[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear milfags, What the hell do you stuff into those big ass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 188986_1.jpg (21 KB, 285x214) Image search: [Google]
188986_1.jpg
21 KB, 285x214
Dear milfags,

What the hell do you stuff into those big ass backpacks?

Sincerely,
OP
>>
File: Jack.jpg (26 KB, 630x390) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
26 KB, 630x390
Armyfag in the British Army, I've had to carry more rocks in my burgen then I have any sort of supplies, equipment or gear.
>>
>>30456632
ur mom lol
>>
Link, spare rockets, claymores, more link, tools, batteries, claymores, rations, anything else you don't need immediately but might later.
>>
File: IMG_20160630_170420.jpg (424 KB, 1257x1718) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160630_170420.jpg
424 KB, 1257x1718
Food and ammo are nice too.
>>
Helium.

Its all for show.
>>
Dear, OP

You start off with identifying which bag you will use for said stuffing

MOLLE Ruck
Medium Ruck
Assault Bag

Now that you have decided 1 of the 3, you may begin...by checking the packing list.

Infantry here

First and foremost I get at least 1 pair of socks minimum per day I'll be operatin' with this bag. Then I get 3 shirts, maaaaybe 4. I wear shirts for fucking weeks at times. I get one extra uniform, usually in the form of a combat top / bottom. Then I get my wet weather top and bottom. Then I get my poncho and my woobie. If it is called for, I will get my damn bivvie cover and summer bag - I've never HAD to use my winter bag but it is nice as fuark to have. Next I get my hygiene kit, and rarely I will pack a second pair of boots. All depends on the mission and bag.

So, I've got all my shit.

Fold / Roll the uniform shit up nice and neatly and put it in the wet weather bag. If I'm using the MOLLE bag I use the divider and put the wet weather bag in the bottom half along with the sleeping bag. Then I put the socks in one sustainment pouch and shirts in the other on the outside. These things are pretty waterproof but just incase I go ahead and wrap the wet weather top around the socks and wet weather bottom around the shirts. Now that shit's good I start packing the big half of the ruck. If I have anything to put in there it's basically all the light shit under the heavy, boots being on top. Extra batteries, extra eyepro, extra magazines, radio parts (I'm the RTO), canteens, etc. Then I put my poncho in the little cargo net on the flap and the woobie goes under that so it stays dry and doesn't get shit all over it.

Hard to think of off the top of my head. I've lived out of my MOLLE ruck for weeks at a time.
>>
>>30456756
>3 day field op
>packing list is 2 full pages

Niggas were crazy with packing lists, I threw everything out of my bag immediately after our layouts because fuck carrying 25 extra pounds of bullshit I know I won't need
>>
File: optional.png (8 KB, 364x29) Image search: [Google]
optional.png
8 KB, 364x29
>>30456690
>>
>>30456811
Some guys need to learn the hard way.
>>
>>30456811
>not realizing underwear is an optional part of the uniform

Bro, I haven't been wearing underwear since week 10 of OSUT.

>>30456793
Shoulda seen my bag for NTC last rotation. I went into it to get socks, shirts, my sleep system, and hygiene kit. Yet I had the fucking thing overstuffed. Goddamn packing lists.
>>
>>30456811
Powder and baby oil can only do so much.

https://youtu.be/x3PEMRmD7uo
>>
>>30456854
2 strips of athletic tape does so much to prevent swass i should patent it and sell it as CBRN gear
>>
Mostly semen.
>>
>>30456690
> Conservative civilian attire (for emergency leave)

What the hell is emergency leave?
>>
>>30456632
Ex Army VM here

beer for when we're chilling in the rear
>>
>>30457011
When folks back home get seriously hurt or die
>>
>>30457011
immediate family or blood relative passes away or gets sent to the hospital and is on the verge of death and requests the presence of the service member
>>
>>30456690
>jrtc
>socks: qty 1

hah.
>>
>>30457082
thats in the "worn" column Lt
>>
>>30456854
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>30456632
Only packed our Rucks if we were moving out to a COP. That was packed mostly with what >>30456756 said.

Assault Pack was Mission Essential and redundant equipment/supplies. Extra ammo, rat-fucked MREs, batteries of all sort, that little fucking thing to reload fills on radio, woobie of course.

And whatever other shit you're told to pack in.
> I've lived out of my MOLLE ruck for weeks at a time.

After I ETSd, I think I still lived out of ruck for like a year.
>>
>>30456811
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=469KLGY6WCQ
>>
>>30457103
and the pack column only has 3 so it's still "hah" worthy
>>
>>30456756
This bro sounds like Marine Corps. That is almost exactly what I packed with some logs of dip and a carton of cigs. Just the sleeping system takes about 1/2 of the main pack.
>>
File: img003.jpg (17 KB, 497x370) Image search: [Google]
img003.jpg
17 KB, 497x370
>>30457141
so you were homeless..
>>
>>30456632
I get a packing list.
Ruck will generally always be 1 extra ACU.
1 extra water source (water weights a fucking ton, even in assault bags) I probably have two of those.
Helmet (probably going on head or assault bag)
Socks,4 but I'd pack double.
Extra shirt.
knee/elbow pads, I would definitely take knee pads, if you don't take the eblows sand gets fucking EVERYWHHERE. My knees are already bruised or scraped up why didn't I pack the fucking elbow pads god damnit never again those are going in too.
Wet weather bag, ACU is plastic bag but like one of my drill sergeants said those are less important they go lower, pack how you want I organize like a motherfucker, lots of bags even in bags, socks/shirts/gator stuff like that in wet weather bag.
wet weather gear layers, e tool, tent.
About 3 or 4 other things that will never fucking fit and last minute they tell us to put it somewhere else.
>>
>>30456632
YPG volunteer anon here, some might remember. Funny to read what professional soldiers carry around, you might be interested what i had with me at the frontlines between Tel Hamis and Tel Abyad:

Worn:
YPG standard MARPAT pants and jacket
Cheap Syrian socks
No underwear but Telnyashka vest
Chinese Adidas sneakers, YPG standard
PKK coloured Kefiyeh scarf around head
Izmash AK-47/mag
Cheap chinese chest rig
6 magazines
2 grenades
Cheap chinese multitool i bought in Iraq
Smartphone
Small notebook and pencil
Arden Ultralight cigarettes
Lighter
Turkish made Aspirin
1 honor bullet
2 tracers

That's it. Besides that, i had a alice pack with me that i bought in Iraq. It was in one of my unit's Toyota Hillux most of the time. Got burned, that one time we had to retreat in a village around Ayn Issa. In it:

My laptop (stupid idea)
Trenching tool (stupid idea)
Different trophies, the most interesting being 2 ISIS flags and full Kuwaiti ACU
2 novels
2 pair of extra socks
1 T-Shirt
1 extra pair of YPG ACU
Canteen
2 grenades
Toothbrush
Baby whipes
Different medicaments
Hygiene gel
Some Syrian pounds and Iraqi Dinar
Some sewig stuff

That's it. That's all i had with me, the whole 3 months at the frontlines, throughout the whole Al-Hasaka offensives.
The Kurds actually had nothing. You know, like really nothing. They were always annoyed by my backpack, was the only thing taking space in our cars besides weaponry and ammunition. And we all went along quite good.
>>
I often carried an iRobot brand 310 robot in rucksack all up and down mountains to check out caches.

