[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were to start an revolutionary army, what would be the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 12
File: images (37).jpg (38 KB, 495x297) Image search: [Google]
images (37).jpg
38 KB, 495x297
If you were to start an revolutionary army, what would be the most practical rifle?
>>
>>30463929
m16a2 or whatever AK is abundant in the area
>>
>>30463929
ar15, all most completely interchangable parts.
they are abundant and cheap.
not my preferred gun, but it would be best.
>>
>>30463929
AK, because you're a bunch of untrained retards who can't even into weapon maintenance and the AK can take more of a beating than AR pattern rifles.
>>
Mosin Nagant chambered in 10mm
>>
>>30463929
whatever's available. if a revolutionary is using his rifle to begin with, we've all fucked up.

the very idea that we have to form a revolutionary army means that we're fighting against another army which is most likely conventional. to fight them we should just do hit and run attacks on infrastructure and supply lines. a rifle should be a last resort.
>>
File: images (38).jpg (30 KB, 459x320) Image search: [Google]
images (38).jpg
30 KB, 459x320
>>30463950
But what if they send troops into our urban/rural stronghold?
>>
>>30463964
>stronghold
the revolutionary force should be decentralized.

every soldier should have a weapon that's serviceable, maybe some armour if possible (not that it really matters but hey better safe than sorry) and a knowledge of targets that need to be struck.

they can't send troops if their MRAP (or other vehicle) is out of fuel, their machine gunner doesn't have enough ammo to last him for a long firefight, and their radios are out of batteries so they can't actually talk with their command.

the war should become a clusterfuck to the point where the larger army doesn't know who's a civilian and who's a revolutionary. that way the enemy either carpet bombs entire city blocks or falls back and attempts to secure supply lines, that's when you hit their infrastructure.

this is literally guerrilla warfare 101, and should always be the preferred option for a small force fighting a larger one.
>>
>>30463981
Where you getting this from, Mao or Che?
>>
>>30463990
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_insurgency_(2003%E2%80%9311)
if a bunch of goatfuckers with a few college educated terrorists at the top could hold off the world's largest military, anyone with enough willpower and determination could.
>>
File: VdW0b.gif (197 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
VdW0b.gif
197 KB, 400x289
>>30464002
But..... ...but that would suck for the civilians. It's such a shame we can't change things peacefully. But there is no negotiating with tyrants.

As they say in revolutionary circles, "in a good cause there are no failures".
>>
>>30464097
>but that would suck for the civilians. It's such a shame we can't change things peacefully.
Sadly a revolution only happens when there's no other choice.
>>
>>30463929
If you're in the U.S., (or a country that uses AR-15 as its standard service rifle) AR-15. Anywhere else, a Kalishnikov of some sort.
>>
File: 1399433551658.jpg (980 KB, 2000x1335) Image search: [Google]
1399433551658.jpg
980 KB, 2000x1335
>>30463950
>if a revolutionary is using his rifle to begin with, we've all fucked up.

This. Like an armed population, the goal is to dissuade a conventional confrontation because it would become a convoluted and bloody mess. That you can hurt them as much as they'll hurt you.
It still hurts you though, and you won't be able to roll with the punches in a conventional confrontation as well as a conventional military, so the goal is avoid it.

The rifle is there to keep your opponent hesitant and at bay long enough for you to do something with real impact and get away with it.

You don't try and close with the enemy unless you have high level support and/or you know that you're straight up better than them.
>>
I live in yurop, Netherlands, army uses the Canadian Diemaco C7, so the best rifle would be anything that takes 5.56 stanags.
But our police has a shitton of MP5's (and so does the military police and grendarmerie), I think there are actually more MP5's than C8's over here. But the MP5 is only a smg and shit at range so you're probably gonna need both.
>>
>>30464164
For a flat and open country like the Netherlands full caliber would be even better.

It's ironic that a country that has the ideal landscape for tanks gets rid of them completely.
>>
File: 1463046751661.jpg (35 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1463046751661.jpg
35 KB, 500x322
>>30464164
I'm glad you're thinking about overthrowing your government. I wish you luck in your endeavour.
>>
>>30464190
wew laddy, I'm not thinking of overthrowing the government. I live comfy.
Elections are close, I really have no reason to want to overthrow the government.

