[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>anon, you don't loctite your screws? >why? How do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: 1458599603942.jpg (110 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
1458599603942.jpg
110 KB, 600x960
>anon, you don't loctite your screws?
>why?

How do you respond? Why do you insist on putting things on your guns yet you won't loctite their screws?
>>
>>30482319
But I do loctite my screws.
>>
things that need loctite get loctite, things that don't, don't.

scope base screws get a dab of blue, thats about it. proper torque is usually more than enough to secure 95% of parts and accessories.
>>
I have a torque screw driver.

I set all my scope ring screws to 30 pounds.
>>
>>30482349
>not using torque spec for the right thread
>>
>>30482319
someone get this bitch some non-clumping mascara
>>
>>30482392
Aye she's also got a touch of bunny boiler about her.

Accurate pillar bedded weapons are torque set at known humidity and temperature OP.

However I have a hunch you are not into accurate gun.
>>
Blue Loctite and a Fatman torque screwdriver are my friends
>>
>>30482319
Straight up Autism OP, good job m8.
>>
>>30482319
Maybe I don't want to keep that screw around. Maybe it isn't a long term screw because it asks too many questions.
>>
Because it's not necessary

And you have autism if you think so, slut
>>
File: image.jpg (965 KB, 2797x2027) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
965 KB, 2797x2027
>>30482319
Because I use RIVETS BITCH.
And the stock screws have been staked.
>>
>>30482347
>scope base screws get a dab of blue, thats about it. proper torque is usually more than enough to secure 95% of parts and accessories.
Fudds don't into torque

They're working on their cars all like AH I'LL JUST CRANK ON THAT SHIT TILL IT'S SNUG, GONNA BE FINE

t. Work at AutoZone
>>
>>30482319
>How do you respond?

I would, dear. But someone confused the Loctite for blue nail polish and used it all up.
>>
>>30482392
No, someone just get this bitch some facewash and get all that shit off her face in the first place. Makeup is disgusting, not only does it prevent you from being hygienic but who wants to have loads of chemicals and ingredients smeared all over their face?

If a bitch's skin isn't good enough, doesn't have to be perfect, to show without smearing shit all over it then said bitch needs to improve her diet and get some fucking exercise.
>>
And why are you out of the kitchen?
>>
>>30482319
Because people have been trying for decades to remove the Cosmoline from my glorious nugget, and have failed.

I trust it to hold in the screws.
>>
The only screw on my rifle needs to be removed for cleaning
>>
>>30483098

trust me, i know, i was a mechanic for 3 years.
>>
>>30483098
My dad was an auto mechanic and he did this exact shit.

What's worse is that he was an engineer back in his home country. For that matter, every repair and maintenance done around the house was always some nigger-rig Mickey Mouse bullshit, none of it was actually proper.
>>
>>30482347
This.

Fasteners are mostly designed to hold if proper torque is applied, with no loctite. Sometimes it's just the torque that matters, sometimes it's combination of materials that is at play (compare steel into steel vs. steel into aluminum), sometimes, TTY (torque-to-yield) fasteners are used (think engine cylinder heads).

If in doubt, RTFM. If TFM doesn't provide the torque (or loctite), you've chosen a shitty product (btw, I just gave you a nice telltale sign of a good product).
>>
>>30482319
>things that need loctite get loctite, things that don't, don't.
This really. Putting loctite on things that don't need it is just a waste of time and money. I wouldn't have thought there were many things on a gun that actually require it. Certainly the only things we use it for at work (at a company that builds electromagnets for mri scanners and the like) are fixings that are subject to a lot of vibration, low torque applications or where there is a big difference in hardness between the two parts of the fixing, or fixings that fall in to the "everyone is going to die if this comes loose" category, but those tend to have locking wire too. Wouldn't have thought there was anything like that on a well designed gun. Disclaimer - the only firearm I've ever worked on was the SA80 (it was a ctually called that at the time) and that was only field stripping. As far as I can remember, that didn't involve screw threads at all.

