[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one thing in a city worth sending in ground troops for.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: urbanwarfare.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
urbanwarfare.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1080
Name one thing in a city worth sending in ground troops for.

Protip: You can't.
>>
>>30461446
BDA.
>>
>>30461446
>Protip: You can't.

Really, so looting enemy museums isn't worth a company of welfare queens?

Maybe capturing key infrastructure? Sure be nice to drive through a city instead of pissing away fuel and time to drive around it?

Rubbing the enemies' face in the fact that it's over and he lost? Nothing says "You're punked" quite like a division of not your troops walking around one of your major cities. Much less your capital.

Face it kid, it's the current year and you just got sacked. Nothing personal.
>>
Ground forces are the only way to secure a take-and-hold victory.
>>
File: priorities-sea-view.jpg (59 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
priorities-sea-view.jpg
59 KB, 600x450
>innocent civilians
>>
>>30462087
>worth
>>
>>30461446
pucci
>>
>>30461446
Clearly you have never played red alert 2 do you know how much gold is in every city mate? Evey city has at least 4 oil refineries also
>>
Morale victory, political posturing.
>>
infrastructure relevant to your logistical needs.

an airfield, port,railyard and rail lines, and some warehouses; will make a huge difference in keeping your supplies and fighting forces moving forward.
>>
>>30461446
The point of capturing cities is not to have to supply 200 sieges behind your lines, especially when they are also important communication hubs with airfields, railroads etc.
>>
>>30461446
Major Transportation hubs.
>>
>>30461446
Hvt such as high ranking officials for capture.
>>
File: Laughs without borders.jpg (31 KB, 504x336) Image search: [Google]
Laughs without borders.jpg
31 KB, 504x336
>MFW OP got shit on
>>
>>30461446
>City has several regiments defending it
>Don't send troops in, let's just go around it.
>Front in front of you
>Have to keep half your force around the city to siege it and defend
>City and front launches a coordinated attack on two sides
>You die

Genius m8
>>
>>30465272
>City has several regiments defending it

Defending cities is counter productive. Defenses just attract artillery and bombs. Aside from some AA to defend industrial assets, I'd put my defenses outside the cities, near transportation choke points. This draws fire from civilian targets (indirectly protecting them) and makes defenses mobile and harder to predict.
>>
My browser history is important
>>
>>30461446
Detroit.
>>
>>30461446
victory points
>>
>>30465525
>This draws fire from civilian targets (indirectly protecting them) and makes defenses mobile and harder to predict.
>makes defenses mobile and harder to predict.
>defenses outside the cities, near transportation choke points.

Congratulations as all your now out in the open troops have been subjected to massive airstrikes to include large amounts of Napalm. You know, since there is no worry of destroying that infrastructure I want to capture and no worry of civilian collateral damage.

Thanks for making it easier for me.
>>
>>30465232

>Metal Gear Solid: Giggles of the Patriots
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.