[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they call it the Hi-power when it shoots a less powerful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: browninghipower.jpg (40 KB, 848x477) Image search: [Google]
browninghipower.jpg
40 KB, 848x477
Why did they call it the Hi-power when it shoots a less powerful round than the 911?
>>
because your parents don't love you
>>
>>30445671
1911*
fuck
>>
>>30445671
It was high capacity in its time.
Firepower, as they say.
>>
>>30445671
13+1 rounds was almost twice the 7+1 round capacity of the 1911, and similar single stack service pistols of the era.
>>
Because it held 13 rounds.
>>
>>30445671

For the same reason they added a fucking magazine disconnect.
It's a shit gun that was designed to not infringe on 1911 patents rather than be good.

seriously thought,
>>30445799
What he said.
It's because of the capacity.
>>
>>30445838
I'll never get why 1911 fanboys cry about the magazine disconnect when their own precious gun has a useless grip safety.
>>
>>30445671
There's not a gun out there that can fire a round as powerful as a fully-loaded passenger Jet, Senpai
>>
>>30445671
Because, for its era, 13 rounds was a lot of power.
>>
>>30445948

Because a grip safety doesn't stop you from pulling the trigger when you want to.
>>
>>30446040
That's exactly what it does, though.
>>
>>30446040
If you're holding the gun in any manner than doesn't depress the safety then it won't fire. Or it mechanically fails. Or gets jammed up with dirt/sand.

I wouldn't say it's as bad as a mag disconnect, but it's a potential point of failure with no redeeming quality.
>>
>>30446053

Grip your gun correctly then
>>
I've got a 1911 that doesn't have a grip safety. I didn't like the look of it at first, but now I cannot stand grip safeties.
>>
>>30446053

Mine must be broken then, because it has never prevented me from pulling the trigger when I wanted to.
Interestingly, it Has prevented me pulling the trigger when I Didn't want to.
Yeah, must be defective.
>>
>>30446072
Don't try to shoot your gun without a magazine in the magwell, then.

>>30446075
A magazine disconnect safety is no different.
>>
>>30446069

>If you're holding the gun in any manner than doesn't depress the safety then it won't fire.
I've spent a lot of time trying to do this, and i can't hold it in a way in which I can squeeze the trigger without depressing the grip safety.
I'm guessing you don't know this, because you don't own one.

>Or it mechanically fails.
There's about as much chance of that as your trigger snapping in half.

>Or gets jammed up with dirt/sand.
The gap is so thin you can barely slide a piece of paper in there, and it would take a lot of stuff in there to prevent it from depressing.
>>
>>30446088

>A magazine disconnect safety is no different.

>>unload my gun
>>want to lower the hammer to practice racking the slide on a dud round
>>"lol no go fuck yourself" says the BHP
>>
>>30446118
>pulling the trigger on a gun inside your residence
>implying you are smart enough to avoid an ND without the mag disconnect

Manlet detected.
>>
>>30446141

Alright, not gonna lie,
that was pretty funny.
>>
The reason people complain about the Hi-Power's magazine disconnect but not the 1911's grip safety is because of how it both affects the quality of the trigger pull and prevents magazines from dropping free. Combined with a slightly warped sear spring (which I have seen often enough), it's not uncommon to come across a used Hi -Power where the magazine not only doesn't fall free, it doesn't move at all when the mag catch is depressed and has to be ripped out of the magwell.
>>
>>30446201

Legit post.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>30446201
While all of this is true, I also hate how I had to put a mag back in the gun to decock it after unloading.

But it's piss easy to remove, so w/e.
>>
>>30446318
>to decock it after unloading.
Why is this supposedly an essential task that you need to complete in your gun handling and why are you so retarded that you can't drop the hammer BEFORE you drop the magazine?
>>
File: alien.jpg (342 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
342 KB, 750x422
>>30445671

I like my 1911 and my Hi-power.

Fuck you all.
>>
>>30446072
Put your magazine in correctly then :^)
>>
>>30446332

>Why is this supposedly an essential task that you need to complete in your gun handling
It's not, but some people want to do it sometimes, and don't want their gun telling them no.

>and why are you so retarded that you can't drop the hammer BEFORE you drop the magazine?
To do that, you'd have to lock the slide back to eject the chambered round, remove the mag, or at least partially remove it, release the slide, insert the mag, pull the trigger, then remove the mag fully.
It's a much bigger pain in the ass than: drop mag, rack slide, squeeze trigger
>>
>>30445671
C A P A C I T Y
>>
>>30446418
>To do that, you'd have to lock the slide back to eject the chambered round, remove the mag, or at least partially remove it, release the slide, insert the mag, pull the trigger, then remove the mag fully.
How are you starting on the premise of the gun not being shot to empty? Why the fuck do you need the hammer to be down, then???
>>
>>30446476

>How are you starting on the premise of the gun not being shot to empty?
Because my gun spends 99.9999% of its time not being shot until empty.
>>
>>30446510
What?
>>
>>30446546

I don't know how to explain it more clearly.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.