[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martial races
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.jpg (36 KB, 503x334) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
36 KB, 503x334
Is there any other countries that had an exclusive military units composed solely on martial races?

The brits have their own gurkha regiments, which can be described as a soldier's soldier, India has their own sikhs' regiment, while russia still maintains cossacks regiments
>>
>>30453030
Israel has units for ultra orthodox Jews and Bedouin I believe
>>
The U.S. has, and always will have the Irish.
>>
>>30453030
Martial race is a stupid British colonial term for "People in our empire that barely rule."
>>
>>30453034
>ultra orthodox
>martial races

They're like the dindus of Israel. Hell they even smell the same
>>
>>30453030
>cossacks regiments

PROTIP: modern-day "cossacks" are mostly attention-whoring LARPers. Hell, many of them don't have a single drop of cossack blood.
>>
>>30453030
>Spartans
>Literally slaves to the state from birth to violent death
>Loved by dumb Americans who claim to be about muh liberty
>>
>>30453102
>Spartans
>Slaves

Spartan soldiers were actually the only real "Free" Spartans. Slaves to the state, you're looking for Helots. Helots were slaves.

The only real difference in freedom between a Spartan soldier and any other modern soldier is that they were drafted as kids, into the military. The other difference though is that they were treated like the best, of the best of their state and were above pretty much everyone else.
>>
>>30453044

Strangest enlisted man I've ever encountered, a pro United Ireland marine from Belfast, who showered with simple green and a scotch Brits pad, ate boiled eggs for every meal and saved three obviously dead charred marines from IED wreckage. To save their souls and provide a Catholic burial.
>>
Buffalo Soldiers lol
>>
>>30453178
>who showered with simple green and a scotch Brits pad

what the fuck

i don't understand a single word but showering
>>
>>30453264
lol anon means he used household cleaners instead of shampoo and soap
>>
>>30453030

>That image

That had to be made by a flip. Filipinos are the people I have seen more than anyone who have an overly inflated opinion of themselves (to the point of even having no sense of humor in regards to themselves). Really? How does a 'literally who' country think themselves such hot shit in spite of the fact that they have never contributed anything significant to the world, except for Manny Pacquiao?
>>
>>30453030
>Filipino's
Asian Mexicans?
>>
>>30453030
I think India still has rajput regiments but I could be wrong. The brits also considered a fuck load of other groups martial races
>Ahir
>Arain
>Awan
>Baloch (Baluch)
>Gakhar
>Gurjar
>Hindu Jat[
>Jat Sikh
>Kamboh
>Khattar
>Khokhar
>Labana
>Mahton
>Mughal
>Muslim Jat
>Pathan/Pashtun
>Qureshi
>Rajput
>Ranghar
>Saini
>Syed
>>
>>30453030
Didn't the Germans have race exclusive units in ww2?
>>
>>30453030

>That pic

lol
>>
>>30453030
>Most powerful race
Which is why I get a tax write-off putting my old New Balance shoes in a box to send them over to your country so you can at least have something on your feet.
>>
>>30454570
the private ranks in nowaday's german army consist solely out of slavs :^)
>>
>brits have their own gurkha regiments

Who are considered to be a complete liability by anyone who has ever spent more than five minutes with them.
>>
>>30453030
>martial races
What? Also, that pic is pure kek.
>>
>>30453034
They also has a Druze battalion.
>>
>>30456584
After hearing nothing but the opposite of what you said from every ex-serviceman I've spoken to, I conclude that you are a walt cunt.
>>
File: 1432300709691.jpg (104 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
1432300709691.jpg
104 KB, 1280x692
>>30456584
>Who are considered to be a complete liability by anyone who has ever spent more than five minutes with them.

Yeah, nah mate.
>>
>>30456712
>>30456684
>higher logistic requirement than any other infantry regiment in the army, with less to show for it
>less flexible than any other part of the infantry
>more ghost soldiers than any other part of HM Forces, they have no idea how many they have on the books
>huge struggles with english
>tendency to bring their entire families over, jack it and then draw attention to themselves around Remembrance Day
>liability on courses (cheating, non attendance, constant accusations of racism)
>terrible internal discipline
>cost more to retain than an equivalent domestic unit
>despite doing exactly the same training as their counterparts, are viewed as supermen by Daily Mail readers and ACF kids
>recruit officers that think they're serving 100 years ago

The only thing they top the British Army in is wife beating, beating their wives even more than Fijians.
>>
>>30453867
it's probably a bait, bro.
>>
>>30456770
to be fair I've heard the ghost soldier rumour before (but is it an issue in any other british unit?) and the few i've met were very obviosuly not comfortable using english.
>>
The Netherlands used to have large the Moluccan and Indo regiments
>>
I think it would be fair to say that the US has, somewhere, and entirely Latin American unit.
>>
File: warrior_race.png (184 KB, 270x384) Image search: [Google]
warrior_race.png
184 KB, 270x384
Nah we didn't have them. All filipinos are warriors. Which is why we're called as the "hot headed heroes"
>>
>>30456770
>Remembrance Day
Yeah, I'm sure Gurkas fly all the way to USA just to jack off.
>>
>>30457046
The last unit that would fit OP's description was 442 infantry regiment.

Nowadays (with full integration in the military), you could see all colors serving in the military, though some units do have higher proportion of certain races than the other. ANG and USAF tend to have more white servicepeople while the marines tend to have more latino/black servicepeople
>>
>>30457633
We have our own Remembrance day.
>>
>>30457046
Last i heard the US army is pretty much exclusively black.
>>
If Filipinos are the most powerful race in the world, why did the US own the shit out of their island after we took it from Spain?
>>
>>30457735
Because we allowed them to.

They would build roads, hospitals, factories and give us their guns and tanks in exchange for having the strongest allies in the pacific, if not the entire asia
>>
>>30457698
USarmyfag here. Not True. Lots of dindus in some jobs like supply, cooks, you know support Shit, especially something easy. Combat arms is overwhelmingly white dudes and Latinos. Hell, I would estimate the average infantry platoon is 60 to 70% white southern dudes. With most of the rest being Latinos and an occasional black or Asian dude
>>
Filipino men make good women
>>
>>30457787
The few black dudes you do see in the infantry tend to be above average soldiers though. The vast majority of coon soldiers are absolute shitbags though
>>
>>30456770
I take it Joanna Lumley isn't on your christmas card list? I helped out a bloke who was obviously a ghurka in work the other day, he even threw up a salute as he thanked me.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.