Also we had giant Eberlestock packs filled to the brim (30-50 blocks) specifically to destroy downed friendly helicopters, dud munitions, and other sensitive things.
>>
>>30456854
HAH
>>
>>30457199
This shit is like, POG field exercise to the max.
Not hating, just saying if you're thinking this is the standard packing you're wrong.
>>
>>30457276
How are you man, I remember when you first posted your story here, you are from munich right? Fellow germanfag here
>>
>>30457303
No, I'm a POG.
I get it. At this point I just pray I get ammo at the right time. I don't even worry about the ruck fuck if I'm carrying that around if you want anything done.
>>
>>30456811
My dad spent 20 years in batt and 9 combat deployments later, he hasn't worn underwear once. A lot of rangers don't, and I don't know why
>>
>>30456632
Google "the modern warriors combat load"
119 page report from Afghanistan by the US Army Center for Lessons Learned (CALL). They followed Task Force Devil (XVIII Airborne Corps) and studied actual (as opposed to TOE) soldier kit loads during Operation Resolute Strike and Operation Resolute Guardian.
>>
>>30457349
Sorry, Resolute Strike and Vigilant Guardian.
>>
>>30457276
dirty sandnigger
>>
>>30457276
>1 honor bullet
?
>>
>>30456854
>not even a thank you
We all know who the real pecker checker was.
>>30456872
I have a hairy ass and desire to know more.
>>
>>30457195
Interdasting.

I'm Latvian National Guard and our SOP is almost identical.
>>
>>30457276
>YPG volunteer

tell me more..and how, what did take for you to join?

and why did you bother to help? what was the motive? did you just want to fight? i can understand m8
>>
>>30457391
topping yourself so Jihadi John don't dip you in a vat of acid im guessing
>>
>>30456854
>sschrt sschrt
>it was like cutting hog hair

Thus man needs his own radioshow or podcast because that was brilliant.
>>
>>30456632
Half that bulk is his sleep system with all the straps broken and the other half is socks
>>
>>30457170
I did 6 weeks in the jungle of Guyane two pairs of socks, and one pair was laready on my feet.

Btw, If you are doing forced march 60km+ you don't give a damn...
>>
>>30457343
It's all about changing your uniform, at least ranger are less likely to bitch about running water.
Honestly you look presentable, not going to raise my hand here. No one cares. Your out, out of sight out of mind.
I do a dirty job, I look dirty. Got a problem with it?
Follow me around and keep up.
>>
File: 1467219149520.jpg (347 KB, 487x536) Image search: [Google]
1467219149520.jpg
347 KB, 487x536
>>30456670
kek
>>
>>30457536
how'd you manage without getting trench foot, provided you aren't full of shit.
>>
>>30457276

I've been thinking of volunteering, I was going to join the US army, but I think this will be a nobler cause.

Anyways, I have to ask, I'm assuming a good portion of western volunteers don't have military backgrounds, so what training so they get when they join?
Do the Kurds give them a basic training of sorts, or are you just handed a gun and sent on your way?
>>
>>30457622
You obviously over looked where he said honor bullet.

Pen + paper.
Everything else is just fucking heavy.
>>
>>30457622
If you think helping a bunch of sandniggers against other sandniggers is noble i hope you get shot out there.
>>
>>30456811
This should be a banner.
>>
>>30457647
That was my way of saying I just want to kill sandniggers
>>
>>30457606
Not him.

But I was Infantry and it's not hard. You always take small 10 minute breaks here and there. You alternate socks and take boots off occasionally to air feet out.

That sock might be the crustiest, nastiest, stank ass sock in the world, but it's completely doable. Personally I carried more, and probably wouldn't want to share a two man tent with him tho.
>>
>>30457664
Stupid question but where you you put the socks to dry?
>>
>>30457647
well if you think kurds were regular sandniggers, you're a redneck piece of shit who never did a tour to iraq during the last two happenings and doesn't know anyone who has.

kurds are fucking bro-tier secular warrior people, they are far above turkroaches, iranians , arabs and afghanis. there's more than enough desert storm and IF vets who can confirm this.
>>
>>30457744
To be fair that was before a massive war. I'd imagine they are drawing from the dregs at this point
>>
>>30457763
i remember some anon telling about his time in northern iraq, he said the kurds were extremly welcoming and helped the us troops with everything they could. when their convoy got stuck, some farmers helped them repair the tires and invited them for dinner. nothing like that from the arabs. and some other anon said, the kurdish pesh were far more disciplined and intelligent, way better soldiers overall than the iraqi army plebs.
>>
>>30457640
so what's wrong with that? fighting the whole world?
>>
>>30457720
You lay them out at night somewhere to dry. Usually dry by morning. As I said they can get pretty crusty after a few days. Then you put on crusty sock till you sweat a little into it, boom rehydrated sweat sock.

Also always bang your boot out before you stick your foot in in case a creepy crawler got in there
>>
File: patch.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
patch.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>30457664
>I was Infantry and it's not hard
Uh... did you do the Air Force version of Infantry?
>>
>>30457839
Marines.

Educate me on how you couldn't maintain your shit?
>>
>>30457805
Sandals army was decimated, probably more than that, and what were left was the idiots who couldn't even into the already low standard military during Saddams reign. The US shot themselves and the nation of Iraq in the foot by removing the Baath party and demanding retarded tribalists get the funding and power.
>>
>>30457813
Oh you stow the sweaty socks and then when encamped dry them out. had the oddest thought you hung them from your pack or something.
>>
>>30457839
Oh I get it. You're a youth and can't understand context. Or what a reply is.

