[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
African nations should invest in bi-planes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Sopwith_F-1_Camel_2_USAF.jpg (448 KB, 1800x1218) Image search: [Google]
Sopwith_F-1_Camel_2_USAF.jpg
448 KB, 1800x1218
I was pondering the other day what I would do if I were an african despot. And I realized that if I can get some industry running in the country plus a bit of equipment from industrialized countries that I can't produce myself, I could manufacture a fleet of WW1 era planes. Since My rivals, would have no air-force to speak of, having even a primitive air-force would be a huge military advantage.
>>
>>30480575
Eeeny meany miny moe, where does the comma go?

I think school should be mandatory.
>>
>>30480575
Low and slow whilst the jenkem brigade turns your ass into Swiss cheese with everything from AK's to DSHK's.
>>
>>30480575
What kind of engine could you salvage for that purpose anyway? I've heard of pleople using VW bug engines for ultralights and shit but I doubt that'd work well as your ghetto CAS,
>>
>>30480575
Then we can achieve battlefield 1 of course!
>>
File: n_12166_1.jpg (47 KB, 626x415) Image search: [Google]
n_12166_1.jpg
47 KB, 626x415
>>30480575

>Since My rivals, would have no air-force to speak of, having even a primitive air-force would be a huge military advantage.

Africa may not have lots of planes, but it does have lots of large-caliber machine guns that would make short work of a low-flying bi-plane.
>>
>>30480977
Even WWI planes could easily fly high enough to be mostly immune to fire from HMGs on the ground. The real issue is that without modern equipment (bombsight, radar, etc) you wouldn't be able to accomplish much from such altitudes - but that has nothing to do with how the plane itself performs.
>>
>>30480993

That's right.

If you're flying high enough to evade machine gunfire, then you're too high to discern any useful information.
>>
>>30480977
And that's why they didn't use biplanes in WW1?
>>
>>30480575
Look up miniCOIN from the biafra conflict since it is more or less what your drscribing
>>
>>30481446
Automatic arms were nowhere near as prolific in WW1 as they are in Africa.
>>
>>30480993
Two members of my family were shot down and killed in World War 1.

Darn proto-Nazis!
>>
>>30482129
Difference being that the people who operated automatic firearms back in WW1 would actually try to aim.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.