[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Ruger 10/22 a good first gun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1103.jpg (27 KB, 825x195) Image search: [Google]
1103.jpg
27 KB, 825x195
I'm looking into buying my first gun and I'm leaning toward the ruger 10/22. It's cheap, easy to use, has little recoil, and easy to obtain. My state doesn't require a permit or background check for long guns so I won't have to deal with legal crap. I don't plan on carrying anytime soon, just target shooting and maybe home defense in an emergency, so I don't really need anything more powerful. So my question is, is it a good gun to start with? or are there any problems with my plan.
>>
>>30471287
You'll get bored of it quickly. I'd get a little badger if I were you, unless you can buy a second hand one cheap.
>>
>>30471287
Yeah, a 10/22 is an awesome gun to start with. It's an awesome plinker, and if you want to try your hand at squirrel/rabbit/varmint hunting, you're already well set.

I would be a little hesitant to use it for HD, since .22 isn't the most potent of rounds against humans (although being shot with .22 will still ruin anyone's day), but any gun is better than no gun.
>>
>>30471287
Everyone should own a 10/22, it's a great place to start.

>>30471369
If you would get bored with a 10/22 you would get bored with anything, especially a single shot.

>>30471465
With a 25rd mag, you could do a lot worse in a HD situation, eg a little badger.
>>
>>30471287
10/22 is an OK .22 rifle out of the box, there are better/cheaper rifles on the market like the marlin 60. The only redeeming factor for the ruger is the huge aftermarket which other .22 rifle brands lack
>>
>>30471287
It's *THE* first gun
>>30471369
>You'll get bored of it quickly.
That's the point, nimrod.
>unless you can buy a second hand one cheap
>$199 isn't cheap
>>
>>30471932
>accuracy is everything
magazines are everything

marlin 60 is a tube mag, disqualified
marlin 795 and 60 are not really user serviceable, disqualified
remington 597, sure okay
ruger 10/22, sure okay
>>
>>30472254
>not really user serviceable
WTF are you smoking, they break down easier than the ruger. And where in op's post did he say the rifle needed to have a detachable mag?
>>
>>30472254
And BTW, accuracy may not be everything but is is a huge issue when choosing a firearm. It doesn't matter if you only have five round mag or a humdred round mag if you can't hit your target. Go back to your vidya games sperglord
>>
>>30471287
ar-15 is just as easy to learn to shoot on and is actually useful for self defense
>>
>>30472254
Ive pulled marlins outta boxes where they didnt tome the sights and were about 5 degrees off
>>
>>30474351
yes but the AR-15 costs way to much for a first gun, and its kind of overkill for home defense. not to mention its a meme-gun
>>
>>30474811
Wow, wrong on all counts. Impressive.
>>
>>30471287
Yes it is.
Any repeating .22 that isn't complete garbage is a good first gun.
>>
>>30474825
seriously, nigga has to be trolling or retarded
>>
>>30471287
>Is the Ruger 10/22 a good first gun?
Yes.
>>
>>30474811
Poorly disguised troll bait or legitimately retarded troll baiting poorly.
>>
Get cz 452
>>
OP here, I guess my plan is to get a 10/22 to start and maybe a 9 mm later on for carry. Not getting an AR because that is way out of my price range and I want to wait on getting one because of potential upcoming federal bans on it.
>>
File: takedown1.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
takedown1.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>30475312

10/22 is a fine rifle, I love mine to death.
Just don't get fucking paint on it.
>>
>>30475701
acetone or paint thinner wont get it off?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.