Keeping your feet dry isn't hard... basic communication skills, come on.
>>
>>30457622

No military experience? You're dead weight. Join the infantry/cavalry/combat engineers, get 3-4 years of training under your belt, plus maybe if you're a good lil' joe you'll get a deployment. If the YPG doesn't need anymore volunteers by the time you get out, tough shit, just wait for history to boil over again. Or maybe go to South Sudan and help out the Arrow Boys.
>>
>>30456656
When we did CFTs (which was about once a month, because our OC was a fucking lunatic) my mate Richie and I used to weight our bergens with big coke bottles full of water. For a while we got away with cheating the system by putting four of them upside down then loosening the lids after weigh in - the water would slowly leak out, and by the time we were two miles out we'd be about 18lbs lighter. It worked fine until the run got held up for a quarter of an hour waiting for an extra PTI, by which time we're both stood there in a fucking great puddle.

We got ROPs for a month, extra duties and a CFT three times a week for the duration.
>>
>>30457958
would they take former korean conscripts?
>>
File: Calvin.jpg (23 KB, 214x283) Image search: [Google]
Calvin.jpg
23 KB, 214x283
>>30457880
I fared well enough. Made E5 in 2 years. CIB and master blasters. But to claim Infantry wasn't hard is simply untruthful.

325th Airborne Infantry Regiment.
>>
>>30457979
>not emptying your canteen onto your pants and saying your friend pissed himself and you joined him so he wouldn't feel bad

Did you even watch billy madison?
>>
>>30456811
>Civilians
>>
>>30458019
Dude. I was replying to a guy asking another guy how he managed to not get trench foot with only 2 socks in the jungle for 60 days.

I was saying I was Infantry, and that is not hard to manage. Not Infantry itself was easy.

And Marines are dumb?

>>30457606
>>30457664

I already also said >>30457925

Army come police call your local retard please.
>>
File: 1467191562482.png (264 KB, 396x421) Image search: [Google]
1467191562482.png
264 KB, 396x421
>>30458019
>airborne
>>
File: servane_ypg-mlkp.jpg (74 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
servane_ypg-mlkp.jpg
74 KB, 960x540
>>30457335
no, other end of germany actually. i'm doing fine, thx.

>>30457378
no

>>30457408
was easy af actually, i just messaged them on facebook and like 6 messages later i booked a flight to northern iraq.
motives were diverse, from wanting to fight, over wanting to fight isis, to supporting the kurds in syria. their political project is quite interesting.

>>30457622
i think they don't take volunteers atm. i didn't have any military experience either, but it's no problem really. you receive training in northern iraq and syria, like 2 weeks at all. in the mountains in iraq, we learned some stuff about kurdish culture/language and basic stuff, also a lot of guerilla things that are useless in syria. in syria, we went to a ypg academy for 8 days. basically just weapon training, kurdish language, pt, communication and structures within ypg, and a lot about their tactics, which are quite interesting. small group attacks, like 3 teams consisitng of 5 soldiers attacking an isis infested position with air support from jets during the day and ac-130s at night.. for example.

After those 8 days in Dêrik/Syria, we've been sent straight to the frontlines. Wasn't a problem tho, never. I've been with a lot of ex-sf guys, some looked down on us former civvies, others encouraged us and said it doesn't take much besides brain and pure mil basics to do the right things in combat. turned out that's true. we've seen lots of action, from shootouts to full grown battles over more than 20 hours, we've been constantly attacked by mortars and rocket artillery, often attacked by vbieds, and sometimes rushed by selfmade apcs, and old russian tanks, but i can't say my missing military expirience ever was a problem.

actually, a lot of those kurds, especially the younger males, do a lot of stupid and crazy shit. you see a lot of very young and nice guys suffer and die in situations that could have been easily avoided. the western civvies often did better just by using their brain.
>>
>>30456811
1 extra layer to catch dirt and dust
1 extra layer that has to be cleaned
1 extra layer that's extremly disgusting to wear if not
1 extra layer that saves heat
1 extra layer that's annyoing af and easily torn into pieces after a few days in the field
1 extra layer that's basically useless as a grunt
>>
>>30458171
You had 8 days to learn about their culture and language?
Must of not had a return trip planned.
>>
File: 2ujgjeq.png (156 KB, 452x302) Image search: [Google]
2ujgjeq.png
156 KB, 452x302
>>30458122
Did I hurt your straight leg feelings?
>>
>>30458198
No, i took 2 1/2 weeks of training, with a lot of lessons about Kurdish language/mil communication, and some stuff about the culture within YPG

And it's not like that stuff would have been crucificial. As you can see, i'm still around. And in a dirty af militia war as a militiaman, constantly at the frontlines without shit like air transport and fobs, you probably see more action in 3 months than many nato soldiers in their whole life. at least that's what some of the ex mil guys said.
>>
>>30458104
I should have read further. My bad.

All the way, brother.
>>
>>30457349
And published it and promptly got shouted down by every MAJ and higher that decided everybody absolutely has to have on their person at all times enough doohickeys and widgets to keep a battalion of toddlers occupied.

82nd Cav Scout here. Had a decent PL but my Trp CO was fucking retarded.
>hey you're going to Afghanistan
>yep, you absolutely must have, at all times (including in the 1 shower you'll get all deployment/in PT's), a signaling mirror, 1qt canteen (full to brim), 50ft of 550 cord, iCom, full IBA with DAPs, side plates, cowboy collar, and nutflap (even though you don't wear it out on patrol since we dropped a half million to outfit the whole battalion with PC's), poncho rolled this very specific way and secured to your pistol belt (nobody had a pistol belt) with blousing bands that must be these specific dimensions (even though you have your goretex). And they're all inspectable items and I'll Art15 every single one of you I catch without them!
We pushed HARD to get him relieved for cause, so he quietly got shuffled into the Battle Captain rotation and the squadron XO took over as troop commander.
>>
>>30458171
Did anybody try to stop/interrogate/whatever you on the way?
I'm guessing not many people assumed you were flying to northern Iraq for shits and giggles.

I wish I had the balls to do it.
>>
File: Airborne Infantry.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Airborne Infantry.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>30458219
Yes, you hurt their feelings so much that my arches gave out and im a step closer to EASing
>>
>>30458233
All good. Btw how'd you get e5 in 2 years? College credit?

