[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies/TV Shows that Depict Gun Owners Negatively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
Hello /k/,

I don't make threads a lot but I need to know something. Which shows or movies have scenes that make you cringe or rage because they depict gun owners extremely negatively?

Hard mode: No anti-gun documentaries like every single micro-second of Bowling for Columbine.

Mainly for me, it's the gun shop scene in Borat. While it's not targeting gun owners directly it's basically Cohen saying (through the scene) "I'm using this scene to make gun-owning Americans look like stupid racist fucks"
>>
He make conservatives look better than libs in that movies.
>>
File: 1467185905689.png (908 KB, 1261x639) Image search: [Google]
1467185905689.png
908 KB, 1261x639
>taking Borat seriously

Assblasting americans still1 decade after his movie.
>>
>>30451834

I know it's suppose to be a comedy but I think this scene was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
>>
>>30451844
Well, he buys a car asking if he can kill gypsies with it. But i understand, gun owners sure take too much retarded activism on their backs.
>>
>>30451858
And we can't say much about it because whenever a gun owner goes on the news or something five hours later some "comedy" show will take it out of context to much applause and laughter.
>>
>>30451247
"Be like movie star Dirty Harold. Ok jew, make-a my day."

Still one of my favorite comedies to date.
>>
>>30451844
His aim as a comedian is to offend. What were you expecting.
>>
God Bless America wasn't exactly speaking in favor of free gun ownership. I still liked it back when I was an edgy teenager.
>>
>>30451247
It would be easier to list the movies involving guns that DON'T try to poke fun/paint us negatively.
>>
>>30451247

> (((((((Cohen)))))))
> making gun owners look bad

No surprise there, anon.
>>
>>30452969
/pol/ plz go
>>
>>30451247
https://youtube.com/watch?v=sHLEXPoiFy4
>>
>>30452984

> implying that ((((((jews)))))) attempting to disarm people and destabilize entire societies to further their own ends isn't a thing

How's the Kool-aid today?
>>
>>30451247

I remember a movie with Russel Crowe called Next Three Days. At one point Russel goes to a gun shop to buy a gun for the purpose of robbing a bank. He's a real straight guy, businessman, wife and kids, and he lives in Pittsburgh, which I don't believe has any waiting periods or unnecessary restrictions. So he goes into the gun shop, and it shows the guy behind the counter pulling a glock from an oil-stained rag that was underneath the counter. There's no reason this guy would have been denied on the 4473 and he could have walked out with the gun in 15 minutes, but they made gun shops look like shady places instead.
>>
>>30451247
>Hard mode: No anti-gun documentaries like every single micro-second of Bowling for Columbine.
Bowling For Columbine is one of the greatest comedies ever made. That Canada scene is hilarious
>>
Dexter had several episodes, one being the episode where Masuka (however you spell it.) brings his CC to try and help Dexter after he gets attacked. To which the fat guy replied "They really will let anyone have a gun in this city."

Paraphrased of course.
>>
I watched an episode of NCIS the other night, what a shitshow. They were investigating stolen faulty plate carriers and their inquiries took them to a gunshow, where they remarked that most of the guns were likely stolen or illegal, but then made some cringey observations about how having "Mr. Sig on their hip" would keep them safe if anything happened or some shit. Then they tried to fuck with a seller by inspecting a vest they had for sale and suggesting that it was stolen US military property because it was the same brand that the army uses. Changed the channel after that.
>>
>>30453021
that episode was mostly signaling irresponsible gun ownership
>>
>>30453111
>because it was the same brand that the army uses
>He doesn't own U.S Army™ plate carriers
>>
>>30453163
Exactly. The entire premise was that someone like Homer shouldn't own a gun. The NRA members kick him out when they see him being retarded with his gun. Also it's a comedy. My favorite scene is when he's shooting the plates and then cocks the hammer and goes "See you in hell, dinner plate."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPSxpfjBq8M
>>
>>30453210
gotta love the simpsons
south park too. the creators on that show are total meme-tier
>>
>>30451247
>mfw parents are immigrants and understand Borat's plight perfectly

Runaway Jury with John Cusack. The book had big tobacco getting sued but the movie changed it to gun companies. It's been over a decade since I watched it but some things were pretty egregious.
>gun CEOs scheme in a lodge filled trophy heads
>all old white men (technically true)
>evil gun people try to covertly fuck with the jury
>good guys covertly counter fuck the jury
>gun used in office massacre was designed for massacres
>easy to clean finish? It's for criminals to wipe away fingerprints after crimes
>36 round clips!
>gun companies bribe Cusack with millions, lose case anyway
>>
I don't like when they portray them as badass or manly or macho.
>>
>>30453210
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT2kvkz-IvQ
>>
>>30451247
Jumanji
>big game hunter needs a replacement gun
>shop owners start telling him the process
>presents sack of gold sovereigns
>walks out with a USAS

