[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a great stock trigger on a handgun? I'm trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 76601_1.jpg (20 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
76601_1.jpg
20 KB, 500x324
What's a great stock trigger on a handgun? I'm trying to find a great range toy for around $650 but have heard that stock triggers of mos guns are ass in that price range.

I'd prefer a semi-auto as opposed to a revolver, but since it's going to just be for plinking and putting holes in paper it doesn't matter much.

pic related, what i'm possibly considering
>>
>>30486915
I never understood why people obsess over the trigger so much. I can still shoot just fine with a heavy trigger.
>>
My buddy's police trade in g22 he bought yesterday for $299 has a great trigger. That said, get a RIA 1911 and a honing stone setup and it'll be as good as you can get. Or do a drop in trigger
>>
>>30486926
I've heard RIA is shit tier for 1911's, but i'll give them a look. What model do you recommend?
>>
>>30486915
>heard that stock triggers of mos guns are ass in that price range

From who?

That's the high side of the standard pistol price range, pretty much everything from $550 to $650 will have a decent trigger.

I'm inclined to agree with >>30486919, but that may just be because I grew up on revolvers and a shitty old PPK/s so just about anything feels fine to me.
>>
>>30486949
I only have a Glock 19 to compare to, and it's complete dogshit in terms of trigger pull. As a CCW gun it gets the job done, but i'm looking for more of a range toy/safe queen.
>>
>>30486939

RIA 1911s are just fine. And GI model
>>
>>30487006
Sweet, i'll have to try one out at the range. I'd really like a 1911, but .45 ACP seems to be decently more expensive than 9mm, which makes me a bit skeptical.
>>
>>30486998
Striker guns generally seem to have meh triggers and since they have no SA mode it's the same degree of meh every time. You've probably got the money for a new P226/229, if not then you've definitely got the money for a used one. You also have the money for a GP100, which will let you shoot pretty much any .357 that wasn't loaded for the specific purpose of blowing up a GP100.
>>
>>30487061
I'd rather get a CZ-75B than a P226 honestly.
>>
>>30486919
>Why is tight pussy preferred over loose? I can finish in both.

It feels better.
>>
CZ all day
>>
>>30487061 226/229
This, but look for used Elite version with short reset trigger. You could just get the kit and put it into a vanilla one (like I did, also the short reach trigger), but you said stock.
>>
>>30487195
Not the Boat Anchor (mk 25) version?
>>
>>30487214
Not for that budget, even used. One of the directors at work got a barely used Elite for less than 600 at Cabelas though.
>>
>>30487125
Then go for it, those are also good guns.
>>
>>30486915
If you're looking for a cheap range toy with a great trigger, try a Walther PPX. You can still get them for about $300 from CDNN. Their trigger is unbelievable for the price. Most people don't care for the looks and it's too big to CC, but for a range toy it shoots great.
>>
>>30486915
>What's a great stock trigger on a handgun?
>$650

P320, VP9, PPQ, Trade in 226
>>
What about a CZ 75 compact? Are those decent? I have smaller hands and the glovk 19 fits me very well.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.