[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No pistol calibers larger than .45 - no rifle calibers larger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 13
File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (86 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
86 KB, 480x270
>No pistol calibers larger than .45 - no rifle calibers larger than .223/5.56/AR-15. Violation of this rule will result in immediate and permanent loss of privileges at <range>
>>
>>30455988
> No singles policy
>>
My range gets bitchy when you tip the RSO less than 15% even if the service is shit.
>>
>>30456025

Is this a thing?
That would be hilarious, all those beta tears
>>
>>30455988
>boohoo the range won't let me break their shit with rounds it wasn't designed for
>>
File: 1433721258352.gif (3 MB, 177x340) Image search: [Google]
1433721258352.gif
3 MB, 177x340
>>30455988
> $26/hour with mandatory 1 hour safety briefing
>>
File: cry baby.jpg (541 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
cry baby.jpg
541 KB, 1200x675
>have to wash at range showers before they allow you to shoot at the line
>range master comes in for penis inspection
>fail
>they confiscate ammo and send you home
>>
>>30456066

It's pretty common for those that offer rentals. It doesn't apply if you own a gun already obviously.

They don't want you to an hero
>>
>>30455988
My range has rules about no rifle rounds on the pistol range because damb asses rip up the steel falling plates. But how the fuck do you run a range that the hunters with thier 300win and 30-06 shit can't zero. Fuck, that is like half they guys I see on the rifle range. Either testing new pet loads or zeroing for the start of whatever season.
>>
>>30456060
>tip the RSO

Are they providing refills or something at your range?
>>
>>30456172
I think it's just a shitpost senpai
>>
>>30456144
i shoot at an indoor 100 yard range that has a pistol and rifle side
only difference between the two is the pistol side is better lit and the rifle site has a taller line rest for your rifle
>>
File: 1439097757450.jpg (8 KB, 262x193) Image search: [Google]
1439097757450.jpg
8 KB, 262x193
>>30455988
Here's some terrible rules from my range:

1. No steel targets are to be shot with a rifle from less than 100m

2. No reactive targets whatsoever except during events

3. No personal chairs or tables

4. Holsters cannot have a cant beyond 10 degrees

5. Designated safety tables are required even if shooting alone (I have to have a separate table for loading ammunition/uncasing and actually shooting even when alone)

6. Only 1 shot per 2 seconds

7. Only 7.5 or greater birdshot is allowed regardless of target type

8. No guests allowed. Guests must pay a $5 fee one week ahead of time and can only come once per lifetime
>>
>>30456069
When all the ranges in your county are smallbore only, yeah, it is pretty boo hoo.
>>
File: 1466921787669.jpg (40 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
1466921787669.jpg
40 KB, 250x239
>>30456217
>No guests allowed. Guests must pay a $5 fee one week ahead of time and can only come once per lifetime
Most of these i can at least see SOME reason for but what the shit
>>
My range:

>only lets you shoot rifles up to 50yd without an optic

100 yard range rules:

>No Full Metal Jacket, Steel Core, or Military Ammo on the 100 Yard Range
>All Rifles must be scoped. NO RED DOTS (3 power or greater)
>NO - 22 Long Rifles
>NO - AK47, SKS, MK90, or Mosin Nagant
>NO - Pistol Grip Rifles or Short Barrel Rifles (barrel shorter than 16 inches)
>NO - Pistol Caliber Rifles
>>
>>30456243
Insurance, supposedly. The range had an incident years back where a guest ND'd and shot himself in the foot. He proceeded to sue the council that manages the range and won.
>>
>>30456217
>Guests must pay a $5 fee one week ahead of time and can only come once per lifetime

What the fuck? Do they expect me to come back with Christ as a ghost or something?
>>
>>30456060
>tip the RSO

I got a tip for the bastard, FUCK OFF FROM MY LANE.
>>
>>30456281
I think he means as a guest. If they want to come back they'll need a membership
>>
>>30456271

>>only lets you shoot rifles up to 50yd without an optic
Jesus, I shoot 100 yards standing unsupported at my range all the time.

100 yard range rules:

>No Full Metal Jacket, Steel Core, or Military Ammo on the 100 Yard Range
Is it outdoors? If so, that's gay as fuck.

