jpg
30 KB, 200x150
>>30503398
الله هو الذي شاء ذلك.
>>
French hasguns here, I sometimes find myself talking about American gun ownership with my fellow Frenchmen.

The main thing I try to do is being aware of my own shortcomings.
Really it's true to any debate, and too often overlooked.
Self criticism is essential. You'll make better argument if you know how to dismantle them yourself. Admit you have biases just like anyone and be open about them (also look up comfirmation bias).
I know it sounds counter intuitive, but it's important if you don't want to sound like a stubborn asshole.

Driving your point home over and over again by any means necessary is NOT debating. People will close up just like you would if they did the same.

Spouting statistics, quotes and memes will achieve nothing, it's just circlejerk material for those already convinced. You cannot convince someone by being a know-it-all cunt.

Try not to approach it as an "I'm right and you're wrong, here's why" issue, but as a "we both have our opinions based on what we know and feel, let's share them and see what comes out of it".

Of course some people can't be reasoned with and you shouldn't bother with them, but many are just ignorant and willing to learn if you encourage them by being cool about it.

What I try to do is show I've put a fair ammount of research and thought into the subject but that I'm still capable of looking at it with some distance. Of course it's easier to do as a non-American.

All of this is kind of an act and it's tempting to go full SHALL.NOT mode, but that's a necessary sacrifice if you intend to keep your rights. The more people see guns positively, the more diverse they are, the harder it is to ban them.
Don't marginalize yourself like we did.
>>
>>30499788
>rationize
As in how to get everyone in the US a rifle?
>>
>>30503980
>The more people see guns positively, the more diverse they are, the harder it is to ban them.

It's not so much seeing guns positively as it is seeing them frequently. People tend to accept what they're frequently exposed to as being right. That's how we got gay "marriage" in the US: a constant diet of adorable gays on sitcoms and positive press.

It's why I don't shit on open-carriers. They're exposing folks to guns in their everyday life and if they see enough of it, they'll think firearm ownership and carrying is as normal as shooting yourself full of meth and partying 'til your heart stops.
>>
>>30503722
Dinna provoke me babylon
>>
>>30504108
Sure, but only people involved in gun owning will actually fight for it. And in this kind of balance of power, the more people fighting the better.
Governments don't really care about the will of the people until the people make them care.
I'm not necessarily talking about armed rebellion here, I'm talking about protests and such. But that might be my frenchness talking.

If 90% of the population is only neutral towards gun, they won't get off their asses to protect them. Heck, it's hard enough to make them move for things that are actually affecting their daily life.
>>
>>30499788
I really wouldn't know where to even start. To me guns are so self-evidently awesome that I really can't understand anyone who wouldn't want to have a bunch of them.
>>
>>30499788
I wouldn't because I don't give a shit what other countries think.
>>
>>30500054
Self defense
>self
>defense
to mean not 'hunting down the shooter'

Do you really think liberals would do that? just go on the internet and construct a straw man?
>>
>>30499788
Ways to explain American Civil Rights:

1. Make sure people understand that they are discussing rights, not privileges.

2. I shouldn't have to apologize for my culture.

3. It's a culture, not a cartoon.

4. Any Euro culture that owns guns is really just cultural appropriation of American rights.

5. Stop insulting my culture, fascist!

I no longer argue, I just use their own bias against them.
>>
Nazis are and were real.
>>
>>30501050
>tea cupping
Disgusting
>>
Boko Haram rapes your goats and rides off on your women, burns the village down on the way out, the Ugandan Army takes half a day to hump out here to Gorilla Cooter, Africa to deal with them, take this case of Nuggets and some ammo and deal with them on the spot.
>>
File: democrat-gun-control-750.jpg (154 KB, 750x581) Image search: [Google]
democrat-gun-control-750.jpg
154 KB, 750x581
>>30503722

<Probably because it's Democraps who do all the assassinating and mass killings, not based Conservatives.
>>
>>30503823
>Implying I fell for the casual bimbo
>>
>>30499788

You can't. The unstaged represent in any form of media is not rational.
>>
>>30499788
Cops take too long to respond to calls, if someone breaks into your house they'll either be gone (along with your TV) or attacking you before the cops get there. Also, criminals in this country can get their hands on guns whether they're legal or not, disarming citizens (an impossible task in and of itself) doesn't mean that criminals won't still find guns or simply switch to other more brutal weapons. It's one of our constitutional rights, to stop allowing citizens to arm themselves is on the same level of injustice as banning the freedom to speak one's mind, or denying someone a fair trial in a court of law.

