[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French foreign legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 2VFJx17.jpg (391 KB, 2592x1820) Image search: [Google]
2VFJx17.jpg
391 KB, 2592x1820
I'm traveling to france in 2 weeks to join the french foreign legion. Until then I'll exercice from 4 am to 1 am (similar to their training).

Does anyone else here want to go to or have served the best milirary force known today?
>>
>>30498415
You are now a meme
>>
>>30498425
how so?
>>
>>30498425
/thread

i know two guys who served with them, one says it's nothing but a meme and the pay is shit

the other is an almost 70 years old Italian, who served with the FFL paras, back in the day when the legion just entered the path to becoming a meme. that guy is a fucking lunatic, literally. A killing machine, fitter in his age than i could ever get with my 25 years. Guy got legion tattoos with parachutes and shit all over his body, and a huge Waffen SS logo on his shoulder as his platoon commander was a German veteran.

I've been waiting for an opportunity to write something about him on /k/, but it doesn't really matter as OP doesn't have a timemachine and can't join the FFL when it was cool.
>>
>>30498415
>best milirary force known today
Yeah, okay. good luck, friend. You're going to need it
>>
>>30498430
Because the french foreign legion isn't the hardcore special forces army full of international thugs and german war criminals anymore, today it's just another French army branch. They pretty much adopted everything, besides the traditional stuff like armies and beards for pioneers, there's not much difference anymore. So, all that's left of former glory are beards and shit. Today, it's just a meme.

Spanish legion also btw, it's not even a foreign legion anymore. Today, non-spanish citizens aren't allowed. Back in the day everyone could join, then they changed it to spanish language natives from former colonies, today it's just spaniards.
>>
>>30498482
>like armies

uniforms i mean
>>
>>30498415
90% of your comrades will be Slavs, your pay will be shit, and the country's people you'll serve will discriminate you as a thug. Have fun and remember, it's not just demeaning looks in the baguetterie, those fuckers will also spit in your coffee. So watch out outside the base.
>>
>>30498509
>country's people you'll serve will discriminate you as a thug

wat no

we love our FFL guys.

we just don't love them as much as let's say the Scottish like their troops.
>>
>>30498571
>we just don't love them as much as let's say the Scottish like their troops.

what kind of weird comparison is that

is it supposed to mean you don't like the FFL, as there's no Scottish army?
>>
>>30498453
it's the only way for me to join the army so I don't really have a choice. Même or not, il joining.

>>30498509
Then i'll take it as part of the job
>>
>>30498415
You'll get sent home with a little letter that doesn't explain why you failed. I guarantee it 100%
>>
Just don't read magazines about people who died serving in FFL that you might find in the camp :^)
>>
>>30498415
>"I'm traveling to france"
lol makes me sound adult
>I'll only start exercising two weeks beforehand and overwork my body
/k/ wont know i'm lying
>best milirary
LOL
>>
>>30498415
How about your French? Did you already start learning?

It's obligatory to learn in the meme legion
>>
>>30498415
Why are you blabbering to everyone about it on a Nepalese finger painting board, and 2 weeks is no where near enough time to prepare.

If you truly want to join, quit your current job and exercise religiously 6 days a week, but none of that 4am to 1am bullshit.

4hours a day is good, except for when you practice ruck marches (do 6h).

Once you feel you are ready, do another week or two and then go.

If you try to work out 21hours a day for 2 weeks straight you are just gonna burn out/give up/slack it or something along those lines.

get yourself together and stop being an idiot.
>>
>>30498963
I already exercice every day, it will now shift to 4am to 1 am to get used to how my life will be when I join. I know what my limits are and will make sure I don't overwork my body.

I don't need to prove anything to you over the Internet, time will tell if I pass or not.

>>30498753
Then I wasn't ready and will go for thé swedish army instead
>>
>>30499043
already learning.

>>30499056
I am ready, thus i'm giving myself 2 weeks extra before I go to join
>>
i just dont understand why people unironically join military not for easy money, except when they are part of big military dynasty.
>>
>>30499116
>easy money
Yeah, nice one.
>>
>>30499089
Thats great, btw what did you do to practice for the rope climb?

Did you actually get a rope or just do more pullups to compensate.

I live in a city and the only place that sells rope good enough to climb is a fucking hardware store at 7 eur a meter.

Paying 40+ euros for a rope to climb is unacceptable for me.

btw I did my own countrys mil first, now Ive been out for a month and only just started prepping for legion. Around christmas I should be more than ready.
>>
>>30499116
>easy money

kek
>>
>>30498571
>we just don't love them as much as let's say the Scottish like their troops.

The Scottish tend to hate their troops, they cannot even fill their own Regiments so rely on commonwealth troops to make up the numbers.
>>
>>30498415
Prépare toi à douiller sévère, c'est VRAIMENT pas facile et pleins de gens n'y arrivent pas
>>
>>30498415
Dont, You'll regret it.
>>
>>30499130
>>30499145
Im from Russia. it is if you are retard who doesnt have any skills, cant get a degree(wow, just like me) or live in the part of your country where there are literally no jobs with salaried higher than 300$(after 2014 its 100% kek). I mean, only desperados join mltr.
>>
>>30499214
Coбoлeзнyю, дpyжищe.
>>
File: pls lv.jpg (57 KB, 830x700) Image search: [Google]
pls lv.jpg
57 KB, 830x700
>>30499228
>>
>>30499143
bought a rope and practiced. Money isn't a problem
>>
You'll be rejected like the 80% of the more in shape and more qualified peopled trying to get in
>>
>>30499089
Switch your phone to English spellcheck ffs.

If you got any question concerning joining the Swedish army feel free to ask me.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.