[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/sg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 500x214) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 500x214
What do you think of the /k/sg? Is it worth forking out 1k? Is it reliable and good for home defense? Help me out /k/. Also if it's not good, recommend me something else.
>>
wait to find one for $800 or less, new.

you'll need to spend at least $200 on a grip, shell deflector, aluminum rail to cover the plastic pump rail, kydex cheek rest, and iron sights.

they're not bad shotguns. about the only thing they don't do well for shooting clays.
>>
File: Remington 1740-porch.jpg (42 KB, 592x458) Image search: [Google]
Remington 1740-porch.jpg
42 KB, 592x458
It's your money, but you can get two or three regular pump guns for that money.
>>
>>30491164
>Is X worth it?
Stop this. We have no idea how much you value your money.

I bought a lel kek because I wanted a 12 gauge and was ok paying twice as much (compared to a 590) for space gun aesthetics.

It's a pain to load. It can be done one handed without looking at the chamber, just takes some practice.

It will fail to feed if you don't SLAM the pump back every time. You can feel if the shell doesn't pop out the tube, and just unlock and pump again to get it loaded.
>>
File: IMG_1323.jpg (1015 KB, 4272x2848) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1323.jpg
1015 KB, 4272x2848
>>30491164
I got mine for around $700. It's fun but it's not as trouble-free as the more pedestrian shotguns like Mossbergs and Remingtons. You must cycle the action with some authority or you will not reliably release the next shell from the magazine. I tried using a hand stop kit instead of the foregrip but it was less comfortable and I had more issues with feeding, so the vertical grip went back on.

If you keep your firing hand elbow tucked into your side you will get hit by ejecting empties. If you keep your elbow up you won't have that problem. Felt recoil is a bit stout and the factory pad is not as effective as those on my Mossbergs. They released a replacement pad last year but I haven't tried it yet.
>>
File: mossberg-590a1-sights.jpg (959 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
mossberg-590a1-sights.jpg
959 KB, 1200x798
>>30491164
It's not terrible but if you're a newbie I think you'll get better mileage out if a Mossberg 590A1, easier to get used to.
>>
>>30491164
Never shot one but it seems like it is PFC - pretty fucking cool. I'd drop a grand on it.
>>
>>30491164
I like the turkroach one better because you can alternate between tubes after every shot automatically, or just pull from one or the other.
It'a also apparently a little better for shooting skeet than the KSG. Unfortunately it's prone to fuckups.

I've seen a few KSG's in my local pawn shops for around $800 and I am tempted, but the super short barrel is a but of a bummer.
>>
File: 20160417_225033.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
20160417_225033.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
>>30491243
>be in az
>find one for 700 used with all those upgrades less a vertical grip, which I installed the same day

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
File: 20150506_182657.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150506_182657.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
They're good to go but not as efficient as a basic bitch pump gun.
>>
>>30491164
My lgs's have them around 820. I've been considering it.
>>
What about a gen 3 utas?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.