Gun grabbers are no more moral than lynchers or book burners.
>>
>>30499788
Gun ownership cannot be rationalized because it needs no rationalization. Gun ownership in of itself is a rational act
>>
>>30499788
> that image

Why don't we use that logic to disarm the police?

> I NEED ONE OF THESE TO FEEL SAFE BECAUSE SOCCER MOMS ARE OUT OT GET ME
>>
>>30500422
At least the old ones had some serious eye-candy going on (especially ones involving Roosevelt).
>>
>>30499788
by debasing the idea of comparing countries entirely
>>
>>30499788
Can we get /pol/ to shop his belt to a star of david and put this rifle is a wmd. It gave me ptsd. Etc etc.
>>
>>30499788
>be me
>at bar
>fiesty bongs pissy about printing
>fuckin leave then bruh
>DISPATCHER PATCH ME THROUGH TO THE LORRY
>niggerknife to throat
>DickDiamonds.png
>Poking his leg

"Wanna find out if physical assault is scarier than sexual assault?"
>>
>>30501126
So, none of the above? Because you have been pretty much useless at both.
>>
>>30500231
I was listening to NPR one Saturday morning on the way to work. On The Media came on with a story about guns and media coverage.

I expected the usual hit piece and was surprised buy the content.

First up was am editor of Slate complaining that the media was misty ignorant about guns. She ran down the list. Auto vs semi auto. Proper definition of "assault rifle" and even hit on the Giardoni Air Rifle in relation to the Constitution.

But the big one was a guest talking about how ineffective recent efforts were by the left were at implementing gun control.
>we have to talk about race
>young black males commit the majority of gun violence
>why are 80% of gun crimes being perpetrated by just 7% of the population

http://www.wnyc.org/story/on-the-media-2016-06-24
>>
File: 1464474660690.png (40 KB, 750x700) Image search: [Google]
1464474660690.png
40 KB, 750x700
>>30508097
>>
>>30504322
>implying euros know what rights are
Brit here. Broadly speaking we literally do not understand rights. The right to freedom of expression is talked about, but trampled on at the first sign of a contentious issue, with a good chunk of popular approval. If you want to talk to a Euro about rights, you may well have to fully explain the concept of a right.
>>
>>30499788
Firearms are the pinnacle of personal defense at this point in time.
There is nothing you can carry and conceal on your individual person that will be as effective for the job of defending personal life in any interpersonal situation.
>>
>>30506235
>facebook content
>no source
>artifacting
Everything seems to be in order here
>>
>>30500202
they dont have niggers tho
>>
>rationize gun ownership of the civilian population

I would ask who has killed more people? Crazy individuals with guns or crazy governments with all the guns?

A 2 second Google search will provide that in resent history that you should have a healthy fear of anyone who wants to disarm you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_under_Communist_regimes
>>
>>30500054
It's got a bit of truth to it. But I'm pretty sure an active shooter and a CC-er are going to look completely different.

One guy is probably going to have some tacticool gear, a long gun of some sort, and maybe a pistol in an open holster on his hip or thigh while moving aggressively.
The other is going to be in khakis/jeans with a handgun small enough to conceal, moving with his gun down.
Thinking about the Columbine/Aurora/Virginia Tech guys, no person with a lick of common sense would have mistaken them for a CHL holder.

I'm open to contradictions; do we know of any mass shootings where the shooter was dressed/armed similarly to an average CCW holder?
>>
>>30506235
Fucking lol. Just off the top of my head: Cho (Virginia Tech), Loughridge (Giffords), Holmes (Aurora movie theatre) and Hickley's (Reagan) political affiliations are unknown due to the fact they were all as deeply autistic/mentally disturbed as the asshat who came up with this list. They were probably incapable of holding a political thought in their heads and if anything suggest that more comprehensive background checks are in order - but then again that's the entire point of the facebook infographic isn't it? - to deflect.
>>
File: 1346583520786.gif (2 MB, 320x192) Image search: [Google]
1346583520786.gif
2 MB, 320x192
>>30499788

I wouldn't waste my time on idiots.
>>
>>30508454
>I am silly
you're not going to win anyone with that.
>>
File: salute.gif (938 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
salute.gif
938 KB, 350x200
>>30508135
That's some damn fine peace, Teddy
>>
>>30499889
Not studying STEM. Take a gun and kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>30503098
it's a SR-47 mate
>>
File: image.png (49 KB, 255x139) Image search: [Google]
image.png
49 KB, 255x139
>>
>>30499808

