[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the first time you ever shot a gun /k/ How old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 15
File: IMG_0061.jpg (236 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0061.jpg
236 KB, 1536x2048
Tell me about the first time you ever shot a gun /k/

How old were you? What gun? What context? How'd you feel?
>>
>>30458324
>9
>Break barrel 10 gauge
>Made me scared of guns until I was about 14-15

My friends dad got drunk when I was visiting and thought it would be funny to make me shoot this shotgun. Don't be a dick like him. That's how anti gunners get made
>>
>>30458324
>around 14
>big brother bought a shitty car from a coke head
>paid me and my buddy 20 bucks to clean coke head car out
>find probable murder weapon in taped up garbage bag
>.22LR revolver no idea what make or model

made me feel lucky since nobody else my age or in the neighborhood had their own gun. I knew it wasnt really a toy from the beginning and treated it much more carefully than the BB gun i had. I bought .22 from the local gun store which is still open to this day. such is life in crappy small town texas. i eventually left it beneath the window frame of my parents house and left it behind when we moved out
>>
File: leon.jpg (38 KB, 431x300) Image search: [Google]
leon.jpg
38 KB, 431x300
>>30458324
>How old were you?
Shit Probably 5 years old. My entire life has revolved round firearms. I was plinking before I was out of diapers most likely. I don't remember. I've always had a weapon.
>>
File: savagemodel24j.jpg (67 KB, 599x390) Image search: [Google]
savagemodel24j.jpg
67 KB, 599x390
>be me
>be about 7 years old
>be sitting in the back of truck shooting 22 out of a .410/22 over under that my dad had
>be given a .410 round by my dad
>be excited to flip the switch and shoot the other barrel!!!
>get kicked in the shoulder and cry like a bitch because .410 surprises me and hurts 7 year old me

And I didn't come around to shotguns again until I was around 11 and went duck hunting with a 20 gauge and turkey hunting with a 16 gauge.

pic related, it is pretty much the same gun I was using but the pic is a newer model, I think. Dad's is pretty beat up.
>>
>>30458324
>The first time i can remember shooting a gun was i was 4.
>double barrel 12 gauge(i only ever shot 12 gauge.)
>after a day of tagging along with my dad and his friends dove hunting, one of his buddies let me shoot at a couple of crow ontop of an old barn.
>i was pretty happy.
>>
>>30460647
geez you were a pussy, i was shooting .308 and 12 gauge 3 1/2" magnums before i was age 5.
>>
File: 9130Side.jpg (357 KB, 2544x593) Image search: [Google]
9130Side.jpg
357 KB, 2544x593
>Somewhere between 7 and 10
>Dad decides it's time
>Old ass semi auto .22 rifle
>Showing 55 gallon drum who's boss
>Dad hands me 1911
>Nearly drop it
>Hands me nugget
>On my ass

Pretty good first experience, even for a little weak ass kid that I was I still loved it. And I have that nugget now, and he still has the .22, always shoot it when I have the chance, it was my first so it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Pic related, the nugget.
>>
File: P1420768__10562.jpg (361 KB, 1280x964) Image search: [Google]
P1420768__10562.jpg
361 KB, 1280x964
I had just turned 18, and my dad had just got a CC licence and bought an S&W 410S. He knew nothing about guns and the salesman sold him that pistol because ".40 is the best" and "a lighter frame means less recoil". Fuck Shooter's Service right in the ass, I'm glad they're going out of business.

We went to a shitty little range in metro Detroit (Double Action). At the stall he loaded the pistol, took the safety off, handed it to me, and said "shoot". I remember it was comfortable as fuck and had an excellent trigger. I also remember it being snappy because fuck .40. Overall it was a good experience though, and started my love for shooting and S&W pistols.

My godfather was also with us and he had his G19 and G22, both 2nd gen. I really liked shooting them both, and thought the G22 was a lot more controllable than the 410S despite them both being .40.
>>
>>30458324
>8
>cruise ship
>clay shooting on the aft deck
>dad waits til it's over and bribes the deck hand to let me take a shot
>fucking smoked that shit

It was like the opening montage of a movie about some famous shooter. Unfortunately I didn't live up to the hype, I'm a terrible shot and just have bad coordination generally.
>>
File: 20150703_112113.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150703_112113.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>30458324
>9yo
>Grandpa's Colt M16A2 sporter (which i own now)
>pic related
A guy from my church had land and we went out and shot watermellons and stuff. I had a great time, but the adults made surei knew how serious guns were. I think it really shaped my entire view of firearms.
>>
>How old were you?

