[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All the .22 is gone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: 22LR_cartridges.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
22LR_cartridges.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
Commifornian here. Every gun store in my city has been picked clean of .22LR, even the ones selling it for 20 cents per round. I can't even find .22 short, which I can fire because I have a bolt action rifle. Looks like everyone went out and panic bought after Orlando and the new laws. Am I going to have to just sit on my rifle until November?
>>
>>30485716
Buy it online. Go to ammoseek. Might as well stock up before nobody ships to Cali due to ammo background checks.
>>
Buy at least 1000 Centerfire rounds of all calibers you shoot and plan on shooting, online and now.

5000 to 10000 .22lr
>>
Go across the border to Nevada, Oregon, Or Arizona. Buy rounds there in bulk and drive back home.

It's not illegal and that's what people are gonna do in 2019 anyway
>>
File: 12477918576.jpg (11 KB, 250x277) Image search: [Google]
12477918576.jpg
11 KB, 250x277
Non-american here - why is it gone?

Why aren't there small businesses pumping it out like there's no tomorrow?
>>
>>30485800
I'd rather not. Those places (beside Oregon which is farther away) are kinda known for their racism and general intolerant beliefs. I wouldn't be comfortable going there at all.
>>
>>30485801
Hoarders and speculators
>>
>>30485801
Because California's about the get ammo background checks, so business is going to dry up heavily. Not because gun owners are felons, but just because of ease of use and more hoops to jump through for a box.

It's not worth producing more for this shortage when soon demand will go down.
>>
>>30485801
>be american
>someone gets shot
>see it on news
>fug
>drive to walmart
>grab all the ammo off the shelves before everyone else does
>go home
>have no where to put 50k rounds
>fug
>use it at the range in the next 4 months
>repeat next time there is a school shooting
>>
>>30485818
>Racism and intolerable beliefs.
That's called being a fucking American you sandnigger jew wetback.
>>
>>30485818
i know this is bait, but
>triggered by racism
>posts on 4chan
what are you, some kind of niggerfaggot?
>>
>>30485801

California just passed a shit-ton of crazy gun laws, including insane ammo restrictions.
>>
>>30485801
small businesses sell reloaded ammo - you cannot reload 22
>>
>>30485818
>Those places (beside Oregon which is farther away) are kinda known for their racism and general intolerant beliefs. I wouldn't be comfortable going there at all.
>But Ill gladly visit 4chan.
>>
>>30485801
1. people panic buy when something gets banned or significant political shifts are anticipated. it happens with ammunition, drugs, toilet paper, and condoms.

2. it is expensive to manufacture ammunition on an industrial scale. a small shop can pump out a few ten thousand a day working full time with dedicated equipment and employees. that is a lot of investment of capital for a short term demand, where it is more economically viable to leverage capital on distributing bulk commercial ammunition locally and then stopping when demand stops.

3. california in particular has passed a bill that halts the legal purchase of ammunition outside of a face to face transaction. this also includes a fee and an ID system to and requires delivery to specifically licensed ammo dealers. many stores will elect to just not participate and stop selling ammo. many distributors will not comply with the demands of CA and will halt shipping to CA entirely. hence why people are worried.

personally, i'm exempt, but i plan on using my exemption to buy ammo for others with a small profit of beer or sausages.
>>
>>30485800
Oregon doesn't have a sales tax
>>
>>30485870
you also can't pump your own gas in oregon.
>>
>introduce gun and ammo ban
>triple quadruple the amount of said banned items in the state.
>somewhere in the future, when this ban expires or appealed, there is now MORE guns in the state than if they didn't do this.

Congrats, CA.
>>
>>30485873
Same with NJ
>>
>>30485873
And those fuckers turn into total retards when they come to my state and want gas.

>Had a guy get actually mad at me because I was ignoring him, working on shit.
>"Uh, excuse me, don't you think you should turn on my pump?"
>'No."
>"Uh, this is Oregon!"
>Point to the sign with all the basic 911 info on it.
>Kennewick, Washington.
>'No it isn't.'
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 400x462
>>30485873
>doesn't know the feel of driving up to a gas station when it's snowing/raining/sometimes both

>crack the window, hand over your card, and simple say fill regular.