I know Army get rank faster but that's pretty crazy.
>>
>>30458257
i've been 23 when i booked that flight, a young man with a one way ticket into a conflict zone. and the only european on board, just arabs and kurdish families else. no questions asked.

when the ypg/pkk guys took us from the safe house in sulaymanya to the mountains, we passed a few peshmerga checkpoints. at one of those, we had to step out of the car and proof we're not about to join isis. our driver was talking to the guy, and we were allowed to pass. no stops besides that one.
>>
File: 1467319167508.png (80 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1467319167508.png
80 KB, 400x388
>>30458237
>tfw ninja punched for missing that fucking poncho
>>
>>30458019
Master wings in 2 years? Or just E5? Not possible to get masters in 2
>>
File: M60GPMG.jpg (158 KB, 1200x281) Image search: [Google]
M60GPMG.jpg
158 KB, 1200x281
>>30458280
One of my troops asked me what it would be like to not have jump wings. I told him to go suck a big fat cock.
>>
>>30458296
2.5 years actually. You get extra points if you're on jump status. I entered as an E1. Ranger school (V MOS identifier) as an E4 helped too.
>>
>>30458230
2 1/2 weeks on top of the other stuff, alright.
Action,,, if they didn't see more well I'd think you were bullshitting.
I just thought that was a little too short of a time frame for a run down of that sort for a cultural thing.
Sounds rather spotty contacting someone off face book and booking a flight out without finding out about their specific tribe and history.
>>
>>30458296
Different guy, I made it in 2.2 years.
>go in as E3 (eagle scout+good-boy points from helping recruiter)
>pick up E4 @ 18mo with waiver
>go before the board @ 24mo
>2 months on list as E4P before make points because points were yoyo'ing all over
>>
>>30458319
I went to jump master school at Bragg. 2 years, 10 months. If I hadn't, I wouldn't claim it. No reason to do so.
>>
>>30458403
I was gonna say I thought it was 36 months on jump status. I didn't pass JM school when I went, shit was way harder than I thought it would be. Got out with senior and mustard stain, but would of loved to have master wings
>>
>>30458444
>end up in 82nd
>get stuck in aviation brigade
>they lose jump status brigade-wide like 2 weeks later because someone realized you can't throw helo's out of C130's and expect them to work
>5 jump chump despite being in Division 10 years
I-I'm proud of my jumps dammit
>>
>>30458391
I've read a lot of stuff about YPG, that's what matters more than the Kurdish culture. There's a lot of Yazidis, Arabs, Assyrians and Turks in the YPG, it's not like they essemble Kurdish society. Actually, YPG and PKK fight certain Kurdish "traditions", like the tribal system, blood revenge and islam.
I already knew a lot about Kurdish history, but it doesn't really matter at all.

As i got told, the difference between deploying as a nato soldier and being in a militia war is very big. ypg units are constantly directly at the frontlines, with 200 to 600 from ISIS. They're not taking part in the interior defence or police works, that's what Asayish and the conscript army are for. There's fighting all the time, either you're being attacked, you're attacking, or you're just exchanging fire with the isis position in the village next to yours. When that village is taken, you move on the next position, and the fighting continues. When there's bigger towns, in my case Sülük and Tel Abyad, they get surrounded, sieged and finally attacked. You're constantly under mortar or rocket artillery fire as ISIS is never far away. Due to YPG structure and way of fighting, there's never really backup. The only thing coming as backup is coalition air support. That one time we were overrun, we've been pushed to the edge of a village and had to wait for the jets to destroy the ISIS tank and APCs. After that, we made our way into the village again and pushed them out.
In a professional army, you always have a lot of backup and support, and a huge logistic system behind you. You have medevac, air transport, shit like that. That's all not available for YPG. And after 20 hours of fighting, you can't chill in your base playing X-box, you and your comrades have to sleep alternatly directly in your trench, always in the fear of ISIS starting another attack. It's fucking exhausting.
>>
File: 1467186285444.jpg (180 KB, 780x577) Image search: [Google]
1467186285444.jpg
180 KB, 780x577
>>30458488
>you cant throw helo's out of C130's and expect them to work

you can damn well try.
>>
>>30458444
>mustard stain
Out fucking standing. Wear it with pride.
>>
>>30458494
200 to 600 meters i mean.

Pic related is taken from one of our forward defence positions in Tel Msas, a really small Assyrian village just outside Tel Tamer. Was at the beginning of the Al-Hasaka offensive. Across the field, you can see the ISIS positions in another Assyrian village, like 15 minutes after a coalition jet dropped something for them.
We've been in that village for 8 days, with constant fire exchange and several attempts to attack, from both sides. You'll never experience something similiar as a NATO soldier, that's some WW1 trench war tier shit.
>>
>>30458510
And try we did.

Turns out AVPU's are expensive and pretty much explode during low-speed impacts.
>>
>>30458530
Damn you got fucked out of that sweet jump pay. If we were ever in danger of being pay hurt the local SF group would let us jump with them
>>
>>30458546
Yeah I know. Pretty much as soon as we lost jump status the pay more than tripled too. When I enlisted it was an extra $100 a month and like a month after getting to bragg it went to $325.
>fuck you BRAC
>>
>>30458494
Three things stick out to me.

Two are their system and what you knew of it thinking others don't need to know.

The other is villages. The size of a small vs. large village. Door to door fighting in a large complex is going to drag out casualties in large buildings I know this for a fact regardless of the size of a army.
Maybe it should be common sense but a big village there doesn't reach past 3rd floor? A large village where I'm from dwarfs those places in space.
>>
>>30456690
>underwear (optional)
L-lewd
>>
>>30458561
What I only got 150. Or is your total including aircrew shit
>>
File: 1395874528106.jpg (48 KB, 450x428) Image search: [Google]
1395874528106.jpg
48 KB, 450x428
>>30456854

I'm Greek and oh my fucking sides
>>
>>30458570

Actually i can't remember any houses in villages that even had a 2nd floor. They all have a flat roof tho, except the Assyrian ones, they look more like houses in southern europe. there's always outside stairs to the roof, the main fighting happens from roof to roof. It's YPG doctrine to never storm a room, they always throw a shitload of grenades through doors and windows before anyone goes in, to avoid casualties. Except those roofs, the only thing a bit higher are water towers and mosques/churches. In the towns, it's taller constructions ofc, but we never had real door to door fighting there, just very small resistance. During the bombardements and sieges, most fighters capitulated. Sülük was empty when we moved in, full of IEDs, but empty. There was some fighting in Tel Abyad, and our technicals and bmps took care of that, mainly.

