[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa9 CtYH5I5o https://www.you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa9CtYH5I5o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb4wyWpjMss

Uh.

This guy's got some fucking cahones.
>>
That's a nice little instructional video for Afghans or other third worlders I suppose. Kinda funny knowing this was filmed in 2010 Bagram; that dude was probably 50 feet from Green Bean Coffee.

It's faster and safer to just thermite or counter charge those things though. The intelligence value for collecting them is pretty nil, so there's no real gain in going about disarming them.
>>
>>30485376
Yeah. He seemed to imply that him disarming it by hand wasn't just him, and that it was a semi-regular thing, which confused me.
>>
Just give these guys XM25s and explosive rounds.

They can standoff and pop UXO. Instead of trying to dick around.
>>
File: 1467271198788.jpg (152 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1467271198788.jpg
152 KB, 960x720
>>30485376
Also,

>Sharing RSPs
>On YouTube of all places

I'm pretty sure he can get fucked by the feds for that. I'm not even allowed to take study materials out of the main building, and here he is posting his how-to disposal procedure.
>>
>>30485412
Yes, I read the comments left on the video where he talked about this being done on Bagram. I suspect intentionally vague wording, as perhaps it was demined by hand, but certainly not in 2010 or any time near then.

Bagram is like a miniature full blown American city in terms of how built up it is, and it is the location of EOD Army headquarters. They wouldn't be disarming mines by hand out there.

This video, and the equipment he is wearing in it are more geared towards third world disarmers who don't have access to proper equipment.

I have dealt with many mines, and there is really no reason to disarm one like this rather than destroy it.

In his video comments he also says that mines that small can not be booby trapped, and that is absolutely wrong.
>>
>>30485448
He's probably an old fart tech who made a video with an inactive or training mine for his buddies, and then put it up on YouTube.
>>
>>30485441
The PMNs are very old and there is little in terms of their intelligence value. His disposal procedure doesn't use anything more than [confidential]. He is a contractor who is not directly discussing information or procedures of pubs. This is exactly the kind of simple, hands on thing being taught to Afghans with no security clearance, which is likely exactly why it's on YouTube and why it's not a problem.
>>
EOD
Disarming land mines if you can is the preferred method, especially for third-worlders and NGOs.
It isn't for int value, that we already have an RSP for that mine means there's no new int needed unless we find a new variant.
It reduces the requirement to have dems charges for countercharging.
Also in a mixed field, countercharging one may dislodge others that can still then be active in the mess of spoil left by the original item and countercharging.
There are also additional considerations like blindly countercharging can also lead to not finding any secondary or antilift that can surprise you if you later try lifting another one.
>>
>>30485470
Oh, yeah. I thought it was obvious the mine was inert. I guess that has to be spelled out for others.

He apparently works for RONCO, which means he sits around in Bagram.
>>
File: 53d08afa7cc1b.image[1].jpg (44 KB, 760x506) Image search: [Google]
53d08afa7cc1b.image[1].jpg
44 KB, 760x506
>>30485487
Do they not MCLC?
>>
>>30485487

>There are also additional considerations like blindly countercharging can also lead to not finding any secondary or antilift that can surprise you if you later try lifting another one.

Not like that's worse than blindly picking it up and turning it every which way to stab it with a knife.

If you want to check for secondaries, there is this new thing called "rope" to lasso it with.

This video is for thirdworlders, but really, honestly there's little reason to RSP these things.
>>
>>30485521
That's for clearing an expedient path to move through, not for clearing the area to make it safe to live on.

Also, this video is geared for people too poor for that.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.