>All Rifles must be scoped. NO RED DOTS (3 power or greater)
gay

>NO - 22 Long Rifles
wut

>NO - AK47, SKS, MK90, or Mosin Nagant
They literally just hate slav weapons

>NO - Pistol Grip Rifles or Short Barrel Rifles (barrel shorter than 16 inches)
wow

>NO - Pistol Caliber Rifles
fucking hell

That's some gay shit right there.
>>
>>30456271
Literally the only thing I can imagine doing with those rules is testing out/zeroing some handloads for durr season.
>>
>>30456271
Sounds Fudd as hell
>>
>>30456060
wtf where is tipping a policy for RSOs?
>>
File: 100.gif (83 KB, 395x281) Image search: [Google]
100.gif
83 KB, 395x281
>>30456425
>>30456294
>>30456172
It was probably a bong shitposting, god. Just give him more (You)s, why not
>>
>tfw penis inspection day at the range
god fucking damn it, I always choose the worst days to go
>>
File: 1462302286053.jpg (224 KB, 1600x1015) Image search: [Google]
1462302286053.jpg
224 KB, 1600x1015
>>30456830
>worst days
you mean best days
>>
>>30456830
Asshole inspection day is worst.
>always clench
>limit of two dingleberries max

Fucking christ...
>>
File: CPWQ750.gif (38 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
CPWQ750.gif
38 KB, 320x240
>used in live in CNY
>range was full of fuck
>no human silhouette targets
>no "assault weapons" or legal standard-cap mags (this was before SAFE)
>no bottleneck cartridges on the pistol range (.44 Mag OK, .357 SIG and 7.62 Tok banned because ???)
>no rapid fire (1 second in between shots)
>ancient indoor range with "filtration system" that's basically a room fan, no jacketed projectiles allowed

Love my new range in MI though

>no bullshit rules, apart from standard safety stuff the only rule is no unaimed rapid fire
>tfw drawing from concealment and dumping full-cap mag into a photorealistic of stereotypical watermelon enthusiast with sideways pistol, holding a cute blonde hostage
>tfw actual filtration system so I'm not basically bathing in lead
>>
>>30456324
You've found their target demographic
>>
>>30456217
bullshit
>>
>>30456830
i remember this meem !
>>
>>30456131
Too bad that policy didn't prevent that mom offing her son, then herself afterward.

Some of the ranges around me have 1 round in SKS policy, since they are afraid of another slam fire death,.

>>30456217
Most of those rules seem to make sense depending on what they are trying to address.
>1. No steel targets are to be shot with a rifle from less than 100m
They are probably only using 3/8 ar500, and rifle rounds will fuck those up if closer than 100 yards. I had someone fuck up my targets by shooting .223 at it at about 30 yards. You need like 1/2 ar500 and aggressive mounting angle if you want to shoot rifles any closer than 100 yards without damaging it, and you'd get peppered by spatter if closer than 50 yards.
>>
>>30456279
>shoot yourself in the foot
>"It was their fault! Not mine!"
>works

how?
>>
>>30456954
>stereotypical watermelon enthusiast with sideways pistol, holding a cute blonde hostage

Could I see what that looks like, youve got me interested.
Congrats on finding a good range btw.
>>
>>30455988
>my range doesn't allow steel targets because some dumbfuck blew up a metal target with tannerite and took a huge chunk out of his jaw and proceeded to sue the range.
>>
>>30456271
>No .22 LR

I was understanding the "nothing that would make our AARP members freak out" theme of the other rules, but what the actual fuck?
>>
>Going to indoor ranges

Why do people do this? Do they like paying by the hour? Enjoy fumes? Have a deathly aversion to fun?
>>
>>30456172
I wouldnt doubt it if bongs tipped. What cucks
>>
>>30457300
A lot of us are unfortunate enough to live in cities.

I'm in metro Detroit where there are a lot of nice indoor ranges with no bullshit rules close to my house for $10-$15 per hour, open until 9pm year round.

Most outdoor ranges are an hour+ away and are full-fudd with most of the no-fun-allowed rules posted here. Plus they either charge hourly or have some ridiculous membership system where you have to be vouched for by an existing membership, pay an exorbitant one-time fee (sometimes like $500), then pay $350+ per year. I'm not dropping $800 and then paying $350 per year so I can put 6 rounds in my pistol and fire 1 shot every 3 seconds at non-silhouette targets at a minimum of 25 yards away.