>>30464178
Yeah, and the funny thing is that they already want to buy new tanks. We're probably going to lose a shitton of money on the whole endeavour.
>>
File: 300px-Great_Wave_off_Kanagawa2.jpg (29 KB, 300x205) Image search: [Google]
300px-Great_Wave_off_Kanagawa2.jpg
29 KB, 300x205
>>30464199
How bout the down trodden and poor. Doesn't your heart bleed for your fellow countrymen? How can anyone be well represented when the lawmakers have corporate hands up their asses?
>>
>>30464199
>I really have no reason to want to overthrow the government.
If the EU keeps headed in its current direction soon our votes won't mean shit.

>implying Dutch politicians aren't spineless anyways and the Netherlands not a corporate whore for its neighbours
We're just a proxy for sell out trade deals and patent trolls on suing sprees, and a stepping stone for our own politicians to become EU bureaucrats.

Of course the Dutch are way too comfortable still to consider doing anything other than voting for the same parties they always have.
I honestly no longer believe the people of this nation care about real freedom. So many will happy defend all the little bullshit rules that constrain every single facet of life, and are proud of things like hate-speech laws and banning of fire arms. We're lucky our government is lazy and incompetent about enforcing them, though we pay that price with a government that won't stand up to anyone, ever.
>>
>>30464217
>How bout the down trodden and poor
It's a welfare state m8, people here are kept comfortable and complacent.

It used to be a source of pride to know we could provide for each other like that, but now it's getting abused (and to be fair, the state actually punishes those one welfare that find work, it's truly ass backwards) and the original goal of helping people get back on their feet has fallen to the wayside.

By the time people will get fed up with the constant decline it will be already far too late. Same thing that plagues most of Europe except we don't have a massive and massively discontent underclass. Instead we have politicians that will bend over backwards for the EU. It's better and worse at the same time.
>>
File: 1437949109771.png (158 KB, 476x345) Image search: [Google]
1437949109771.png
158 KB, 476x345
>>30464279
Same story in Saudi Arabia & Australia. Tons of unemployed on welfare as our country gets sold down the river for pennies on the dollar.

Only violence can solve this problem.
>>
Ar15
>>
Equipment depends on many factors.

Equipment availability: If you were to build a revolutionary army in the UK or Japan, your "starting gear" would be very different than it would be if you started in the USA. The first gear you will have is the one your followers will bring with them. In the case of the UK it would be melee weapons, improvised weapons, some shotguns, .22's, and any weapon dissident police officers and soldiers would bring with them.

Support: If your cause is supported by foreign nations, they'll probably supply you with some old guns. Ex. If you'd build the Free Elsass Revolutionary Army, and Germany supports your cause, you might get some old MPi's, G3's and G36's. If you lack foreign support, then you must get guns from people who have guns - soldiers and police officers.

Logistics: Finally, having exotic guns might look cool but is pretty much pointless if you cannot find the correct ammo, spare magazines, and spare parts. Let's also say that starting an armed revolution without having popular support, and having stockpiled weapons, ammo, explosives, etc. is doomed to failure.
>>
>>30463929
FAL G3 or AK in 7.62
>>
ACE 21-53
>>
>>30464402
7.62 is shit against body armour. Most soldiers wear body armour these days.
>>30464393
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>30463929
Same as what the enemy is using.
so we can steal their ammos, guns and shit .because me and my revolucionarios will surely be short of cash to supply our own.
>>
>>30464576
This is true. The oppressed are rarely well funded.
>>
>>30464526
>7.62 is shit against body armour
x39 maybe, not x51
>>
>>30464393
There are something like 100k SMLE in circulation in the UK. Bolt action has no calibre restriction and in Northern Ireland they have handguns.

Something like 2 million firearms are held legally in the UK, with an unknown number illegally.
>>
Rk 95
>>
>>30463981
Good luck attacking armed convoys, because it's not like we live in a Bill Lind fantasyland
>>
>>30463964
if you think that your country will be invaded by the congolese army, go right ahead
>>
>>30464906
Improv mortar, small trenches (3-4 feet deep, as wide as the road, shift the dirt to the sides and put twigs/etc on it to stop anything that's not a tank), smoke of some sort (a fire will do).

