[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about joining the military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (292 KB, 1500x967) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
292 KB, 1500x967
Hi /k/ long time lurker, but this is my first thread. I've been recently thinking about joining the military. I never thought about special forces or a combat unit until now, I always thought about doing mechanics or something like that. But in recent days I've sparked a big interest in combat units, specifically Rangers and Green Berrets. The coordination and discipline in their movements, thought process, and tactics absolutely awe me. For some reason combat doesn't scare me like it used too (maybe cause I've been playing Arma) but I've found a very strong new interest in combat divisions and would like to join one.

So tell me, what should I expect if I try to get into the Army Rangers or Green Berrets? What kind of training and physical ability does it require? Can I still join even thought i don't have my diploma but have my GED? What are the differences in maneuvers and fighting tactics that Green Berrets and Rangers use, compare and contrast? What do both fields have to offer?
>>
lot's of running. Like a shitton.
You should be able to run for 20+km with full gear withouth stopping.
>>
>>30451790
I know a lot of running but I don't think it's up to 20+km at least none of the videos I've watched have said that
>>
you cant watch youtube and assume that its exactly what its like man
>>
>>30451810
The point is that it's alot more intense than you think. Green berets aren't ez to get into and even Ranger school is tough. I've been in your shoes. I made my first thread just like you on this.

18X contract is what you'd have to talk to a recruiter about. Running is everything. Running and basic strength. But what you'll be tested on is essentially focused on cardiac endurance. Way mote important than marksmanship or raw strength or knowing what camo is best. If you can run endlessly, you'll be set.

There's spec ops veteran forums out there. Try looking there. I forget the name but there's a very legit one. They get this question often and undoubtedly have a sticky on it.

GLHF
>>
>>30451810
You said Rangers/Green Berets

Plus, if you can run 20km with gear, you will stand out that much more. Pretty sure people don't choose to go into those, they are chosen.

Plus if you can run 20km, the 10k run with no gear is gonna be cake
>>
>>30451847
there also is one 12mile (is like 18 km or osmething) run, at the end of the begin training.
>>
>>30451810
Here in aus you probably want to be able to do 50km a day for a week. Maybe learn navigation and test yourself in sleep deprivation as well. Mental toughness is critical.
>>
>>30451836
I do appreciate it, I knew running was most of it but I didn't know 20km, better star running then. So what's the difference between Rangers in Marines? Cause it seems marines are easier to join than special forces but marines just don't appeal to me as much, seems like they're a big dick sucking bunch.
>>30451847
So which branch would you suggest then? Cause I thought you could sign up for the Rangers
>>
>>30451883
Get a trade if you can. It'll make the rest of your life easier.
>>
this thread gave me cancer

Go to a fucking recruiter. It's how we all got into the military. He can get you an 18x, but an Opt40 you probably either gotta earn (show your recruiter you're worth it) or get extremely lucky.

I seriously doubt you'll ever earn any tab judging by the fact that you're too stupid to go outside and talk to a fucking recruiter, just sayin'.
>>
How many posts do we have to go through before spotting....

''For some reason, combat doesn't scare me like it used too. (Maybe because i've been playin ARMA)"

GTFO OP you fucking troll child.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.