There's one public gravel pit with few rules (only rule is targets must be paper or clay, thanks to people previously shooting appliances and shit and leaving all their trash behind) but it's an hour and a half away.
>>
My range's only strange rule is no loading of the mosin's internal magazine. they all have to be fired single shot.
Reason for this is that some autist managed to blow his thumb off by double feeding a mosin (to this day noone knows how he managed to do it) and shoving the bolt forward with enough force to set off the chambered round, which knocked the firing pin loose, setting off the rear round, guy was a special kind of stupid
>>
Used to shoot on Whidbey island
>no rifle cartridges on pistol range
>no shooting when range flag is down
>no stepping into range when range flag is up
>check with other shooters before lowering/raising range flag

People shared guns all the time, did stupid games, lined up stuffed animals, cans and pincones for something to plunk at, no RO unless shit was getting wierd, HANDLE your own shit.

Now I shoot in Everett and it's no rifle rounds over .223/5.56 or 7.62x39
>>
>>30457469

Ah, fellow washington fag! I go to an outdoor range in Everett, close to where I live I've been to Whidbey a few times but never went to a range there, pretty liberal little shitstain of an island.
>>
Wow, I've only been to 3 ranges in CA and none of them wernt this shit.

5dogs, outside, awesome fucking range, skeet, trap, metal targets for .22, pistol, and a unknown distance rifle/whatever else area, probably 400-500 yards max. Just no steel tip in the summer.

Iron sights in oceanside, rapid fire ok, no stupid pay by the hour, just flat rate of $9 I think. Just can only load weapons at firing line, no steel tip ever is gay though.

Some outdoor range past yucca valley, outside, 300 yard max range, trap, and .22 course. No steel because desert, one round for every second.

Then there was good ol blm land
>>
>>30457368
I've lived in both the US and the UK and Americans tip way more.
>>
>>30455988
> tfw shooting slugs and birdshot at the pistolrange
feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>30457469
>Whidbey island
Used to live there, is it still stuck in the late 90's?
>>
You americans have it fucking easy

my range rules:

>Only paper targets are permitted
>All steel targets (AR500 only) must be completely shrouded inside bunkers a minimum of 12” deep and angled forward so as to direct any ‘splash’ or ricochets into the ground. All steel must be AR500 as per CFO rules.
>Rim fire is not permitted on any steel targets
>Paper targets must be stapled to the colored backboards, not on the posts or cross boards
>Do not staple any targets above the top of any colored back board
>Do not place any target or object on top of posts or cross beams (plastic bottles, cans, bricks etc)
>Do not staple targets on the bunkers
>On the competition ranges, wood h-stands must be placed tight against the berm and target boards no higher than 5 feet at the top
>Shooting at targets on the ground or berms is prohibited
>On covered ranges, shooters are required to use only the backboards directly in front of them and that correspond with the color on your bench (no cross firing)
>Photographic targets of people (bosses, ex-spouses, political figures) are strictly forbidden
>HOLSTERS
>Holsters may only be used by members with an approved holster qualification which include IPSC Black Badge, PPC, CBSA w/proper documents, Police w/proper documents, and members with the Club Level Rapid Fire and Holster Course.
>Holsters may be used on the action range(s) only.
>Holstered handguns may only be loaded when immediately engaging targets at the firing line, otherwise they must be unloaded and with the magazine removed
>The muzzle of a holstered handgun must not point further than 3 feet away from the shooters feet when standing in a relaxed manner, and must not point towards the shooter’s body

cont.
>>
>>30457954
cont, 2/3:

