[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MP5?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: mgwf.jpg (73 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
mgwf.jpg
73 KB, 600x450
I don't see this gun a lot on /k/. Whats your opinion on it?
>Slapping it down to reload, look like a badass.
>German engineering.
>>
It's main appeal was that it was in a lot of 90s action films, and the heckle my cock slap. Otherwise it doesn't really stand out in any way.
>>
>>30452242
Excellent for its time. Superceded by newer smgs and made obsolete with the rise of pdws and sbrs.
>>
why do dickheads in youtube videos always exaggerate the slapping motion? or cocking any gun in general? are they just trying to look cool?
>>
>>30452242
>posting HK anything

You're about to get alot of butthurt, autism, and shitposting.
>>
>>30452396
Hey anon
I think it might be because it's fun
>>
I bought one of the Zenith clones, absolutely love it. I took it to a /k/ meetup last year and it was extremely popular. Now I just need to decide if I'm gonna form 1 it or buy a fagbrace.
>>
File: USMC_MP_SRT_MP5.jpg (2 MB, 1960x3008) Image search: [Google]
USMC_MP_SRT_MP5.jpg
2 MB, 1960x3008
>>30452372
>Superceded by newer smgs
except it's not, and MP5 still sees wide spread active use to this day.
>>
>>30452242
MP5 platform is awesome. If you ever get a chance, shoot one.

TBQH senpai if I wasn't in saving mode I would have got one already. With all the clones out there it's much more attainable in price than it used to be, and most of the clones out there are considered to be pretty damn good.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (27 KB, 575x220) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
27 KB, 575x220
>ywn empty an SD's mag on full-giggle
>>
File: diehard22.jpg (52 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
diehard22.jpg
52 KB, 400x300
>>30452260
Delayed blowback makes for a controllable and accurate gun.

It's pretty good for what it is honestly, but better designs can be made.

>>30452372
>made obsolete with the rise of pdws
Lel no, the MP7 is dogshit and the P90 is niche at best.

>SBRs
I'll give you that, at least for combat.
That said, an MP5SD with subsonics would be a very quiet weapon and would be a good choice for amphibious assault in those kinds of operations. Still niche, but that's what it'd do these days.

I think the days of the subgun for frontline combat is obviously over, but for domestic security and police use, it'd be phenomenal, if it wasn't for legalities and what not, the MP5SD would be regularly available in the US, and eventually at a competitive price, it would be a pretty good choice for home defense with the right ammo, on par with a good carbine or shotgun.

>>30452396
Go watch Die Hard.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.