>>30482349
>I have a torque screw driver.
>I set all my scope ring screws to 30 pounds.
30 ft lbs seems like a phenominal amount of torque to apply through a screwdriver.
>>
bitch i loctite my buffer tube
>>
File: 1460309917665.jpg (28 KB, 408x402) Image search: [Google]
1460309917665.jpg
28 KB, 408x402
>>30486366
You crazy bastard
>>
>>30482349
>>30486361
I think he means inch pound

>>30482368
>not getting the 3/4 torque wrench out and winding them up to 300 ft pound

Its like you want your scope to fall off
>>
>>30486366
I loctite my suppressor threads.

I AM using a beretta m9
>>
>>30486471
>be range officer on range duty on public range
>see guy with new savage axis and brand new leupold vx1 or 2.
>mounting scope
>out comes the tourque wrench
>two minutes later
>see him screaming and swearing
>he set the wrench to 55 FOOT LBS.
>torqued a screw so hard it broke
>>
>not spot welding everything
>>
File: my son hates being homeschooled.jpg (196 KB, 667x434) Image search: [Google]
my son hates being homeschooled.jpg
196 KB, 667x434
>>30485749

This is extremely common.

I do it too.

Even though I am a professional contractor that does high end remodels I still duct tape fix shit around the house because it dosen't fucking matter

Mechanics are the same way with their personal vehicles
>>
File: IMG_0018.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0018.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>30483098
>>30485749
>>30487820
>mfw work at Lowes
You fuckers have no idea the idiots I see on a daily basis.
>"do the keys that come with the locks match the locks?"
>"I need a nut for this"(hands me a wood screw)
>"I need something to cover up the ventilation port on the roof of my building, how does plastic sheeting sound?"
>"What's this flippy lever thing that comes with the deadbolt for?"
>"Where's your WD-40? I got a lockset that's hard to open."
>"I bought this chopsaw to cut wood but it's not working well and burning it for some reason. Is the blade dull or something?"
>"I bought these screws to build a wood bench but they won't go in.(hands me machine screw)
>"I left my keys in another state and I have a lock on my bedroom door do you have a master key I can borrow?"(struggled not to fuck with her on this and say something like, "yes ma'am, you'll need to contact the state department of weights and measures and get the serial number off your lockset, at this point you'll have to pay a fee and they will reproduce your key pin code assigned to your registered lockset. You may then have a locksmith reproduce it.")
God I hate my job.
>>
>>30482319
I built a 1911 without staking or loctiting the plunger tube/ejector.

Get on my level
>>
File: pizza_background.jpg (79 KB, 426x628) Image search: [Google]
pizza_background.jpg
79 KB, 426x628
>>30482849
WTB
This is like my exact want of color for and AK
How do i get one?
>>
>>30489202
I used to work in retail myself, and I got one really stupid motherfucker.

>guy buys a BBQ grill
>go out to the parking lot to put it in his car
>box won't fit in the trunk
>have to open the box
>load the trunk with each individual part
>tells me not to scratch his BMW
>it's a used model from the late 90s-early 2000s, it's not even a decent BMW
>can tell this is gonna get annoying really fast
>tells me to not leave any styrofoam bits in his trunk (you know how sometimes the protective styrofoam in the box sometimes breaks off and clings to you, your clothes, and the carpet due to static electricity? He wanted me to make sure none of them sticks in his trunk)
>okay, BBQ is loaded up, with little to no mess
>at least the guy was polite enough to thank me
>"Oh, one question."
>no
>no
>please don't
>"This is a natural gas grill, right?"
>wat
>this BBQ grill was advertised as propane in all our flyers and signage
>the box even says propane
>there is zero mention of natural gas anywhere
>this asshat lacked the foresight to ask this question BEFORE paying money for this BBQ grill
>Maury I'm 5000% sure that I'm mad
>>
>>30482319
You the chick with the chrome deagle?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.