>full tank of gas

>the minimum wage employee takes the full dose of the carcinogens for you

Fucking plebs these days man
>>
>>30485919
>>30485912
Im curious, whats the reasoning for this law?
Retards who think the pump is a squirt gun and proccedd to spray gasoline everywhere and just so happen to be playing with his lighter?
>>
>>30485939
Gotta get the meth heads jobs somehow.
>>
>>30485873
You say this like it's a bad thing,I can just sit comfy in my car while the guy who used to smoke weed during lunch in high school pumps my gas for me.
>>
>>30485716
Where do you live? There's allot of 22. ammo here in Los Angeles.
>>
>>30485830
Fucking kek too axcurwte
>>
>>30485774
I don't have or plan on acquiring any centerfire guns because I'm too much of a twig to fire anything bigger than .22LR without getting blown over by the recoil. I'll just try to get more .22LR.

>>30485853
Don't forget the background checks to buy ammo. Training for any kind of competition is going to mean a lot of work for whoever is doing those checks, because that means buying 400 rounds of .22 LR a week, probably in 4 transactions that each need a background check because even when they have .22LR retailers limit sales to 100 rounds per day.
>>
>>30486202
>I'm too much of a twig to handle anything bigger than .22
Dude you'll be fine, I was always a skinny little twig and I was able to handle 20 gauge at 12, and there's videos of kids younger than that handling full retard guns just fine.
>>
>>30485801
No. It's not worth the cost to devote new machinery to putting out a cheap product. Demand is higher and productivity is the same. If price went up enough, then it would be worth it. But then it will lose its status as a cheap plinking round. Some gun magazine had an article on it.
>>
File: 1464479270887.jpg (38 KB, 401x634) Image search: [Google]
1464479270887.jpg
38 KB, 401x634
>>30485716
>>30485830

Normally I would bitch about horders buying up all the ammo, but now that these new laws passed I don't blame people.

For all we know they will only grant three dealers in the whole state ammo licenses and there might be waiting list and rationing. Sure you can go to Arizona or whatever to buy ammo, but who is to say between now and January they don't enact laws that make it a felony to carry bullets into the state from another state?

Before you say that will never happen look at the laws that were just passed. Would you risk getting stopped and getting charged with a felony? A cop can make any reason for stopping you and at the rate the fourth amendment is going they can search you ....
>>
>>30485800
>Go across the border to Nevada, Oregon, Or Arizona
Gee I wonder why we tell Californians to go fuck themselves when they mention moving to our states.
>>
>>30486393
omfg

some fucking imbred retard actually believes that if you do that it will block the bullet

>shoot hole
i keked so fucking hard

i really hope this person tries this and loses their finger(s)
>>
>>30485801
No sense expanding production for temporary demand
>>
File: k_checks_the_chamber.gif (4 MB, 448x246) Image search: [Google]
k_checks_the_chamber.gif
4 MB, 448x246
>>30485831
>>30485834
>>30485840
No one knows your a nigger on the internet
>>
>>30485716
call Wal-Mart. They have an exact day, once a week when the ammo comes in. Be the first one there.
>>
>>30485818

Kill yourself shitskin
>>
>>30485818
Better avoid /k/ too because I'm feeling real intolerant of this faggotry.
>>
>>30486393
Jesus titty fucks. I hope that's real.
>>
>>30487311
the worst idea, the stocking dude at walmart already knows jethro and jimbob and holds all of his .22 for them

The walmart near me, literally, has not physically restocked their ammo case in over a year
>>
>>30486431
Though it would work with a gyrojet.
>>
>>30485716
>nothing of value was lost
9mm can be found for around the same price online anon.
So can 7.62x39 (certain sites have it for as low as 20 cents a round just for the stuff that's in stock)

Seriously; .22 is fucking pointless nowadays except for being suppressed.
>>
>>30485716
Buy 22lr online.
>>
>>30485939
All gas stations used to be full service up until 1950 or so, when self-service gas stations started popping up. Of course some legislators (in New Jersey and Oregon), being legislators, were scared of new things so they were quick to ban it.