FPBP
>>
>>30508182
1/10 bait
>>
>>30506235
You're going to want to update that with the Orlando incident, he was a registered Democrat.
>>
>>30510137

But that is their actual argument, and it's silly.
>>
>>30511371
THAT'S WEIRD
>>
>>30502303
one of my favorites
>>
File: 1462478784165.jpg (66 KB, 618x480) Image search: [Google]
1462478784165.jpg
66 KB, 618x480
>>30500131
>How non Americans think it's like to buy a gun in the US
>How Americans think if should be to buy a gun on the US
>>
>>30499788
Was this image made before the Snowden leaks?
>>
File: gun_free_zones.jpg (29 KB, 703x495) Image search: [Google]
gun_free_zones.jpg
29 KB, 703x495
>>30501126
KEK. I agree. The US had to go over there with our best shooters and get it DONE. Done only comes from gun ownership, years of practice, and not some 14 week basic training. Not just a standing army with a decent budget that pales in comparison to the rest of the world, but with soldiers who know how to "hunt" with a gun.
>>
>>30508286
...maybe the Dems realize what a lead weight gun control is politically and will finally tell Soros and Bloomberg to fuck off

Maybe as "I'll have those niggers voting Democrat for 100 years" Peters out the Dems will start addressing inner city crime and toxic culture in ways other than just denying black people concealed carry permits on chicago.

>Implying
>>
File: Updated Tips and Tricks.jpg (95 KB, 400x441) Image search: [Google]
Updated Tips and Tricks.jpg
95 KB, 400x441
>>30500054
I tried to fix it for you.

It still ignores the difference between an active shooter within a large area such as a school or mall and an active shooter inside a relatively small area such as a nightclub or small office. However, I think you have the sense to understand that it's not hunting for the shooter if you know that he's in the room next to you. I also assume you have the common sense to hear police sirens and act accordingly.
>>
The arguments made by 'murricans for or against looser or stricter gun laws are pure entertainment. It's like watching special needs children having a debate.
>>
>>30513388
Where are you from, for reference?
>>
>>30509680
also the fact that
>the CC guy got shot instead by the police!
is something that's never happened in the history of ever. Idiots like this are convinced that people shoot first, look second, and never bother to ask questions.
>>
>>30500665
Severely underrated post.
>>
>>30503722
Because Oswalds kill Presidents. You're looking for a Sirhan Sirhan.
>>
>>30513504
>people shoot first, look second, and never bother to ask questions
That's exactly what LEOs do. Muh officer safety.
>>
>>30501217
Every time I go up to visit my family in New York, at some point guns get mentioned, I mention that I own them, and my uncle jokes "wow we better watch out then!" or something to that effect.

It's weird.
>>
>>30509764
>No one knows
>All card carrying registered Democrats
>Bu...bu...bu... dey were disturbed their registered political affiliation means nothing!
The doublethink is real.
>>
File: bstgrl.jpg (569 KB, 700x1190) Image search: [Google]
bstgrl.jpg
569 KB, 700x1190
>>30499939

How /k/ is pic related?
>>
>>30500946
Pyhrra a [spoiler]dead[/spoiler]
>>
>>30514118
/k/ommando/10
>>
>watching a weeb show made by a dead gook with worse animation than the Donkey Kong Country cartoon
get fucked, m8s.
>>
>>30515929
I don't know who that is but she looks more like what a rich dumbass hipster chick with some shitty liberal arts degree who stays skinny by eating vegan and smoking too much would look like if literally every single person in the united states liked guns enough to open carry just like, whenever. That outfit has to be at least $1000 at American Apparel.

For extra irony, she doesn't seem to have a gun on her despite the bullets and weird thigh cape that I can only imagine being used to keep the rain off your gun. Maybe it's in the bag, but then, why even bother with the visible ammo and Kydex sheath sewn directly into the pants?

I'm sure there's SOME reasonable explanation for all of this but that outfit does not come from our world, dude.
>>
>>30516097
>I'm sure there's SOME reasonable explanation for all of this but that outfit does not come from our world, dude.
>RT
>Expecting reasonable designs and attier when it comes with firearms
Basically, Coco'a suitcase is a mini/gatlin gun. Not to mention her personality sort of mirrors that of the old west types. And yes, she likes clothes alot.
>>
>>30500054
Kek, the faggot who made this meme is so self-absorbed and so convinced of his entitlement that he thinks I'm going to go save him from an active shooter.