>RAPID FIRE
>Rapid fire is permitted on the action range(s) only by qualified members, which include IPSC Black Badge, PPC, CBSA w/proper documents, Police w/proper documents, and members with the Club Level Rapid Fire and Holster Course.
>NEVER allow children or unlicensed persons to rapid fire or double tap.
>All other ranges are limited to 1 shot every 2-3 seconds for members and 1 shot every 5 seconds for guests
>SHOTSHELLS
>No shot is to be used on any range other than the two trap fields. No shot is to be used on colored backboards/H-stands on the action range, and must be directed into the berm. Patterning of shotguns will be permitted at the Trap Range #7 only. Members are requested to bring their own cardboard for patterning.
>Shotgun slugs are permitted on all ranges except for the trap fields and the pistol range.
>AMMUNITION
>No tracer, incendiary, or prohibited ammunition are permitted at any time
>Armor piercing rounds are never to be used on steel targets
>Steel core (non armor piercing) are permitted
>Black powder (or black powder substitutes) must not be placed on the shooting benches
>Unwanted or dud ammo should be discarded in the red dummy tubes located on all covered ranges
>BRASS
>Members and guests are permitted and encouraged to pick up all of their own spent brass. At this point it belongs to you and you may do what you wish with it. Unwanted brass should be placed into the white containers located on each covered range
>Any brass not cleaned up will be deemed ‘abandoned’ and will become property of SGC
>Brass that is the property of SGC may only be removed from the premises at the discretion of the staff of SGC
>ALCOHOL AND DRUGS
>No alcohol or illegal/illicit drugs are permitted past the front gate at any time
>No person that is under the influence of alcohol or illegal/illicit drugs shall be permitted past the front gate

cont.
>>
>>30457896
everything that isn't the mass of Olympia/Tacoma/Seattle/Everett is like Ohio
>>
>>30457982
3/3

>RANGE INFRACTIONS
>It is every member and shooters responsibility to follow the rules and regulations at Silverdale. At Silverdale we do have a guideline that we follow to keep the range at the safest possible.

>All our range officers follow the 3 strike rule. While on the range you will be only given 2 warnings for any infractions and the third you will be asked to go home for the day. This will cover all infractions from not wearing eye wear to passing a loaded firearm.

>INFRACTION GUIDLINE
>Unsafe gun handling 7 day suspension – compulsory range etiquette lesson
>Passing a loaded firearm 14 days suspension
>Unregistered guests downrange 30 day suspension
>Crossing the firing line on a red flag 30 day suspension
>Ear and Eye protection not worn 3 warnings – must leave for the day
>Placing targets on the berm or range floor 30 day suspension
>Firing rifles on the handgun ranges 14 day suspension
>Firing over the berm Expulsion
>Shooting any unapproved targets 14 day suspension
>Not following proper flag procedure 14 day suspension
>Leaving firearms unattended 1 day suspension
>Point or sweep people with a firearm 1 – 30 days suspension (at RSOs discretion)
>Deliberate damage to Silverdale property Expulsion
>Rapid fire, allowing minor or unlicensed guests 30 days suspension
>Rapid fire – ranges 2-8 60 days suspension
>>
>>30457954
>>Photographic targets of people (bosses, ex-spouses, political figures) are strictly forbidden
I bet someone did one of the range owner and they got all huttburt.
>>
>>30457124
>1 round in SKS policy
First time I brought my SKS to the local range the RSO had never seen one there before, and never shot one himself. Maximum fudd.
>>
>>30458040
My range is really cool and laid back, but this is even a rule there and they're serious about it. They stood firm after 9/11 when people were bringing in Bin Laden targets.
>>
used to go to a range that was on a chill ranchers property. he had set up target stands out hundreds of yards (around 700) and built an awning with benches for people to use the only rules posted at the gate

>close gate after opening it
>don't shoot at or near cattle
>clean up your mess

a few years after finding out about it the rancher had to lock his gate and put up a trespass warning sign because he was tired of faggots shooting his animals and turning his property into a fucking dump.

THIS is why we can't have nice things
>>
>>30458138
>shooting farm animals for fun

Truly, a special place in hell for these people.
>>
>>30458138
I'm >>30456954

Our "no assault weapons" rule was because a few idiots used to show up with AKs, ARs and preban mags when nobody else was around and shoot up the skeet/trap machinery and shoot the chains off all the silhouettes
>>
>>30456144
.460 S&W Mag :^)
>>
>>30458200
Sounds like the range's fault for understaffing.
>>
>shooting at a range instead of blm or open desert
>>
Since we're on the subject of ranges, I was recently cucked and need to start using a range instead of glorious state land. I've found a nice one close that offers free targets to members, any caliber, any gun, even full automagics and its $60 a year for membership which is free shooting on the days they are open. Am I being double cucked or is this good?
>>
>>30457458
Former metro Detroit/k/ubist here. The range at bald mountain isn't too bad, but if you want to mag dump then frankly the pit is worth the drive. Or move to the UP, 200yard rifle range+trap+25 yard pistols for 25$ a year.
>>
>>30458367
That's excellent I'd say do it
>>
>>30455988
>>30456217
>>30456271
>>30457954
>>30457982
>>30458006