stop them, smoke them, and piss off away from them.
>>
>>30463942
>Hurr durr it takes training to press two push pins and learn to lube up 3 points on a BCG
>>
>>30464906
>Take heavy metallic tubing, available at your nearest construction site.
>Fill with boom boom
>Stuff meany pointy shooty inside tubing
>Point at fuel-filled truck
>light match
>???
>PROFIT
>>
>>30463929
Whichever firearm is the most produced, and widely available with interchangeable parts. Same with vehicles. Logistics, logistics, logistics.
>Insert nice try "whatever alphabet soup agency" here meme
>>
>>30464526
That could be solved with some powder/propellant changes and a penetrator tip like M855. Of course, the best course of action is to find a way to make the round yaw amd tumble, so an air pocket for alight disbalance on impact would be necessary
>>
>>30463929
AKs or Type 81s since you could count on a fuckload of resupplies from Russian or Chinese "advisors".
>>
>>30463929
Nah, fuck rifles. I'll keep them in caches or something. It's all about fertillizer and lots of it
>>
>>30465098
>get spotted emplacing your fougasse on thermals because the military is going to be patrolling their convoy route
>eat a Hellfire from a drone

gg no re
>>
>>30464939
It's like you live in a world where themal cameras and drone don't exist.

The .mil knows what route they're going to use. You have to collect intel and analyze to figure that out.

The .mil has air superiority and can monitor their preferred route 24/7. Eventually, you have to come out of your space blanket.

This isn't even getting into the next generation of defenses like vehicle point defenses.
>>
Whatever that matches the conventional army's cartridge
>>
>>30463981
It works until they just carpet bomb everyone, douse the land in toxic chemicals and leave you with your "victory" as the current generation and the next three are haunted with horrible disfigurements and shattered lands
>>
>>30465444
Not him, but...
>convincing military troops to salt their own land
>>
>>30465404
>It's like you live in a world where themal cameras and drone don't exist.
It's like you live in a world where thermal cameras target people hiding in buildings and drones fuel, repair, and pilot themselves.

>The .mil knows what route they're going to use.
They could, but everyone responsible for calculating that is either hanging from the local post office or sobbing over the mutilated and raped corpses of their family.

>The .mil has air superiority and can monitor their preferred route 24/7
That's odd, all of those drone and multirole pilots didn't mention that when I was snapping their ribs out of their chests one by one.

>Eventually, you have to come out of your space blanket.
But anon, we already are. Come and have some pork sausages, courtesy of the local military police.

>This isn't even getting into the next generation of defenses like vehicle point defenses.
Are they immune to mortars and thermite?

>>30465444
That's not going to fly for very long, and you're also going to have the revolution get 8 times stronger and start committing outright warcrimes whenever they catch some of your soldiers.
>>
>>30465404
And all that million dollar stuff will mean shit when someone will fly a radioguided jet 300kph in the face of the driver from a bush 300 yard away.
>>
>>30463943
Underrated post
>>
>>30465444
>Government
>Carpet Gasing its own cities and civies.

No?
>>
>>30463943
make it an Obrez
>>
>>30465484
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_chemical_weapons_in_the_Syrian_civil_war
>.gov would never straight up indiscriminately kill civilians.
Lol
>>
>>30465464
>They could, but everyone responsible for calculating that is either hanging from the local post office or sobbing over the mutilated and raped corpses of their family.

Great PR. I'm sure this will win the hearts and minds of the American populace who are just as butthurt about faggots marrying as you are.

>That's odd, all of those drone and multirole pilots didn't mention that when I was snapping their ribs out of their chests one by one.

*teleports behind you*
*unsheathes katana*

This some freeform RP-tier shit. Are you 13?

>Are they immune to mortars

Actually, the technology to shoot down mortar shells in flight already exists. It's just a matter of miniaturization.

>thermite

Which you will deliver how exactly?
>>
In ex-Soviet states: AK47
In Americas: AR15
In California: Automatic dildo
>>
>>30465528
>Great PR. I'm sure this will win the hearts and minds of the American populace who are just as butthurt about faggots marrying as you are.
Sure am, considering the scenario I'm talking about involves a government outright starting a war against it's people.

When soldiers are coming into your home, beating your children and waving guns in your face, you tend not to actually care much about their safety.

(That's assuming the soldiers even do this, which is unlikely but the discussion ends early if we don't allow for that)

>This some freeform RP-tier shit. Are you 13?
Nice ad-hominem.

Do you think that pilots (or anyone involved in the maintaining of a plane, which is a massive amount of people) never leave their base, ever?

