[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't dueling legal anymore? I feel like we'd solve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 18
File: pistol-duel.jpg (263 KB, 780x487) Image search: [Google]
pistol-duel.jpg
263 KB, 780x487
Why isn't dueling legal anymore? I feel like we'd solve so many problems in society if we legalized dueling again. We would see a decrease in liberals because any liberal who takes a duel will pussy out and likely remove themselves, or take themselves to another country and we wouldn't have mommy raised fuckboys like Gersh CUNTsman running around. It's easier to talk trash when your hiding behind johnny law and liberals know this, and that's why we need something like dueling to supercede the police badge between two people to settle a dispute. I guarantee gun grabbers would go into hiding if we brought back dueling. Also think of all the cheap derringers that would flood the market in pairs.
>inb4 there's no such thing as honor
Duels were highly regulated events which were often scheduled a week or so in advance with a lawyer or lawmen standing watch and a doctor to either save the life of the dying person or declare time of death. If during the step process(Taking 5-10 paces) one of the men turned sooner then they were supposed to and fired at their opponents back they were shot immediately by the lawman and the other person was declared the winner.
Hell,our seventh president Andrew Jackson fought in 103 duels and WON all of them.
>Tl;Dr We need to bring dueling back to eliminate nu males and betas
>>
>>30498523
>>/his/
>>
>>30498523
>paired, elaborately decorated single shot 1911's
Oh, I'm feeling it.
Shame it's illegal to murder stupid people.
>>
File: 1461056841936.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1461056841936.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
>>30498531
>your opinion
>>/trash/
If you ain't a mod I don't give a fuck.
>>
I completely agree. Duels and other forms of mutual fighting should be legal.
>>
>>30498523
>If during the step process(Taking 5-10 paces)
Rifled pistols are too accurate for that to be the minimum amount of steps
>>
>>30498579
It could've been more but that's the number I remember. Thirty paces comes to mind as well.
>>
>>30498556
T/C pistols would be the elegance you should be thinking of.
>>
>>30498523
mutual combat should at most be a ticket, short of stomping the other man to death.

dueling was outlawed because so many good men were being killed in them. 3 founding fathers....Hamilton, Gwinnette, Spaight...died in duels. Also Stephan Decatur, which sucks.
>>
Cause niggers will take advantage of it
>Aight walk 10 foot shuffles daquan and tyrone
>Daquan gave the "lawman" a bribe at the start
>Shoots Tyrone in the back
>*Smacks lips* aight that was clean lets go get some church's
>>
>>30498616
All those men knew what they were getting into. A duel wasn't a one sided murder, it was more like "I hate you so much that one of us HAS to die. period." They knew the risks to the duel and fought anyway. Losing is just one of the natural consequences of that.
>>30498616
In texas it is, fisticuffs only however.
>>30498646
This implies there was barely any process in the duel. Nowadays we have videotape and cameras everywhere. If a nigger shot Drake and bribed the lawman to not kill him then it's murder, not a duel.
>>
>>30498523
Mutual combat is still legal.
>>
Good, except duels wouldn't take place for stupid little debates, and both parties need to consent, otherwise it's murder
>>
File: 1461796281611.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1461796281611.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>30498724
No shit
>>
Because people would die in droves because of arguments about which anime girl is best/worst girl.

They started stamping down honor duels because military officers kept killing each other. Here in Sweden they started to impose some extremely serious laws about it because the king was pissed that his officers kept dying like flies. So the punishment for participating in an honor duel was that you got banished from the land or fines that were so high that no one would be able to pay them in their lifetime. So did the second. In fact if you were asked to be a second in a duel and didn't report it then you also got banished.

Of course if you didn't accept the duel then you were considered a coward and would never get promoted in your military career again.
>>
>>30498968
If duels can be regulated, than we can prevent most of those deaths over worthless shit
>>
>>30498721
>Mutual combat is still legal.
Where?
>>
File: 1452312179903.jpg (4 KB, 182x220) Image search: [Google]
1452312179903.jpg
4 KB, 182x220
>>30498724
Thanks captain obvious
>>
Honestly this would be incredible. It wouldn't even be very deadly. Something like 85% of shooting victims when a handgun is used survive. Only exception is in mass shootings because medical care is delayed.