Dear god, and I thought I had it bad!

our only rules beyond basic gun safety are:

Pistol range
>no intermediate or high power rifle rounds
>Only paper targets except for club sponsored exceptions (steel plates etc. during competition or the 2 hanging steel IPSC silhouettes which get left out)
>No AP rounds

Rifle range:
>No photorealistic targets
>Only shoot at marked distances
>demonstrate your rifle's zero at 200 yards before firing at longer distances
>Single loading on the concrete bench rests (rapid fire and magazine loading are allowed outside)
>No .50 BMG
>No AP rounds

Shotgun/trap:
>N/A

Might sound kind of bad but there are no RSOs and the schedule is sent out monthly so you can pick times the ranges will be dead if you want to break rules. Basically, any rule you feel like breaking can be safely broken so long as you don't make enough of a racket that somebody comes from the club house and tells you to fix your shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 1266x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 1266x712
>all these rules
>Shooting indoors

My range has none of these problems, it's just a shame I'm usually so lonely there
>>
>>30456098
Thanks internet
>>
>>30457266
Fudds are of the impression that .22lr is only good for strictly 50yds and closer. Scoped, at 18x and a 50mm objective bell. Beyond 50, they believe it immediately shits itself and does loopdy-loops into the shooters forehead.

I swear to god, I go to a range on occasion packed full of fudds and I get the weirdest looks when I shoot at 100yds with irons. One of the RO'S wouldn't even let me shoot until he got a spotting scope out to make sure I could hit the target with 5 consecutive rounds
>>
>>30456271

I know who you are, Elm Fork anon.
>>
>>30458412
They have the same rules as Island Lake, right? I've been to Island Lake a couple times and every time it's packed, and the rules suck.

I just go out to the Pit when I really want to shoot outside, but it's not often. Maybe only a couple times a year.

>>30458293
Members are granted 24/7 access and are trusted to take care of the place. They have a kitchen and clubhouse, outdoor range, and 24 hour indoor pistol/rimfire range. Obviously the place isn't usually staffed at all.
>>
>>30455988
>no rifle calibers larger than .223/5.56/AR-15
This is completely normal on most pistol designed ranged. You know.. most indoor ranges since they don't usually go further than 75yd.

They might not have the backstop to safely slow down anything else without it wearing out faster than they can pay for it.

but your're probably a millennial bitching because someone told them they can't do something on private property.
>>
>>30456954
>range in MI

Don't hold on me brah. Let me know what county and crossroads at least. Looking for 200yd+ anywhere in souheastern MI
>>
>>30459875
They could have just put up some cameras. Heck, you could have them sound-activated. Banning something other people enjoy because some hoodlums liked them too is a shitty thing to do.
>>
>>30455988
>Only one round in the magazine/chamber at all times
>>
>>30459952
It's an indoor range in Livonia called Center Mass Inc, sorry bro.

If you find a decent 200 yard outdoor range in SE MI let me know too.

>>30459955
Well it was run by NY fudds, so their reaction was no surprise.
>>
Bald mountain and island lake my friend. Best sport clay /5stand/trap in the state.

Actually two sport clay courses, one is like a driving range and one is like a nice par 4.
>>
>>30456271
>>30458591
These Elm Fork anons, I also know that feel
>>
>I just go out to THE PIT

Gross senpai. Gross

Somebody gonna end up dead at lapeer pit someday, Arabs in full burka durkas. Nigs noggin, drunk hick-faced white trash women flagging with model10or 29 revolvers. Underage billy kids bump firing.

It's a perfect storm. Unless you are there early with full auto, really a bad place to be
>>
>>30460081
>Somebody gonna end up dead at lapeer pit someday

People have been saying this for years and as far as I know, nobody's even been injured yet, let alone killed. Now that the state is keeping tabs on it I think it's less likely than ever.