If you can't hit the pilot, dome the guy responsible for keeping the plane's systems working. Or the guy responsible for fueling it, or handling weapons. Or the ATCs on base. Or the family of any soldier you can reach until some soldiers outright refuse to work.

Or, again, just fucking mortar the joint. Take potshots at barracks. Destroy the base's fuel/food/communications/power.

You seem to think the military is invincible, it's not.

>Actually, the technology to shoot down mortar shells in flight already exists. It's just a matter of miniaturization.
And every single vehicle, facility, or group of people belonging to the military have one of these systems?

No? Then fucking mortar it.

>Which you will deliver how exactly?
Place a barricade, box the little shitbox in, climb on top and place the thermite. Soldiers aren't going to leave an APC if they know they'll be shot if they do.

If it's an APC with a remotely controlled turret, smoke the thing or splatter the sensors with paint if you can get close enough. Or just take shots at the turret from a decent distance.

Or place IEDs, those won't destroy an APC but they'll knock it out. Or make an EFP IED and blow the thing to shit.

Anything that disables it will work.
>>
>>30465619
>Nice ad-hominem.
Not him but kill yourself. Ad-hominem as a logical fallacy only applies when it used as part of an argument. Calling you massive dick sucking faggot for sounding like an edgy 13 yo is just an insult if it isn't apart of his argument.
>But he used it to directly address a point in my argument!
This
>That's odd, all of those drone and multirole pilots didn't mention that when I was snapping their ribs out of their chests one by one
Is not even a real argument, that's you being an edgy rp faggot. Learn the difference retard.
>>
>>30465707
>Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a logical fallacy in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2]

Insulting someone (or using ad hominem which it actually is) really just confesses you don't have a rebuttal.
>>
>>30465619
>Sure am, considering the scenario I'm talking about involves a government outright starting a war against it's people.

Over what? That's a pretty important foundational element of any scenario, and you seem to neglect it.

>When soldiers are coming into your home, beating your children and waving guns in your face, you tend not to actually care much about their safety.

Well, when you're stringing people up in the streets and slitting their throats, you shouldn't necessarily expect the government to play nice.

>Do you think that pilots (or anyone involved in the maintaining of a plane, which is a massive amount of people) never leave their base, ever?

How do you collect that intelligence? Moreover, if it were so easy, why don't we see more of it.

>You seem to think the military is invincible, it's not.

You seem to think that insurgencies win against First World militaries by means other than dying in droves for over a decade until the first world power gets bored.

>And every single vehicle, facility, or group of people belonging to the military have one of these systems?

What is CRAM for $200, Alex?

And you're shifting the goalposts from a convoy attack. I was speculating about things like Iron Fist being used to shoot down mortar shells. Which I will admit is speculative.

>Soldiers aren't going to leave an APC if they know they'll be shot if they do.

Which is why the APC, which is proof against small arms, orients itself in the direction of fire and lets troops out its back hatch. Mechanized infantry doesn't just shoot from any firing ports like you think it does.

>If it's an APC with a remotely controlled turret, smoke the thing or splatter the sensors with paint if you can get close enough.
>if you can get close enough

That's a big "if"

>Or just take shots at the turret from a decent distance

So the TC buttons up and uses thermals. Big woop.

>Or place IEDs

This is the first somewhat realistic thing you've said
>>
>>30465735
You don't need to rebutt a non-argument
>>
>>30463929
I don't think lawyers need rifles.
>>
>>30465735
>lol I gotz the Wikipedia article here
Yet you couldn't fucking read it.
>in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument
>in which an argument is rebutted
Once again rp about tearing ribs out isn't an argument. He can insult your retarded ass all he wants as long as he addresses your real arguments.
http://laurencetennant.com/bonds/adhominem.html
Fun little write up about why you're an idiot.
>>
Since my army will consist of illiterate peasants high on crystal meth i would prefer a gun that spits out lots of light and cheap bullets.
>>
>>30465758
>Over what?
Now you're just picking apart things that don't need to be picked apart. The government is fighting the people, that's all that matters.

>you shouldn't necessarily expect the government to play nice.
And neither should the government when they've become tyrannical to the point of the civilians fighting them.

>How do you collect that intelligence?
And now you're attempting to steer the argument. An air force base (or any military one) needs supplies, power, water, communications, etc. It's impossible to imagine anyone in a military base being able to stay away from rebels in the event of a revolution. Someone needs to go out and get food, medical supplies, etc.