I'm all for it.
>>
>>30499013
Most duels would probably have medical staff on standby aswel
>>
>>30499013
Might as well wear vests at that point.
>>
>>30498968
>Because people would die in droves because of arguments about which anime girl is best/worst girl.
This is bad how?
>>30499000
Duels can be easily regulated too. all we would need is an office that schedules dates to duel and you can even rent your weapons if you feel like you could die. Duels should be tops like $100 dollars all together though supposing you bring your own weapon.
>>
>>30499000
Fencing duels were typically until someone drew blood, so if it's a duel to inflict a non-fatal injury that doesn't permanently cripple the other person it wouldn't be all that bad.
>>
>>30498968
If you're welling to die over something that stupid, then you deserve to die.
>>
>>30499040
>Isn't prepared to die to defend the honor of his waifu

Fucking scrub
>>
>>30499053
My husbandos honor cannot be tarnished
>>
>>30498523
>Why isn't dueling legal anymore?

Because of the jackassed attitudes and expectations that went along with it. A professional duelist could insult your kid because he's a murdering sociopath that wants him as the next notch on his belt, and at that point either your kid says yes and dies, or says no and is a social pariah thenceforth.

A duel to the death doesn't resolve anything except who is the better duelist.
>>
>>30498523
>We need to bring dueling back to eliminate nu males and betas

This from the fedoralord who thinks people would revert to using derringers. FFS, your whole argument is that people would leave the country or some dumb shit when they could just refuse the duel.
>>
>>30499080
So basically saying is that sociopaths are still allowed to talk shit about your kids, except now you don't even have the option to duel.
>>
File: Yourhat.jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Yourhat.jpg
3 KB, 225x225
>>30499080
If your kid doesn't know better than to throw his life away then you failed in teaching him and he needed to be removed. Nature failed because we're too strong, so we need sociopaths to remove morons.
>>30499083
>Implying I said we would all use derringers
>Implying you wouldn't bring two obrez's to the fight for you and your opponent to use.
>it's current year
I think you dropped this fag.
>>
>>30499008
Washington. There's a video of mutual combat going down with police letting them do it
>>
>>30499102
>Implying you wouldn't bring two obrez's to the fight
>obrezs
My body is ready to bite the bullet and probably die in the process.
>>
Duels are illegal because the state craves a monopoly on force. The state needs to be the only group with the right to kill other humans, giving the right to kill to it's subjects is anathema because it recognizes them as fully functioning humans and not brain dead cogs in a machine that require a higher power to arbitrate conflicts.

This is why Blue States don't have stand your ground laws and Libcucks go hysterical over guns, they see men taking responsibility for their own lives as dangerous and insane .
>>
>>30499115
Link?
>>
>>30499115
>Washington
Then why aren't you guys removing liberals with mutual combat over dispute. This could literally solve alot of your leftists issues considering how influential duels are. Hell, it could wven shut them up
>>
File: 1437279913454.jpg (50 KB, 584x323) Image search: [Google]
1437279913454.jpg
50 KB, 584x323
>>30499135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cruwVjiyUcc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_combat
>>
File: 33a.jpg (9 KB, 400x238) Image search: [Google]
33a.jpg
9 KB, 400x238
>>30499128
Single shot .338 or .308 handguns would make duels quite exciting
>>
File: 1446856897990.png (34 KB, 860x693) Image search: [Google]
1446856897990.png
34 KB, 860x693
>>30499102
>I said we would all use derringers

You said that the market would be flooded with them.

>Implying you wouldn't bring two obrez's to the fight for you and your opponent to use.

A: I wouldn't.

B: the person who's challenged picks the weapon, which I'd think you'd know if you were going to start a circlejerk about this topic. If your whole goal is to duel noguns then you're not going to be using guns in the first place.

