[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have the webm or know the name of that gun that automatically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: drop.jpg (829 KB, 1260x840) Image search: [Google]
drop.jpg
829 KB, 1260x840
Does anyone have the webm or know the name of that gun that automatically drops the magazine when it's empty? I want to say it was Russian but I don't remember.
>>
>>30454417
>automatically drops the magazine when it's empty
Seems like a shit idea to me, but whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>30454438
Why? It takes a whole step out of the reloading process. If it's designed for military or competition use it would save a lot of time.
>>
cobalt kinetics
>>
>>30454417
Interesting concept, but I can see it dropping at inconvenient times or not dropping and risk breaking something
>>
>>30454460
This, handled one at NRAAM16, was really neat.
>>
>>30454455
I could see the usefulness in competition use in the top tier guys trying to shave milliseconds off their total time. As far as military use I think it would be a bad idea. You won't always want to drop your mag right where you stand when you run dry. If mag retention means nothing to you I say it might be worth a shit but it really seems kind of gimmicky all around to me.
>>
>>30454417
it was ukrainian and they made it for they AK bullpup, they just made a patent for it recently
>>
>>30454460
>>30454496
This isn't what I'm thinking of but that's pretty cool. I saw a webm on here of what looked like some prototype euro or slav shit gun with a similar mag drop system.
>>
>>30454455
Then you lose the mag, no? Running forwards while firing, mag drops, slip on mag, dead.
>>
>>30454509
That's it, thanks
>>
>>30454455
Because magazines aren't disposables IRL like they are in /v/?
>>
>>30454511
>>30454417
I'm pretty sure it was an ak bullpup prototype, don't have access to the webm atm tho
>>
>>30454417
>I want to say it was Russian but I don't remember.
Uh
I have a webm somewhere (not on this machine but it exists) with some sort of bullpup ak looking thing where the mag repeatedly drops
I always thought that was because >le russian engineering, >recoil shakes loose the mag
>>
>>30454417
Garand
>>
>>30454713
lulz
>>
File: 1435248416622.webm (3 MB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
1435248416622.webm
3 MB, 640x356
>>30454417
I have it right here senpai. When the mag drops there will still be one round in the chamber, of course.

Western bloc nations have glacial development inertia so it's always up to slavs to make stuff like this.
>>
>>30454975
Thanks!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.