Basically the same rationale behind banning hobby drones, or freaking out about 3D Printing, or sperging about 'salt weapons.
>>
>>30485919
>work at has station convenience store a few years ago
>NJ runs out of gas because lol no shipments during Hurricane Sandy
>NJ people drive all the way up to NY
>none of them have any idea how to pump their own gas
>rich NJ cunts pleading to us to pump their gas for them
>their whole lives screech to a halt because they dont understand a process that takes like 4 steps

It was hilarious
>>
>>30488665
>get 12 gauge slug mold
>get 100 rounds of bird shot for 25 bucks at wally wally wally wally wally wally world. Goin walmart. gon pick up girls. goin wally wally wally wally wally world.
>melt shot
>slugs
>>
>>30486431

>who is Ken.M?
>>
>>30485836
>cannot
Git gud.
>>
>>30488790
I feel kind of bad because growing up in Oregon I'm now 24 and have no idea how to pump my own gas
>>
>>30485818
sandnigger muslim omar 2.0 fuccboi detected
>>
>>30486431
wow you're retarded
>>
File: file.jpg (227 KB, 1107x1200) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
227 KB, 1107x1200
>>30485818
You shouldn't be comfortable coming here either
>>
>>30489132
It's not hard, if you can figure out how to put your dick in something, you can figure out how to pump gas.
>>
>>30485818
Protip: Wear a collard shirt, pants that fit, and ditch anything retarded like a yamica, giant cross, or Muslim head cap and you will be VERY SURPRISED at how people now treat you.
>>
>>30486393
>ure you can go to Arizona or whatever to buy ammo, but who is to say between now and January they don't enact laws that make it a felony to carry bullets into the state from another state?

Wouldn't pass constitutional muster. That would be a grievous violation of the commerce clause. Congress specifically regulates that. Additionally, the legality of owning the ammunition is not in question, merely the method of procurement. It's not like marijuana where you can get it in Colorado, legally, but it's illegal to have in CA without a pot card. For CA to be able to stop people from running across state lines, they'd have to make the ammo itself a prohibited item.
>>
>>30489213
I've never had to pay to put my dick in tho
>>
>>30489258
You don't pay for putting it in, you pay for what comes out.
>>
>>30489251
The commerce clause also prohibits states from imposing taxes or tariffs on goods purchased out of state, too. Bought anything on Amazon lately? Notice the "state sales tax" section?

The Constitution has been dead for a very, very long time now. There are no rules. There are no laws. There are only the whims of the Community-Organizer-in-Chief and the judges he appoints.

>For CA to be able to stop people from running across state lines, they'd have to make the ammo itself a prohibited item.

>implying they won't
>implying the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals won't uphold it
>implying the Wise Latina and all the judges Hitlary wants to appoint won't likewise declare this to be perfectly okay
>implying implications
>>
>>30489313
The reason Amazon is charging tax in your state is because they started putting warehouses in it.
>>
>>30489132
1:Insert card in slot on pump or go to attendant and give him card or cash and tell him full tank or X dollars on pump Y(Y being the number of the pump you will be using)
2:remove the thing that looks like a gun from the pump and select fuel grade(this is accomplished by pushing the button on the pump that corresponds to the fuel grade you want)
3:remove gas cap on your vehicle
4:insert nozzle into fill hole as far as it will go
5:hold the trigger part on the fuel gun until tank is full or desired amount of gas is pumped
6:wait three seconds then remove fuel gun and place it back on it's holder on the pump
7:pay station attendant if you did not do this earlier
8:get receipt if desired
9:get back in your car and drive off
>>
>>30489323
This. We just got one in our town across the interstate last year and are being charged sales tax because these things "technically" come from inside the state. As we all know, being "technically correct" is better than being regularly correct.
>>
>>30485818
>be American of bean descemt
>Been to Nevada plenty of times, never once felt uncomfortable

Are you a haji?
>>
>>30489376
after step six, remove the pump half way from your car's vagina and "top off" your tank. Meaning you raise the nozzle a few inches so just the tip is inside the gas tank "input". This allows you to get that extra gallon or two before the liquid goes into the tip of the nozzle and shuts off the pump. Some stations have signs that say not to do this (not to "tip off" the tank) because it can cause spillage (if you'rr an idiot) but it's a good way to get an extra gallon or two before having to refill.
>>
File: 1449724453532.gif (860 KB, 600x313) Image search: [Google]
1449724453532.gif
860 KB, 600x313
>live in Burbank CA
>a new Walmart is opened, sport section stocked with ammo.
>come back a few days later to see people buying in large bulks.
>mfw Walmart is restocking faster than people are buying

Walmart knows how to handle.
>>
>>30489313
My state has an Amazon facility and the state has stipulated that any item purchased from Amazon, regardless of the source of the actual shipment, is purchased in state.