You're being a condescending ass about a topic that you don't know dick about, that's fedoralord territory. If you're going to insult me then at least come up with something applicable instead of
>no u
>>
>>30499141
It's not actually legal, just unevenly enforced. You can bet your ass that if we started dueling hipsters and hobos in Seattle the popo would step in.
>>
>>30499080
>Sociopathic duelists KILLING MUH CHILLINS FOR FUN

Hello Ms retarded soccermom, shouldn't you be heading off to Shillary rally?

If your child was too stupid to live then its on you, not society.
>>
Oh god, i want this so hard. Also swords.
>>
>>30498523
I want innawoods duels
>>
File: 1458435736200.jpg (116 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
1458435736200.jpg
116 KB, 409x393
>>30499171
>You said that the market would be flooded with them.
Great, so what that IMPLIED was that with the new dueling proposal would generate a viable market and create an opening for cheaper dueling guns available for purchase. I never implied it was to be mandatory to use them in duels, but I guess reading comprehension is hard for you.

>A: I wouldn't.
Your clearly not from this board and you reek of recent shilling

>B: the person who's challenged picks the weapon, which I'd think you'd know if you were going to start a circlejerk about this topic. If your whole goal is to duel noguns then you're not going to be using guns in the first place.
It was meant as a joke, something your family clearly did not teach you and your shortcomings in social etiquette has exacerbated. You sound like many nu male faggots i've dealt with who are totally *aren't* furries yet defends them vehemently. And what's with the futa pic? this is a blue board lad, you can't post that shit here. Just come out of the closet and admit that this idea scares you because you know that your shit opinions would get you wiped off this earth.
>>
>>30499039
It depends, actually. In modern fencing, epee is derived from drawing blood.

However foil and saber are both killing sports.
>>
>>30499171
>>30499256

>You're being a condescending ass about a topic that you don't know dick about, that's fedoralord territory. If you're going to insult me then at least come up with something applicable instead of
>no u
I don't care for "Self proclaimed geniuses" who feel that way just because they talk shit on an anonymous Philippine crayon making board, The only fedora lord is you. Now pick up your hat and go.
>>
>>30499170
or .30-06
irons only
>>
>>30498523
>Tfw you didn't learn swordfighting as a child
>Tfw you can't carry a sword like a proper gentleman (inb4 I'm not one in the first place, that's not the point)
>Tfw you will never die dueling with a sword over some offhanded insult
>>
>>30499256
>I never implied it was to be mandatory to use them in duels

I never said or implied that either. I questioned why you thought people would step back to inferior technology and you decided to twist my words because you're a disingenuous turd.

>Your clearly not from this board and you reek of recent shilling

Nuggets are and always have been poorfag guns that were derided by people who could afford anything better and the Obrez only came about because people in certain places couldn't get pistols. The only reason for you to care about them is MUH BOARD CULTURE.

>It was meant as a joke

I doubt that.

>>30499282
>Self proclaimed geniuses

Where did I ever call myself a genius?

This is a weapons board, if I'm going to sperg about weapon related things then this is the place to do it. Eat dicks.
>>
>>30499008
Not him but dueling in Ohio was never outlawed.
>>
>>30499129
This guy's fucking gets it.
>>
File: Dumbasss.png (12 KB, 1234x108) Image search: [Google]
Dumbasss.png
12 KB, 1234x108
>>30499332
Last time i'm replying to you you nigger hillshill.
I never said or implied that either. I questioned why you thought people would step back to inferior technology and you decided to twist my words because you're a disingenuous turd.
You did imply it. you heavily implied it. Your lack of memory is ridiculous. Pic related.
>Nuggets are and always have been poorfag guns that were derided by people who could afford anything better and the Obrez only came about because people in certain places couldn't get pistols. The only reason for you to care about them is MUH BOARD CULTURE.
Yeah, why would I care about someone trying to radically change the already existing and VERY much there board culture. Hmmmm, really makes u think??/
>It was meant as a joke
It was, I know reading is very hard for people like you, but look long and hard at it and REALLY think about it. You'll get there one day kid.
>Where did I ever call myself a genius?
You imply it so heavily in your posts, it's retarded how big your ego is. Go stroke yourself to Futa pics and tell yourself your not a homo.
>This is a weapons board, if I'm going to sperg about weapon related things then this is the place to do it. Eat dicks.
No u :^) You could have done any number of things to get a better response. Yet you met my post with sour hatred and genuine malcontent for your fellow man. What you could have done is politely asked me to go in depth. Your posts have literally all been shitposts, the only thing your missing is a smug anime face. KYS
>>30499366
>Tfw I live in ohio. Time to shine lads. Gonna ask my local sheriff on this one.
>>
>>30498523
>what is rifling
>>
File: 1459090348893.png (252 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
1459090348893.png
252 KB, 640x616
>>30499413
>you heavily implied it