>You seem to think that insurgencies win against First World militaries by means other than dying in droves for over a decade
If you're making references to insurgencies in the ME, the US military actually found out that fighting insurgents is pointless. Asymmetrical warfare will fuck over any organized military. Rebels are not going to adopt a clearly distinguished uniform and set up chains of command in the manner of a normal military, as thus it's hard to fight them effectively.

The US didn't "get bored" either, it realized that spending so much money and time in a place achieving the exact opposite of what it wanted was a bad idea and left.

>What is CRAM for $200, Alex?
Didn't know a CRAM was small enough to fit on an MRAP.

>And you're shifting the goalposts from a convoy attack.
I'm not. A mortar attack could easily be done on a convoy.

>Which is why the APC, which is proof against small arms, orients itself in the direction of fire and lets troops out its back hatch.
Did you miss the part where I said "boxed in"?

Obstruct it's front, prevent it from leaving out the back, and disable the driver by splattering the windows or any other sensor with paint. If it can be done by a bunch of idiots in a riot it can be done by rebels.

cont
>>
>>30465851
Get a Hipoint-Jennings "Glock 40"

That's a real problem solver
>>
>>30463964
They would carpet bomb the fuck out of it before troops set foot in there.
>>
>>30465758
>That's a big "if"
It's probably not going to happen in fields or country roads, but it's entirely possible if it happens in an urban situation.

>So the TC buttons up and uses thermals. Big woop.
Now they can't empty your chest from 200 meters, so you can close the distance or get your buddies to flank and disable it.

>This is the first somewhat realistic thing you've said
What, disabling sensors and boxing a fuckhuge van inside a street isn't realistic?

>>30465799
>you didn't even understand what I was saying
I was merely stating that you can't rely on planes or drones when the people (with extremely high levels of training i might add) are dead or otherwise unable to use said planes or drones.

Saying otherwise is akin to saying a rifle is useful when you don't have any ammo to fire with it. It's not.

Instead of actually thinking to yourself and realizing what I meant, you instead sperged out and cried about the manner of my phrasing.
>>
>>30465854
>The government is fighting the people, that's all that matters.
And the reasons for that determine how things split. Are you trying to imply that everyone that is not on the government payroll is united against the government?

Make clear your premise.

>An air force base (or any military one) needs supplies, power, water, communications, etc.

Granted

> It's impossible to imagine anyone in a military base being able to stay away from rebels in the event of a revolution.

Prove it

>The US didn't "get bored" either

It's tongue in cheek, you autist.

>Didn't know a CRAM was small enough to fit on an MRAP.

Address something I actually said.

>A mortar attack could easily be done on a convoy.

How do they first obtain the route and defeat the surveillance? With high-flying drones, you can't even see when you might be watched and you can't hide under a space blanket forever.

>oh well, I'll set up in a building for my mortar strike

Which won't be noted on the route and surveilled why?

>Did you miss the part where I said "boxed in"?

No, but I don't think the plan you've laid out so far is particularly feasible
>>
>>30465896

>in an urban situation

Then you'll see what they did in Fallujah, one or two tanks and forty or fifty guys on foot around it. Sure, they'll take casualties; but it will difficult to directly attack without losing more insurgents than soldiers.

>What, disabling sensors and boxing a fuckhuge van inside a street isn't realistic?

Given what how the US military has conducted MOUT over the last 13 years, yes.
>>
>>30463942
>Still believing the AK's are reliable meme

Most AK's you buy in the civilian market are not true to their original design. They have much tighter tolerances to improve accuracy and ergonomics. Most AR's on todays market can beat out AK's reliability no problem.
>>
>>30465945
>Make clear your premise.
My premise is that for whatever reason the government has become tyrannical, the military is in good enough shape to continue fighting in some form, but everyone not explicitly in the military or allied with the government is either a rebel or a moderate bystander.

So in other words, if you walk out of the base into a normal suburban city block with anything identifying you as a member of the military or government (keep in mind government means federal in this case), you're going to get shot at.

>Prove it
Alright I'll admit my phrasing on that one was shit. I should have said something more like "It's impossible to imagine anyone on a military base being completely safe from rebels". I do not see how anyone involved in normal day to day operations will be able to stay completely uninjured and safe while the rest of the country is out for their heads.

>It's tongue in cheek, you autist.
I realize that.

