[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dunno where to start this thread so I'll begin here. 25
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (22 KB, 370x278) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
22 KB, 370x278
Dunno where to start this thread so I'll begin here.

25 years old in October. Work a dead end, physically strenuous job. Do nothing but drink and lift in my occasional spare time, along with doing a ball of cocaine a weekend. Tired of working my ass off to go nowhere, all whilst being the hardest worker in the room. Just want to bust my ass for a reason. Is military the best route?

If this isn't the right board, please direct me to it.

Pic very much unrelated
>>
>>30495351
So long as you do anything besides the Marines, it's worth it.
>>
>>30495373
Why the marines specifically?
>>
>>30495373
Why not the Marines?
>>
>>30495379
>>30495380

You're basically in infantry forever, and all the cool jobs where you learn something useful are in the Navy, air force, and even the national guard.
>>
>>30495393
What does marine infantry entail? Specifically as it pertains to the other branches you've named?

Please excuse the ignorance
>>
>>30495351
>along with doing a ball of cocaine a weekend

enjoy the monthly piss tests and "random" health and welfare inspections for however long you last.
>>
Yayo is easy to drop bud. Even more so in a place that requires and expects accountability
>>
>>30495414
>What does marine infantry entail?

Infantry, minus things like Navy Seals and highly qualified jobs are the lowest common denominator in the armed forces. They are there because they could not get a high enough score on the the asvab test to a get a job, but were not low enough to be considered legally retarded. The exceptions are there because of ego issues. While you maybe be able to change to another job in other branches and succeed in life, you cannot do much in the Marines minus a few decent jobs that are extremely hard to get. But hey, it's possible to change branches, just really hard.
>>
>physically strenuous job you're tired of
>Join the military
Son...
>>
>>30495478
>Work a dead end, physically strenuous job.
>dead end.

Reading comprehension bro.
>>
>>30495512
Unless you're an officer, military is pretty dead end unless you're a POG working a trade
>>
25 is a little old for this don't you think? Aren't 90% of people going in 18-20?

You will be 30 when you get out. Best case scenario
>>
>>30495529
Military is not dead end, it has a ton of benefits. The problem is that most people who join the military are people who would never have succeeded in life without it.
>>
>>30495478
Oh please don't misunderstand.. I enjoy workin my ass off. I'm tired of doing it knowing that at the end of the day I go home, and ive gotta pay everyone around me to sit at a desk and do nothing.

I want to do a job, not pay monetarily to go to a bed after I earned a living for a day, and do it all again.

I don't want to be valued by how many green pieces of paper I have in my pocket, but how hard I work on any given day; either as an individual or in a group.

If I'm under some disillusion.. Well, that's why I made the thread.
>>
>>30495463
>They are there because they could not get a high enough score on the the asvab test to a get a job

My GT was 119. I killed the ASVAB, then went 11 series because if you're going to be in the Army, you may as well be a real soldier.

You want votech training go to Job Corps or a community college. You can learn how to be a mechanic without exposing yourself to getting shot at, and also if you go to an industry sponsored school you won't be called out for a glorified parts changer who can only work on two or three specific vehicles once you get out and try to find a civilian job.

Why join the world's finest military to learn how to be a blue collar schmoe? Join the infantry, and then when you're stuck in that same blue collar job three years later you've got some manly stories to tell instead of how you did the exact same shit for lower pay.
>>
>>30495533
I don't want to get in just to get out.
I want to make a living where honestly working hard gets you somewhere.
>>
>>30495567
Sounds like you're a loser.

Quit your shitty meaningless job and fucking GET MONEY

The only people I have heard saying shit like you are saying.. broke dick losers.

Make something of yourself instead of being cannon fodder for the kikes.

:(
>>
>>30495567
I worked with a guy who gave me the exact same "money is meaningless" speech. As soon as he was done, he asked if he could buy my van so he could live in it.
>>
>>30495597

25 is fucking ancient during basic training. It's going to be a lot harder to put up with the lifestyle if you've already gotten used to being an adult civilian.
>>
>>30495351
this whole post is full of bad decisions and logically inconsistent thought processes by a guy who clearly highly overrates his own usefulness. sounds like you belong in the marine corps
>>
>>30495629
Don't share The same values homie. Money isn't my prime concern. Cannon fodder to make sure you get another day insulting people on the internet doesn't seem like any worse a way to go than having a heart attack.. Or being hit by a car... Or just being old and taking a lifelong nap
>>
>>30495596
>you've got some manly stories to tell

No one cares about the time that you did pushups in basic or the other time when your unit made you stay until 1900 to find the NVGs that pvt retard lost though
>>
>>30495674
>>30495671
>>30495373
Marines it is.
Preciate it /k/. Got all the info I need.
>>
>>30495596
>My GT was 119.
No it wasn't
>I killed the ASVAB, then went 11 series because if you're going to be in the Army, you may as well be a real soldier.
I hear this a lot from salty as fuck infantry. Peace time infantry is boring as fuck. But you can keep telling yourself that your a real soldier unlike other MOS.
>>
>>30495699
I'm taking a swimming class right now, I'm like 140 pounds skin and bone. I am a better swimmer than the Marines in the my class. It's pretty sad. I asked them if they ever got any training in basic, and they told me that they were only required to go to the other side of a pool. I never would have thought that Marines are so terrible at swimming.
>>
>>30495739
>in my class*

typo
>>
>>30495739
>yfw a bunch of marines drowned at boot
>>
>>30495773
All of them were black I'm guessing
>>
Nope.

You feel unfulfilled in life and I doubt you would in the military.

