[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/, what simple changes have you made to your guns that made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_20160630_171622.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160630_171622.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
/k/, what simple changes have you made to your guns that made a huge difference?

I finally properly fitted the safety tab on my G34's trigger. From the factory is stuck out about 1mm and jabbed my finger, making is very uncomfortable to shoot for long periods of time. A couple minutes with a file and it now sits flush when depressed, while maintaining full function of course. I have no idea why it's not like this from the factory. There's nothing worse than a thin piece of plastic pressing up against the middle of your finger, popping out of an otherwise nicely-contoured and comfortable trigger face.
>>
Looks nice senpai, might try the same thing on my 19. Or just replace it.
>>
>>30457037
Apex trigger kits in my M&Ps, fixes the main issue with them and for me makes them the best striker fired handguns.
>>
>>30457185
Man I hated the ridged trigger on my 19s. I'd definitely recommend getting the flat-faced trigger they put on the full-sized guns and filing the safety flush.

If you've ever fired an FNS it feels very similar. It's a wide, flat, smooth trigger with no shit bugging your finger.

>>30457188
Neat. I regret getting rid of my M&P instead of putting an Apex in it. I'd like to get another one day and see how it feels with a good trigger.
>>
>>30457037
be sure to take just a sliver off the back, where it would hit the frame as well. IMO, you took off a bit too much, you should have just a hair peeking out, but rounded off.
>>
Stainless or tungsten recoil spring and guide rod in muh Glocks. Might be a placebo but I swear it tightens my groups. Like the slight weight increase too. I usually switch out the slide release lever as well.
>>
>>30457232
>be sure to take just a sliver off the back, where it would hit the frame as well

Nice try anon

> IMO, you took off a bit too much, you should have just a hair peeking out, but rounded off.

I prefer the feel of a totally smooth trigger face. What's the difference between this way and leaving a rounded off portion protruding?

>>30457348
All of the advertised effects apart from more weight at the muzzle is snake oil. It doesn't make the pistols any more reliable or accurate. But hey if you're more accurate with one, carry on. That lower recoil doesn't hurt either.
>>
File: P89.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
P89.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I have this
>>
File: 318786.jpg (48 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
318786.jpg
48 KB, 880x660
>>30457417
I want this
>>
File: 746953.jpg (70 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
746953.jpg
70 KB, 880x660
>>30457431
And this on it
>>
>>30457037
Pinned the grip safety down in my 1911.

Safeties are over rated anyways
>>
>>30457188

>buying a firearm that requires immediate changes out of the box

I made that one mistake when buying a 10/22. Never again.
>>
>>30457395
its not a 'nice try, anon' sort of thing. The thing was made where it would be actuated at the fulcrum of its designed length. You took some off the front, so now, if you jerk that fucker with less stuff there, its more likely to catch.

As to why you should left just a hair out, because then you coulda not had to mess with the rear of it, and would have positive actuation no matter where your finger happens to fall on the trigger, ie wayy up top in a panic grab.

>>30457188
>spending +$100 just to get a gun to function right, unless you got sausage fingers
fuck M&P's shitty glock pretender.
>>
>>30457441
this on my K100

it's not night and day but it looks nicer and helps in low-light
>>
>>30457517
I dry fired it for about an hour after modifying it and the safety clears the frame just fine. If I run into any trouble I'll consider it, but as for now it works as designed.
>>
Glock 34
SN wzg282

Reported stolen to local pd
>>
>>30457750
Okay.
>>
>Phoenix Arms HP22a

>bent the stupid interrupter bar that keeps you from moving the safety unless the magazine is in

>chopped off the piece of the safety that keeps you from being able to remove the magazine when the safety is set to fire.

Fucking California designed $100 piece of shit.
>>
>>30458078
This seems standard for most people who own these things. I've heard they're fun little pistols once you unfuck them, though. They even bothered exporting the "target" models to Canada and people bought them up.
>>
>>30458208

They are. Used to own one. Kinda sad I sold it.
>>
>>30457232
>be sure to take just a sliver off the back, where it would hit the frame as well. IMO, you took off a bit too much, you should have just a hair peeking out, but rounded off.
This is correct. I did the same thing to my Glock trigger and I find that it occasionally catches on the frame if my finger is not fully centered on the trigger face, which didn't happen before.

>>30457395
It's not troll advice. As long as the trigger can't be moved back when there is no finger on it, then the safety is still functioning perfectly.

>>30457677
Pay attention when drawing and firing. Your finger is not always going to get a perfect placement on the trigger like it would sitting on your couch where you have total control of the situation.
>>
>>30457037
Mirror polished the slide flats on my stainless SA mil-spec

The same long flat trigger on all my 1911s

tiny rubber o-ring around the front pivot post makes a wobbly ar-15 rock solid.
>>
>>30457037
>what simple changes have you made to your guns that made a huge difference?

Glock 20: add steel night sights, add extended slide release, add extended takedown lever

HK USP: convert the trigger to Match/Light LEM

Hi-Power: remove magazine disconnect

Colt 1991: throw out the extra long aluminum trigger and add medium reach trigger
>>
>>30459466
I know it's not troll advice, and I'm thankful. Still, there's no problem. I just tested the worst case scenario by pulling the trigger with my finger dragging against the top of the trigger guard, as high as can go. It still disengages the trigger safety and fires.
>>
>>30459841
nice try anon
>>
File: ss (2016-06-14 at 04.09.02).jpg (175 KB, 1911x955) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-06-14 at 04.09.02).jpg
175 KB, 1911x955
Mechanically? Not much just some homebrew stipling on my glawk

Aesthetically, I polished off the bluing on the top of my barrel on my Sig P320 where it was visibly wearing from the slide+10,000 rounds.
>>
File: 1439722065170.jpg (17 KB, 424x393) Image search: [Google]
1439722065170.jpg
17 KB, 424x393
>>30457188
>bought a hard sear alone thinking it wasn't an included part in the full kit
>mfw might not be able to return it
>>
>>30457456
Grip safeties are for open bolt automatics anyway.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.