No I didn't. For derringers to start flooding the market people would have to start using them over guns that they already have, which means that people are reverting to old technology. Again, you're just twisting my words because you're a disingenuous turd, which I'd imagine is also why you keep bringing up Hillary despite me never mentioning her.

Your entire post is mealymouthed BS and if you want to take your ball and go home that's fine by me since you seem incapable of doing anything but throwing insults at people who poke holes in your anime-style fantasy about being super kewl and purging the people who disagree with your political beliefs.

Here's your smug anime face you samefagging 'tard.

>MFW it's easier to talk trash when you're hiding behind the internet and /pol/ knows this
>>
>>30499547
My god I hope you're b8. Otherwise end yourself, for fuck's sake. Please either kill yourself or return to the cesspool from whence you came. Nice anime though
>>
>>30499547
>>30499413
This is why we need honor duels. You faggot should just kill each other instead of shitting up the thread.
>>
If you could challenge the president to a duel we would hold elections every week.

Comprising, civility, and patience are the standard today.
>>
>>30498523
Hi OP.

>Why isn't dueling legal anymore?

Niggers.

>"Holup cracka ima dooelin' ya mofugga"
>"But sir I don't even know you !"
>"Shiieet white boi u gonna pussy out nigga ?"
>"Can someone call the police I'm being assaulted !"
>"dis ma glawk fowty dawg nowadamsayin nigga ? U already know."
>"HELP ! HELP !
>BANG BANG BANG GANGBANG (hol'up!)
>"Damn nigga keepin it real mayne u sure show dis cracka who's boss in da hood nigga"
>"Shiiiiieeeeeeet nigga"
>"Where da white womyn at nigga ?"

Any questions ?

You may also notice the law abiding citizen wasn't carrying.

Carrying is a great reppelant against deadly niggers.
>>
File: D.png (595 KB, 473x680) Image search: [Google]
D.png
595 KB, 473x680
>>30499547
That's it. I challenge you to a duel, I've had it with your shit.
>>30499652
see
>>30498724
thanks for popping in!
>>
>>30499152

That faggot in the black hat is... a huge faggot.
>>
>>30499621
>Say you won't reply
>Reply

Well it's not the first time ITT you've been dishonest.

>>30499634
Dude this thread was shit from the get-go.

>Hey guys, what if we all just acted like Americans of the basketball persuasion and solved everything with violence?

>>30499685
You got it.

Pointy sticks at dawn.
>>
>>30498616
>3 founding fathers....Hamilton, Gwinnette, Spaight...died in duels
>Hamilton
No loss there