>What gun?
My stepdad's Colt SP1 that he bought in the early 1970s when he was in his late teens

>What context?
We were visiting family friends and they were shooting out back, and my stepdad brought me out to show me how it all worked and to teach me some simple basic stuff

>How'd you feel?
It was fun and got me interested in shooting. We lived out in the sticks with plenty of places to just tromp around and shoot, and by the time I was ten I had free reign with his Marlin Model 60 and by the time I was 13 I had free reign with his Norinco AK which was what got me hooked on Combloc firearms and interested in Eastern European military history. I never really got into ARs, though, which is kind of surprising considering my stepdad had around a dozen around the house.
>>
>>30458324
>be germanfag
>intrested in military and guns since i can think
>always wanted to join the german paratroopers
>mfw cucked with quiet severe rheumatism
>always reading about guns, tanks, planes n shit (fuck boats)
>be 16 'murica vacation with family
>ask dad to go to a range
inb4 fuck touristrange
>going to las vegas gun range
>rent a glock 23 and a ar 9mm
>dickisdiamonds.mpu
>after shooting just watch the glorious gun hanged walls
>leave with a boner
>best day in my life

Im a broke student now but after uni i'll do my Waffenbesitzkarte and finnaly abolish nofunslife
>>
>>30462923
If you're cute I'll smuggle you to America.
>>
Original Martini Henry

>>
File: a1_51214_h-g3sas_06.jpg (40 KB, 425x329) Image search: [Google]
a1_51214_h-g3sas_06.jpg
40 KB, 425x329
>>30462961
i can make you some sauerkraut and other german food if you want
>>
I was like ten or so.

>be me
>be ten or so
>have friend who owns tons of guns
>we become good buddies in the fit grade
>we both have an interest in the second world war
>he invites me over to shoot his M1 Grand
>come over, we go to range with his dad
>asks me if I've ever shit a gun before
>nosir.jpeg
>says that's ok, just hold it firm and point forward
>struggle holding it flat, I was a weak lad then
>take one shot, look at the gun in astonishment of the power
>friend and friends dad laughs
>I proceed to shoot the remaining seven rounds in quick succession with horrendous accuracy
>hear the *PING* as the bandolier flies out
>"well anon, what'd ya think?

That was the beginning of an expensive hobby.
>>
>>30458324
don't remember exact age, but it was in my teens.

>Dad has a Browning Auto-5, and a .38 special (not sure what model or make it was, hammer was semi-concealed though.)
>I left the range with a big bruise on shoulder and a bigger smile.

after that

>be 16
>Go to indoor range
>Shoot .357 revolver and 1911.
>Shots were mostly off place, but I did get a bullseye with both.
I was in JROTC rifle team at the time.

Lastly
>Sometime ago, couple months maybe?
>Go to Dad's friend's farm.
>Shoot both original guns.
>Aim has improved a bit.

Other than that, I'm planning to learn how to cap bullseyes with that revolver on a constant basis.
>>
>21
>Saiga in 7.62x39
I bought it as my first rifle. Never had a gun before that, just lurked /k/ for a couple years and enjoyed learning how the function. I live innacity so I went to a family friend's rural property where he has a ditch/hill to shoot into. It was pretty exciting.
>>
>>30458324
Okay
>9 years old
>neighbor and landlady for family's house has pecan trees
>squirrels are after pecans
>she is 85 and can't hold 22 rifle steady enough to shoot squirrels out of trees
>calls me over
>shows me how to load rifle, how to work the bolt, how to aim, and when to shoot
>successfully kill five squirrels
>next day get squirrel stew
>parents find out how squirrel meat was acquired
>mom freaks out a little
>dad thinks it's hilarious
>continue vigilance against squirrels but mom makes me wear goofy safety goggles
Squirrel tastes kinda like rabbit imo
>>
>>30463081
Also I had fun with it and 22 is still favorite plinking/squirrel round
>>
>20
>Boot camp Edson Range
>M16
>Felt like boners exploded into happiness rainbows, all was right with the world

Am I the only guy who went into the mil a fun virgin? First time I shot I was so nervous.

