[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying my first handgun soon, thinking of an EAA Tanfoglio Witness,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 648915_ts.jpg (87 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
648915_ts.jpg
87 KB, 1155x1155
Buying my first handgun soon, thinking of an EAA Tanfoglio Witness, the polymer one. Thoughts?
>>
>>30489671
>Tanfoglio product--the poor man's Taurus

You're doing it wrong. You want a polymer framed service pistol? Try a Glock or an M&P.
>>
Try the Canik tp9sa 350$ pretty gud first time
>>
>Italian version of a Czech version of a Browning Hi Power

They're okay, I guess.
>>
>>30489671
Get a Glock, dude. Spend your life in happy land.
>>
>>30489671
Go to a gun store and fingerfuck a bunch, shoot every handgun you can by renting / bumming off friends. Making a first time handgun purchase based solely on looks/specs is not advisable.

Don't buy a first handgun just because it's cheap.

Don't buy a subcompact.

You may also want to consider something that isn't a special snowflake - you'll have an easier time with holsters and accessories. Save snowflakes for down the road when there are specific features you /know/ you want.

When you get one, buy a fuckton of ammo and practice until you hate yourself.
>>
>>30489737
Why don't you name something wrong with them? You probably can't because you've never used one.

>>30489977
Follow this advice. The best gun is something that's reliable, feels good to hold, and feels good to use.
>>
>>30489903
>tripfag
>recommends T*rk shit

Yep everything checks out.
>>
>>30490034
Don't believe that, Any gun for a newbie is something new to learn. Don't get caught up in caliber arguements or reliability, look at weight (soak up recoil), ammo costs to be able to practice and become oper8tor, plus trigger. Human bodies can't tell all that much of a difference between pistol caliber bullets BUT your walls will. So put that fact that when you punch those thru dindu you'll be slicing through your other rooms as well. Practice practice practice = expensive = less range time. I bought a Caniktp9sa so my wife can learn on an easy platform, I don't buy into politics when it comes to inanimate objects fAm
>>
>>30490034
>censoring anything on 4chan
>calling a namefag a tripfag
How's it feel to be a mongoloid?

Also I have a Canik 55, and love it, although I wouldn't recommend it as a first gun because the stock trigger and grips are dogshit.
>>
>>30489977
Listen to this guy, any clean gun with no manufactured problems will function. Plus don't buy shit ammo
>>
>>30489977
What's wrong with subcompacts for fucks sake?
>>
>>30490072
How's it been holding up? Mines only had one malfunction from shit perfecta ammo. Maybe 600ish rounds in over here. 4lbish trigger on mine stock btw op
>>
>>30490084
Absolutely nothing, they're just a shit way to learn and practice. Reloading every 7 shots blows, and shooting a tiny gun blows. They're designed for CC, and excel at CC. Not range shooting, which is what a new handgun shooter should focus on.
>>
File: Witness_fractured_slide.jpg (15 KB, 400x331) Image search: [Google]
Witness_fractured_slide.jpg
15 KB, 400x331
>>30490022
>Why don't you name something wrong with them?

Tanfoglio? They use shitty, badly heat-treated castings to make CZ knockoffs that cost about $50 less than the real thing--and you can usually find used CZs for less money than new Tanfoglios.

Here's a picture of a fractured Tanfoglio cast slide.

Tanfoglio products are Taurus-tier, one tiny babby step above Hi-Point.
>>
>>30490108
I see. Makes sense, agreed
>>
>>30490084
Less weight = more felt recoil. On the other hand, don't be a bitch.
>>
>>30489671
Make sure it's a new production gun, within the past year and a half. Previous models had a lot of frame cracking issues, but anything marked "large frame" won't have those issues.

I don't know all that much about the non-Custom Shop guns. I've been shooting with Tanfoglio competition handguns for years, and I love them.
>>
>>30490106
Mine is a little sensitive to hard primers because I replaced the mainspring with a lighter one, and the mags don't drop free as easily as the should. But with Hogue grips and the lightened trigger it's my best range gun.

The fit and finish on the interior is laughable, I should add.
>>
>>30490169
Also, I would agree with other anons. Look at Canik/Tri-Star if you want a good pistol for the money. Like I said, I only know about Tanfoglio custom shop guns and I know jack shit about their production models.
>>
I used to sell guns. before you buy a gun for use(this doesn't include that one gun youve dreamed of owning for years) go to a bunch of gunstores and hold every handgun. You are looking for one that feels amazing. As long as it fits your hand, is from a reputable manufacturer and is in a common caliber you have found a match.

Also remember to factor in the cost of stuff like mags/accessories for oddballs like the witness they are going to cost a bit more. PS DON"T LET THE CLERK PRESSURE YOU!!!!
>>
Op where are you, don't just read all this shit and say wow thank guys I your head and close the tab to continue on with your day.
>>
>>30490119
Hey thanks for posting this. I had no idea and figured you were just one of those "muh glawk" types.
>>
>>30490072
T*rk is an /int/ meme
>>
File: 1465571151213.jpg (78 KB, 863x666) Image search: [Google]
1465571151213.jpg
78 KB, 863x666
>>30489671
What will you be using it for and budget?

I would get a Sphinx
>>
File: cz-usa-cz-p-071.png (805 KB, 1117x745) Image search: [Google]
cz-usa-cz-p-071.png
805 KB, 1117x745
>>30489671
If you're getting a Polymer CZ, why not a P07/9?
>>
>>30489737
Yeah naw eaa or tangfolio or whatever that company is makes better shit than taurus.
>>30490034
>Lol turk shit
The only argument idiots have against canik.they make better cz75s than cz itself.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.