>>30498669
More to the point, you could back out of the duel and lose face. Abraham Lincoln once pissed off a guy to the point of getting challenged to a duel because he used to write lengthy letters about how various people in his community sucked--and leave them on a road that person was sure to find said message-- but, iirc, their seconds intervened before shots were fired and Lincoln apologized for being an asshole.
>and after that brush with death he never wrote another letter like that again
>>
>>30499748
This thread was and is fine. And fine, I shall bring two of my finest and pointiest sticks.
>>
>>30499652
That's actually murder since he didn't called called on his lawyers, made an appointment between his opponent nor did he even had doctors and police at the the area. In short, he'll get charged for violating the regulations required for dueling
>>
>>30499129
This. Same reason suicide is illegal and even people with super cancer have few rights in a lot of states.
>>
>>30499748
this thread is fine

kill yourself my man
>>
File: 1464737669195.jpg (37 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
1464737669195.jpg
37 KB, 500x324
>>30499034
>This is bad how?
oh please, just shut the everloving fuck up, you tryhard and "totally ironically edgy" le-selfdiagnosed-sociopath faggot
>>
>ITT: People who know jack shit about dueling and don't know shit about regulations involved in the process
>>
>>30499839
>this thread is fine

If you're not into realism, sure.
>>
>>30499871
And by realism you mean smug anime girls and flinging insults?
>>
>>30499871
>smug anime girls

DIE!
>>
>>30499039
>non-fatal injury
Mace, tonfas, tasers, paintballs, pepperballs, jarate

These sound nasty & hilarious.
>>
In most duels people purposefully missed anyways
Other than hard mother fuckers like Old Hickory they really were quite boring
>>
>>30499923
Anime isn't real, insults are.

That being said, I meant thinking that bringing back duels will fix jack shit that's wrong with society. It won't.

>>30499961
He asked for it.
>>
>>30499990
>Anime isn't real
You take that back motherfucker
>>
>>30500013
Only if you duel me faget
>>
File: image.gif (553 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
553 KB, 320x238
>>30499634
Yes
>>
>>30498567
>posts his opinion
>edgelord when told to go to a relevant board
>>
>>30498523
I think the closest this faggot society sill get is the mutual combat thing they have in WA. Also if that's true about Jackson then what a badass.
>>
>>30498646
Das it mane
>>
>>30498968
>Because people would die in droves because of arguments about which anime girl is best/worst girl.

So no more trip fags. I don't see a problem with this.
>>
>>30499141
My god you're a fucking dummy, not a big shock though many liberals are. It's called mutual for a reason, dipshit. The other party would never agree.
>>
File: 1461796848373.jpg (56 KB, 702x535) Image search: [Google]
1461796848373.jpg
56 KB, 702x535
>>30499770
>lincoln did prank phone calls via letter
>almost died because of it
kek
>>
>>30498523
>I feel like we'd solve so many problems in society if we legalized dueling again.

Ask Hamilton how many problems dueling solves. Dueling is just chimping out with a thin veneer of civility.

Shooting someone because they call you a bitch or step on your shoes is for niggers, not rational men.
>>
>>30498523
The thing about honor back then is that it had everything to do with social standing and perception. If you're not an aristocrat or member of the nobility you have no honor to risk dying for.
>>
>>30499748
>Americans of the basketball persuasion
kek
>>
Dueling wouldn't eliminate cowards, it would kill the foolish and ignorant.
It would put bystanders at risk.
People would probably get injured rather than killed, most people can't afford or even want to buy health insurance let alone how many people that would put out of work and get put on welfare probably the rest of their life.
Funerals are expensive, people act crazy during that sort of thing sometimes, and it's a lot of grief most if someone does get killed.

Why not just get into a fisty cuffs with them, like some MMA shit with some ground rules worked out at a location that isn't public so it's not some dumb donnybrook that disturbs a bunch of people?
>>
>>30498523
this thread is 3 edgy 5 me

kys
>>
You know damn well every presidential campaign where a butthurt candidate got salty over the polls would end in a duel. Then there would be no point in holding elections if every year there's a duel that results in one less candidate. People would get nominated for their marksmanship over actual political knowledge
>>
>some butt gets mad at me for fuck knows what reason
>challenges me to a duel
>I say no

???
>>
>>30500717
You are legally declared a faggot
>>
File: 1465667542027.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465667542027.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>30498523
I think it is here in NH. I mean, you probably would get arrested but I think it is still technically on the books. I think its the same with our death penalty, its never used so the default execution method is still hanging
>>
>>30501055

And?
>>
>>30500584

I'm not seeing downside here.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.