You need to find something you enjoy, work or not to keep your interest.

Stop the blow and spend it on some classes that interest you. Something creative.

Do some volunteer work get off 4chan and live.
>>
>>30495727
>Doesn't want dead end
>Ops for Marines
Anon although I'm sorta in the same situation as you but these guys
>>30495596
>>30495529
>>30495393
seem to have the right idea. Unless you have a college degree or score as high as you get on the weekends on the ASVAB you'll most likely end up in a dead end while fucking up your back and knees beyond repair.
Go for a pog job in the Navy or even chair force, you'll get transferable skills when and if you decide to go back to the civvie life
>>
File: 117.jpg (164 KB, 650x737) Image search: [Google]
117.jpg
164 KB, 650x737
>>30495731

Time to confess that you were right. I went back and checked it and it was only a 117.

Not that it matters, but when I say "real soldier" what I mean is the primary reason that anybody is there, not that POGs are not "real" soldiers. More like why join the Air Force if you don't get to fly planes? Why join the Navy if you're not going to be on a ship sailing around the world. In my line of thinking if I wasn't going into a Combat Arms MOS then I might as well have gone to votech, because Combat Arms is the only experience you can't get somewhere else.
>>
>>30496083
>blocking out your date of rank
Why?
>>
>>30496083
>why join the Air Force if you don't get to fly planes?

Yeah who knows why 99% of the Air Force joined, holy shit you're retarded I guess that's why you went infantry
>>
>>30496099

Because I'm paranoid, I guess.
>>
>>30496144
Paranoid of what?
>>
File: Manca.png (465 KB, 537x582) Image search: [Google]
Manca.png
465 KB, 537x582
>>30495597
>>30495671

I turned 24 in AF BMT
turned 32 in Army BCT

you will be considered the "ancient guy"
the first 6-10 months are more difficult for us older guys because we are more set in our ways, so when we receive a stupid instruction we're more likely to have a problem with it. So it will be very important to keep your head down, grit your teeth and eat the shit sandwich.

on the upside, as an older guy, you're way less likely to have an alcohol related incident, and you will be WAY more financially responsible than the 18 y/o who has never had to pay rent, taxes or insurance. So long as you're not a moron, it will be easier to excel above your squadmates.

while you're in AIT, Tech school, A-school, whatever, the 18-20 chicks with daddy issues are going to gravitate towards you. You decide whether or not to roll the dice.

pic so people will stop and read
>>
>>30495351
Bro listen lay off the yay for a bit and get into hallucinogenics.

If you feel misguided and directionless, yay won't help if that's all you're doing. You need a few grams of shrooms or a hit of some acid. MDMA is also a good choice.

Also, shoot responsibly and don't be a faggot. This should be obvious.
>>
>>30495351
Blow all your money on drugs and alcohol no wonder your life isnt going anywhere
>>
>>30495629
>>30495691
easiest board to troll, always and forever
>>
>>30496225
Why would you go to the Army after being in the AF? Did they kick you out for not making NCO?
>>
>>30495629
>Quit your shitty meaningless job and fucking GET MONEY

explain, please
>>
>>30495455
Found the scrawny faggot who thinks he got money and does drugs.
Fucking shits.
>>
>>30495567
You seem to have already realized that consumerism is a hollow lie that leaves you feeling empty. As far as fulfillment goes, I believe you'll only ever truly find it in God. Barring that, military is a pretty good way to serve something bigger than yourself, which can scratch that itch. Comradery is a big bonus, too. And you can always do an enlisted career.
>>
>>30498173
Not OP but I truly desire to know more. I want everything that comes along with religion but nothing has ever even come close to making me believe. Can I just pretend?
>>
Basically

>go to vocational school
>have to pay for it

>join military and do something that you can get a job doing after you get out
>get paid to learn to do a job
>get paid while training
>all while low expenses for everything else and ez healthcare etc

>join military and go infantry
>might fuck up joints
>learn nothing useful
>you can look down on the smart people who didn't do infantry
>>
>>30497810
There was no future for me there. I was Security Forces coded for nuke bases, reenlisting would have landed me back at Minot, which I had already escaped once.
Had I stayed, I would have tried to beat Hassan's score.
Now I work in a comm shop, so long as I keep my shit squared away, I (mostly) get treated like an adult.
Air Force was the biggest mistake of my life,
>>
>>30495562
This. Never went to college and make 50k/yr. still have my GIB(Medat).
If you're using the military as a crutch/get out of jail free, you won't be successful there. You'll do 4 years and get out with an other than honerable and a mustang you can't afford married to a stripper.
>>
>>30495567
You may find what you're looking for temporarily in the military. But as soon as you blow your knee out, or fail a PT test, you'll be out and back at square one. If you want to stop feeling hollow:
1: stop with the Coke. I was a Coke head and I can relate
2: cut ties with your Coke friends
3: spend your Coke money on school
4: get a better paying job and find a respectable woman
5: have white children who love you
>>
>>30497203
>shrooms
>yay
>giving advice on spirituality/mental health
>>
>>30495351
Maybe you'd go somewhere if you stopped wasting that much cash on cocaine
>>
>>30495351
It's simple (yet so hard sometimes)
1. Become muslim
2. Stop grave sinning
3. Learn a trade
4. Marry muslima and make kids
5. Get some diy hobby
Steps 2-5 are in random order.
>>30498743
Islam is the best way, being muslim is a legit proces.
>>
>>30502363

Agreed. Islam is the best and most wholesome way of life.
>>
>>30502388
Salam. Very true and nice looking digits brother.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.