Well people should just read up on their ideology, idk. I knew a lot about it before as there's a lot of Kurdish activists where i live, but there were some rednecks that got there and were shocked that they'd have to fight with girls, might have female NCOs, and that there's quite a few PKK people around. Some didn't even know that the YPG was a militia and not a professional army, they mistook them for the Peshmerga. Fucking idiots all went home on their own or were thrown out, some joined the Pesh afterwards. One of them turned out to be a convicted rapist btw, was sentenced to 7 years in the UK and fled to Syria. Barry Hall, probably the most disgusting asshole i met over there, hated by everyone.
And, there was a real Danish nazi skinhead who came to Iraq and wanted to join, Stephan. Proudly showed the Kurds in the safe house his Waffen SS tattoo, thinking they'd be cool with it since they're "basically arabs".
>>
>>30457744
Secular is not good by default. How communist are they? That throws up a lot of red flags.
>>
>>30457993
저기요! I'm engaged to a Korean girl now and want to move to Korea. I already did 4 years in the USMC and I wanna get Korean citizenship. After doing so, I've heard foreigners who take Korean citizenship don't need to do conscription, but actually I want to, so have you ever heard of a case of a naturalized 외국인 in the ROK military?
>>
>>30458681
They're not communist, just read up on democratic federalism. That's what they call their ideology.
They've been communists during the cold war, but there's been a lot of changes afterwards. Today, they hate being called communist.
>>
>this thread

i can smell the motivation
>>
>>30458570
>>30458681
>>30458686
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Confederalism

It's called Democratic Confederalism actually
>>
>>30456854
>band of brothers
>>
>>30457647
Hello, /pol/

Still trying to convince people that you actually know shit?

Wait... Of course you are.
>>
>>30458606
I don't honestly know since I never got it myself. Just what I'd heard.

And I was groundcrew anyway, didn't get flight pay.
>>
>>30456854
Nice viral marketing Pat
>>
Ammo, woobie, oatmeal cookies.
>>
>>30458730
...for trauma shears? Brazilian waxes? Petroleum jelly?

What was he supposed to be selling?
>>
>>30458730
>see video, thought it was funny
>started watching the rest of RU's vids

Fucking hell, it worked, didnt it?
>>
>>30458669
Certainly a cast of charecters... so we're they cool with Stephans's tatooo?
>>
>>30456632
>my burgen
bergen, lad
>>
>>30456670
Haha this so much lol
>>
>>30458751
Range 15
Ranger Up
>>30458754
they're pretty good shit actually
>>
>>30458764
No. they got angry and told him to fuck off, but quite kindly tho.

Besides those 2 guys, i only met good men by the way. Some crazy ones, but really nice and competent guys.
>>
>>30458779
>range 15
i was already on to that after watching Mat Best's shit
>>
A bunch of tshirts to look like your ruck is stuffed and heavy when it's really just 10lbs for the bullshit bimonthly12 mile ruck that goes on for no reason
>>
>>30458809
They didn't gear check you pogs?
>>
>>30458682
No idea, I really would not recommend starting a family in Korea, not much space and the culture is getting to Japan levels of weird and depressing.

was just asking because I got rejected from the US military and have the option to turn myself in to the MPA and get experience to fight somewhere sandy.
>>
>>30458702
>anarchist feminism
I don't doubt your personal experiences, but I have a hard time reconciling that with some of what I'm reading about the philosophy. It sounds terrible. Then again, it doesn't sound like something that I would object to in a friend, even if I thought the friend stupid because of it.
>>
>>30458820
No because we get treated like responsible adults and not children
>>
>>30457958
None of those are deploying, and if you happen to, you defiantly won't be killing anyone.
>>
>>30456632
When I was in the Infantry in the 82nd, we called them land anchors or "our house."

I swear on my life I had a 120lb ruck when I jumped into the Middle East. Mostly ammo, mortar rounds and sensitive items.
>>
Out of everything, I would be most concerned about the trip back from volunteering with the YPG.

Not that I think they would fuck you, but it is a warzone.
>>
>>30458833
Maybe you shouldn't be, since you were a cheat.

And we only did it occasionally, often random. Maybe 5-10% of time. The point is it could happen. Youd look like a bitch with no integrity, probably go clean the shitters.
>>
>>30458824
When you read words like that, you think of some pink haired SJW fags.
But they're not like that, and the word "anarchist feminism" doesn't really describe what i've seen over there. They're just regular people, the only feminist thing i've seen is that the platoons are mixed, mostly 60% male and 40% female, and that there's female commanders from time to time.
What seemed quite anarchist to me, is that there's a platoon meeting every few days, where everyone can speak about the current situation and stuff that concerns him. That was actually interesting. Overall, they all were just very welcoming, nice and humorous people. I had a really good time with them.
>>
File: 1455884489004.jpg (40 KB, 513x478) Image search: [Google]
1455884489004.jpg
40 KB, 513x478
>>30456690
Isn't that the Avengers logo in the watermark?
>>
>>30458874
I doubt it since no one really gave a shit if your packing list was legit after you got finished with aaslt, the commander just puts it on the training calendar to try to one up the other company commanders to impress the bc with pointless shit since he used to be in the 82nd and that's how they all are
>>
>>30458824
it's less like "die cis scum" and more like "plz dont behead and mutilate me for muhhamad"
>>
>>30458900
It's probably a company called Avenger company and they just used the movie logo for their own stuff, it's pretty common in the Army for stuff like that to happen
>>
>>30458900
hua
>>
>>30458891
Oh, don't get me wrong, I was trying to look at it context. I was thinking that they may call it a pillar of their philosophy to try to differentiate themselves from the extremists they are dealing with. I don't think all feminism is bad.
So they still have a military style system, with positions, accountability, and all that, they just grabbed onto the term anarchism for whatever weird reason? Seems more like an attempt at (possibly limited) egalitarianism or something like that to me.
>>
>>30459021
kind of sounds like legit "freedom fighters" instead of the FSA and ISIS in that country

i like that the SAA and YPG/SDF have this sort of truce going on between them
gonna be sad when the rebels and jihadis are wiped out and Assad considers steam rolling the kurds
>>
I just want to go active duty or deploy and get attached to an infantry unit but I'm stuck finishing my degree.
Is it worth it bros? I want to fuck shit up and have people call me doc
>>
>>30458669
>they always throw a shitload of grenades through doors and windows before anyone goes in, to avoid casualties.
jesus fucking christ what did i just read.
surely they don't fight from mosques? or near it.

