[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4th of July Deals/Hail Huldra?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: t_tactical_elite.jpg (8 KB, 397x113) Image search: [Google]
t_tactical_elite.jpg
8 KB, 397x113
Anyone have any news on good deals for the upcoming holiday? Can be for guns, ammo, etc.

Also, have any of you had any experience with Huldra AR's? Fleet Farm has Mark IV 5.56 Mid Tactical Elite rifles half off for $719 for the 4th and I was wondering if they were any good. I'm new to AR's so any tips or insights are much appreciated. Pic related.
>>
I wouldn't considering purchasing a piston-based AR-15 for your first rifle. You can't go wrong with BCM, LMT, or Colt (6020, 6940, or AR15A4). Yes, there are a lot of other great manufacturers out there, but if you're looking for a basic starting rifle around that price these brands are what I'd recommend.
>>
>>30446610
No insight on those rifles.But I do know that my department started issuing Ruger556 rifles. They are at a price point of 550-600 for a gun that hasflip up rear, a frame front, and military spec rifle.

Its about the cheapest I would go. Groups were within a half dollar using iron only at 30m for me from the knee using american eagle .223 ammunition during qualifications.

Good luck with your search. If you want good deals on ammo, subscribe to freedom munitions mailing list. I get 20-50% ammo notifications weekly, and flat rate/free shipping notifications.
>>
File: 004.png (1 MB, 1364x572) Image search: [Google]
004.png
1 MB, 1364x572
>>30446610
>Also, have any of you had any experience with Huldra AR's?

My co-worker has one (pic relate) and enjoys it. He actually just bought another Huldra upper. I've fired it, and I preferred it over my friend's DI rifle.

I'm currently in the process of building an AR myself. I will be working off a Huldra lower, but /arg/ convinced me that standard D.I. gas system would be better for my first build.

I have an AK already, so it's not like I need some mythically reliable piston AR.

To be perfectly honest though, the Huldra products are half price (for reasons unknown), and I wouldn't fault you for buying one. Just be aware that there seems to be a learning curve with them.
>>
>>30446777
I should also point out that if you look around AR15.com, Huldra rifles appear to get quite a bit of praise for being such a niche name.

I can also tell you Huldra rifles start their lives as Adams Arms rifles, but I'm not certain if Huldra does any work to them before putting their name on them.
>>
>>30446706
>If you want good deals on ammo, subscribe to freedom munitions mailing list. I get 20-50% ammo notifications weekly, and flat rate/free shipping notifications.
Is this what we call guerilla marketing?
>>
>>30446802
>kek
Probably. The kabooms are always half off.
>>
>>30446610
>4th of july deals
Is this another black friday or...? We could do with one of those.
>>
>>30446802
I wish I got paid by them. No ive been able to pick up reload 9mm for anywhere from 10-13 a box with no shipping costs,and they buy the brass back from me so every 1000 rounds,I get anywhere from 50-100 rounds back based on the price of brass at the time of buyback.

Its the cheapest plinking ammo ive been able to find. (assuming you get them on free shipping)

Only down side is youre pretty much stuck with handgun ammunition or some limited.223 selections. They do not sell affordable 7.62 or 12ga ammunition.
>>
File: 1461804184266.png (80 KB, 1982x1133) Image search: [Google]
1461804184266.png
80 KB, 1982x1133
>>30446777
I too have an AK and want to branch out a bit, so thank you for the info.

I'm very new to the AR platform so I'm not sure if I should go piston or DI. Piston sounds nice to me, but DI is supposed to run just fine if you take care of it from what I've heard.
>>
>>30446973

I think for new owners like us, it's better to stick to the AK mindset. "No frills", so to speak. Keep it simple.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.