[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guns for Califags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 280x180
So I'm moving to the bay area. Yeah, for guns it's sub-optimal, but for my career/life it's gonna be great, and It's a good innawoods/desert state. The AR that I am currently building is gonna get sold off because fuck bullet buttons, so I need some ideas for some compliant guns. Currently considering an M1 Tanker Garand, and M1A/M14, or a non-shit era Marlin Guide Gun. Anything else I should keep in mind?
>>
>>30462105
Buy all your off roster handguns prior to moving in state. Once you're here, you're outta luck getting anything that isn't on the list.

Keep your hi caps outta state. Either give them to a friend for safe keeping or sell them.

Bullet buttons are t that bad (if you don't know anything else).

Welcome anon!
>>
>>30462195
Tragically, I know the joy of proper salt rifles. 10rnd limit for handguns, right? Anything not super pricey you would recommend picking up before I go? I was planning on getting a 1911, but since those are kosher I should probably get something I couldn't get otherwise.
>>
>>30462249

Many 1911s aren't on the safe roster because it's not by design, but by manufacturer/model, and new models can't be added to the list. New ones can go at a premium.

Also any M1A must be CA compliant because the stock M1A's flash hider is LOL ILLEGAL ASALT WEPPAN.
>>
>>30462249
Colt Delta Elite.
>single stack 1911 in 10mm
>>
>>30462369
I'm going to be working as an EMT. Assume EMT budget.
>>
>>30462105
>Anything else I should keep in mind?
- You need to make absurdly more money to end up with even some more money. Actually do the math. (because taxes, higher cost of goods/services, etc)
- Consider the impact that state residence will have on your investments and life planning. Think long term. (Also consider property taxes)
- California's economy is shit, it is only big because of shipping and chink almonds. Taxes will continue to drive businesses out of state.
- Store a few hundred/thousand gallons of water.
- Don't trust your neighbors, you will regret it.
- Become a mormon.
- Do not consider retiring here, buy and prepare property in free lands.
- Stay away from the border.
- Learn spanish, but don't let people know you know it. Focus on listening/understanding, not speaking. It can help to save your life.
- Stay out of oakland and compton.
- Be a responsible individual and learn how to properly clear and clean any aquatic equipment you own. Zerba mussels are a big problem.
- Don't buy a house that can burn down. (in cali this means ICF/concrete and a few million dollars for permits/construction)
- Earthquakes, don't store glassware in high places.
- Don't underestimate the time burden of traffic.
- Stay out of the ocean before/during/after the times of year there are faggot parades, and esp after rainfalls.
- Always swim parallel to the coast, never fight a riptide.
- Always keep a gallon or two of water in your car.
- get a costco membership.
- don't come here, stay happy and better off elsewhere.
>>
>>30462384
>I'm going to be working as an EMT. Assume EMT budget.
Your effective income will almost definitely decrease.
>>
>>30462542
>fluent in mexican
>am a faggot already
>will be renting for like $700 a month (I have friends there)
>Have costco membership
>Am used to stupid levels of income tax faggotry and high cost of living because hipsterville
>>
>>30462579
There is actually cheaper rent in the bay area than there is in Portland. And Cali EMTs make more. A lot more. like an extra $15k a year.
>>
>>30462105
Save all the money you can while you're making it. It saved me. It'll save you.
>>
>>30462195
>buy non roster before coming to California

But he isn't legally allowed to import them. He would need someone like a cop buy to private party purchase them and then resell them to him.
>>
>>30462105
bring a bullet buttoned gun you fucking idiot, you will be able to remove it when moonbeam signs the AWB tomorrow. It's going to be much worse in the future, if you can't deal with the bullet button you can't deal with anything here.
>>
>>30462647
>cheap rent in the bay area

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

OP YOU'RE L I T E R A L L Y RETARDED

STAY IN YOUR STATE CA IS SHIT

ALSO why the FUCK wouldn't you just have a BB gun? Fucking autistic.
>>
>>30462647
>cheaper rent in the bay area