Also for the all the shit I hear I haven't seen anything dangerous. The worst was some guy who wasn't wearing ear or eye pro and had no idea how to maintain his new AR. I showed him how to disassemble and lube it, and he was happy. Still refused ear protection though.
>>
>>30460081
>>30460148
Should also mention I always seem to go on the off hours. Half the time I'm alone or with one person, the other half there are maybe only 3-4 other people. I've never been there when it's packed.
>>
>>30455988

That's... every other rifle on the planet.
>>
I shoot in my backyard.
>>
>>30460164
That's pretty much any eurocuck NATO rifle
>>
>>30457150

Lawyers make a lot of money because they can make other people believe even the dumbest things.

Why do you think most politicians are lawyers?
>>
>>30455988
>no solo shooters
>no AKs
>no steel case
>no magnetic bullets
>$150 initiation fee
>no free guests
>must qualify by maximum caliber 45 ACP > 10mm
>must remove bolt from rifle at cease fire
>minimum 5 seconds between shots without Action Qualification
>no magazines exceeding 8 rounds without Action Qualification
>no shooting from holster without Action Qualification
>no moving without Action Qualification
>Action Qualification applications not accepted
It's great, you just need this qual. Oh, except there are max 10 Action Permit holders at one time and they've all been members for 15 years.
>>
>>30461059
>>must remove bolt from rifle at cease fire
jesus
>>
>>30461059
>remove bolt from rifle
>remove
did i fucking read that right?
>>
>>30455988
larger than in what way? muzzle energy, powder capacity, overall length, bullet diameter? there are so many ways you can take that.
>>
>>30461097
>>30461150
yep
>>
>>30457954
>>30457982
>>30458006

Is Silverdale decent at least?
>>
>>30458540
Twentynine Palms?
>>
>>30461059
>Action Permit
Please tell me that's some stupid range thing and not a government-issued permit somewhere.
>>
>>30461059
>Must remove bolt from rifle during ceasefire

Even on ones where that requires a fucking full disassembly? Shit, at least you'd get good at stripping your weapon.

>>30458555
What the actual fuck.
>>
File: FFUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOUU.jpg (133 KB, 357x326) Image search: [Google]
FFUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOUU.jpg
133 KB, 357x326
Capital City Gun Club of Topeka, KS
>no range use for non-members, unless a) accompanied by a member AND clearly displaying a $10 guest pass, or b) at the shotgun range
>in order to even join, you must get recommendations from two members, one of which has to have been "a member in good standing with more than twelve months tenure"
>you must also be an NRA member, and the membership MUST be active for the entirety of your membership at CCGC
>you also have to pass a Kansas Bureau of Investigation background check, though KS CCL holders may waive this

Ok, now you're a member! Just remember:
>Any MIL/LEO training or practice that day? ALL RANGES CLOSED ALL DAY
>"No automatic weapons are permitted except for members of law enforcement agencies, military services or reserves if the weapon is fired in the semi-automatic mode only.Tracer and armor piercing ammunition is prohibited.No .50 caliber BMG firearms allowed." Because FUCK YOU if you spent a house's worth following everyone's rules.
>"Rifle range – the 300 yard range is restricted to NRA classified high power competitors, Club rifle matches, and those with the specific permission of the high power director or a club officer." In other words, you paid $150 ($120 renewals!!!) to NOT use the rifle range unless SPECIFICALLY qualified.
>"Limitations on shotgun components: i.No shot larger than #7 ½ may be used.ii.Maximum weight shot charge of 1 & 1/8 oz. iii. Maximum powder load of 3 drams equivalent." Because reasons.

$150 (ONE HUNDRED FIFTY US DOLLARS) to remain KEKED by Johnny Law, plus however much an NRA membership costs, but only after you suck two members' dicks, and possibly pass a background check (worked in Orlando amirite?). Fuck these chucklefucks. Fuck them and everything they have ever loved or stood for. I hope their dreams die slow, cancerous deaths and their children all become cop Glock fodder.
>>
>>30456271
>NO-22 Long Rifles
Jesus really?? I always take my .22 when I go to the range to just have a play at long range

>only lets you shoot rifles up to 50yd without an optic
????????, wheres the fun in that???