>Address something I actually said.
How the fuck is a normal convoy (of APCs/armoured vehicles I'm assuming, unarmoured supply vehicles are easier to hit) going to protect itself from mortar attacks? The best defence they have is to make sure a mortar never gets fired, and see next comment for more on that

>How do they first obtain the route and defeat the surveillance?
The convoy is either going to be outside of a city (easily recognizable natural lines of drift, they'll most likely be on roads, you can map those out) or inside a city (which is unlikely, but you can prepare for that much easier and they most likely will not have complete control over the joint)

>With high-flying drones
How can you assume that the drones are well maintained, fueled, and piloted? I can bet the first thing I'd do in a revolution (pls dont kidnap fbi) would be to shoot any fuckhead transporting fuel and find the families of drone pilots.

>Which won't be noted on the route and surveilled why?
I didn't mention a building.

cont
>>
>>30465404
Afghanistan and the Middle East would like a word with you.
>>
File: il_570xN.282216850.jpg (81 KB, 570x884) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.282216850.jpg
81 KB, 570x884
>>30463981
this guy knows
>>
File: 1457450682087.jpg (157 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457450682087.jpg
157 KB, 1280x720
>>30464279
>>30464316

>this

its pretty much continuing the tradition of bread and circuses that the romans used for the plebs. keep them fed and entertained so they wont rebel, or try to assassinate the people on top.
>>
>>30463929
The one given to you by a foreign sponsor
>>
>>30466064
>My premise is that for whatever reason the government has become tyrannical, the military is in good enough shape to continue fighting in some form, but everyone not explicitly in the military or allied with the government is either a rebel or a moderate bystander.

So, let's take Texas with 27 million people. How do these Rebel and Federal factions break down in real numbers by your estimation. And let's just assume for the sake of scenario building that the Federal faction can put 2% of its population under arms and 1/3 of those guys are trigger pullers. The rebels can put up 4% of their population under arms with half being trigger-pullers and the rest being support.

Then maybe we can get somewhere.

>How the fuck is a normal convoy (of APCs/armoured vehicles I'm assuming, unarmoured supply vehicles are easier to hit) going to protect itself from mortar attacks? The best defence they have is to make sure a mortar never gets fired, and see next comment for more on that

I stated that it was speculation about future technology, given existing tech and trends

So, let's quantify this scenario and try this again
>>
>>30465977
>Which won't be noted on the route and surveilled why?
In addition, you could feasibly settle down anywhere that is somewhat camouflaged and within striking distance of the convoy.

>No, but I don't think the plan you've laid out so far is particularly feasible
Put up some sort of obstruction for the convoy (or vehicle), disable their ability to see (paint, smoke) and then flank their rear. The people inside the thing know full well it's resistant to small arms fire, but they know they'll probably be shot at if they leave the APC. At that point they either storm out the back (at which point you could fire on them or fall back) or stay in (come closer, you now have an advantage)

If you don't want to risk being shot, pull an IED attack or again, mortar the thing from a distance. Or get a few of your guys and lay down suppressive fire and target any non-armoured vehicle if possible.

>Then you'll see what they did in Fallujah, one or two tanks and forty or fifty guys on foot around it.
This is assuming a well fed and supplied force, but I'll go off the assumption that's the case.

You don't need to directly attack. If they're in an urban situation, there's most likely a bunch of civilians nearby. The revolutionaries are not wearing uniforms, so they can simply pretend to be civilians with their weapons hidden somewhere.

Once the convoy comes close, they can use IEDs to halt the group (They'll probably pick up on the IED before they get to it however, but at this point they're not moving) and attack them from all sides. You'll take casualties as you said but it's somewhat possible.

Also I wish to add at this point that tanks normally consume more fuel than sasha grey at a sperm bank, and that fuel has to come from somewhere. Why don't you hit the supply trucks instead?

>Given what how the US military has conducted MOUT over the last 13 years, yes.
Care to give some more details?
>>
First world military would have problems in the USA.

1) The Military would revolt against its self.

2) Massive AWOL - along with theft of equipment.

