[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inforce light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: INF-WML-BWMH-5.jpg (141 KB, 981x449) Image search: [Google]
INF-WML-BWMH-5.jpg
141 KB, 981x449
I’m looking to add a weapon light on to my AR-15 and have been looking at momentary only INFORCE light.
They seem popular but a few YouTube reviews claim that the polymer housing has a tendency to split easily. I have no interest in using a corded pressure pad so I’ve come to /k/ to ask if anyone has had this problem and if there is a similar alternative to INFORCE.
>>
i Had one of those on my MSAR. At nuggerfest I shot at least 1k rounds almost non-stop through it and the vibrations caused the light to fall off. Then once remounted I shot at least 300 more rounds and somehow that caused the thing to break in general. The end cap on the screw fell off and there was no way to remove it, the light its self inside it broke and no matter what battery i put in there none would work. Its a arguable a hu nk of junk. Go with something expensive like a TR1 or 5 or some shit.
>>
I wish they weren't such shit because I love the design.
>>
there was another issue with the monetary only wml. apparently the battery would get drained even when not in use. WMl's response to the issue? they put out a statement saying users should unscrew the head and rescrew when you need to use the light...ok....
but this was a few years ago, hopefully they fixed whatever the issue was.
personally, i would just use a push button surefire
>>
You could get a hand held light mount and buy a good streamlight or surefire that has momentary on switches and clamp it down to the rifle.When you are not toting the rifle around you can keep the light in your pocket.

Its what I do to my patrol rifle. I don't see a big positive for me having a rifle online rail light.
>>
>>30446612
Damn, that sucks.

Mine's been great for about 5k rounds, and being slung through '15 nuggetfest, although I haven't taken any classes or really operated with it yet.
>>
>>30446549
Mission First Tactical Back-Up Torch looks like a good alternative.
>>
>>30446549
get a SF light
>>
>>30446612

>Attends autismfest

Your obesity is showing.
>>
Get at least a 500 lumen light, 1000 would be better. Your welcome.
>>
I have an APL on my p07, and a WML on my raifu. Have run through a few local courses (300-500 round counts), plus some USPSA style competitions and they are still running well. Haven't changed the batteries either and it's been over a year. Need to do more low/no light training.

No complaints, my biggest attraction was the low price point, fairly good reviews, and that the pistol activation was ambidextrous paddles instead of a rotating switch
>>
File: 20160104_192719_zpssi9f7typ.jpg (152 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
20160104_192719_zpssi9f7typ.jpg
152 KB, 1024x576
>>30446549
I'm not that well versed in weaponlights but either check out Surefire or Streamlight if you're on a budget. Surefire makes pretty good lights like the M300 and M600 series. Some online stores MAY have a 4th of July sale on them so I would wait and do some more research until then.

If you do not want to spend ~$260 for a Surefire, you can always build one with an Arisaka Defense body and a Malkoff Devices head with a momentary on tailcap for ~$170.

I plan on getting an HSP Backbone which is a Surefire body with mounting points already attatched. For what it's worth, Travis Haley to my knowledge does not use the Inforce WML anymore and uses the Backbone type light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcGvNh2uDlg

Take it for what it's worth. I admit I'm a huge Haley kool aid drinker.
>>
i had an enforce on my tavor and it worked great. but if youre not sure, look at fenix options. i think they have a wml and fenix are built excellently.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.