Range i used to go to every now and then

>Private forestry block with range in the middle
>2 sessions 8-11 ,1-4
>show up , gate unlocks, drive in with other vehicles, gate gets locked behind
>convoy through forest

>safety brief
>show guns are unloaded& safe when bringing onto range
>pick a bench and rack
>pay $10 for a session (3hrs)
>guns on rack have to be shown as safe at all times (chamber flags, bolts removed)
>guys with muzzle brakes go away from everybody else (because muzzle wash)
>semis get benches with shell deflectors
>50&100m range (200m range in 2nd session)
>RO's are good cunts
>everybody at range is a good cunt
>can move benches and shoot prone

Good range, love shooting there
>>
>>30457368
>>30457794
Yeah, contrasting with my own experiences in Canada, tipping seems to be a completely American thing. I guess it's to help make up for our awful wages and countries that don't starve their service workers don't even think about tips.
>>
Fudds ruin literally everything. Why do they think some wooden lever action 30-30 is somehow more acceptable to shoot at a range than an ar? God I fucking hate old people I hope these kind of people would just keel over already and just die like the miserable shits they are
>>
>>30458006
This used to be my range to, now i just do my shoots at St Mary's since i can do 2 in a day and go to a mates farm so i can actually do fun stuff.
>>
The workers at the indoor range I go to are all assholes, but they will let you shoot .50 BMG in the pistol range if you want to.

I almost want to rent one and start blasting it in there just because I can and to piss everyone off.
>>
>>30463895
>rode out the second biggest tech boom in human history
>shit on SocSec the entire way
>consumed so much that corporations started pursuing quantity over quality in their snowballing search for the almighty dollar
>snapped over from being conservative while it made them money, to being liberal for social brownie points and DEM PROGRAMS for them to leech off of
>ruin guns as a hobby
>continue to be the cancer that is killing cars
>continue voting for whoever makes them feel like it's 1960-whatever again
>they'll be alive for another two decades to sap my tax dollars like they sapped their parents' dollars, while condemning my generation as WORST EVER because of a few Tumblrtards they saw on a computer designed by a Millenial and built by a Gen-Xer
Fuck Islam, Boomers need to be culled from society. For added dramatic irony, mow them down from a '69 Charger while using an M60 and blasting Link Wray on the radio.
>>
>Roll up with a crate of .22 Eargeshplitten Loudenboomer
>Butthurt ensues
>>
>>30456098
I've come along way when i can instantly recognize what porn video thats from.
>>
http://www.scarfg.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ClubPolicies

I don't go to it. The membership sponsor is what is putting me off. I just go to the ones in Poland or Windham.
>>
>Live in Tennessee
>No rules except to shoot your weapon type where appropriate and not go into the shoothouse without them knowing
>>
I don't know the specific rules of the range (I was a guest and I asked my friend if magnum calibers were ok. Turns out they're perfectly fine), but I got kicked out because, I shit you not, my rifle "ejected brass out of the wrong side of the gun." WTF? Is this normal for y'all's ranges? I was using a left handed Remington 700 in 7mm rem mag. Since then I started my own range for friends and family (and their friends), and my rules are as follows
>Don't use AP rounds on the steel targets
>pick up after yourself
(Rarely more than 3 people on the line)
>make sure everyone is done shooting and everyone knows you're walking out on the range before you walk out onto the range
>don't shot yourself or anyone else
>eye pro and ear pro is mandatory
>I'm not liable if you get shot
It's a completely free to use range. I just ask that people call before coming shoot.
>>
>>30465946

Spring Guns & Ammo in Spring
>No Aluminum Case ammo
>No steel-cased ammo
>no faster than 1 shot per second
>no full-auto
>Nothing more powerful than a 7.62x51
>RSO's discretion

I saw a guy get kicked out because the RSO didn't like his "commie rifle" (mosin nagant) and another get kicked out right away because he was "shooting a little too fast"
>>
File: 1372725320670.jpg (9 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
1372725320670.jpg
9 KB, 266x189
>>30455988
Pennsylvania State Game Lands range rules are pretty cool except this weird shit:

>no more than 3 rounds loaded into a long gun mag
>no more than 6 rounds loaded into a pistol mag
>>
>>30456060
I better get cheap crab legs and free rental falcons if I have to tip the RSO.
>>
>>30466086
I can see the reasoning behind most of the rules, but at all of the ranges I've been to, the RSO has been more than a little bitchy about stupid stuff.