If he's getting shot at it's his problem, should have been carrying a gun. I'm getting the fuck out of there and allow the guys with guns and the full protection and sanction of the law do the hunting
>>
>>30499788
You can't and you don't
>>
>>30508032
>o stop allowing citizens to arm themselves is on the same level of injustice as banning the freedom to speak
You mean banning "hate speech"? They already agree it needs to be done.
>>
File: 1391904481612.png (658 KB, 1255x409) Image search: [Google]
1391904481612.png
658 KB, 1255x409
>>30499788
ok.
"during the cold war Russia and the USA were heated rivals, coming close on more than a few occasions going to war. But they didn't, because one major factor that deterred them was m.a.d. Mutually assured destruction that guaranteed that due to the size and volume of nuclear warheads both nations have, that both nations would be nuked and ultimately destroyed in the process. This example in much of they same way details the situation between any two citizens that may come to odds with each other. Another benefit that also deters is invasion. Many nations spend hefty amounts of their budget on military include the parts that are posted on the homeland for defense. However it is well known that Hitler didn't consider the USA for invasion because of the shear amount of return fire from an armed populations as well as military. It is also no secret that Hitler was big on invading others so this gives a good indication on how effective it is and was. Continuing on you can also see that by allowing your nation citizens to be armed by thorough and logical gun laws you can reduce spending on military and defense by certain margin."
>>
>>30499902
Not OP, but that's not how logic works. Try again faggot
>>
>>30499788
I have visted and read way to much about the Japanese internment camps to know that all it takes is the government and people to get a prickly feather up the ass and they will throw people into camps. Fuck that I rather die while taking my captors with me.
>>
>>30499874
what is strawman as fuck?
I've literally never met anyone, gun owner or otherwise, who is afraid of the government
I've met people who think the government can't do everything all the time, but never such a person as the 'artist' depicts.
I mean, i'm sure they exist, but in the same way that i'm sure out there, in the infinite void of space, there's a micrometeorite with your name on it. You'll just probably die before it gets here.
>>
>>30499902
Rationalization means that my position is controversial, or by default is wrong.
false, but go on with your shit
>>
>>30509424
Came to post about culturally/racially homogeneous population.
I see you've beaten me to it.
>>
>>30516598
Skidmore!
Quit fuckin' with the norks and get back to slinging my taco meat!
>>
I would instead ask them to rationalize gun control and find me an example where gun control reduced Murders, robberies, burglaries, rapes, and muggings.
Show me how banning guns is a good thing. If you can't positively affect the status quo why are you trying to change it?
>>
>>30501989
Dohoho.
>>
>>30500054
>that image
>implying you couldn't just draw your weapon and barricade yourself in a room and wait
>implying you have to run around waving your gun at everyone like a retard
>implying you can't identify yourself to the cops
Which formal fallacy? The false dichotomy: no guns vs. have gun, get shot by cops because you're stupid
>>
>>30503501
What an interesting and nuanced argument! And so well researched, too!

Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>30503722
not an oswald, we need a muslim bomber.
>no guns
>also gets mudslimes shit on
>>
>>30499788
Political cartoonists need to kill themselves. I don't even care what side of the political spectrum they're on.

The only reason they draw their trash is because they couldn't get anywhere else with their art.
>>
>>30504562
He's black .
>>
>>30501007
Why red arms?
>>
>>30499902
that logic....
>>
>>30517736
>I've literally never met anyone, gun owner or otherwise, who is afraid of the government
Do you honestly think you have liberty right now?
>>
File: this guy.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
this guy.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>30519208
>take black friend who was in the Marines shooting
>in the Marines for at least 4 years
>tea cups his 1911
>mfw
>>
>>30515998
Wow, you sure showed them, Internet Tough Guy!
>>
>>30501050
I'm not sure if I get this.

Do I trust black people to carry guns? Yes, of course.

And even if I didn't my personal prejudice wouldn't be a good reason to infringe on their personal freedoms.
>>
>>30499788
Someone "lost" top secret data because they were too "careless", and not only were they not arrested despite the FBI saying they would have arrested anyone else, but they're still allowed to run for president and people actually think they would make a good president.