3) The Military gets paid - if it goes to war with its source of PAYMENT..then please see 1 and 2
>>
>>30465896
>I was merely stating that you can't rely on planes or drones when the people (with extremely high levels of training i might add) are dead or otherwise unable to use said planes or drones
No you were merely stating that you're a 10 yo boy who has daddy issues and doesn't understand the difference between abuse and ad hominem.
>>
>>30463943
10mm x 54r
>>
All of my Christian Marines and New England militia/army would use whatever they would like, because centralized logistics of needing the same weapon and amuntition to be handed out would slow everyone down. As such, with 4GW, multiple German quotes, and many pints of Samuel Adams we could destroy the feds with about 100 t-34s supplied by Tsarist, mow down the college kids who don't agree with our views, and burn lesbian christian priests at the stake!
>>
>>30465978
>muh ar is just as reliable
>muh mud test

Yeah nah get fukt mang
>>
>>30466955
My nigga
>>
>>30466975
Are you a member of the African-American race? US whites don't use that ville word, fix your tone or else you'll be lynched as a criminal. Now get back to those farms and be a good black ok?
>>
>>30467058
Of course, not fellow white Christian. I'm such a dummkopf - German for "dumbass"
>>
>>30467277
>*Sips Samuel Adams with Prussian LARPer.*
>>
>>30467336
*tips pickelhaube*
>>
>>30467425
You wanna go ride in our t-34s so we could be bitches to both China and Russia with their struggle of power over New England that the author conviently forgot about because the world is a nice place with no harm?
>>
>>30467612
Sure thing. Let's call up the SCA so we can put someone on an honest-to-god medieval rack too.
>>
>>30467624
That'd be fun. Boy, it sure is great being such pricks that even conservatives and libertarians hate us. So much so that we'll just burn them/shoot up their places too! (I like to think that he only shows what happens to the liberals. In Linds perfect utopia, if you don't pound puss in missionary, have guns (In one chapter he has a black priest disarm a community and seems to only show that guns are in the hands of authority), belive that pot ain't bad, or think minority groups should have equal rights as whites, then you and your friends place of hangouts like bars and or clubs will be shot up/molotoved by alt-rightists that even /pol/ would disprove of.)
>>
>>30463929
Ak, FAL, or HK91 clone rifles, reliable as fuck, easy to use, abundant ammo supply.
Typically the best use in any situation such as would mandate a revolutionary force, explosives and satchel charges would be the most used items to disable supply lines and transports as well as security and Gates comedy rifles would be used to provide security during the revolutionaries transportation and movements as well as to cover their egress
>>
>>30464526
That's what you have to aim somewhere other than the chest or you have to use a 50 cal likely a parrot or a ma-deuce and good luck getting that shit around
>>
>>30464906
Clearly doesn't know what an ID or shaped charge is
>>
>>30463942
fucking this
I'm tired of the "Ar is sooper relaiable guyz!!1!" an AR has way tighter tolerenaces then an AK, and has far more moving parts. There's a reason they're still used literally everywhere, even as more and more ARs become available, because even if they both jammed with the same frequency it takes two seconds to fix an AK malfunction it's not the same for an AR.
Not saying it's a bad platform, hell I'm not even saying it's inferior, but by god you bastards fucking savor Eugene Stoners cock
>>
>>30468087
Or perhaps it is because, between China and the Soviet Union, more than 20 million of them were build
>>
>>30465258
>>30465258
>airbubble blessed to tumble
No. Decrease the twist from 1:7 to 1:14 the way the original M16 was designed to do.
Larger caliber? Same principle.

Or you know... since a revolutionary army would not be held to Geneva and Hague requirements you could just use hollow points.
But then again it may not be advised.
AP steel tipped FMJ rounds would be more beneficial.
Also chest shots would be useless on any plate carrier that Mil. Or LEO uses.
They're typically level IV or V plates designed to take 7.62x54R and 7.62x51 multiple strikes on the same plate and still protect against penetration.
Want them down? Go for the upper legs or head, even if you have to hit their core a few times to get them down and more stationary for the hard shot
>>
>>30464663
It was an example. I'm not from the UK and don't know what guns are around.
>>
>>30464393
Scotland here.shotguns, some rifles & petrol/pipebombs would be the inital weapons though there are plenty TA bases that could be raided. Would be an idea to take out the nearest police helicopter on the group before the attack so you can get the shit and get away. A diversion to keep the bulk of the local armed police busy elsewhere would be an idea too.
>>30464576
>>30464639
jewellry stores. kidnap the families of rich govt supporters/politicians for ransom. Tax the drugdealers/shoot those who refuse and tell their replacement to pay on time & be discrete.
>>
>>30465978
Which civilian AKs are you specifically talking about.
Which ones have tighter tolerances?
No really, which specific AKs?
Because I think you're talking right out of your ass.
>>
If you had to do something from scratch

