[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tavor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
What is /k/'s opinion on the Tavor SAR and x95?

The MTAR21 (military version of x95) replaced the M16 as the IDF's official wepon. Seems like the best 5.56 bullpup on the market to me, but Ive only done a limited amout of research.

Is it worth dropping 2g on this milspec, bullpup beauty or should I just stick with my AR15?
>>
If you're seriously gonna drop 2k on a bullpup just get an MDR in 5.56 when they release later this year.
>>
File: mdr.jpg (51 KB, 818x545) Image search: [Google]
mdr.jpg
51 KB, 818x545
>>30499552
>2futuristic4me

Looks way nicer than the Tavor though
>>
>>30499470
>new bullpup
>non-ambi
>not cutting the LoP as short as possible
No, it's trash.
>>
My buddy got one as his first rifle.

God awful trigger unless you remove that dumb trigger spring. And it is really well balanced, you can hold that with one arm out so easily, almost feels weightless it is so well balanced.

That being said, an AR-15 is better in every way for just shooting on the range. I personally dont like having rounds exploding right under my face.
>>
>>30499590
.50BMG bullpups would be terrifying.
>>
File: fiddy cal.jpg (50 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
fiddy cal.jpg
50 KB, 640x427
>>30499783
They exist
>>
What does /k/ think about VHS2
>>
>>30499552
What advantage sdoes it have over the x95?

>>30499590
The x95 is ambi, but im a righty so I dont care

What is LoP?
>>
>>30500162
GOD DAMN IT SPRINGFIELD, IMPORT THIS FUCKING THING ALREADY. JESUS CHRIST. YOU KNOW BULLPUPS ARE POPULAR. JUST FUCKING DO IT.
>>
>>30499687
Timney makes Tavor triggers now.
>>
>>30500162
It's ugly but exiting at the same time. Would love to have one.
>>
>>30501136
I heard the x95 trigger is a huge improvement over the SAR trigger.

Any experience regarding this?
>>
>>30501098
>What advantage sdoes it have over the x95?
Quick change barrel and magazine to switch to .308, better ergos, not giving money to Israel.
>>
>>30499552
>later this year
>>
The original IDF TARs handle much better than the X95 for whatever reason, I've fired both.

Israeli guns are usually pretty good, but it can be difficult discussing them because of the "muh Palestine" crowd
>>
>>30501826
> Quick change barrel and magazine
Never considered it much of an advantage, but ok, I'll give it that.
> better ergos
I would beg to differ. One of the main things you can't avoid when disscussing the Tavor (and the X95), is how ergos just can't get better than what it offers.
> not giving money to Israel
Being a bit antisemitic today, aren't we?
>>
>>30501190
That's still a bullpup trigger, but it's much better.
Apparently, the Tavor SAR that get of production line now also get the same trigger as the X95.
>>
>>30502563
>Being a bit antisemitic today, aren't we?
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>30502163
>>30502647
I dont care about where the mag release is at, and the trigger was my only worry about the original Tavor SAR.

Im looking at getting the Tavor SAR B18 because it has a bayo lug and I have a hard on for bayonets.

Would either of your reccomend it? Your experiences with the gun? Would you reccomend something else over it?
>>
>>30499582
Why does he need two headlamps in broad daylight? Why do the headlamps have tinted lenses? Why is he wearing ski goggles? Why is he wearing a biking helmet? Why is he wearing airsoft armor?
>>
>>30502563
>Being a bit antisemitic today, aren't we?

Oh man, I know what you mean and I'm tired of the internet bullshit too, but that's just gonna make him respond about how hating Israel is somehow not due to antisemitism but some freedom fighting bullshit. You gotta take the shit they'll fling at you into account before you post.
>>
The Mordor-tavor women and children model is poor quality. The fit and finish suffer as Jews don't have the manual dexterity humans do working with their claws in rubber human hand disguises
>>
>>30502922
It's probably the best bullpup I've fired, though I've only handled the AUG and SA80 at gunshows in the past.

That being said, I find conventional rifles like the AR and AK series better for just about anything, but that's my preference regarding bullpup.
>>
>>30502922
> Would you reccomend something else over it?
An ar15. Don't get me wrong, but the tavor is only just as good as the ar15, but way more expansive.
If you still wanna go for it, than get the x95. Civi version is the same as the sar but with better package,

>>30502909
On /k/, not on /pol/, or even /int/, where this comment would've been completely legitimate.
Here, it's just as irrelevant as a comment about your favorite type floor tiles.
That is, unless you were joking. In which case it's just wasn't that funny. Try again and work on your comedic timing.
Memes, in moderate proportions, are welcome. Arguments regarding guns are welcome. Even categorize guns by nationality if you can point to persistent characteristic. Comments about your political dislike towards a country, whether it's Israel, Russia or Micronesia, are welcome on /pol/ and /int/- boards created solely for the sake of this comments.
>>
Everything about it is average. That's not to say it's a bad rifle, it's just nothing special.
>>
>>30499470
The Tavor isn't bad, but it is overpriced.

It has several important features missing, such as ambidexterity. My experience with it (A limited trip to the range, and fingerfucking at several gun shows) is that it's not well balanced weight wise, and the stock doesn't fit comfortably at all, it's like shouldering a brick IMO.

If you want a Bullpup, I -loved- the AUG A3 model.I would avoid the FS-2000, as I found it very uncomfortable. The PS-90 was very comfortable, but took some getting used to especially hand placement (Everything felt very close at first, almost clunky, but got very comfortable).

For 2g, though. I'd say just build a really nice AR.
>>
>>30499552

Dropping cash on vaporware mormon garbage instead of thoroughly battletested rifle.

K
>>
File: GM6_LRG.jpg (22 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
GM6_LRG.jpg
22 KB, 650x366
>>30499783
Hello
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.