YPG being different from Pershmerga is honestly news to me. I'm not as informed about the area as I should be and have to ask a lot where I can which I'd do anyway since it's not like I get told what's going on when it's going on so far.
>>
I'm comms so batteries, batteries, and more fucking batteries. Oh yeah and a 10 pound radio that barely fucking works.
>>
>>30456700
This. You dipshit civs think we're struggling when really it's to take some of the load off. I also have a deployment story:

>Smallest guy in unit flew away once

Haha. Dumb civvis.
>>
>>30458362
>thinking jump wings makes you special
When the next world war happens, I hope you or your aircraft enjoy getting shot down by the following:

Gun systems

ZSU-37
ZU-23-2
ZSU-57-2
S-60
ZSU-23-4 Shilka
61-K
52-K
ZPU
KS-19

Missile systems

Kashtan CIWS
M-11 Shtorm
S-25 Berkut
S-75
S-125
S-200
S-300
S-350E
S-400
S-500
Pantsir-S1
2K11 Krug
9K22 Tunguska
9K31 Strela-1
9K32 Strela-2
9K33 Osa
9K330 Tor
9K34 Strela-3
9K35 Strela-10
9K37 Buk
9K38 Igla

Combined systems

Kashtan CIWS
9K22 Tunguska
Pantsir-S1

Airborne fags are literally cancer.
Are you in the 82nd? Or the 173rd?
>>
>>30458362
>volunteering to destroy your joints when you will never jump into combat.

are you retarded or something?
>>
>>30459336
You're not going anywhere, stud. Sorry to say.

-325th
>>
>>30459889
Wow, dude. I have never met a bigger butt hurt leg than you.
>>
>>30459889
There's more units on jump status than those two you dirty leg
>>
>>30456632
souls
>>
>>30456632
Beans, bullets, bandaids, and a blanky.
>>
>>30458697
>Terminal Boots

Mah nigga
>>
>>30456632

lolis
>>
>>30457198
Rucks are good way to hold onto your shit if you're homeless or live in a commune or w/e.

>waiting for bus downtown
>hippie couple with shitty clothes waiting around the bus stops
>both have jump-rucks fully loaded with air-mattresses, chairs, and extra pouches attached
>>
>>30457391
Suicide instead of capture.
>>
>>30458171
What's Sniper coverage like? I imagine at such close ranges with constant conflict anyone with a halfway decent scope has plenty of chances to hone their skill
>>
>>30456632
a smaller, more slimmer tactical backpack
>>
>>30456690
>2 ponchos
>25 zip ties
>10 zip lock bags

Wtf anon. Were you in Bondage Platoon?
>>
>>30462627
It rains a lot in Louisiana
>>
>>30456670
>>
>>30456632
>>30456656
>>30456678
>>30456690
>>30456756
>>30456793

former mech unit here. all our gear was left on the 1126 or 1064 while we kicked doors. must suck to be light inf
>>
File: 1456087761745.jpg (176 KB, 600x798) Image search: [Google]
1456087761745.jpg
176 KB, 600x798
>>30456690
>Ruck
>1 ACU
>3 T-Shirts
>3 Socks

Dirty ass motherfuckers. I must have packed at least 8 socks in my ruck, and 8 more in my A bag. Socks are love, socks are life.
>>
File: 1462552115104.png (36 KB, 690x539) Image search: [Google]
1462552115104.png
36 KB, 690x539
>>30457276
>Different trophies, the most interesting being 2 ISIS flags
>mfw I'll never have captured ISIS flags
>>
>>30463286
Never served in combat zone before. Also not a Americunt. Do those socks considered dispensable. Or do you pack them back and wash them after returning the base?
>>
File: 1467134365113.jpg (28 KB, 586x580) Image search: [Google]
1467134365113.jpg
28 KB, 586x580
>>30456690
>underwear (optional)
>>
>>30463480
Goddamn you fucking idiots, UNDERWEAR IS OPTIONAL IN AR 670-1, I HAVENT WORN UNDERWEAR WITH ANY UNIFORM SINCE FUCKING WEEK 10 OF OSUT

>>30463465
You pack them in a laundry bag or somewhere they can't stank up the whole bag / other clothes. I bring my CBRN bag it's just a big plastic bag that seals. If the socks are all fucked up and torn up I get rid of them. Also if you get your socks all crunchy / sweaty and then gold bond them you basically destroy the sock, the crunch and gold bond will last for like 10 fucking washes.
>>
>>30463465
change socks constantly, whenever i had a care package come in it was socks. if i got a tiny hole in my sock i chucked it, cuz chances are it would rip open while we're rucking and then i have fucking blisters and fuck that.

if it rained all day, i was changing my socks a couple times, wet socks are hell when youre walking in the mountains, and even if youre just chilling at a FOB or something, sweat will soak your socks easily. its always good to have backup pairs, and socks have multiple uses if you need them. not to mention when they get all dirty and sweaty theyre just nasty as hell and sometimes cleaning them is a lost cause
>>
>>30458682
Boy you are gonna get some funny looks from the US guys stationed there. Do it and post about it
>>
>>30458523
if you guys have no logistical support, how do you know where the ISIS guys even are? like in that picture as an example, how do you know there isnt an small isis force somewhere on the left, circling behind you? you dont have any aerial reconnaissance,,,seems rather confusing battlefield. like just touch and go when you run into each other
>>
>>30463503
but HOW. do you not get chafed raw fucking thighs marching around with sweaty balls and no underwear???????
>>
>>30463503
>crunchy socks

Truly a bad feel.

Worse when you have to wear them again.
>>
>>30457032
That sucks.

What if it was your best friend or some shit?
Tough shit just give him a call?
>>
>>30457349
Thanks, checking it out
>>
>>30459889
> KS-19
yep
>>
>>30463594
I rarely chafe, only really do when it pours rain and we have to make a movement. That's when the chafing starts, but I'm more worried about my feet at that time. Pack some Vaseline in the hygiene bag just in case.
>>
>>30457720
Not him, just a camping fag, but get an oversized clothes pin. Pin them outside the pack somewhere, like on a MOLLE loop or the hole of a zipper. That would get really sandy in the desert though
>>
>>30463731
We don't do that, we put them in our pants between our belt and the pants or actually in the pants against our bellies. Once they dry out we put them back in the pack.
>>
>>30456632
Guns, ammo, shitty mre's, water, sobby letters from home, rocks and the odd fat chick if they'll fit
>>
>>30463763
... no.

Hell fucking no.