Are you living in a one bedroom apartment with like 3-4 other people or something? Or renting a room off craigslist in a crackden? Because the bay area is fucking expensive, and that's just rent. The cost of living in California in general is high.
>>
>>30462677
wait, should I just bring my lower and wait to build until that thing gets signed? I'm not super into high capacity. Would rather have something that I don't need a special tool to reload.
>>
>>30462684
Portland is out of control these days. A tiny studio is $1k a month, even in the shit suburbs.
>>
>>30462105
You might as well keep the AR, friend. If you ever change you mind on the subject, you're going to get fucked when Brown or Newsom sign the ban into effect.

Besides, even if you want to sell it later, the value will skyrocket.
>>
>>30462688
Would likely be in a shared house with people I know. If that fails I can get a studio for $900/month.
>>
>>30462719
So I can just bring the lower and parts kit with me? I really don't want to get into legal trouble.
>>
>>30462711

Jesus, have you ever been to the fucking bay area? Don't complain to me about your faggot portland. Why don't you just move 20 miles out of town and save some money? The bay area is shit. You have either have lived here before the prices went up, be a tecchie yuppie faggot gentrifying the area, or be a mexican and live 3 families to an apartment. You're a fool to come here unless you're seeking employment in the tech industry, bar none.
>>
>>30462739
>So I can just bring the lower and parts kit with me? I really don't want to get into legal trouble.
The law literally doesn't matter to the courts at any level here...
>>
>>30462105
Do not sell your AR, just don't fucking tell anyone about it and hide it in your attic. You can't predict the future, you don't know if you'll move out of state. Also, ARs will soon be the gold standard in CA. Keep your mags, just throw everything in a pelican case or something and lock it and hide it.

As far as good CA guns, you said your career is gonna be great, keep your AR and hide it, and get an M1A. Otherwise, welcome to California.

>Keep your fucking AR and keep your fucking mouth shut.
>>
>>30462787
Right now it's a stripped lower and an lpk. that's it. It's $120 worth of shit.
>>
>>30462700
you register it and remove BB, or you lose it in a boating accident
>>
>>30462105
Bro just buy an ar with a bullet button and get a mag magnet it's literally the same shit.
>>
>>30462731
AHAHAHA YOU'RE A MORON
STUDIOS IN -CHICAGO- ROUTINELY GO OVER A GRAND
YOU'RE SO BONED
>>
>So does cali have border police checking cars now?

Cant you just drive to NV and stock up on goodies and drive back?

Goodies = hi cap mags, salt rifles, etc
>>
>>30462700
>I'm not super into high capacity.
Just get a 10 round mag like us Calicucks have to legally use then
>Would rather have something that I don't need a special tool to reload.
You just need a spare bullet, a pen, a screwdriver, or any narrow implement to push the recessed button. There are keychain tools and magazine-mounted ones, it's not difficult.
>>
>>30462793
That's $120 worth of shit that you might not be able to purchase anymore if you get California residency. And maybe one day you'll decide to build it into something. For $120 you'd might as well keep it anyway
>>
>>30462793
Then KEEP THEM. Christ, you can't hide it in a box of books and leave it at your parents' or something?
>>
>>30462793
Stash that shit!
>>
>>30462845
>>30462848
I'll just leave it with a friend that is remaining in oregon I guess.
>>
>>30462821
>Literally looking at a specific studio in Richmond for $946/month
>450sq/ft
>somehow a moron
I just came here for gun advice.
>>
>>30462861
I wouldn't even leave it bro, it's not illegal to have a lower and LPK. You don't need a bullet button if it's a lower.

