[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/K/ recommend me a pistol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 495x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 495x640
AR fag here..So I haven't owned a pistol in a while, i had a browning 22 as a kid, but that's it. I am looking for something for home defense..

I shot a glock 17 and Sig P226 at the range yesterday, I am really liking the Sig, but the glock seems so simple. Money is really not an issue, I have $1400 to spend.

So tell me /K/, what do you keep on your night stand and why?
>>
File: IMG_2940.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2940.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
P229 enhanced with Viridian laser/light.

Lazer/light cuz tacticool and lights off situations. I carry a small blowback .380 cause its light and small. But the Sig with 15+1 rounds and a lazerlight is heavy and a bit annoying to carry so its a glovebox/nightsand.

No safety cuz its one more thing to train on, SDA so it technically does have a safety feature. Night sites with light and lazer for every advantage I can get.
>>
A taurus model 82s

>why
because I was a retard at 18 and bought a taurus without looking into the company as a whole.

I have learned since then.
>>
File: IMG_2937.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2937.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>30498324
kek, I have a wine taste on beer budget problem. I dime out on the nicest everything then pay off my credit card over two months or so.
>>
>>30498310
S&W M49 hammerless 5shot .38spl
>why
Because I live in CT and this is my cheapest revolver, the one I wouldn't mind parting with if I had to use it.
>>
>>30498310
As long as your first reaction when grabbing a pistol for defensive use ISNT molesting the side and fucking with all the levers and buttons, all pistols will be simple.

If you're purely looking for HD, the difference between a $500 and $1000 gun will mean absolutely nothing. Especially when both those options shoot just as big of a bullet just as hard, just as fast.

I loved the absolute shit out of my 226 until I took a home defense class. Found out that as much as it feels sex to me and I can shoot fly dicks standing still, I consistently angled the muzzle extremely downward (talking 2-3 feet low at 15 yards) whenever I had to shoot instinctively so I personally switched to Glock. Glocks are harder for me to shoot paper with because of how my wrists work but they point just about perfectly when I instinctively aim
>>
>>30498343
Also IIRC most 226's come with night sights, but you could buy three sets of after market sights for the glock and probably still come out on top
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3177x2203) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3177x2203
I went with pic related. Proven reliability, easy to use, easy to maintain and value priced.
>>
File: IMG_3008.jpg (676 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3008.jpg
676 KB, 2448x3264
>>30498343
I guess if you really couldn't get comfortable with the 226 that makes sense. IDFK how you were shooting that low I'm guessing you were jerking the DA trigger while on the move or some shit. I train shooting eyes open and often shoot before I actually have site alignment/picture. I'm guessing you're just a pleb.
>>
File: image.gif (99 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
99 KB, 800x600
>>30498343
OP here. Thank you for your honesty. I was thinking the same thing because I really dig the tacticool P226 Navy, but it might be too much disco shit. Fuck, even a High Point with do the same thing. I just need to put lead down range . I just don't trust High Point and can't bring myself to owning such a nig-nog piece. I am really liking how simple the glock is. My uncle just got a Glock 17 9mm and loves it. Does the trigger feel odd though? Forgive my ignorance but..They have a 2 stage trigger that acts like a semi-safety right?
>>
>>30498310
I EDC a USP in .45, and keep it on my nightstand when I'm not carrying. I also have an AR next to my bed.
>>
>>30498395
I wouldn't call it a two stage, that little nipple thing on the trigger depresses with like .01 lbs.
>>
If you want something reliable at a decent price, pretty much any of the big kraut names will be fine, sig, glock, Walther. I have a Walther p99 AS that I love. I keep it ready for home defense. If you're looking for a 9mm I would take a seriously look at the p99. Also look into the AS (anti stress) model. Check it out on youtube or something. Its basically a double action striker. It's a great gun and it's not massive if you ever think you might want to carry it. I'm a bigger guy and I can get away carrying it without printing too bad in the summer. During winter it's not an issue.

Had a sig p220 that was my baby before it was stolen. Sig isn't quite what the used to be but they're still great guns.

Glocks are great guns. I got a 43 for my wife and she loves it. I'm coming around. For some reason glock in general just feels like a bit of a meme to me personally. I think it just cause every wanna be rapper would "bust a cap in your ass wif my glock yo !" But I've never had a problem with any I've shot. Like I said I'm coming around.
>>
AR > pistol for home defense
>>
>>30498310
IWI Jericho 941 9mm
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
Sometimes products are trendy because they are good products. ( sometimes not). I never wanted a glock because I though they were nig-tier. But I started to see more and more of my law-enforcement buddies carry them. Now the military might switch to them ( maybe that deal is done).
>>
>>30498310

>home defense
>pistol

buy literally any 12ga or 20ga shotgun and load it with 00 buck for 12ga, or #3 buck for 20ga.

>now get out
>>
>>30498322
I want to build an 80% P229 so badly but I can't find new parts (slide, barrel, etc) and can only find police trade in parts.

Life is suffering.
>>
>>30498310

A Glock 21 with a TLR-1 on it. I started using the Glock when I was carrying my P-09, but now that I carry something different I have considered going back to the P-09 as a bedside gun. I would make that change because the P-09 has larger factory magazines and I like 9mm more than .45. But I also want to put a red dot on the Glock because I can barely see sights without my glasses.
>>
FNX 9
I like how it fits in my hand and for a polymer frame the recoil is quite manageable. Plus its hammer fired and dao/sao
>>
>>30498786
D/sa Im retarded
>>
>>30498310

RUGER sp101 for nightstand (low chance of jam, and if the ammo is faulty just keep pulling)

Glock 19 for carry (capacity weight, no safety, easy)
>>
File: 1454216302552.jpg (660 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454216302552.jpg
660 KB, 1920x1080
>>30498310
226 is sexy, G17 is pretty standard, but give the P320 a try. Best of both worlds kind of thing.
>>
>>30498879
>polymer frame
>striker fired

How exactly is that a middle ground with the P226?
>>
>>30498507
>But I started to see more and more of my law-enforcement buddies carry them

It's because cops are the same as niggers. Don't you know they also carry 22's and 23's?
>>
>>30498310
Two ruger vaqueros in 44 mag and a stetson
>>
File: IMAG1169.jpg (3 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1169.jpg
3 MB, 2688x1520
>2016
>not having matching ar, mk 25, benchmade auto knife
>>
buy a rock island armory 1911 for like 400 dollars.
GI, 45 ACP, it's only 16 dollars for 50 rounds at walmart. good gun, war tested.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.