I have been out a while and am now a fun loving guy who ranges/hunts. I was also Infantry so got to fire a lot. Shot a couple AT4's, got to rock a 50 cal once.

I wish I got to shoot as a kid like you guys tho. I eventually popped my cherry, guess I was a late bloomer.
>>
I got a bolt action .410 for my 12th birthday.
>>
File: Trim_20160701_140228.webm (1 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Trim_20160701_140228.webm
1 MB, 800x450
>be 20 year old germanon
>want to go to indoor range to finally shoot some guns
>invite some friends to go there on my birthday

Was breddy Gud:DDD

>first rifle was a Marlin in .357 Magnum
>shot several other rifles including Ar15, Vz58 and USP in 9mm
>RO tells us to wait a second and goes out of the range
>comes back with a big plastic case
>"MAGNUM RESEARCH"
>"Since it's your birthday I thought I'd bring out something more fun"
>Its in .50 African eliminator
>Shoot it and get buttfucked by recoil
>So erect I could plow a field in winter

I wish I wasn't so poor , I definitely want to get an AR15 at some point in my life.
>>
File: Trim_20160423_204330_2.webm (1 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Trim_20160423_204330_2.webm
1 MB, 800x450
>>30464412
Webm somehow got trimmed to much, trying again
>>
>>30458324
>How old were you?

>What gun?
Colt .22 Huntsman

>What context?
My dad had taken me out camping for the first time. He used to take my older brother all the time, but my brother hated anything outdoors, and largely hated my dad too.
Me on the other hand loved my father very much.
My mom didn't want him to take me because she was very traditional and didn't think it was appropriate. So there we are, and I'm loving all of it.
On the third day, he tells me that he wants to teach me to shoot, if I want to learn. He tells me that if he does, I can't tell my mom.
So I agree.
And we set up some coke cans on a berm and we start talking about the basics, safety, how the gun works, how to use the sites, and all that.
He fires a few times, and hits the cans. I think that it cant be that hard.
So I tried. And tried. And tried.
Each time, he talks to me, shows me what I did wrong, and coaches me.
Finally, I squeeze the trigger, and I feel the gun fire and I see the coke can spin and fall over.

>How'd you feel?
Amazing. I fell in love with shooting. My hands were shaking, my stomach was tight, and I was having a blast with my dad.
I loved it because I saw, the moment I hit the can, all the effort that I had put in that day made physical. I have loved shooting ever since.
A drunk driver killed him some time ago, but everytime I go shoot, I remember him talking to me that day clear as yesterday, telling me to breathe right, take my time, concentrate.
I never feel like hes gone while I'm shooting.
>>
S&W 686 shooting 38 Sp
Shooting range north of Toronto
Expected more kick and overall more power but surprised that it felt like a pop more than a bang. Obviously I was oblivious to each calibers power.

Felt so good that since then I told myself I'll get my license and that would be the first gun I buy and I just did yesterday. 686 with a 4.25" barrel.
>>
File: 2013-05-01 22.13.30.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2013-05-01 22.13.30.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>30464850

Pic related. First twelve rounds I've ever fire.
>>
File: 883.jpg (296 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
883.jpg
296 KB, 1200x1600
>Tiny-ass 20 gauge hunting squirrels
>Shot an SKS immediately after

Gave me a lot of perspective.
>>
File: feels.jpg (24 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
24 KB, 851x315
>>30464820
>>
>boy scout
>week long camp thing (I think it was called woodruff?)
>rifle shooting/ marksmanship badge
>get to shoot a single shot bolt .22
>>
>>30458324
>8 years old
>with dad at one of his black powder matches
>match ends
>"hey son, do you wanna try taking a few shots before we head on home?"
>golly gee willickers, pops, that'd be keen!
>sets me up on a bench
>with his sharps chambered in 45-90
>I am 8 years old
>this gun is bigger than I am

I lost my arm that day.