As of this time, Amazon only collects taxes in 25 states. It can't in some states, as they don't have sales taxes, and in some states specific categories are exempt (PA, for instance, won't generate a tax on Amazon for clothing.)

Bad example on your part, and the slippery slope argument after that is weak as well.
>>
>>30489399
Depends on where you go in Nevada. Go into one of the richer, white, upper class stores/gas stations and just keep an extra eye on others and how they look at you, with an eye of suspicion like it's fucking WWII and we're Japs or something.

Fucking cunts across the border ruined it.
>>
>>30489380
The term you're looking for is "sales nexus." Since Amazon is a business entity with an operational presence in your state, it counts.

Bonus, NC collects Amazon tax despite not having a warehouse there. Why? They own a data center in the Golden Triangle area. Again, "sales nexus."
>>
>>30485818

I think you're better off without freedom, anon. Clearly California is the right amount of safe for you.
>>
>>30489447
>sales nexus

Fucking hell, thanks.

I forgot to add that >>30489415
is correct. I live in WI and things I order off of Amazon that don't have an applicable sales tax (such as food/"necessary clothing") Amazon can't charge for. However they do and will gouge you and the State for every extra cent they can.
>>
>>30489478
>can't charge sales tax for*
>>
File: tnR1054.jpg (13 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
tnR1054.jpg
13 KB, 175x175
>>30485818
Kill yourself
>>
>>30489413
>>30489376
Almost forgot, let's call this step zero:if your vehicle uses gasoline, make sure you do not grab the diesel fuel gun, and vice versa. The diesel one will usually be painted green.
>>
>>30489376
>5:hold the trigger part on the fuel gun until tank is full or desired amount of gas is pumped

Oh man I am so glad every station I have been to has a flip up latch that locks the trigger so that you don't have to hold it the entire time you are filling up your tank.
>>
>>30489487
diesel fuel nozzles are too big to fit through normal gasoline fuel doors
>>
>>30489495
>has a flip up latch that locks the trigger

This doubles as a safety feature to prevent people from overfilling, which is why it "clicks" off when you are "full" (minus the two inches that the fucking nozzle takes up in your tank) and you have to reapply pressure to top off.

...and secondly, I knew how to pump gas at fucking 11. How do you make it to 24 and never pump a single gallon of gas in your life, or see others do it? I fear for your future. On top of this, the instructions to fill your tank are *PRINTED ON THE FUCKING PUMP*.
>>
>>30485912
You from Kennewick? I'm in the TC as well.
>>
>>30489537
the trigger lock isn't there as a safety. The pump will stop at a certain point of resistance regardless of whether you use the lock or not unless the pump is old or unkempt
>>
>>30485716
Take a road trip out of state and bulk buy. Then sell them on the black market in California
>>
>>30489566
You have to use the lock unless you're going to stand there with the pump held down the entire time, which would defeat the purpose of the lock, since the human is now the safety. Unless the pumps are different where you come from? I've been to a lot of places, but I've never crossed the Rockies. With or without the lock, with or without you holding the handle down to continue to pump, when the liquid inside the chosen container (gas tank, canister, whatever) reaches the nozzle and pushes that little lever across, it will not pump.

This is fact, try it the next time you are refilling. I am guessing you have never tried to purposely overfill your shit.
>>
>>30486447
>?
Temporary demand? Some local shops across the US continent have been low our out for the past 5-7 years.
Albeit, it takes what, 1-4 million to get a decent .22lr production line started. I heard CCI/Speer turned on a new production line in Idaho.
>>
>>30490229
We've had shortages here for the past 8 years according to some store owners.
>>
>>30491242
>according to some owners
Depends on who you trusts and who trusts you. I have no doubt that more store owners than we think are hoarding the fuck out of the ammo for the next dead chillun incident. .22 has become an investment, save it until prices skyrocket and supply drops like the fucking Challenger, then all of the sudden your store has 15,000 rounds, but they can only sell you a box a day.

Fuck gun store owners. The few legitimate ones I have met that haven't tried to fuck me have had shit prices, and the others are scumbags morally. When you walk into the gun store and know more than the owner, you need to leave, regardless of the prices/how badly you wanted a particular weapon that only that store owns.

VET YOUR GUN STORE OWNERS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.