[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good carry weapons.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Are the walther ppk .380 and interarms astra .380 good reliable CC guns? What about the argentinian knock offs?
>>
>>30479624
>walther ppk
why would you want to carry a $3,000+ gun? wouldn't be a good CCW anyway

>interarms astra
no

>argentinian knockoff
no

PPK has never been a good design, technically, apart from feel/weight distribution and aesthetically.

.380 for carry is really pushing it. 9mm is the standard.
>>
>>30479651
Since when was the PPK $3,000?

I've seen some for $500.
Get fucked.

Anyways, >>30479624, get the PPK.
Astra is not known for being an amazing gun manufacturer for a reason.
>>30479651
Back to you though; the makarov and other combloc handguns are based off of them with various improvements/simplifications.
They're okay.
Not the best but okay.
>>
File: asshole.jpg (20 KB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
asshole.jpg
20 KB, 640x344
>>30479651
>$3000 for a ppk
>>
>>30479651
>PP action
>not a good design
I guess it's the 2nd most cloned handgun system because lolrandumb
>>
>>30479624
>PPK
>.380
disgusting, if you want .380 get a fullsized PP.
That said, the Astras are excellent, less so the argentine clones from bersa (though I hear some of their older guns are better quality, still no astra.
>>
File: hi.jpg (24 KB, 349x349) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
24 KB, 349x349
>>30479678
because you're thinking of the PPK/S and not the PPK, einstein. the real PPK hasn't been made since 1968 and the one they manufacture now has been modified in several ways and is of a much lower quality to the originals made in Germany and France and have had multiple recalls because it's not the same design.

>>30479783
I bet you think that a P64 is a PPK clone.

>>30479751
another retard, hello.

all of these silly kiddos that don't know anything about guns, very typical.
>>
>>30479810
(you)
>>
>>30479810
>I bet you think that a P64 is a PPK clone.
It's like the cz-82, a fixed barrel blowback that's trying it's damnedest not to be a PP.
True PP clones have come out of Turkey, China, Hungary, Romania, The USA and many more. One could easily argue that most of the eastern bloc 9x18 pistols are PP clones, the Makarov and PA-63 being the truest copies.
>>
>>30479810
You're so autistic that you're wrong. Only wartime or prewar ppk is worth serious money.
>>
>>30479925
The Makarov is better than a PPK in every way and was made because they were able to simplify it using the tooling they captured from the Germans. it had nothing to do with how great the design was.

>>30479947
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/568459196

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/568458537

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/567596087

Stop talking to me. You don't know what you're talking about and are wasting my time.
>>
>>30479997
I can cherry pick gunbroker ads all day too pal, it doesn't make me right
>>
>>30479997
>The Makarov is better than a PPK in every way
I'll give you that, at least functionally. The PP is obviously a more refined feeling overall. You can't argue that the walther lock is a bad design though. It's like browning short recoil. Many guns tweak it or simplify it in some way, but in the end it's still browning short recoil.
>>
>>30480039
I didn't cherry pick at all. Those are all of the non-wartime original PPK's on gunbroker right now. It does make me right. I know what a PPK goes for and you didn't.
>>
>>30480075
You literally picked one overpriced ad nobody is bidding on and two ads for a rare .22 version. That is the definition of cherrypicking
>>
>>30479624
Op here, so an Astra constable selling for $300 new isnt worthwhile considering there reliabilty?
Who here would go for it?
>>
>>30480125
shut the fuck up OP. the pp design is a retarded CCW choice. you're not james bond.
>>
>>30480075
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/567782682

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/568204992
>>
>>30480141
It's not a retarded choice in the slightest; the Astra will probably suck, but the design behind it is solid
>>
The only answer is a Bersa Thunder Plus.

Double stack .380 acp
>>
>>30480125
How new is "new"? If it's true new old stock I'd say it's worth it, especially if it comes with box and paperwork. If it's just minty, I'd try for a little less
>>
>>30480141
If your gun is reliable and in something .380 or above it's not a retarded choice
>>
>>30479997
Let's look at those ads:
>rare 22 version
>rare 22 version
>insane startinf price and 0 bids

Oh wow, you're worse off than I thought
>>
>>30480166
>the Astra will probably suck
What makes you say that, astra's one of the better spanish gun makers and the PP is hardly difficult to clone. I've also never heard a bad thing about the constable or astra's other PP pattern pistols. They're all steel (compared to an alloy frame bersa) and most people seem very satisfied with them
>>
>>30480151
That's not a real PPK, but you don't know anything about guns so you wouldn't know that.
>>
>>30480209
They are though. You can keep moving the goalposts though, it won't help you
>>
>>30480196
Although Astra is certainly above the usual saturday night special makers, they were still known for more parts breakages than usual, which isn't favorable when there aren't many spares to go around. Also, genuine walthers aren't really much more money, and then he has access to the full aftermarket too
>>
>>30480209
So now you've given up trying to prove your point and are now trying to discredit me? Get out of here, liberal
>>
>>30479651
>PPK is 3000
>not a good carry pistol
I bought mine for 600 flat new.
>>
>>30479624
I carry .380, it's fine. It matters more that you can reliably place shots rather than spray something you're uncomfortable with.
>>
>>30479624
>ppk
I carry one, it's great. If all you care about is raw performance there are better options, but style matters to me.
>>
>>30480141
Idk so im asking questions, go change your tampon
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.