[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /k/ Im sorta new2funs. My dad gave me an old Hawk 982 because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hi /k/

Im sorta new2funs. My dad gave me an old Hawk 982 because i wanted a home defense gun and he has more than enough of them.

I want to make my first purchase pic related. I feel like doubling up on scatterguns cant be a bad thing but i also wanted something pretty.

My local fun store has these and i tryed one and i really liked it. Lightwieght and the action is smooth as silk. They want 440$ for it.

Does anyone have expirience with the SXP? Good/bad/ugly?
>>
Shotgun is fine, comrade. Get a different type of weapon that's cheap to shoot for your next purchase: something in .22lr, .223/5.56, 7.62x39, or 9x19.
>>
Seems a bit redundant to me, I would save up $150 more and get a cheap AR15.
>>
>>30466449
>>30466477
I dont see much use in having a long rifle. My city doesnt have an outdoor range to shoot it at. And AR-15s are expensive
>>
>>30466586
There are ARs for under $700, and ammo is under $0.20/round. Not every AR has to be an /arg/ rice-rifle.
>>
It's basically a Winchester Model 12, as in designed in 1912 and still perfectly functional today. Try out a couple others (Mossberg 500, a used pre-Freedom Group 870, maybe a Benelli Nova), and if you still like the Winchester best, go for it.
>>
>>30466621
Again, where would i shoot it? I forget to mention i live in commiefornia so it would have a fucking bullet button and 10 round mag

>>30466632
I tried a 500. It was a bit heavier and only had a bead sight. Other than that the differences were mostly cosmetic (the rails, chrome, etc...)

What is a pre-freedom group 870? The hawk I have is an 870 clone. It's built like a truck and i could probably use it as a bat, but its heavy as hell, the action is loud and stiff, and it's getting old so it's a little beat up.
>>
>>30466711
>Again, where would i shoot it?
In the woods or desert like a normal person.
>I forget to mention i live in commiefornia so it would have a fucking bullet button and 10 round mag
In that case get a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. It's just about as accurate as the AR, doesn't require a BB, and you can buy high cap mags out of state.
>>
>>30466738
>In the woods or desert like a normal person.
Bakersfield, so niether of those thigns are anywhere near here
>In that case get a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. It's just about as accurate as the AR, doesn't require a BB, and you can buy high cap mags out of state
As beautiful a gun as that is, it's far out of my price range. A cheap AR would be more reasonable
>>
>>30466812
So basically your answer to everything is to be a little bitch about it, rather than moving some place more gun friendly or saving your money a bit for a Mini-14. You're a real Californian, alright.
>>
>>30466711
> but its heavy as hell
replace the stock/forend with anything the chink plastic is overbuilt as fuck
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.