>>30462832
I've been worried about this too, however they legally can't search your car without a warrant. However I'm not sure.
>>
>>30462902
I am only obsessed with keeping everything legit because I want to become a cop eventually. I like guns, but I am not that attached to the dakka. As long as I have something decent for hunting/innawoods/plinking/cc I'm happy.
>>
>>30462902
They can't search
However
There have been cases of police outside lgs following ca plated cars over the border and arresting for importing illegal items
Also
Some lgs will not sell to customers with ca id's it's not illegal to some just choose not to
>>
>>30462739
Yeah, you can bring that stuff still. Install a bullet button and you're fine, it will only take a minute and they're cheap.

You will probably have to register it, mind you. Unless it was an 80 percent lower build, then you are still okay until "ghost gun" bill gets signed. At which point you will need a CA DOJ assigned serial number to be engraved on it/registered.

You really chose a bad time to move to Commiefornia.

Hell, the gunpocalypse bills just hit Brown's desk. And in LESS THAN 2 DAYS, he will be going out of state, LEAVING NEWSOM IN CHARGE.

Who will then likely sign the bills into law and fuck us all one full year earlier than expected (Brown is hit/miss on gun control whereas Newsom is full blown Stalin-tier)
>>
Welcome to the greatest state in America. Try not to have too much fun
>>
>>30462928
>cop
>cali bay area
Get ready to suck a lot of dick.
>>
>>30462542
>Stay out of the ocean before/during/after the times of year there are faggot parades, and esp after rainfalls.

Why? Does AIDS particles wash out to the ocean?
>>
File: image.png (72 KB, 698x658) Image search: [Google]
image.png
72 KB, 698x658
>>30463132
>>
>>30462105
Take your guns with you, if you feel awkward about the ar situation, just take it apart and if the situation comes up where somehow an LEO questions you about no BB, say you just bought the upper today and are waiting for a BB in the mail.

Suggestion:
Since youre an emt and are looking at leo down the line use the blue label discount in your current state and get yourself 2x glock gen4. One for yourself and one to sell for 3 times the price.

Luckily you can carry fixed blades here, even in san fran, so get yourself a becker bk2 and edc that shit. My buddies used to laugh at me for carrying a fixed blade, until i had to pry open the rear door of our vehicle with it and their tactical folders broke on them when they tried.

Also when looking for cheap places, if you decide to live on your own, look south of san fran or east such as pacifica or alameda. Relatively safe communties with decent renting prices.
>>
>>30463176
Gonna probably edc a regular handgun. Because knowing cops makes getting a ccw a lot easier in a cuck state.
>>
>>30462928
You are what's so fucking wrong with CA
>>
>>30463214
I don't give a shit.
>>
get all the handguns you can now, because they either double in price on the secondary market here or arent available at all.

example: gen4 glocks sell for 800+ here, HK VP9 sells for 900-1000, ruger 22 pistols sell for 500, lcp sells for 500, etc etc.
>>
>>30462105
Depends if your "career" exceeds your upkeep.
>M1 Tanker Garand
No, I think not.
>M1A
If you find one.
>Marlin Guide Gun
I recommend BLR's.
>>
>>30462105

Look at California's gun laws and probe for holes. Do they have a specific list of banned guns or do they ban certain features? Are there less common firearms that are unknown to law makers but have the same semi auto detachable magazine capabilities? Here in MD the AK is banned but the vz58, which has identical capabilities and some people would argue is superior, is just fine because our law makers are fucking retarded and know nothing about guns.

The SKS, m1, and mini 14 are obvious choices. A lot of people here like to shit on the mini but it's essentially ban proof because of its traditional wood stock and harmless appearance. Anti gunners look at it and think it's a "normal hunting rifle" while still accepting optics, detachable mags, and being semi auto. Proprietary mags do suck but the mini's magazines are common enough that you could probably buy them in a neighboring state to reach uncucked status. Just do your homework on these guns before you jump in. The mini and m1 have ammo restrictions for example.
>>
>>30463210
Sorry to say but you still wont be able to get a ccw until you become an LEO. Im a paramedic for a fire station here in san fran, and its impossible to get a ccw while having a living address in the city.
>>
>>30464417
Mini is a really good idea actually. .223 is a lot cheaper than .308.
>>
>>30462105