Branch? Experience?
>>
File: image_8.jpg (193 KB, 800x576) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
193 KB, 800x576
>>30462839
>>30456632
There's nothing light about light infantry
>>
I have to carry everything I need to defuse explosives, even though I'm probably never going to lay hands on a bomb until it's disarmed, my whole life.
>>
File: 1458866849202.jpg (54 KB, 505x604) Image search: [Google]
1458866849202.jpg
54 KB, 505x604
>>30457276
>>30458171
>>30458230
I hope you make it out of the war alive kind /k/raut the world is better off with you in it
>>
File: 1466851796451.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1466851796451.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>30463503
>balls don't hang enough to warrant underwear
Guess they made that Tranny exception for you
>>
File: 1466406299634.jpg (138 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
1466406299634.jpg
138 KB, 853x1280
>>30463719
Always back Vaseline
>gotta lube up that ass
>>
>>30463561
Well there's always guardposts that have some overview. Also there's been YPG positions in the villages left and right of us, same for ISIS. So it wouldn't have been that easy to circle us during the day. Also, there's always at least 1 NVG or thermal sights per platoon for the night. But yes, it was still scary af. But normally tho, there's a bit more overview as most regions are only desert and sand, the region around Tel Tamer is a bit more green.

Also, i've never been sure about the amount of air support YPG receives. I think they might get pictures from surveillance planes, or whatever they're called in English.
One time, more south to that village near the Abdulazziz mountains, a guy from my unit shot himself in the foot. He didn't want to admit it and shouted "sniper, sniper". Our commander got on his little radio, and like 5 minutes later you could hear there's one or more jets or planes above us. Then one of the Kurds actually realized that the guy's foot was shot directly from above.
>>
>>30458682
>Moving TO Korea

Koreans are pretty cool, but the country itself sucks.

t. Half-breed
>>
>>30457276

Are you an actual German are you one of the few fucking brownies who had the common decency to get the fuck out?
>>
>>30457979
Being this hattish
>>
>>30463876
This is a blue board, Stosh.
>>
>>30463904
It fucking stinks. I spent 16 months over there.
>>
>>30458682
I hope you enjoy absolutely zero legal porn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_South_Korea
>South Korea is the only OECD country to completely ban pornography.
>>
>>30464066
>no porn
No wonder they kill themselves so often
>>
Finn here.

I carried spare clothes, spare boots, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, food for a week, five liters of water, Trangia and fuel for it, vacuum flask, axe, shovel, rope, ammo, gun cleaning equipment, mines, detonation equipment, radio, antenna, NV monocular, NBC gear and lots of other important things I can't remember anymore. The weight was usually 30-40 kg.
>>
>>30456632
Mostly ammo and mortar rounds. Chow too. I believe I had a ton of ammo, mortar rounds, MREs, spare uniform, socks up the ying yang, and sensitive items like PVS and radio hopping tools.
>>
>>30464214
Roger. I forgot about the NBC stuff.
>>
>>30456690
You expect women to carry that? Clearly a human rights violation. If the military don't want to be sued in court, the military should make laws that must make living for women in the military better and not carrying stuff like a cow.
>>
>>30464066
Yeah, it's fucking bullshit. I have to use a VPN for anything adult-related. Good thing I go back to good old Nevada in a month. Fuck this place. I'm glad I left Korea 2 years after I was born here.
>>
>>30464239
>don't want
Doesn't want

If you are an American, please speak like one.
>>
File: 1462967228840.jpg (198 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1462967228840.jpg
198 KB, 1366x768
>>30461816
They're comfy and alot more fun than Ranger Up's stuff.
i like mat best's stuff as well, even if he's hiding behind bikinis and bottles of Jameson.

Tim Kennedy scares the shit out of me just from this look he has in his eyes.
>>
File: ws_us_army_soldier_1280x1024.jpg (383 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
ws_us_army_soldier_1280x1024.jpg
383 KB, 1280x1024
>>
>>30464475
173rd joe. Bet you didn't know that. He jumped in and got a mustard stain.
>>
>>30457536
I did 75km with 50kg of gear.
I swapped socks halfway through the march,

also pierced the blisters, taped the feet and dumped tons of baby powder in the boots and
socks at every stop.

we stopped for 10min after every 50min of marching, pace was good and we finished in 11h 48min (we heard that winners get 2 days extra vacation)
Best march my squad has ever done, but the vacation talk ended up being bullshit.
>>
>>30457011
in an emergency when you lose the war and need to dress as a civvie and leave

see Iraqi forced fleeing IS advances etc
>>
>>30464613
173rd's Iraq jump was a farce. A lot of jumps into Iraq were a farce.
>>
>>30464629
So you marched a pace of 7.5 km an hour for 10 hours with 50kg of gear....
>>
>>30456656
Ever had to "close with and kill the enemy" while wearing your bergen?
>>
>>30464629
Glad to have you. Airborne Infantry here.
>>
>>30456632
We carry clothes and food for a week, plus a smaller backpack for 24 hours on top.

Plus there is always stuff like sleeping bag, tent, stretcher, kitchen, radio, extra ammunition, binoculars etc, etc.
>>
File: MFC_HULC_Photo3_m[1].jpg (123 KB, 420x630) Image search: [Google]
MFC_HULC_Photo3_m[1].jpg
123 KB, 420x630
waiting for exoskeletons to be general issue.

though I am sure the military will screw it up. By loading us down with even more gear.

i almost envy soldiers in the third world.

rifle, chest rig with some ammo, a small pack with a few essentials, and a helmet.

not a 100 pounds of crap for a 3 day dismounted patrol between COPs.
>>
>>30464666
And then I couldnt walk properly for 3 days.
My feet were really fucked up, my ass was also rubbed bloody from the battle harness hanging so low. and so were the insides of my thighs.

I dont know how the pace compares to sf and all those other elite units, but its the best we ever did.

The weather was good, clouded and cool but there was no rain.

the 50kg also includes the galil and battle harness, they made us pack up every piece of issued gear in there including winter gear and winter camo.
>>
>>30464699
how was your water supply?

you need at least a liter of water ever hour for that kind of march.
>>
>>30464699
Yeah, yeah, stop complaining. Plenty of us were Infantry.
>>
>>30464706
I had my standard bottle on the harness, a 2l on the side pouch of the bag and we had plenty of points on the way where we could refill.

we only drank in small sips while moving.

