[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you throw ammo in the trash? Situation came up, and I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 413049.jpg (98 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
413049.jpg
98 KB, 880x660
Can you throw ammo in the trash?

Situation came up, and I have to move in a few hours. I'm not allowed to bring ammo with me in my check baggage; i've already checked.

I tried to give it away, but no one wanted it.

I dont have any means or time to get rid of it. Should I throw it in the trash, or bury it?
>>
>Situation came up

stori time
>>
>>30452297
Hold your fucking horses, where do you live? I'd gladly take that off your hands if I'm within driving distance.

Alternatively, just shoot it.
>>
Depending on the type of waste disposal it ends up in that could get fun.

Just hide it in a bush and let some dindu get lucky
>>
1. Put in box
2. Post quardinants of box
3. ???
4. Let the hunt begin
>>
>>30452308

Austin. I had to sell my guns. Didnt want the ammo, so I held on to it.

>>30452303
I moved to a new city. Lost my job, and was going to crash with a friend being a new month because I can no longer afford rent. Yesterday, she decided to back out of letting me stay with her, so I've had to pack all my bags and am catching a bus to stay with a brother.
>>
>>30452316
I second this.
>>
Update: Look at all the sites and such, it only says to call 311, but I have to leave to catch my bus in an hour. I dont have time to wait around for that. I'm trying to finish packing and getting rid of what I cant put into 2 duffle bags.
>>
>>30452326
Why do you have to leave immediately? Is your thirty days notice up?
>>
>>30452297
just hand it in to the cops or something. just tell them you can't bring it with you and you'd rather just donate it to them or something instead.
>>
>>30452338

I dont have a car and dont live near a police station.

>>30452331
I gave my 30 days notice at the start of the month because I was planning on moving in with that friend. There is someone already waiting to move in
I literally have like an hour. I guess I'll call the 311 number. I dont have time to wait for them tho
>>
>>30452297
I'm partial to the scavenger hunt
>>
>>30452345
Sorry m8. Wish I could help.
>>
amen
>>
literally jus ax tha next few dudes u see outside if they want it imo, somebody shld take it
>>
Craigs list
>>
formula for current quardinants

If it's
f(x)= -x^2 + 3x+4....then you could foil....(-x + 1) (x + 4)
leaving you with a vertex @ (1,-4)
then just solve for x and y with the original equation by substituting either x oy with 0....
leaving you with y quardinant of 0 and y quardinant of something lol cant do it on the top of my head... just substitute x with 0 to find y....

good luck!
>>
>>30452320
You can't have ammo on a bus?

Considering how shady everyone has told me catching a greyhound can be I'd want a fuckin gun.
>>
>>30452297
Just go give it to a cop if you literally somehow can't find anyone.

I'm sure they will take it to shoot.
>>
Mail it....
>>
Brng it to your local police station. Explain your situation and say you want to make sure it's disposed of safely.
>>
Leave it somewhere, post the location here. One of our local technicians will retrieve it and dispose of it for you
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-30+at+05.18.21).png (9 KB, 685x115) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-30+at+05.18.21).png
9 KB, 685x115
>>30452386
>Under no circumstances may any nonmailable hazardous material, restricted matter, or perishable matter be deposited for mailing.
http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c1_008.htm

>(1) Whoever knowingly deposits for mailing or delivery, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail... anything declared nonmailable by this section... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1716

Also it's never worth paying $17 to UPS or FedEx a $20 box of ammo.
>>
>>30452297
Might as well waste shiit it there
>>
>>30452316
DO IT
>>
>>30452308
>go shoot a gun a couple hours before you go to the airport

I can't see that causing issues when they check your hands for explosive/gun powder residue
>>
>>30452487
Where the fuck are you flying out of where they check you for fucking gunpowder residue?
>>
>>30452316
>/k/ does geocaching

DO IT
>>
Best option:

Bury it, then piss on them, then cover the mess.

Also, alternativetely, you could throw them to a river, lake...
>>
>>30452297
Mail it to your new address
>>
>>30452491
Not him, but it's pretty common.
>honeymoon in Vegas with my wife
>try to leave, scanner beeps at her shoes, get swabbed, nothing
>she's a pharmacy tech, likely picked up some week old powder something
>>
save the bullets and throw them at people if you get into trouble. a strong enough throw can do serious damage.

or

SCAVENGER HUNT
>>
Just leave them outside or whatever are you that big of a retard to care.
>>
>>30452651
That weird. I fly all the time for work and never have any issues.
>>
>>30452487
They don't care at all. I went shooting the day before I got on a flight and I could even still smell it on my hands. They swabbed me and they didn't care. Generally speaking they don't care about smokeless powder residue from firearms, they are looking for potassium nitrate and components of C4.
>>
>>30452320
A bus? Take that shit with you
>>
>>30452751
Can confirm, I got held up for half an hour because the machine detected C4 residue in my bag. After I showed them my military ID, and told them I frequently handled C4 for work, we spent the next 20 minutes digging through my shit trying to find out what set it off.

The culprit? One of my Velcro rank patches had somehow gotten stuck to the inside of my bag. I'd worn it to a demo range nearly a week prior.
>>
>>30452320
>stay with a brother

You better bring EXTRA ammo in case homey is fronting
>>
File: Screenshot_2016_06_10_23_47_44.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016_06_10_23_47_44.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>30452316
>2. Post quardinants of box
>qardinants
>coordinates

Where the fuck did you go to school anon?
>>
He sold his guns. Don't waste your time with cops unless you want to sit in their office for 4 hours answering questions. The scavenger idea is the best one if you don't just take it with you.
I got pulled and searched last time at the airport because i bought fudge as a gift. They scanned me for a "block of biological matter" so i suggest packing your fudge in your luggage from now on.
>>
File: 3424323423.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
3424323423.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>30452864
>They scanned me for a "block of biological matter"
>>
File: 1464327161847.jpg (457 KB, 728x2742) Image search: [Google]
1464327161847.jpg
457 KB, 728x2742
Mail it to yourself, you fucking retard..
>>
>>30452864
>Anon is a fudge packer
>>
>>30452864
>>30452916
>>30453101
Just seriously lost my shit reading this. God damnit i love you guys
>>
>>30452316
Anon. I'm going to guess you've left and just threw away the ammo instead of making a scavenger hunt or mailing it to yourself.

that's cool, I just feel hurt and will call you a faggot.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.