Crash
>old immigrant guy's shop keeps getting robbed
>his daughter begrudgingly buys him a revolver
>gets free box of bullets (no LGS does that)
>shop gets robbed again
>old guy blames Mexican locksmith
>goes to Mexican's house, confronts him on lawn
>ends up shooting Mexican guy's daughter accidentally
>loli unharmed (adorable magic anti-driveby shirt subplot)
>wat
>old guy wanders off and gives gun back to his daughter
>she bought blanks
>>
>>30453824
to be honest gold is like a memetic short-circuit for most people where gold is valued. I'd do a lot of things I wouldn't otherwise do for gold.
>>
>>30453824
He did basically give them enough to make it worth their while to break the law. It isn't just the gold but the fact of how old those coins were. Literally paid like 20 times more than what the gun is worth.
>>
File: bs.jpg (63 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
63 KB, 1280x960
lighten up guy, sacha baron cohen is a fuckin' comic genius.
showing the world how autistic the public really is.
only take offense if you are thin skinned and dim-witted.
we love america.
>>
Orange is the new black season 4 has some of the most bulshite ive ever seen
the agenda they're trying to push is so obvious
there's this bitch who says she killed a cop with his own gun
and then at the end this prison guard drops his gun and one of the prisoners picks it up and is gonna shoot him
Theres also this bitch who is like lady macbeth to the warden and points a PPK at someone for no reason and keeps yelling 'THIS IS A REGISTERED GUN' over and over.
also,
>'AR15 assault rifle'
>>
Not every gun owner is a badass, and Cohen showed us this quite vividly.

Though "The hotel owners have transformed into roaches! Throw money at them!" bit was the funniest part, by virtue of sheer political incorrectness
>>
>>30453824
he couldve started another store that day with that much gold. yeah i say he did the right thing.
>>
>>30454166
Sucks that it all gets retconned when the game ends.
>>
>>30454342
kek
>>
>>30454151
The running of the jew was better.
>>
>>30453064
Underrated post

Pissed me off too
>>
>>30453111
So much hate.

Even after the video where every vendor at a gun show confirms that they will not sell a gun without a 4473 and nics check people still think theres a gun show loophole.
>>
>>30453032
I'm a Jew and oppose gun control vehemently and own several guns and vote Trump.

For every Jew you see spouting off against guns there are 1000 Christians/atheists/whatever who do the same
>>
>>30456708
This is pretty true. You see a progun jew and think 'cool' and move on. You see a Bloomberg and rage "REEEEEE JOOS". In truth usually it's busy body maybe-christian housewives as the foot soldiers of the anti-movement.
>>
>>30453071
Moore accidentally makes a great point about media overhyping violence but about 3/4s of the way through he realizes it doesn't help his other points out. It's like he almost had a moment of clarity before thinking "nah let's go harass Charleston Heston instead". I don't think Moore even could process how sharp Marilyn Manson was. Like you can tell from that clip that the two operate on vastly different levels of thought.
>>
>>30456708
Nearly every rich guy that rails against gun ownership and has the money to lobby is Jewish and nearly every big media conglomerate that talks shit about guns is Jewish run and operated. And obviously there are numerically more people from other religions because you are a minority.

Its great you believe in the second amendment and liberty but if I see a yid name I'm going to assume you are a leftist agitator because most of you are
>>
>>30456974
>talks about the rich elite, a minority of any ethnicity
>still generalizes based on a minority of a minority
Sasuga /pol/
>>
>>30456996
m8,if you can source that claim that the majority of Jews are for firearms ownership I'll take it back but the JPFO themselves admit that the majority are against them.
>>
>>30457116
Many are just pawns or sheeple like many other whites, latinos and blacks, you wouldn't say that whites are against firearms ownership, would you?
>>
>>30457481
No, I wouldn't but your claim was the majority of Jews which you are now sliding into 'everyone else does it' which isn't true if you look at stats regarding opinions of personal firearms ownership.
>>
>>30457481
ofc not, whites are disproportionately constitutionalists and against commie faggots who seek to weaken and destroy the greatest nation to bless the earth from the inside.
>>
File: 1465215936383.jpg (147 KB, 904x832) Image search: [Google]
1465215936383.jpg
147 KB, 904x832
>>30456708
>I'm a Jew
>>
>>30456974
>Falling for the eternal anglo's scheme.

You poor fool
>>
There was an especially retarded episode of Psych where there was an illegal arms smuggling operation being run out of a gun range, where interestingly enough one of the cop main characters was a member. That show was awful in its last season. I miss it but I'm glad it died.
>>
I'm surprised this thread is getting a lot of thought and not reducing itself to the stupidity I'm used to back in /vg/,

Anyway, I also like to point out that in tv/movies...seems like the only people who stockpile guns and ammo are "white racist hicks with no education" OR "former military commandos with some kind of mental instability that want to take down X target for X reason". I guess it's to make some kind falsity that only insane people have guns and we need to remove that from them.

I stockpile ammo and I'm Filipino and from the last time I checked, I'm quite sane.
>>
>>30453824
>gets free box of bullets (no LGS does that)
Believe it or not, my lbs gave me a box of Magtech .357 Magnum when I bought my SP101. They were soft points, but still.
>>
File: 1462475403995.gif (3 MB, 387x291) Image search: [Google]
1462475403995.gif
3 MB, 387x291
>>30456974
Jim and Sarah Brady of Brady Campaign are goys
>>
>>30453032
ITT: Angry little 14 year old kid with divorced parents who's living with his mom because her lawyer's name ends in "berg" or "stein" attempts to show how edgy and not mad he is by railing against the (((joos))) and using excessive parentheses like the media told him the white power guys do.
>>
>>30459758
Wow, that's cool.

The most I ever got after buying a gun was a free extra magazine from the bargain bin.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.