[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are books in the "super elite operator teaches you super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Are books in the "super elite operator teaches you super advanced battlefield knowledge" genre basically scams for mall ninjas or are there good ones out there that are worth buying?
>>
File: Feurkampf.jpg (146 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Feurkampf.jpg
146 KB, 700x700
Feuerkampf und Taktik by Henning Hoffmann.

I buyed it recently and i think its preety good. Although the english version will be hard to get.
>>
>>30464999
I read the SAS one, seems pretty interesting for camping advice, but also expands into everything including car crashes and getting lost at sea.

But the best advice I've learned from it was that I can get high on cactus juice.
>>
>>30464999
Scam. I did some super special operator shit back in the day with the 75th. What I can tell you this: something not worthy of note. I suppose I could educate you on a few trick tactics but all in all, I am pretty much just an Infantryman.

Save your dime.
>>
>>30466147
How's FM 21-83 as far as public domain survival material is concerned?
>>
>>30466028
I can translate it if you send me a pdf
>>
>>30466117
Peyote
>>
Some are/some aren't

The SAS survival handbook by Lofty Wiseman is good.

Its saved my life once for real.
>>
>>30469402

Storytime anon
>>
>>30464999

Take it on a case by case basis.

The SAS survival guide is supposed to be the real deal, but you are correct to be skeptical. Of course, no book will ever give you the sort of knowledge that actually going through a special forces course would.
>>
>>30469402
>>30469426
I second that, elaborate please.
>>
>>30469402
>The SAS survival handbook by Lofty Wiseman is good.
>Its saved my life once for real.

Agreed on it being a great book, I also met the man himself once and he was very friendly. How did the book save your life?
>>
>>30466147
In your experience, are there certain things than an average infantryman does better than your super sekrit OPERATOR?

no meme answers pls.
>>
>>30469402
Sure thing.

>was hiing alone in Sequoid National park
>oh, look a cute babby bear
>oh wait, the momma bear is across the clearing, and I'm too close
>she charges

The book says to stand your ground against a charging bear. Believe me every inch of you wants to run. You have to will yourself to stay.

She ends up getting very close, then walking to her cub and meandering away away from the clearing.
>>
>>30469551
Bet that took balls, know what kind of bear it was?
>>
>>30469695
Brown
>>
>>30469819
The bear or your pants? If I had been there the stench alone would have driven off the bear.
>>
>>30469837
Haha

The adrenaline surge gave me the shakes afterwards.
>>
>>30464999
it's for mall ninja's and small children (same thing). Woodcraft/bushcraft is woodcraft/bushcraft.

Basically, you need to know how to build fire, read a map, use a compass, which berries won't kill you or give you the shits, basic first aid and how to prepare an animal carcass.

Basically, all the shit you need to know anyway to go innawoods.
>>
File: ebin bear.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ebin bear.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
>>30469819
Congrats Annon. You delayed your journey to become a darker shade of brown in the great circle of life.
>>
>>30466028
Was just about to buy it a few times but then wondered if it was worth the money. At least I dont have to worry about a translation.
>>
>>30466398
>It is tactics for battle. Not general survival tips.
>>
>>30466398
I could not even find a search result on Google for it.
>>
>>30469450
The SAS guide mentions that people need to practice the concepts in order to actually be good at them and that simply reading the book is not enough. But I don't feel like digging a shit ditch unless I really am going to go camping to a place at least 50+ times.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.