>open bolt
>receiver made of square tubing
>lever-delayed blowback
>5.56/223, takes AR-15 magazines
>fixed aperture sight on 300m battle zero
>full giggle only, but with a low enough cyclic rate that you can squeeze off single shots
>>
>>30463929
The M16 variant and AR rifles are pretty common in areas But the AK can be found in the asscrack of every region. But the Ammo wouldn't be as plentiful I think.
>>
Wz.88 tantal or galil with ar mag adapter
>>
But I'd say the ghost guns and old farmers guns will be most common.
>>
>>30463929
Brown Bess like the founders intended
>>
Consider that, lets say a full scale insurgency in America. How much industry would still function? How much of the basic infrastructure would collapse? Exports would fail thus drying up imports and if 1/10 persons are suddenly fighters? That'd seriously out number any force brought to bare. Not including defectors from Civil service and active mil units.

Theyd wish to preserve infrastructure as much as possible, it's not Iraq , Vietnam or whatever. You cant simply bomb the shit out of it all. Hell even as the war drags on Morale would steadily drop, troops wont get what they need, fighting agaist thier own country men would see a steady stream of deserters.

Tech doesnt matter if the people using it don't want to fight.
>>
>>30463943
I want more .40 calibre rifle rounds.
>>
File: m777_6.jpg (23 KB, 470x298) Image search: [Google]
m777_6.jpg
23 KB, 470x298
>>30469366
Damn right I love my brown bess
Pic related, Jefferson gave me a letter of writ saying they meant ALL arms when they wrote the 2nd amendment.
I use mine to protect my ship from pirates.
>>
>>30464110
I dunno, man. Some north-eastern European nations it might be better to have G3s or FALs.
>>
Really wish I had a gun safe so I didn't have to hear my wife bit ching about me buying this PSA barreled and timed AK receiver with headspaced bcg.
God dammit. Guy only wants $225 for it.
Any /k/ommandos down to buy it and sit on it for like two months for me till I have a safe and can buy it off you?
It's in Newark ohio on armslist
>>
>>30468087
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU
>>
>>30465320
Im more of a fan of boiling bleach and adding potassium chloride.... kclo3 works well. 8/1 ratio with vaseline and you got yourself some C4 substitute.
>>
File: Kalashnikov, Mikhail.jpg (242 KB, 1500x1208) Image search: [Google]
Kalashnikov, Mikhail.jpg
242 KB, 1500x1208
>>30463929

>If you were to start a revolutionary army, what would be the most practical rifle?

Duh.
>>
>>30465464
>This argument
m8 if an insurgency was this powerful, they would have already overthrown the government and instated a new regime. Why do you just assume that it will be so easy to fuck up infrastructure like that?
>>
>>30465619
>Regulations can't be adjusted to protect personnel
You're a fucking idiot, gtfo guerrilaboo
>>
>>30464097
Insurgencies rely on provoking the government into attacking insurgents in population dense places. Insurgents can hide among civilians easily, and every single time a civilian is killed while government forces come for insurgents, the government just created a few more enemies.
>>
>>30468087

You know that an AK has more moving parts than an AR right?

The Stoner gas system uses less parts than long recoil.
>>
>>30463929
Whatever that's chambered in the same caliber the nation's military uses and isn't made by Indians or Brazilians.
>>
>>30468087
Just out of curiosity is Putin paying you in roubles, gold, Bitcoins, or something else?
>>
>>30463929
>If you were to start an revolutionary army, what would be the most practical rifle?

Because the priority in starting a rebellion against a larger dominating force is determining the best intermediate cartridge firing small arm is... and definitely not uniting a minority of rabble in concise, attainable goals that would mark a measure of success in a revolution rather than large scale chimpouts, even basic communications amongst rebels while living and operating literally in enemy territory, maintaining reliable supply lines.

I'm legally retarded, and even I see discussing ak vs ar b8 for muh revolution means nothing when you're waiting by your rusted toyota bragging about how your ak is better because it doesnt need the care and attention that you can't afford to give since you're revolting an all and a drone turns you to goo
>>
>>30465735
I took Comp I too anon. You're still an edgy faggot.
>>
>>30468609
I think he's referring to the American made AKs.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.