[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/, who wins the most disputed ship battle of all time? Do additional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Iowa vs Yamato.png (1 MB, 1717x1866) Image search: [Google]
Iowa vs Yamato.png
1 MB, 1717x1866
/k/, who wins the most disputed ship battle of all time? Do additional research if you please.
>>
probably the same boat that won last time.
>>
>>30467459
USS Iowa
The US Navy proved again and again that fire control and damage control will carry the day
>>
The Iowa. No research required, it literally historically won
>>
>>30467488
>>30467459
Unless, of course, the Yamoto loads it's shells with katanas, then the nippon steel folded 1,000 times will slice the gaijan Iowa in two.
>>
>>30467512
BANZAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!
>>
With how bad Jap gunnery was, I would almost take a refit Colorado like the West Virginia vs the Yamato
>>
>>30467459
In every scenario, except one where Yamato somehow scores a single killing blow at her max gun range with assistance from spotters, the Iowa wins.
>>
OP here
>>30467535
The only issue with your otherwise sound suggestion is the inability of the Mark 1 16" guns to penetrate the Yamato's armor. They could inflict serious topside damage but would likely not have the strength to sink the larger vessel.
>>
>>30467573
Don't have to sink it when you've used all your crew as additional "body" armor.
>>
>>30467545
>In every scenario, except one
this kid is an expert guiz, watch out for him!
>>
OP here.
>>30467545
Yamato's visual rangefinders are good, so she has a fair chance in daylight, but at night she has little chance of victory.
>>30467646
This is true
>>
>>30467647
Yamato's only real advantage was the range of her guns. If she doesn't use that then the battle becomes heavily favored towards Iowa which has the capability to land shots more accurately.
>>
>>30467459
/k/ is massively yankboo, what do you think people will say?
>>
>>30467695
You're acting as if Iowa has enough firepower for this engagement at max range
You're also acting as if Yamato is completely unarmed because it's not the most accurate ship
>>
File: Yamato-kantai-collection.jpg (210 KB, 960x1490) Image search: [Google]
Yamato-kantai-collection.jpg
210 KB, 960x1490
Yamato is so yamato damashii sakura petals literally follows her around.
Iowa is a ditzy blonde gaijin pigslut.
Yamato win everytime.
>>
File: 1466209975413.jpg (359 KB, 1280x1156) Image search: [Google]
1466209975413.jpg
359 KB, 1280x1156
>>30467459
IOWA
>>
>>30467738
I'm saying that Yamato cannot use her visual directors at her max range. They cannot see over the horizon, where as Iowa's radar can.
Unless Yamato has spotters up (Entirely dependent on weather) she cannot maximize her gun's effectiveness. This gives her (Using OP's numbers) a 2 mile zone where she's safe from return fire. But if Yamato's first salvos miss and do not cause serious damage, the Iowa will begin maneuvering and closing the distance with her superior speed to where she can return fire.
Then it becomes an issue of plunging fire and the captain deciding if they want to risk that or close the distance to where shells are at a flatter trajectory. If it becomes a knife fight I would say Yamato may win due to better belt armor, bigger guns, and the ability to take a lot of damage. But for an engagement beginning at significant range, my money's on the Iowa.
>>
>>30467752
Fuck you, Iowa is pure.
>>
>>30467817
"pure american girl"
you niggers start anal at 14, please
>>
File: BaPkTdf.jpg (362 KB, 3400x1631) Image search: [Google]
BaPkTdf.jpg
362 KB, 3400x1631
>>30467752
>that Z-Flag armband

hehe

also RODNEY
>>
>>30467459
The TBF Avengers that rammed 21 inch torpedoes up her ass.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.