I don't have to worry about calibers with my steel targets. They're rated for .50 BMG, but I try to stay away from those as they tear up the targets pretty bad.
>>
Worst I've got at the local range
>full-auto/burst must have suppressors and only use in the "pit" ranges
>no .50

The no .50 sucks because there's only one range within 100 miles that allows it, but it's a pain in the ass to be able to use it. The only other actual range in the state that allows it is 8 hours away. Fortunately I can just go innadesert, but it'd be nice to have a set up area to use it at.
>>
>5.7x28 prohibited on pistol range due to high backstop damage and penetration
>>
>>30456271
http://www.elmfork.com/Policies-Rules.aspx

Holy shit this is real.
>>
>>30457464
they do that at my range too. one round at a time in bolt actions. I don't blame them; some people are incredibly stupid.
>>
>>30455988

I assume this would be for an indoor range? That's the only way it would make sense, what kind of sick bastard who runs an outdoor range with a 200m lane would prohibit someone with a .308 Winchester?
>>
>>30455988
>no FMJ's for pistols/rifles
>soft-point everything

why even fucking live
>>
>decide to make range

>should i make berms and targets that can actually withstand rounds with a little bit of power behind them?

>nah im just gonna be a cheap ass and make shitty berms/target traps and not allow anything more than pissbaby .223

>then charge you $20/hour for the privilege

Why is it so hard to make a range that can actually withstand full rifle rounds?
>>
>>30466406
Ballistic tipped boolets
Bthp
>>
File: 1396375086226.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1396375086226.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>30466363
>local indoor range allows anything up to but not including .50BMG
>local outdoor range doesn't allow even .308
>>
>local indoor pistol range
>no steel cased ammo allowed
>ask why
>"we collect the casings to reload, can't reload steel ones :^) "
>this was literally their reasoning

I did not buy a Makarov so I could shoot prissy Italian brass cased penis ammo, I bought it so I could chew through shit Soviet surplus rounds for cheap
>>
>>30456271
>no AK47
Good thing I'm building an AMD65
>>
God forbid if I ever shoot a fucking AR-10 at my local range again….the only range in any meaningful distance from my house

>Go to range with my new armalite AR-10, put a bunch of new furniture on it
>Excited to kill the fuck out of a paper target
>Begin shooting, loudest out of everyone shooting in the range
>RSO taps my shoulder while I'm shooting
>Put my rifle down, pointing down range
>"Ay there bud, what kinda bullets you shootin' outta there?"
>"7.62x51"
>"A seven-sixty two? Those are military rounds boy! You're never going to be able to use those, they'll go through a guy and two houses over!"
"No they won't."
"Well buddy I'm going to just ask you to either stop shooting that high calibre round or just leave, shooting such powerful and destructive bullets makes us look bad to them anti-gunners because they can't be used for anything other than killin' people"
>"What the fuck ever man"
>Pack up and leave
>>
>>30466446

>Can't reload steel cased ammo, so we won't let you shoot!

Motherfucker what? So you can pay however much you pay for ammo and shoot it and the range thinks its suddenly entitled to cartridges from ammo YOU bought from gun YOU fired?
>>
Only two bad rules at my range:
>slow fire only
>cannot load more than 6 rounds at a time
It's a little ridiculous shooting 6 rounds from a 30 round ak magazine.
>>
File: gun qt k m.gif (257 KB, 200x214) Image search: [Google]
gun qt k m.gif
257 KB, 200x214
>best friend lives out in a very rural area.
>go shooting whatever ammo we want in his backyard every weekend for free.

feels good desu
>>
>>30457794
I used to work at a putt putt type place and got typed $5 after getting run over by a child in a go-kart
>>
>>30466086
>Nothing more powerful than 7.62x51
Why even bother bringing a Mosin?
>>
>>30456098
So this is what those German ranges I heard about are like
>>
>>30466512
Exactly. Bunch of asshats but here in SoCal indoor ranges are very rare, so my only other choice is to drive north to Burro Canyon or east to the old '84 Olympic range, but those are both outdoors.
>>
I have a real fun outdoor range outside of my town

>literally no posted rules (just follow obvious safety ones)
>100% free
>you can shoot any ammo out of any gun at a any area as fast as you want.
>you can shoot any target. People sometimes bring in stuff like TVs and washing machines occasionally even a junker car. eventually when they're shot to Swiss cheese someone picks up the peices of scrap

It's great
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.