>but I found my dick
>>
>>30458324
Gun: Sig 550
Context: Knabenschiessen -> A shooting contest for youths
it was the beginning of a love story
>>
>>30458324

I was like 4 when my Grandfather took me out to shoot his old ass revolver for the new years eve.

I was on his laps and he held the gun at all times, but I could press the trigger and it was the shit, I remember that.

Although my finger got stuck when I pulled the trigger with the 2nd phalanx, I bled a little but it didn't scared me off, I can say that.
>>
>How old were you?
>What gun?
12 gauge pump action
>What context?
Skeet shooting on a farm
>How'd you feel?
I fainted very briefly after the shot, my vision was blurred, and I felt this feeling of relief. I hit the clay disc.
>>
Been shooting guns since i was 3. I dont remember the first time. The earliest memory i have shooting is with my dad when i was 6 shooting .38's out of his dan wesson. That was also the first time i got to run a chainsaw. Limbing trees with a tiny homelite so my dad could cut them for firewood.
>>
>7 years old
>out camping/fishing at tiny reservoir in the desert
>no one is there but my family
>dad pulls out .22 mag revolver and sets up some cans on opposite side of stream
>teaches me gun safety first then holds my hand on the gun while I shoot
>I ask him to let me shoot by myself and he does
>shoot the cans or whatever and love it.
>end up muzzling him when it's empty
>dad slaps me in the face and tells me I can't shoot if I can't be safe or something along those lines
>Pissed the rest of the camping trip

I have a vague memory of shooting a Marlin semi-auto .22 before this, but this is the first I can remember clearly.
>>
>>30458324
>4 or 5
>H&R springfield stalker .58cal
>My dad would let me line up the sights and pull the trigger, while he held it for me. When ever he was in the backyard plinking..
>LOVED IT.
>>
Late bloomer.

First shot a ruger 10/22 of my brothers when I was about 18 and he was 16. Was disappointed and didn't touch guns till I was about 23. Brother buys a Benelli m2 in 12 gauge. Shot it in a field of my dads and love it since.
>>
Hi Standard 22 revolver

By 8 or 10 I was shooting my dads Ithaca 72 saddlegun lever action 22
Could hit clays at 50 yards standing easy
>>
>Be me 3 years old
>going to the hunting club
>I always liked it there. Got to play outside
>dad came back, didn't get anything
>I asked him to shoot the gun
>It's a little big, anon, but ok
>go to the range that's like 30 feet away
>dad lets me hold his rifle. My 3 year old arms can't
>he sets it on the bench
>shoot
>I freakin fly off the table and I'm smiling in delight
>lucky I didn't break my shoulder
It was a .50 cal muzzle loader
>>
>>30458324
I was about 9 or so. Can't remember exactly. We were visiting Oklahoma family. Cousin and uncle grabbed their 10/22 and had me shoot it on their massive property. I was instantly hooked. For some silly reason they only had one 10 round mag. I was loading that thing so fast and with such enthusiasm. Didn't shoot again for several years after that but the seed was planted.
>>
6 or 7, shooting pumpkins with my uncle's Marlin Model 60. Not sure if I was hitting anything but was fun. Next they had me shoot a 12 guage and made me cry. No earpro, no proper stance, etc

Then my brother's 4006 duty gun and Chief's Special ccw (St Louis police) at bottles when I was 10 for first handguns
>>
>>30458324

SKS

Friend and his family were super funs, saw that i liked them, and as a birthday present paied for a day at the range to pop my funs cherry (and to show that the media lies.)

Was super excited and felt anxious as to how the RO's would be. Entire indoor range was super chill, and the RO's were even chiller, they kept the safety explanation shorter then the breif explanation your cool uncle gives you before they give you a bb gun. (Though i had one next to me the entire time to monitor/help me, good thing because the SKS had ejection problems.) And when someone was firing a .50 singleshot on my way in, the RO grabbed me and brought me to stand behind it and feel the blast of it.

And ever since then, guns get me all excited.
>>
>>30458324
Was given AR 15 at 3 months old. Can't remember when I shot my first gun, but I remember poppin' cans with a .22 from the porch at a young age.
>>
Gun: .22 pistol

>Moved out of Puerto Rico (fuck that island and its gun laws) after a year in Florida i finally decided to go to a gun show, took ccw class because why the fuck not, pulled the weapon like the instructor told me and let loose a round.