>>30464720
Wasnt complaining, I enjoyed it.
Just thought he replied because he wanted more details or didnt believe me.
>>
>>30464738
>I enjoyed it
Brother, so did I. It is nice to see another ground pounder from across the pond.
>>
>>30464738
Nah mate i do not believe 75km march in 10 hours with 50kg of gear if i regular ultra marathon runner does that distance in 7h+
>>
>>30464699
Worst I've been through was the Kohi-Baba and Hindu-Kush ranges for 6 days and covered about 80km. The altitude fucks you up something terrible once you're above about 3000m, the wind rips the heat out of you and hypothermia is nearly impossible to avoid because everything gets sweaty- then freezes when you stop moving.
About the only upside is you're generally the only idiots up there, because anyone wanting to shoot you has probably found somewhere much nicer to walk
>>
>>30464783
Stop saying "mate" and we will like you
>>
>>30464797
Im so sorry lad
>>
>>30464783
The current record for 100km (men) is 6:13:33.

His time equals an average of around 6 km/h which is pretty much the standard of marching speed.
>>
>>30464792
Ive never even been that high up, cant even imagine it. But it sounds tough as hell.

Glad we have people like you on this fingerpainting board :)
>>
>>30464810
22 SAS hill phase selection requires the candidate to keep up a pace of at least 4km/h. 64km endurance march to be completed in less than 20 hours with 25kg pack, rifle, webbing, other gear giving a total carried weight of around 35kg.

75km in 10 hours with 50kg isn't possible.
>>
>>30464810
Yeah worldrecord look up normal times for a 100k that is 9+
No if they did 10 min breaks all 50min like he state that is 75 kn in about 10h wichvis a pace of 7.5km an hour with 50kg
>>
>>30464685
fucking retarded to the max

how the fuck does that not fuck up your bag

and in what kind of stupid 20th century scenario is bullshit like that even likely to occur, needing to carry so much fucking stuff
>>
>>30464834
Who cares, it's government property and easily replaceable.
>>
>>30464886
i actually wanted to type back, not bag
>>
>>30464896
I know.
>>
>>30456632
My hormones and needles for injecting them
>>
>>30464965
HA!
>>
>>30464826
Consider the terrain, they do it in the mountains, crossing hills climbing up and they have to do serious land navigation.

We marched on even terrain, that didnt go up hill, on the sides of village roads.
Our only nav. was checking cross roads against the map.
>>
>>30456632
A ridiculous amount of bullshit.
>>
>>30464834
A lot of that shit is probably a lot of bulk with not much weight, like a tent, sleeping bag, and clothes. I'm not saying it's not heavy as fuck, because it probably is, but having to cram an assload of light stuff in your pack can make it look a lot worse than it actually is.
>>
>>30464826

serving absolutely zero military purpose whatsoever. other than hazing candidates and ruining young mens knees prematurely.
>>
>>30463887
>Guy shoots himself in the foot
>Calls out Sniper to hide embarrassment

What a resource wasting asshole
>>
>>30464239
>Women can do anything a man can do!
>Open up the Infantry
>Stop making SOF a boys club!
>Wait, you actually expect women to carry all that stuff?
>Lighten the load for females!

Mfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OfwhGQONbg
>>
>>30464214
That's pretty light for all that stuff.
>>
Anyone have a good listing of equipment infantry carries in alice-like pouches on deployment? Med-kits and such.
>>
File: TB1.jpg (112 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
TB1.jpg
112 KB, 1200x630
>>30464389
Yeah, this video is the reason for my irrational fear of Tim Kennedy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESAIv8p8RZY

I mean, he seems like a nice dude; but he could fuck your shit up in an instant

And Terminal Boots is fucking hilarious to me. That, and they have decent production value in their vids
>>
>>30466351
I could supply packing list but it would include a ton of crap you can't get.

Sorry.
>>
USMC here.
When I was in Iraq 07 we had all our gear in a hooch we wouldn't carry more that a 3day pack.
When I deployed to Afghanistan in 09 we had to carry all our shit. Clearing out Marjah house to house. We never stayed in the same place for more than a couple of days. So yeah we did carry packs that looked like that but not every single day of the deployment.
10 pairs of socks
6 shirts
6 undies
2 pairs of Cammie
Poncho
Poncho liner
4 piece sleeping system
10 field stripped MREs
Water proofing bags
Batteries
Cold weather gear if it's winter
Beanie,gloves,poly pros, jacket,
2 extra canteens
Sewing kit
Spare mags
Nvgs
Chemlights
Boonie covers
Pen, notepad
That's pretty much what I carried
From what I can remenber.
>>
>>30466444
Do it, please.
>>
>>30466351
On my flak I only carried about 16 mags and about 6 203 rounds, tourniquet, knife
I carried everything else on my belt included drop pouch for empty mags,butt pouch with rifle cleaning kit, snacks,
First aid kit included gauzes,quick clot, spare tourniquet bandage wrap, disinfecting wipes, bandaids,
>>
>>30466691
Is this satire?
>>
>>30466788
No that is what I really carried forgot to mention the camelback.
>>
>>30466788
You can buy 100% of the gear we carried on the Amazon website.
Except for serialized gear like the nvgs,peq15, rifle,203, acog.
>>
>>30466788
The med kit is called an IFAK
>>
>>30466847
I'm going to guess you only did perimeter patrols.
>>
>>30466911
Why would you guess that?
>>
>>30466911
Intuition. Am I incorrect?
>>
>>30466967
Lol actually no. There is no reason to carry a ton of med supplies since we have navy corpsmans attached to every marine unit.
>>
>>30466992
Are you the guy who insists that carrying an IFAK is silly if you have a medic or corpsman around? I know that the Army and Marines have a different take on field care, but it always seems weird when I hear it articulated.
>>
>>30467239
No I simply stated that the med kit is called an IFAK. I never mentioned it being silly.
>>
>>30467291
Fair enough. I can't remember if it was a GQ thread or what, but I encountered someone who claimed to be a Marine and who espoused such an idea.

While I would love to believe that medics are bulletproof, that is not the case.
>>
>>30467369
Yeah our Doc was hardcore worked twice as hard as many of the Marines. But you are right they aren't bullet proof. Most of us would fill the IFAK with quick clot and bandage wraps, tape, scissors, take out non essential stuff like the little bandaids
>>
>>30463465
On deployment i just threw mine away and got new ones.
>>
>>30463465
In Iraq the army washed our clothes. In Afghan we washed our own stuff unless we had some care packages taken too use we would throw them away. Basic care package comes with a pack of socks baby wipes and beef jerkylol and sum 5hr energy drinks.
>>
File: 14674015413711754793807.jpg (787 KB, 1458x2592) Image search: [Google]
14674015413711754793807.jpg
787 KB, 1458x2592
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.