[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the verdict on this i've been hearing mixed reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
whats the verdict on this i've been hearing mixed reviews
>>
It's an AR. Don't like it? Switch out the part that bugs you.
>>
>>30476978
How much is the one you're looking at?
>>
>>30476978
i heard the delta ring is different (in a bad way?) because it's non standard, like prone to breaking or something
>>
>>30476988
600-700
>>
>>30476978
Supposedly the take down pins are sometimes tight. also proprietary sucks.
Im still looking at this rifle too but im not so sure.
maybe ill just get a S&W Sport II or build one
>>
>>30476984
/thread
>>
>>30476993

it's plastic\threaded delta ring and instead of pulling down you just rotate it loose to replace handguards. I've read that people have been overtightening to the point where it gets stuck and eventually breaks but if you use anti-seizing lube it's fine.
>>
>>30476978
Shitty polymer delta ring that is prone to cracking and cast FSB is the worst part about them.
>>
Liked mine, only issue is yes the take down pins are tight but I'm OK with that and the trigger retaining pins wore out early
>>
>>30477155
That actually sounds like a great idea that is being ruined by retards.
>>
>>30477193
I have a feeling Ruger is casting assorted parts on this rifle. This is leading to early and unusual small part breakage.
>>
>>30477252
Well I also replaced the trigger So that might have something to do with it, that said most the parts are cheap and easy to fix so it's not much of an issue in my book
>>
I don't see why people buy prebuilt like these for $650 when you could "build" a PSA with a 1:7 barrel for the same price. Or pony up $100 more and just get a 6920.
>>
>>30476984
>It's an AR. Don't like it? Switch out the part that bugs you.

It's Ruger and proprietary LOL

Seriously don't buy Ruger shit
>>
>>30477099
no, not /thread.

that shit is not mispec. it's got a bunch of proprietary fittings. if there is any AR you will have trouble swapping parts, it's gonna be the Ruger.

get the M&P.
>>
>>30477667
>hey look at me I'm a tripfag

Opinion discarded

>>30477632
>hey I'm retarded also!

The only proprietary part is the delta ring, and can be changed out with a mil spec one.
>>
>>30477632
There's absolutely nothing proprietary on the AR556. Maybe the delta ring, but if you're not a mouth breathing retard you can switch that out. (I prefer a threaded delta ring, but I'd like a metal one)
>>
>>30477180
>cast fsb
nope, that's the M&P
>>
>>30477197
I only know one person in reality that has broken their delta ring on one of these, and it wasn't from over tightening. The user didn't realize that the delta ring was threaded, tried to pry it down with a delta ring tool, and broke it with brute force. Basically user error.
>>
>>30477882
The M&P's FSB is outsourced and forged.
>>
>great manufacturers like bcm, spike's and even psa premium at the same price point
>let's buy a ruger ar!
>>
File: BLM2.jpg (45 KB, 307x500) Image search: [Google]
BLM2.jpg
45 KB, 307x500
Nut N Fancy turned on it in one of his latest videos

I'd go with a Bushmaster entry level AR for the 1:8 melonited barrel
>>
File: really.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>30479832
>nut'n'fancy
>>
>>30479446
I've handled both, and the M&P15 front sight post certainly had the appearance of a rough sand casting.
>>
>>30480593
Most forged small parts on the AR15 have a rough appearance like that.
>>
>>30476978
Just bought a Core15 scout m4 keymod edition. Paid $711 with a box of 120 rounds but its hella worth it over those two cheaper ones (ruger 556 & M&P 15)
>>
File: 601B25.jpg (30 KB, 650x577) Image search: [Google]
601B25.jpg
30 KB, 650x577
>>30480716
Cast front sights have mold injection circles(if not machined off) and no center seam (indication of forging process), they are also unusally smooth whereas the forging process gives a rough texture.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.