Kept a plain face during that time but man i was not dissapointed, now i got some milsurps and im tooling up to build my first ar15.
>>
>10-13 years old
>with my dad, lil brother and great uncle(old war vet) and his guns
>drive out of the city a fair bit to a public outdoor range next to the highway(something like pic related)
>just us, a few old wood benches and a berm
>iron sight, bolt action .22lr rifle, and tin cans come out
>go over sight picture and general safety with us
>pretty fun. lil bro and me are getting pretty good at it, knocking cans off railroad ties like pros
>for fun, great uncle takes out a handgun after the rifle
>an old, worn, blued, probably 9mm. something like a Mackarov or Hi-Power. maybe a 1911 but i doubt it
>uncle single loads a round into the chamber for each of us
>i probably shoot a foot to the side of the can
>another car shows up. they take out a fancy, tricked out AR and start blasting away
>great uncle mentions that it shoots tiny bullets. might have been in a condescending way, memory too old
>we leave. have tinnitus ever after because no ear-pro
>i remain a noguns until almost 30
>still fondly remember that day
>>
File: thumbs up m 1445493869691 (1).jpg (101 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up m 1445493869691 (1).jpg
101 KB, 398x500
I just bought my first gun (stevens 320 20 gauge) on Jan 1st of this year and shot it for the first time about a month or so ago.

Guns are really fun to shoot.
>>
File: dragunov.jpg (9 KB, 459x110) Image search: [Google]
dragunov.jpg
9 KB, 459x110
>>30458324
>around 13, outdoor range with my dad and his friend
>friend had a shit tones of guns
>brought his dragunov
>mfw he's got a fucking dragunov

ended up hitting my dad in the face with the shells a few times fun times....fun times
>>
i was 11 and when i was at my scout summer camp, they had a free period in which i decided to go to the range. some sort of .22lr bolt action sport rifle with Cyrillic all over it. Dick was iron. Next year, I got Rifle merit badge. Dick was steel. After that, I got shotgun, and dick was total diamonds.
Still haven't figured out the rifle model. Would love to pick one up for nostalgia.
>>
Around 10, at my friend's grandfather's place out in the boonies. He let me and my friend fire a few rounds from his Mini-14.
One of the casings when it ejected hit a nearby tree and bounced into my shoe, and I got stung by a bee due to my flailing about. Fun times.
>>
>>30458324
>21
>Ruger Mark II
I'd been interested in guns since my teens but no one in the family shot, and no friends had guns. My main interest was handguns and CC, so I never got a long gun at 18.

Finally I turned 21 and told a co-worker I was excited to get a carry gun. Lo and behold he offered to take me to the range and try out an assortment of different handguns. We started with the Mark II and honestly I don't remember any distinct feelings after the first shot. What sticks in my mind is after finishing the first mag coworker asked if I wanted to load another mag or try something bigger, I immediately replied with a shit eating grin that I wanted to try them all.
>>
>>30458324
>7
>be from new york, went down south to visit grandparents who live in florida
>stopped in georgia for a bit to visit my moms sister who married a guy who she met while she was a nurse stationed in Hawaii taking care of guys from the army
>uncle wakes me and my dad up at around 6 in the morning
>"Alright brendan, I know your mom doesnt like guns that much so I made sure it happened while she was asleep"
>dad was fine with it and wanted me to shoot it
>gives me his 12 gauge
>pull the trigger and I go flying back
>dad and uncle are laughing and so am I
>uncle tells mom he thought he saw a water moccasin in the swamp near the house
It was great, havent seen him sadly in a few years though, might go down one year by myself and stay with them
>>
>>30458324
>11
>Glock 26
>Out shooting with dad and cop friend at indoor range
>Learned how to handle funs and basics of shooting

After got to shoot his duty fun (Glock 21) with 13 round mags despite being in Commiefornia.
>>
Was about 14 first gun I touched was a .22 I'm pretty sure it was a Lee Enfield conversion, the first "real" gun I fired was an SA80 or "Cadet GP" to give it its official name few months later. Did all this with Army Cadets here in the UK, it's funny that kids have more of an opportunity to handle firearms than most adults.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.