Anyone who trusts the government under which this is possible enough to give up their guns is a naive child.
>>
>>30501667
All good points
>>
>>30499962
I have this argument with my parents whenever I come home from University. I ask them what would happen if Congress/POTUS ignored public opinion and started passing tyrannical laws. They say "oh we'd just vote them out", not seeing the possibility that they would just ignore the vote or pass a law nullifying it. I use this as one of many arguments defending my ownership of a .22 and a 100 year old single shot 12 gauge.
>>
>>30517736
>I've never met anyone who is afraid of the government

You haven't met my mother. Hillbilly Clinton is basically Hitler for her
>>
>like the opinions of other countries matter
>>
>>30500054
when a mass shooter is stopped by a CCW-holder, it's typically immediately, not after bullets have flown and there are bodies around like a Hollywood-type scenario (which is what the left demands). At that point, it's well before the cops arrive, which gives you plenty of time to re-holster your piece, and keep your hands up (with fingers spread apart).

The advice that FEMA and your local PD will give is this:
Escape,
if that's not possible, Hide
if neither is possible, Fight.

Only draw your piece if the first two fail.
>>
>>30503722
we're a peace loving people. We're just prepared to take not-so-peaceful measures to preserve it. Right now, she's just running her mouth. Let her shriek.
>>
>>30517736
>I've literally never met anyone, gun owner or otherwise, who is afraid of the government

maybe you should get out of your mom's basement and see the rest of the world.

from uic.edu's report on police corruption:

Our analysis of police corruption in Chicago yields four major findings.
First, corruption has long persisted within the CPD and continues to be a serious
problem. There have been 102 convictions of Chicago police since the beginning of 2000. Second, police officers often resist reporting crimes and misconduct committed by fellow
officers. The “blue code of silence,” while difficult to prove, is an integral part of the department’s culture and it exacerbates the corruption problems. However last November, a federal jury found that the City of Chicago and its police culture were partially responsible for Officer Anthony Abbate’s brutal beating of a female bartender. After the civil trial to assess damages, the victim’s attorney declared, “We proved a code of silence at every level in the Chicago Police Department.”1
Third, overtime a large portion of police corruption has shifted from policemen aiding and abetting mobsters and organized crime to officers involved with drugs dealers and street gangs. Since the year 2000, a total of 47 Chicago law enforcement officers were convicted of drug and gang related crimes. The department’s war on drugs puts police officers, especially those working undercover, in dangerous situations where they must cooperate with criminals to catch criminals. These endeavors require that CPD superiors provide a high degree of leadership and oversight to keep officers on the straight and narrow.
Fourth, internal and external sources of authority, including police superintendents and Mayors, have up to now failed to provide adequate anti-corruption oversight and leadership.
>>
>>30499788
Explain that the only part of the second amendment that actually matters is "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".
>>
>>30509764
They were all registered democrats and Cho actually sent hate mail to Dubya.
>>
>>30518175
>we want fewer people to get murdered
>a specific implement makes murder relatively trivial compared to stabbing, strangling or bludgeoning someone to death
>murdering someone would be more arduous without the trivializing implement
>if it was harder to get the specific implement it would be more difficult to use one such implement
>if murder was more arduous it might not happen as often
>therefore, controlling the implement suggests that murder will be a more arduous process and therefore occur less often
I don't agree with the thought process, but it is what it is and is generally seen as reasonable to most people.
>>
>>30522911
He was no longer an active voter, but Loughner was registered as an Independent at the time of the shooting.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/10/accused-gunman-had-no-party-affiliation/

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/house/jared-lee-loughner-was-a-regis.html
>>
>>30500054
I was once discussing guns and gun rights with a friend of mine who's very far left. It was late and we were both quite tired, but his argument against my point that CC's enable people to stop mass shootings was this hypothetical he laid out for me:
>there's a shooter in a theater (think Aurora)
>he opens fire
>someone draws and shoots him down
>it will be dark, so others won't know who shot who
>other people with CC firearms will draw and open the one who took out the active shooter thinking he's the threat
>further people will open fire on those that took out the first CCW guy
>the confusion and violence will continue until the whole theater is a raging all-out gun battle
This is what he actually presupposed would happen. Reminder that people actually exist who sincerely believe that armed conflict transpires like cartoon saloons in the wild west.
I told him that what he proposed was cartoonish and ridiculous, but he countered with.
>muh vietnam
>you weren't there man
>>
>>30522911
>>30522965

Being a democrat does not cause you to shoot people.

Cho and Loughner were fucking crazy pieces of shit. The things they wrote and the videos they made make /b/ look like a kindergarten. That's why they went on shooting sprees, not because they may or may not have voted a certain way.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.