Glock 29
>>
>>30462384

>moving to the bay area
>great for lifr
>gonna be an EMT

Lol OP you poverty now. Enjoy it
>>
>>30462876

>Richmond

lol you gonna die son. They don't call it cutting Blvd by accident.
>>
>>30466212
>Have ccw
>Surprise bitch
>>
>moving to CA
why.jpg

also,
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-essential-politics-california-lawmakers-send-broad-package-1467318789-htmlstory.html

if I were you I would leave all my gun with a family member in another state and not to buy any new ones depending on how long your staying

or better yet, don't move to the authoritarian hellhole of a state
>>
>>30466484
>Cert is good there
>Have friends there
>>
>>30466407

You will not get a ccw in contra Costa county. Ever.
>>
>>30466518
you won't be able to own any gun or magazines with more than 10 rounds, ever

a bill is likely going to be passed in 2 days that will ban "assault weapons", including bullet buttoned ARs which they can further redefine at any time

they are pushing registration, and like NY, that will likely lead to outright confiscation

cali is expensive as fuck and full of idiots and shitbag criminals

no CCW unless you're in with a politician

>cert is good there
you mean for an EMT? isn't there some sort of retraining program or reciprocity for other states?

>have friends there
you can make friends anywhere

though if you do, join local groups that campaign for gun rights, not that it will likely make a difference anytime soon
>>
>>30466631
Will be joining pink pistols. Cali has full nremt reciprocity. Was also considering Philly, but PA doesn't recognize the nremt registry. I'm more of a milsurp person anyways, so I don't really care that much about the new rules. Will just stick to shit like a garand.
>>
>>30466631
Brown just signed it this morning
>>
File: Angry-Frog-Meme-30.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
Angry-Frog-Meme-30.png
361 KB, 858x725
>>30466824
Lovely.
>>
>>30466805
as an EMT you can move anywhere in the country and make decent dosh, but if you take California housing prices into account you're going to be poor

use this to check housing
http://www.city-data.com/city/California.html
and this for employment data
http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes292041.htm

I gave those a quick once over and CO and WA are better choices if you want to live close to the West Coast

>Will be joining pink pistols
lol gay

>>30466824
color be fucking surprised, it wouldn't surprise me if everything but single shot durr rifles are banned within 5 years at this rate
>>
>>30466995
Don't mind being a poorfag for two more years if it means I'll have a decent life desu. Bay area is hard up for paramedics, and cops get decent pay. Also non-cuck guns.
>>
>>30467119
>Don't mind being a poorfag for two more years if it means I'll have a decent life desu.
>implying their mulually exclusive

>Bay area
>annual mean wage <$50k

lol you're delusional. if you live on the peninsula you're going to be pay more than half your salary for rent and you struggle to survive let alone have money for ammo. On the other hand you can live in crime ridden Oakland, be surrounded by poor minorities that'll try to rob you, plus you'll have to commute.
>>
>>30462105
weld an ar15 mag where it cant be moved from an ar15 and use stripper clips
>>
>>30467265
a better way is to not use a gas system and make it straight pull
>>
>>30462105
>M1A
>M14
>In CA

I don't want to be the one to break to this to you...
>>
File: 15-22-bd[1].jpg (150 KB, 529x227) Image search: [Google]
15-22-bd[1].jpg
150 KB, 529x227
>>30467265

yep

>>30467284

that just makes it into a shitty bolt action
>>
>>30467320
>that just makes it into a shitty bolt action
bolt action != straight pull

what are you going to do, pop out out takedown pin and use one of those USGI spoon loaders? that's fucking retarded
>>
>>30467258
Will live in shit area because I don't give a fuck.
>>
File: 1431532085176.gif (2 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1431532085176.gif
2 MB, 400x240
>>30467356
>bolt action != straight pull
>>
Dont come to California OP, it is a shithole.
>>
>>30467359
then you'll be slightly less poor and likely get fucking stabbed to death. I think there's an an EMT joke in there somewhere. Seriously, look at those maps for employment and housing prices. You can check violent crime too.

