[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
/k/ quick. My buddy pulled the hammer back on a revolver and it won't release or fire. It's old and he was fucking around with it and yeah we're retarded. Please help just get the hammer back even if it means firing the thing, but the trigger just won't pull rn.
>>
>>30483883
Have you tried pulling the hammer back further? Could be a half cock safety. What make/model is it?
>>
>>30483883
that don't look whachacallit? real
>>
Wiggle the hammer and trigger together. It should release. If not, take the pin that holds the cylinder in the frame out. Then have a gunsmith replace your bent hand.
>>
>>30483883
remember to unload it first anon.
>>
>>30483911
The hammer won't go back any further and I'm not sure the model but it's old. 22 magnum
>>
File: 1466960943943.gif (129 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1466960943943.gif
129 KB, 250x250
>>30483883

How old is that thing anyway? You may have a broken hammer spring blocking the hammer from moving further.
>>
File: 1339210675876.jpg (669 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1339210675876.jpg
669 KB, 2000x1333
>>30483883
where have i seen one of those before
>>
>>30483948
thats at half cock if it wont move you arent trying hard enough or something internal snapped off try rotating the cylinder
since its at half it should move freely
>>
>>30484046
It won't rotate
>>
Looks like it may be a Hawes. Do the makings not list a manufacturer, but just say "Germany" and the caliber?
If so, it's usually a snafu between where parts 21, 29, and 30 meet up. It's a pain to fix because it's a pain to get back together correctly.
These things get out of timing easily, and the next trigger pull either feels "crunchy" or freezes up. Try rotating the cylinder manually while easing the hammer and trigger down together. Unless first of course, but if cylinder won't rotate for unload, at least wear gloves and glasses and keep your fingers away from the cylinder gap near the barrel. It could shave lead and sling it sideways.
Gun may only be worth sub-$100 in good working order, may not be worth gunsmithing.
>>
>>30484080
Sorry, tried to post a link to the Numrich parts diagram... Try this:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Hawes-33280/SmallFrame-36486.htm
>>
>>30484040
Anon, dem toes
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.