[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
knives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
how does /k/ feel about switchblades for self defence until i can get a CC permit
>>
>>30449788
>self defence
better 'bin that knife' n get a life boy..... You gotta b at least 18 to buy plastic disposable kitchenware, how old you think you gonna have to be to own a metal automatic assault knife?
>>
>>30449788
You can stab people quickly. Stick, stick, stick! Fast!

Knives are dangerous
>>
Better than nothing, but a knife fight is a good way to end up in the hospital in the bed next to the guy you were fighting.

tl;dr get your CC permit already
>>
>>30449788
Knives are dangerous things, you don't need one.
Just give the robber what he want and go bout your life.
>>
op here i am murican just going to be about 2 years until i can get my permit and switchblades seemed like a cool and practical substitute for lack of a better word
>>
>>30449986
>practical
Just go to the kitchen right now and cut off your fingers.
>>
>>30449986
Buddy, you can kill someone quicker with a knife than a gun. Fact
>>
Buy an assisted opening Kershaw asset on eBay for like 30 bucks right now faggot
>>
>>30449788
you better get an actual knife boyo, your pic is barely an intimidation tactic, and next to useless because its gonna break quicker than shit.
pic related is just about the best youre gonna do for 40 dollarydoos.
learn you some shit and get some self defense training so you dont stab yourself
>>
>>30450109
Yeah.. If you shoot them in the toe. Wtf kind of argument/fact is this? Fastest I've seen someone die from knife is beheading in less than 5 seconds. Gunshot would be instant
>>
File: 20160630_013820.jpg (4 MB, 3811x2143) Image search: [Google]
20160630_013820.jpg
4 MB, 3811x2143
>>30449788
>stiletto
>self-defense
Are you actually this stupid?
>>
>>30450109
It's stupid, if you target the same area, death is as quick with one as it is with the other.
A bullet to the head can kills you in less than a second, just as a knife wound to the subclavian artery.
What patters anyway is precision, one isn't inherently faster to kill than the other.
Well unless you have a knife+3 with a bleeding spell that is.
>>
>>30449788

Switchblades are dumb. They have no utilitarian features and are only good for stabbing and scaring people. Knives as a self defence tool are also pretty terrible since you literally have to attempt a murder if you are going to defence yourself with one.

Get a blunt object or a gun.
>>
>>30451925

How did you find your way here being this illiterate?
>>
>>30451925
>since you literally have to attempt a murder if you are going to defence yourself with one.
>defence yourself
Seriously? It's not like you don't have to be willing to kill someone if you defend yourself with a gun, right?

Also switchblades have great utility value. Especially OTF switchblades, they significantly reduce the chance of cutting yourself when using the knife. And double actions are very useful since you can easily open and close a knife safely when your other hand is occupied.
>>
File: Stiletto_Switchblade.jpg (10 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Stiletto_Switchblade.jpg
10 KB, 450x450
>>30451939

Defending yourself with a CCW is more likely to be passed off as a justifiable homicide. Carrying a knife with an intention to use it for self-defence could be even seen as pre-meditated murder.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat=19860827&id=209PAAAAIBAJ&sjid=4QIEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3327,3397934&hl=fi

This case from 1986 was the only one I could find where someone used their knife to kill an attacker and got away with it.

And sure, there are plenty of quality switchblades around. Pic related are still shit. The long blade can't take a lot of abuse and makes it unwieldy for opening boxes etc
>>
Can anyone recommend a cheap but not shit d/a otf?
>>
Get some pepper spray. Not because it's non lethal, but because it's more likely that you'll come out of the other end of a defensive scenario okay with spray than with your shitty letter opener.

Then get a gun when you can.
>>
>>30451925
>you literally have to attempt a murder if you are going to defence yourself

That's... that's pretty much universally understood as what your intent is when defending against a lethal attack. I guess you're the exception.
>>
>>30452238
This!
>>
>>30450247
You are not stupid. You re super stupid.

I can shove a blade into your neck four times while you attempt to unholster a sidearm.
>>
>>30452600
Not even the anon you're arguing with but I'd really like to see your master ninja moves at work. Usually, if I were the bad guy I'd already be pointing my gun your way or at least have it out of the holster. I've seen the videos put out by that knife guy years ago and they are also retarded. I'm glad you feel safe with your pocket knife but it is misplaced confidence.

For self-defense OP you need a gun, if not old enough for a modern semiauto then buy and carry an unregulated antique pre1898 cartridge revolver or depending on local laws a reproduction cap and ball black powder.
>>
>>30449788
Get pepper spray or a taser.
>>
>>30452600
Sure thing Will Keith.
>>
File: Ontario RAT1.jpg (473 KB, 1024x921) Image search: [Google]
Ontario RAT1.jpg
473 KB, 1024x921
>>30449788
>how does /k/ feel about switchblades for self defence until i can get a CC permit

I think you should get pepper spray and a more innocuous knife. Switchblades are novelty items at this point, thumb studs and flippers and wavelike features mean that pretty much everything opens quickly now.
>>
>>30453380
im not as worried about speed as much as what would be better to kill/subdue someone
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.