>>30467372
they're are mechanically distinct you knob. A straight pull AR is even dissimilar from a K31 bolt because the buffer tube provides spring tension on the return stroke.
>>
>>30467410
>they're are mechanically distinct you knob.
Any time you have to manually operate the bolt for the gun to cycle, it's a bolt action, you dingus.
>>
>>30467356

>bolt action != straight pull

It's functionally identical, you have to remove your hand from the trigger to load each bullet
>>
>>30467461
>>30467455

You're playing semantics. Straight pulls use an extension of the bolt with helical grooves to operate the bolt as apposed to the usual bolt actions in which the bolt is directly manipulated with no mechanical linkage. You might as well call lever actions and pump actions guns bolt action too because in both you're using a mechanical extension of the bolt to cycle.They are mechanically and functionally different and enough to be classified differently.
>>
>>30467538

You're the one playing semantics here. You manually pull the bolt back to load a round, that's a fucking bolt action. Bolt-actions in the UK are even referred to as "straight pulls."

You also haven't listed any reason why this would be better than a stripper clip fed AR other than "it's retarded." I'd rather spend an extra 3 seconds loading than have to move my hand and fuck up my aim after every shot.
>>
>>30462670
Incorrect, if he moves here he can legally keep off roster handguns so long as he registers them with the state.
>>
>>30463161
>dirty needles, Condoms, shit, bodily fluids, sewage, trash

It's is not a good idea to swim in Southern CA after things get washed out to sea.
>>
>>30466407
>ccw
>richmond

OH THE LAUGHS
The cops will definitely throw your stupid ass in jail over that.

It's niggerville. You're better off living in oakland, it has a lesser murder rate. Plus, it's dirty and shit, and full of spics, or ghetto filipinos. And it's next to all the oil facilities, probably the only place in the SF bay where there is an industrial base.

But what do i know, i've lived in the bay my whole life.
>>
>>30467598
> You manually pull the bolt back to load a round

>A bolt is a mechanical part of a firearm that blocks the rear of the chamber while the propellant burns

You do not touch the bolt to cycle straight pull rifles. You pull a handle that is attached to a tube AROUND the bolt with helical grooves cut in it. The bolt then unlocks from the locking lugs from that action.

>You also haven't listed any reason why this would be better than a stripper clip fed AR other than "it's retarded."
I explained it in that post. You would have to takedown the AR halfway just to load a magazine. You would ruin a lower by welding a magazine to it, and if the magazine gets damaged, you're fucked. AR magazines aren't really designed conveniently loaded from stripper clips either.
>>
>>30465241
>Take your guns with you, if you feel awkward about the ar situation, just take it apart and if the situation comes up where somehow an LEO questions you about no BB, say you just bought the upper today and are waiting for a BB in the mail.
San Fran is like the single worst Commie city in the state, and it definitely ranks up there in the top 5 in the nation. No one other that cops or senators can get there.
>>
>>30462105
Acquire Garand, M14, Mini-14 or even heck an AR-15 while you still can.
Acquire off-roster handguns. Even ones you don't particularly care for. Re-sell once registered in CA. I'd pay a king's ransom for a Manurhin MR-73.
Hook up with the norcal slack /k/ group and Calguns.
>>
>>30462876
>Richmond
>iron bars on 3rd floor windows
>violent daytime break-ins all day erryday
>cops WILL arrest/shoot you but totally ignore the fuckhead who stole your shit

Dude if you want to save money and aggravation just go ahead and move to Monrovia in Liberia. Much safer.
>>
>>30468848
What part of my friends there are Richmond pd are you missing?
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.